May 04, 2024, 04:12:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18089 18090 18091 18092 18093 18094 18095 18096 18097 18098 18099 18100 18101 18102 18103 18104 18105 18106 18107 18108 18109 18110 18111 18112 18113 18114 18115 18116 18117 18118 18119 18120 18121 18122 18123 18124 18125 18126 18127 18128 18129 18130 18131 18132 18133 18134 18135 18136 18137 18138 [18139] 18140 18141 18142 18143 18144 18145 18146 18147 18148 18149 18150 18151 18152 18153 18154 18155 18156 18157 18158 18159 18160 18161 18162 18163 18164 18165 18166 18167 18168 18169 18170 18171 18172 18173 18174 18175 18176 18177 18178 18179 18180 18181 18182 18183 18184 18185 18186 18187 18188 18189 ... 33322 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372001 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
TheFlynn49

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:52:19 AM

BTC.top stopped signalling segwit2x an hour ago.

still 942 btc1 nodes alive on the network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:53:14 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 08:13:34 AM by Rosewater Foundation

I can think of worse problems to have than 180K BTC.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:04:48 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 08:24:43 AM by JayJuanGee

He looks fabulous now and I actually kind of envy him.

But I am still appalled that the value of BCH+BTG (future)+S2X (future) alone already cover HALF of creditor's claim.  So technically he could just give the creditors those forkcoins, but still keep 90% of BTC and made off like a bandit.  I wouldn't want to be him if he end up with like 180K BTC in the end.

That would be crazy if any court (even if in Japan) would allow for that level of disparity and seemingly unjust enrichment of a person (Mark) who, at minimum, was very negligent and more likely reckless with carrying out his custodial duties over the coins of others.

Given the considerable and even exponential increase in value of BTC during this calendar year, including issuance of BCH and BTC coins and S2x futures, as you mentioned LP, it would be really nice if the court could figure out a kind of prompt resolution to allow for a 50% reimbursement, or something like that, of everyone who had BTC balances at the time of the GOX closure, even if the rest of the proceedings might be held up or held off in order to possibly consider other distribution matters.  The exponential price appreciation of BTC brings a kind of special circumstance that should allow for some quick handing out of justice to help to ameliorate some of the suffering of those folks holding (or claiming) BTC values at that time of the Gox closure... of course, there will still be some screwiness in the distribution, perhaps, because some folks were in the middle of trades, when the surprise shutting off of the site happened..

These are unusual times in BTC that would allow for unusual measures and a kind of prompt partial justice, yet sometimes courts don't seem to be practical in terms of flexible thinking to treat an asset class that they likely do not understand too well and in terms of applying old standards to new asset dynamics.  

Anyhow issuing 50% BTC to all outstanding BTC claims, would likely allow for the reimburse everyone of those particular
BTC holding folks well more than 100% (if such a concept is possibly understood) of the then value of their BTC, and possibly the court would not appreciate that kind of outcome either, since they are probably still considering that some of the outstanding BTC claims are NOT valid, perhaps?    So, if they are having some trouble with some of the claims, then perhaps, just reward 50% of the BTC value to all of the folks that have claims that are not disputed.  By now, you would think that there are likely quite a few of those kinds of undisputed claims, no?
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:05:16 AM

I can think of worse problem to have than 180K BTC.

Sounds like a heavy target to carry around.  Who knows, maybe he'll be third time lucky.

You think there are that many people still out for blood?  
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:07:30 AM

I can think of worse problem to have than 180K BTC.

Sounds like a heavy target to carry around.  Who knows, maybe he'll be third time lucky.

You think there are that many people still out for blood?  
People should be given their choice of reimbursement in either fiat or btc. Crime should not be profitable, otherwise we will get more criminals.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4160

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:24:24 AM

Guys, seriously, I don't know if you've noticed it, but we've coined two new and ultra-cool crypto terms:

Carolina

Being roached out

IMO, they both deserve to be up there with HoDL, Bitcorn, and This Is Gentlemen.

I love it!
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:32:34 AM

Guys, seriously, I don't know if you've noticed it, but we've coined two new and ultra-cool crypto terms:

Carolina

Being roached out

IMO, they both deserve to be up there with HoDL, Bitcorn, and This Is Gentlemen.

I love it!
I just saw THAT LINE from 300 on youtube. And what I heard was Carolina. God damn you people.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:37:36 AM

Looks like I may be posting that CCMF meme soon...

Go BTC go!

please tell me what CCMF stands for. I found 10 different meanings and all sound silly Smiley

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/choo-choo-motherfucker

thanks. I found these acronyms:

Carolina Country Music Fest
Closed Casket Mo* Fu*
Criminal Case Management Framework
Central Coast Mothers Favorites
Core Component Measuring Fixture
Common Cost Management Framework
Canadian Consultant Management Fund

Carolina country music fest!! Ha ha.

Guys today is definitely Carolina Country Music Fest. Keep watching that price.

We can thank vroom for that one.
vroom
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1681

a Cray can run an endless loop in under 4 hours

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:39:32 AM

Looks like I may be posting that CCMF meme soon...

Go BTC go!

please tell me what CCMF stands for. I found 10 different meanings and all sound silly Smiley

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/choo-choo-motherfucker

thanks. I found these acronyms:

Carolina Country Music Fest
Closed Casket Mo* Fu*
Criminal Case Management Framework
Central Coast Mothers Favorites
Core Component Measuring Fixture
Common Cost Management Framework
Canadian Consultant Management Fund

Carolina country music fest!! Ha ha.

Guys today is definitely Carolina Country Music Fest. Keep watching that price.

We can thank vroom for that one.

my plessure Smiley
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:44:50 AM

Goes back a little further, actually:

Are we CCMF, gentlemen?
I Googled CCMF and came up with Carolina Country Music Fest! Is that what it means? LOL!  Cheesy
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:05:21 AM

Are we CCMF, gentlemen?
I Googled CCMF and came up with Carolina Country Music Fest! Is that what it means? LOL!  Cheesy

Ok, maybe take 50/50 credit?

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4160

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:08:51 AM

Are we CCMF, gentlemen?

LOL, yes, you're right! I was a CCMF newbie, not too long ago...
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 09:13:41 AM

My fork coins are worth what my bitcoins were worth last year.

Cry
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:14:33 AM

Are we CCMF, gentlemen?

Ok, maybe take 50/50 credit?

Seems like a team effort, anyhow - including a kind of consensus that is achieved.. and does meaning come across through it?  ..

Really, I appreciate the concept of being roached... it has a kind of resonance with me, and it seems to be a kind of common phenomenon in bitcoinlandia.. whether it is distraction by PMs or distractions by alts or just a kind of bearish waiting and betting to buy lower..

I already mentioned that BJA seems to have been roached, too.. and both roach and BJA are famous personas in this thread.. .perhaps, I will think about being BJA-ed as similar to being roached.
WOW4U

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:18:30 AM

Due to its strong incentive to hoard rather than spend, Bitcoin is already a "peer Peerage to peer Peerage Electronic Cash System". 

Payment has already been disrupted by the like of Alipay, which has retained 500 million users and attracted over USD$1 trillion for its money market fund in the space of a few years.  A decentralized blockchain can never hope to achieve such adoption compare to a centralized solution.  In fact, the reason why Japan even introduces "J-Coin" is largely due to the expansion of Alipay into neighboring countries such as Japan and Taiwan.  Because seriously, who would want their personal banking details and spending habits stored in China and be available to Chicom censors? 

There is no need to re-invent the wheel.  Bitcoin only has to try remaining decentralized and trustless and serve its function for social scaling and reaching consensus.  One can then build payment/credit/derivative layers on top as per Exeter's pyramid. 

https://dpsi7pmz5b6vt.cloudfront.net/uploads/media/905/220515EP.jpg
I agree with you it is already invented but i would say that bitcoin can go to 10k easily at the end of this year don't you agree with me it has already reached 7.5k don't you think it can go even higher than that easily?
Roffendahl

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:32:25 AM

Bitcoin could have been the #1 and solved all the problems. Instead, it retards itself to 6 tp/s and has been taken over by the likes of Adam "I invented Bitcoin" Back, Gregory Maxwell the Wikipedia troll and Luke "I think the Sun revolves around the Earth" junior. Literally a trio of Retards, at the end of the day they are nothing more than useful idiots who receive their paychecks directly from the Banksters that Bitcoin was invented to destroy. They will go down in history as Liars, shills and idiots who held back Crypto's potential for years and forced the rise of altcoins and bitcoin cash. Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter - We are going to win anyway.

Don't you think you are stressing the scaling debate a little too much?

Biggest blocks could be a solution, but segwit should work too, and if properly developed I think is a much more elegant solution than biggest blocks.

Altcash seems to me even more centralized than core, but what I really think is that there are no evil bankster behind any side, just some pression groups who want to achieve their interest. Zero trust environment, as usual, with powerful personalities both sides, but no evil jew banksters.

I'm glad you buyed @20 usd, I buyed a year later @1000, mined at loss and I have made little profits, but I don't think your "i'm rich in bitcoin" argument is valid when it comes to scaling debate.

I think that everyone should possibly be able to run a full node on a raspberry in afghanistan, this is very important, why you think that 8x tx/s are more important than this? And what happens when 8mb block are full? Don't you think we are going to buy our coffee with 8 mb blocks right?

I'm not rich at all, but my point is that many thousands are getting into bitcoin just recently because of it's increase in popularity, they read censored forums which are intentionally manipulated and then they are engaging in obvious groupthink psychological manipulation - This is a pretty obvious tactic that has been often used by various intelligence agencies of the world. People who got into BTC earlier, IE 2011-2012 generally aren't as likely to fall for Blockstream's manipulation, censorship and misinformation tactics. And those are the ones who are now being ostracized from the community. This points to a complete rewrite of the original BTC community, it's intentions, its code, its purpose, and its future. Satoshi's Bitcoin is dead. Now it's BlockstreamCoin - A Bitcoin NOT meant to compete with FIAT, or meant to compete with banks, but rather a settlement layer for the Rich and a speculator toy to play around with on exchanges. That's Blockstream's vision. Forget about the masses. Blockstream firmly believes that FIAT is superior to Crypto (after all that's what they get paid in) --- and Bitcoin should just be a settlement layer primarily used by the already-Rich and Speculators. Christ, I can't believe it even has to be argued - it's so obvious that Blockstream are the corporate takeover of Bitcoin that it makes my eyes bleed.
Less words that say more, and paragraphs.
Haha you are right he could have said it in lesser words took me like 5 minutes to read everything and understand it but can we just not talk about Christ around here? that is so inappropriate for all the Christians around here.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:36:13 AM

How much hours left in fork approximately?

BTG snapshot is on the 25th, then coins hit in November (10th?). 2x is later in November.

So still 3 days left? Interesting days...

About 2x, I think its support will be withdrawn and nothing would happen.

I predicted the failure of Segwit2x a long time ago... Smiley

Currently the time to sell bitcoin and buy ethereum/ethereum classics.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:36:24 AM

Re: Mt Gox

On the bankruptcy creditor forms I filled in, the form asked if I wanted to be paid in JPY or BTC.

I opted for BTC.  I was (stupidly) thinking I would get X% of the BTC I lost (according to the ratio left, in proportion to the loss).  I assumed it might be 20% (ish) in BTC.  Which would have been fine.

But to sell them and be paid based on the cash value at the time?  I had most of my BTC out so it was only about 5 BTC, but I guess it won't be much now relative to the BTC.   I agree with Jojo that he was just a numbskull, but to end up with hundreds of millions....

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, I guess - but nor does it make a lot of sense.

More worrying is a giant auction to sell the BTC doing further damage to add to the whole Gox collapse in the first place.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:50:00 AM

Bitcoin could have been the #1 and solved all the problems. Instead, it retards itself to 6 tp/s and has been taken over by the likes of Adam "I invented Bitcoin" Back, Gregory Maxwell the Wikipedia troll and Luke "I think the Sun revolves around the Earth" junior. Literally a trio of Retards, at the end of the day they are nothing more than useful idiots who receive their paychecks directly from the Banksters that Bitcoin was invented to destroy. They will go down in history as Liars, shills and idiots who held back Crypto's potential for years and forced the rise of altcoins and bitcoin cash. Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter - We are going to win anyway.

Don't you think you are stressing the scaling debate a little too much?

Biggest blocks could be a solution, but segwit should work too, and if properly developed I think is a much more elegant solution than biggest blocks.

Altcash seems to me even more centralized than core, but what I really think is that there are no evil bankster behind any side, just some pression groups who want to achieve their interest. Zero trust environment, as usual, with powerful personalities both sides, but no evil jew banksters.

I'm glad you buyed @20 usd, I buyed a year later @1000, mined at loss and I have made little profits, but I don't think your "i'm rich in bitcoin" argument is valid when it comes to scaling debate.

I think that everyone should possibly be able to run a full node on a raspberry in afghanistan, this is very important, why you think that 8x tx/s are more important than this? And what happens when 8mb block are full? Don't you think we are going to buy our coffee with 8 mb blocks right?

I'm not rich at all, but my point is that many thousands are getting into bitcoin just recently because of it's increase in popularity, they read censored forums which are intentionally manipulated and then they are engaging in obvious groupthink psychological manipulation - This is a pretty obvious tactic that has been often used by various intelligence agencies of the world. People who got into BTC earlier, IE 2011-2012 generally aren't as likely to fall for Blockstream's manipulation, censorship and misinformation tactics. And those are the ones who are now being ostracized from the community. This points to a complete rewrite of the original BTC community, it's intentions, its code, its purpose, and its future. Satoshi's Bitcoin is dead. Now it's BlockstreamCoin - A Bitcoin NOT meant to compete with FIAT, or meant to compete with banks, but rather a settlement layer for the Rich and a speculator toy to play around with on exchanges. That's Blockstream's vision. Forget about the masses. Blockstream firmly believes that FIAT is superior to Crypto (after all that's what they get paid in) --- and Bitcoin should just be a settlement layer primarily used by the already-Rich and Speculators. Christ, I can't believe it even has to be argued - it's so obvious that Blockstream are the corporate takeover of Bitcoin that it makes my eyes bleed.
Less words that say more, and paragraphs.
Haha you are right he could have said it in lesser words took me like 5 minutes to read everything and understand it but can we just not talk about Christ around here? that is so inappropriate for all the Christians around here.
It's not even about the time or length of something. People who use an excessive amount of words to convey their meaning, and put it all in one big clump to make it difficult and bothersome to read, are inherently deceitful. They do it to mask whatever their agenda is.
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:52:44 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 10:20:33 AM by eXpl0sive

2X money is flowing into BitCH coin.

Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
$836.87 (33.86%)  |  0.11677600 BTC (34.88%)
Pages: « 1 ... 18089 18090 18091 18092 18093 18094 18095 18096 18097 18098 18099 18100 18101 18102 18103 18104 18105 18106 18107 18108 18109 18110 18111 18112 18113 18114 18115 18116 18117 18118 18119 18120 18121 18122 18123 18124 18125 18126 18127 18128 18129 18130 18131 18132 18133 18134 18135 18136 18137 18138 [18139] 18140 18141 18142 18143 18144 18145 18146 18147 18148 18149 18150 18151 18152 18153 18154 18155 18156 18157 18158 18159 18160 18161 18162 18163 18164 18165 18166 18167 18168 18169 18170 18171 18172 18173 18174 18175 18176 18177 18178 18179 18180 18181 18182 18183 18184 18185 18186 18187 18188 18189 ... 33322 »
  Print  

Jump to: