June 30, 2024, 02:07:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 [765] 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 ... 33494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26408793 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:17:38 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 11:38:01 AM by strawbs

See this link it shows that there has been a transaction from your wallet to some address. It means the wallet service is root of this problem. And I don't know if they are gonna give you your BTC back or not. Try to contact them by all the ways you can.

https://blockchain.info/tx/489ec924a4162259a940946f4fa1001abe77f7f5430e38bb500d1c358654605d

The address is 1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH which your bitcoins were sent to. And if I see the stats of that address it seems like its a really big company they have more then 600BTCs. Really confusing. It could also be possible that your account was hacked.

I thought my Mt. Gox account was comprimised, it wasn't, I traced it back to a "Hero" member her on Bitcoin Forum, I still have not heard a word back from this Forum admin regarding the theft. I just received a free Yubikey coupon from Mt. Gox, even though it wasn't their fault.

The member who stole my BTC is still here and getting more and more BTC everyday, and even posts here that nobody will help anyone who gets their bitcoin taken in the USA. My BTC is in Germany now. Like I said Bitcoin Forum admin are ignoring me, as is bitcoinwallet.in. I am not going to mention who it is that has taken it, as I am pretty sure it is a group of people, dealing in the XRP (Ripple) Forum. Get free XRP, people want to 'buy' your XRP with BTC, then they get access to your account and empty out your wallet. I have reported this to the proper people and it is up to them if they want to allow crypto to continue to allow criminals to plunder at will, as for me, I am done with crypto currency due to this. Life is too short to constantly worry about getting ripped off, and that is how it will be as long as there is no recourse for being the victim of crime. If anyone can help me get my BTC back, I would appreciate it. My email is ********@gmail.com , if you can return my 4.02 BTC, please deposit into my Mt. Gox Account: M***********
 Here is the Bitcoin Wallet address from where it was stolen, 1Vkaz6jgQkbLuGT72ewkwhYkf5nsmcSMJ it is not hard to find figure out, 4.02 deposit, 4.02 sent(Not by me).

https://blockchain.info/tx/489ec924a4162259a940946f4fa1001abe77f7f5430e38bb500d1c358654605d

I am a nice person, and nice people finish last, time is on my side and I know I will finish.

Mate, you really shouldn't post in a public forum your email address and your Mt.Gox account number.  I'd recommend you edit your post for security reasons.  Just some friendly advice.

EDIT - hidden his email address and account number (!)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:35:02 AM

We are in the "early/pricing" stage of an exponentially growing (later: S-growing) phenomenon. If everything goes as it has done in several bubbles before, the great bubble will form when 1-2% of the population had adopted the technology. For Bitcoin, this means about 50 million adapters that actually use bitcoin for something. This "something" has so far been lagging, though.

I withdrew my prediction for $300 for 2013, but this does not mean that I was sure it will not happen. In 2014 it will happen for sure. Or some 1.5-sigma event happens.

The great moves have been able to push the price up roughly by an order of magnitude. We need 4 such moves and the rest of this year is not long enough time. April-June 2014 is now my target.

Current price I would just buy as much as I can.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:36:26 AM

We are in the "early/pricing" stage of an exponentially growing (later: S-growing) phenomenon. If everything goes as it has done in several bubbles before, the great bubble will form when 1-2% of the population had adopted the technology. For Bitcoin, this means about 50 million adapters that actually use bitcoin for something. This "something has so far been lagging, though".

I withdrew my prediction for $300 for 2013, but this does not mean that I was sure it will not happen. In 2014 it will happen for sure. Or some 1.5-sigma event happens.

The great moves have been able to push the price up roughly by an order of magnitude. We need 4 such moves and the rest of this year is not long enough time. April-June 2014 is now my target.

So, willing to do an escrowed bet against everybody willing to join in this forums, regarding NOT arriving at $300,000 per BTC by 2014?
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:39:46 AM

Bearish triangle closing very soon. Up or down?

I say down, but I don't discard breaking $110 for a while before the crash to double digits. I speculated a bit between yesterday and today, bought at 77€ and sold between 81.22€ and 81.77€ during last night and this morning. Volume very low, not easy at all to trade +150BTC ATM avoiding slippage.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:50:26 AM

Bearish triangle closing very soon. Up or down?

I say down, but I don't discard breaking $110 for a while before the crash to double digits. I speculated a bit between yesterday and today, bought at 77€ and sold between 81.22€ and 81.77€ during last night and this morning. Volume very low, not easy at all to trade +150BTC ATM avoiding slippage.

Again with this low volume. That worries me, in particular after a bounce. One would expect some kind of continuation.
Watching that 100ema closely.

Nice to see Rpietila here posting again. Seriously are you doing things in mBTC now, because your prediction was 300k this year, not it's 300 next year. No problem with a year push, but with a movement of decimal places there is a problem!
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:57:54 AM

I'd recommend you edit your post for security reasons.  Just some friendly advice.
You just quoted his entire post, how is he supposed to edit that away?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:00:50 AM

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:03:13 AM

I'd recommend you edit your post for security reasons.  Just some friendly advice.

ehehhehe - Great point. I think he meant to add "I'm not editing if you're not editing!"  Grin
billington.mark

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 11:28:22 AM

Guys,

Sad face on the charts, we all need to sell....

strawbs
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:34:00 AM

Just thought I would introduce myself, since I haven't been on this forum very long, although I have been reading it for the last several thousand posts.

I'm in Australia (but not Australian), I heard about bitcoins through traditional media back in April.  It sparked my interest but I was too busy to be able to allocate any significant time to investigating further.  I speculatively bought in at the beginning of May when price was £60 (sorry, I trade in GBP), having just missed £50.  Watched price go up to £87 at the end of May, didn't sell (regretfully) and then watched it drop to £70, at which point I cashed out.  Made a tidy profit (almost entirely by luck) but not as much as it could have been, but that's trading for you.

I'm a trader by day job (commodities, FOREX) and so I was very interested to see what was happening with bitcoin.  Some observations that I thought I'd share with you, primarily to give you an insight into the perspective of a non-mining, non-IT guy with little knowledge of bitcoin but extensive knowledge of traditional markets (and these are the probbaly the same type of guys who are currently manipulating the bitcoin value):

* bitcoin can be compared to neither commodities nor fiat currency at this stage.  It doesn't have the trading volume to be considered a currency (you can't get in and out quickly and you can't use leverage) and it doesn't have a substantial supply/demand market, nor a real 'use' (yet) to be considered comparable to a commodity
* as such, drawing any kind of line on a chart is utterly pointless, since the usual 'rules' (which are dubious in any case) certainly won't apply here.  Even more so considering that past history (pre-April, say) did not include many traders such as myself.  Now it does, so previous trends can be ignored since we now have a lot of price manipulation going on
* price movements are currently being caused entirely by speculation (or 99% at least)
* steady, sustainable price growth will only occur with a much higher volume of trades and with mass adoption
* the volatility of the price is what has attracted day/short term traders
* the illiquidity of the market is what has caused fiat to leave in recent weeks (this was my reason, it became too difficult to capitalise on price fluctuations unless they were arounf 5% due to lack of bid volume)

So, my conclusion (as unhelpful as it is) is that nobody can predict the price of bitcoin since it does not follow any traditional rules.  As such, you can dive in and then jump out again, over a period of time, with a 50/50 chance of making a gain.  Unless you have a very large holding through which you can temporarily manipulate the price.

I'm currently 100% fiat again, looking for a suitable price to buy back in (very speculatively, I'm looking at something around USD52, since I think USD50 will be a psychological trigger with mass-buy in, that will see the beginning of a steady, sustainable, non-bubbled climb)

Having said all this, the more I learn about bitcoin, the more I think that it has fantastic potential.  However, you simply can't allow emotion to influence your position.  Anyone who is trading based on the "bitcoin ideology" is, frankly, exceptionally foolish. Holding some bitcoins that you can afford to lose, in the hope that a bitcoin will be worth $1k in a few years, is fine.  Holding some bitcoins that you can't afford to lose, in the hope that a bitcoin will be worth $1k in a few years, is absurd.

I appreciate that posters get shot down for all sorts of reasons here but I'm just sharing with you what I believe, based on my experience of traditional trading.  I don't know anything about mining, bitcoin history or the current or future impact of Silk Road, and as a trader nor am I really that interested. Hope it helps and more than happy to discuss further.

And a final thing - should I make Jaroslaw my first ignoree?!
strawbs
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:35:57 AM

Yeah, I realised that straight away, doh  Roll Eyes  I'll go and edit my post too!
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:51:00 AM

Just thought I would introduce myself, since I haven't been on this forum very long, although I have been reading it for the last several thousand posts.

I'm in Australia (but not Australian), I heard about bitcoins through traditional media back in April.  It sparked my interest but I was too busy to be able to allocate any significant time to investigating further.  I speculatively bought in at the beginning of May when price was £60 (sorry, I trade in GBP), having just missed £50.  Watched price go up to £87 at the end of May, didn't sell (regretfully) and then watched it drop to £70, at which point I cashed out.  Made a tidy profit (almost entirely by luck) but not as much as it could have been, but that's trading for you.

I'm a trader by day job (commodities, FOREX) and so I was very interested to see what was happening with bitcoin.  Some observations that I thought I'd share with you, primarily to give you an insight into the perspective of a non-mining, non-IT guy with little knowledge of bitcoin but extensive knowledge of traditional markets (and these are the probbaly the same type of guys who are currently manipulating the bitcoin value):

* bitcoin can be compared to neither commodities nor fiat currency at this stage.  It doesn't have the trading volume to be considered a currency (you can't get in and out quickly and you can't use leverage) and it doesn't have a substantial supply/demand market, nor a real 'use' (yet) to be considered comparable to a commodity
* as such, drawing any kind of line on a chart is utterly pointless, since the usual 'rules' (which are dubious in any case) certainly won't apply here.  Even more so considering that past history (pre-April, say) did not include many traders such as myself.  Now it does, so previous trends can be ignored since we now have a lot of price manipulation going on
* price movements are currently being caused entirely by speculation (or 99% at least)
* steady, sustainable price growth will only occur with a much higher volume of trades and with mass adoption
* the illiquidity of the market is what has caused fiat to leave in recent weeks (this was my reason, it became too difficult to capitalise on price fluctuations unless they were arounf 5% due to lack of bid volume)

So, my conclusion (as unhelpful as it is) is that nobody can predict the price of bitcoin since it does not follow any traditional rules.  As such, you can dive in and then jump out again, over a period of time, with a 50/50 chance of making a gain.  Unless you have a very large holding through which you can temporarily manipulate the price.

I'm currently 100% fiat again, looking for a suitable price to buy back in (very speculatively, I'm looking at something around USD52, since I think USD50 will be a psychological trigger with mass-buy in, that will see the beginning of a steady, sustainable, non-bubbled climb)

Having said all this, the more I learn about bitcoin, the more I think that it has fantastic potential.  However, you simply can't allow emotion to influence your position.  Anyone who is trading based on the "bitcoin ideology" is, frankly, exceptionally foolish. Holding some bitcoins that you can afford to lose, in the hope that a bitcoin will be worth $1k in a few years, is fine.  Holding some bitcoins that you can't afford to lose, in the hope that a bitcoin will be worth $1k in a few years, is absurd.

I appreciate that posters get shot down for all sorts of reasons here but I'm just sharing with you what I believe, based on my experience of traditional trading.  I don't know anything about mining, bitcoin history or the current or future impact of Silk Road, and as a trader nor am I really that interested. Hope it helps and more than happy to discuss further.

Appreciated post and welcome. I tend to agree with most that you said. In particular we have to be careful with TA and BTC, in can turn on a dime for no reason.
Can't comment on Jaroslaw. I have never ignored a poster as I think there is occasionally truth in the false, so I don't like to filter information. Though, at times, it certainly gets tough ;-)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:00:24 PM

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:02:26 PM

Good post. Nice one.

As you have eluded to the pro trading interest currently.....what do you think is stopping a few well-backed traders, from completely owning the manipulation thats possible on the Gox order book? Would seem an interesting project from a quant's point of view, dont you think?  
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:04:17 PM

everyone just seem poised for the dive....so up up UP! (OK sidewayz for now....  Roll Eyes )

Grin
IG0BR0KE

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:05:00 PM

already 10 post and you did not ignored Jaroslaw yet? cmon  Grin welcome
KS

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:06:13 PM

@strawbs:

Welcome mate

Any specific reason you're trading in GBP? (possibly other than it's what you started with)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:09:30 PM

We are in the "early/pricing" stage of an exponentially growing (later: S-growing) phenomenon. If everything goes as it has done in several bubbles before, the great bubble will form when 1-2% of the population had adopted the technology. For Bitcoin, this means about 50 million adapters that actually use bitcoin for something. This "something" has so far been lagging, though.

Are you expecting at least one 10-fold move this year, though?
KS

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:11:12 PM

So basically sideways trading for the past 8 hours or so. Still haven't gotten confirmation of pattern I am looking at, but it seems to be going in the right direction. I'll give it another 24 hours, that's plenty of time for it to confirm.

Sellers market but no buyers. Fasten your seatbelt.

(that makes TOTAL sense! Smiley )
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:15:50 PM

Embrace Fudd
Pages: « 1 ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 [765] 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 ... 33494 »
  Print  

Jump to: