May 01, 2024, 09:47:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20299 20300 20301 20302 20303 20304 20305 20306 20307 20308 20309 20310 20311 20312 20313 20314 20315 20316 20317 20318 20319 20320 20321 20322 20323 20324 20325 20326 20327 20328 20329 20330 20331 20332 20333 20334 20335 20336 20337 20338 20339 20340 20341 20342 20343 20344 20345 20346 20347 20348 [20349] 20350 20351 20352 20353 20354 20355 20356 20357 20358 20359 20360 20361 20362 20363 20364 20365 20366 20367 20368 20369 20370 20371 20372 20373 20374 20375 20376 20377 20378 20379 20380 20381 20382 20383 20384 20385 20386 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 20397 20398 20399 ... 33313 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
4rt3m

Activity: 770
Merit: 146

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:44:12 AM

ugliest watch ever.

Meet the Urwerk UR-1001 then (~$400,000).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:52:14 AM

ugliest watch ever.

does that watch mine bitcoins? :-D haha
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:01:08 AM

...... mathematically... BLAH BLAH...

I'm not the only one who calls the cryptoscam industry where every single coin including bitcoin is designed to centralize garbage:

“it’s scammers scamming scammers all the way down.” - fluffypony

However, I believe he stole this quote from that one guy who used to have the George Costanza avatar on this thread like 6 years ago.
cofefeGandalf

Activity: 96
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:15:04 AM

ugliest watch ever.

Yes but it's mechanical, this means you need to fap a lot to sustain your hashrate.  Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:24:51 AM

Many woulda-been, coulda-been Bitcoin millionaires become bitter, anti-Bitcoin zealots.

I got into the boat in 2013, but sold all my stash in 2015 because of reasons, would be a multi-millionaire now Smiley didn't get me bitter though, that's just life.

But back I am, hopefully smarter this time, started to rebuy in Nov 2017.

Yes, there are more "normal" peeps that attempt to learn from their mistakes and to develop better strategies. It can take a long time to move away from our tendencies to repeat our mistakes, and sometimes identify areas in which we can develop better plans and to place ourselves into a better position to prepare ourselves for luck. 

You know the saying that there is no such thing as pure luck because luck is largely a product of opportunity coming from preparation?

I would not mind hearing some more of your details and plans on how you are expecting to go forward.  Hopefully, you understand that bitcoin remains the main place to emphasize your long term efforts, even while there remains ways to make short term profits from some of the alts.. perhaps?

I agree with your statements, especially with the luck one, blind luck rarely represents itself.

My plan is to accumulate bitcoin and other crypto and hodl them tight this time, no cashout plans at least inside the next 5 years. I actually was against the alts when I held bitcoin the last time, had them maybe 1-2% of my portfolio before cashing out, but there is some real money to be made there now and some of the alts have great teams and ideas aswell. The reason for cashing out was not fear of market, as I planned to hodl anyway, just had some trouble in real life and cashed out in smaller portions. I have my life and financials set up from a much better perspective now, so I think this time I don't have to go to my coins to get fiat.

I have been trading back and forth a bit since December and grown my wallet slowly too, had everything in bitcoin at some point, now the ratio is maybe 30-70 (BTC-alts), but I'm keeping an eye on the market constantly and when I see some coin is not worthy anymore, I'll convert it to bitcoin. Main idea is to accumulate bitcoin of course, trying just to grow it with the help of alts and so far it's working. Soon I start to transfer small amounts from trading to my cold storage and keep them there. So alts, for me, are to accumulate more bitcoin, though I have faith in a few projects (none of them is in top30@CMC). I'm buying around $1-1.5k worth of crypto monthly.

I'm getting most of my information relating bitcoin and its movements from this thread, have done so for the past 5 years (been inactive at some points), have been reading it without an user, though had one called "maakas" a couple of years back. And I hang around google relating bitcoin articles too. I know little of TA, but as it has shown itself wrong so many times relating bitcoin, I don't have much trust in it when making my choices. One thing is for sure, when kwukduck appears with the doomsday posts it's buy time! Smiley

Thanks for showing interest, I love this community!

Thanks for providing some of your details.  I don't necessarily agree with your goals, but I would be concerned about some of your potential distractions with alt coins and that your perception that you have decent chances to use alt coins to accumulate more BTC than if you held BTC itself. 

I probably have disclosed numerous times in this thread that my alt coins tend to be less than 5% of my total holdings, and I think now is around 2%-ish.  I do understand that some members might have perceptions like yours that it is possibly useful to keep higher allocations in alts to accumulate BTC, and I tend to be o.k. if they were to take a 20% alt strategy, but not an 70% alt strategy as you seem to be currently... but maybe if you reversed your allocation to 70% BTC, you could still find a way to make it comfortable for you, especially if you have what seems to be a minimum 5 year investment and building of your portfolio plan.

Of course, in the end, you have to find your own level of comfort, but I tend towards lessening the gambling aspects which causes me to remain in the 90% plus arena for bitcoin, and I become less and less able to relate to those strategies the more that they allocate higher level to alts, even if they end up getting lucky by playing around with shit that can implode at any moment - which is not the same as the continuing strength of the fundamentals in bitcoin.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:25:17 AM

For $884K, I'd want the watch to berate me constantly and humiliate me in front of friends. That's the only way I can think that I could justify that price tag.

I'm sensing partner issues.  

lol Tongue +merit
4rt3m

Activity: 770
Merit: 146

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:28:13 AM

ugliest watch ever.

No, but it shows when to the moon.  Cheesy
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:52:17 AM

It's definitely not a chick magnet.

And by the looks of that guy, he could use a few chick magnets. And maybe a personal trainer?

*ducks*
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:54:39 AM

For $884K, I'd want the watch to berate me constantly and humiliate me in front of friends. That's the only way I can think that I could justify that price tag.

Is FP really wearing a million dollar watch? If so why? I'm really confused.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:58:18 AM

Why are you surprised that an XMR core dev scammed millions out of all the XMR shitcoin lovers? lol
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:00:37 AM

Why are you surprised that an XMR core dev scammed millions out of all the XMR shitcoin lovers? lol

It does give one that impression...
junckmonkey

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:03:45 AM

Of course, the world has not yet seen a blockchain that has been battle-tested, that does not reward the maintainers in a native token. So there's that. What's the incentive?

Unless someone solves this problem in the realm of game theory, it is impossible.  This is one of the absolute foundational pillars for the stability of bitcoin the removal of which would create a sort of 2 legged stool.

Will there be a mass realization that blockchain without bitcoin is just a slow, shitty database? How long will this realization take?
I wonder about that, too. Most crypto people I know from meat space think some "newer, better" coin will supersede bitcoin, yet most don't know how bitcoin or any of the alts actually work.

What they also don't get is that if bitcoin was replaced by something newer, more shiny (assuming such a thing would exist), then not only would bitcoin be pointless but also the new shiny coin, and every next shiny coin down the line.

It's either bitcoin, hooks into bitcoin, or it's a parasite sucking on bitcoins success.

As data grows so does network capabilities and data communications

This was inherently known in the building of bitcoin.

Mathematically at some point the blockchain will be a see all and do all at any point in time instantly for any app based tool.

So far so good

blockchain.info

check out your wallet address balance

you gotta beat the bitcoin blockchain test base (9years, hacked to the nth degree - no success) before anything will supercede bitcoin

and the wealthy know it

The currency war continues

Flood with alt shitcoins - The new USD coin/ripple/bcash/ethereum (centralized crap)

and get peeps movin a way from the gold

Fed hacked '71
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:06:43 AM

Why? Is it not his money?

I would never buy such an expensive watch which also is particularly ugly to my -maybe not so refined- taste but.... still. Where is the scam?
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:10:30 AM

Where is the scam?

You decide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinPrivate/comments/87r0rq/bitcoin_private_attacked_by_monero_dev_fluffy_pony/

nanoderp
7 points·
1 month ago
·edited 1 month ago

Yeah well...Monero just got rumbled for having piss poor privacy. Upshot is that the decoy transactions can be traced with ease, allowing those inspecting the blockchain to pinpoint details of supposedly private transactions. Little wonder the Monero emo-dev is getting upset about BTCP. BTCP poses a significant threat to Monero because real (zk-snarks) privacy trumps the non-privacy of Monero. That is why the Monero emo-dev is spraying stupid juice everywhere

MrScrix
20 points·
1 month ago

Honestly, they are all scared. It's coming out that monero privacy is fake and monero's movement are traceable, while BTCP is not. BTCP has the best privacy tech with bitcoin name. It's gonna be the future, and everyone who didn't invest know that and spread FUD against this coin. I even have the suspect that the CMC and exchange issue are because someone doesn't want BTCP to moon.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:14:02 AM

Why? Is it not his money?

I would never buy such an expensive watch which also is particularly ugly to my taste but.... still. Where is the scam?
I agree in principle but those optics are so terrible. Even me who is one of the biggest monero supporters and free market supporters was quite taken aback. Flaunting wealth that crassly is in very poor taste. I mean at least a lambo is a real thing. A honda civic doesn't work just as well as a lambo. But a 20 dollar watch at walmart probably works better than that, it probably has more features. That's like setting a million dollars on fire in front of everyone just to show them that you can.

I mean yea you are right. It's his money and he can do what ever he want's with it. And monero isn't a shitcoin, it's the best altcoin on the market, just in terms of the tech behind it, tech that he helped to develop. But setting money on fire in front of everyone really really makes you look like a scammer.

Where is the scam?

You decide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinPrivate/comments/87r0rq/bitcoin_private_attacked_by_monero_dev_fluffy_pony/

nanoderp
7 points·
1 month ago
·edited 1 month ago

Yeah well...Monero just got rumbled for having piss poor privacy. Upshot is that the decoy transactions can be traced with ease, allowing those inspecting the blockchain to pinpoint details of supposedly private transactions. Little wonder the Monero emo-dev is getting upset about BTCP. BTCP poses a significant threat to Monero because real (zk-snarks) privacy trumps the non-privacy of Monero. That is why the Monero emo-dev is spraying stupid juice everywhere

MrScrix
20 points·
1 month ago

Honestly, they are all scared. It's coming out that monero privacy is fake and monero's movement are traceable, while BTCP is not. BTCP has the best privacy tech with bitcoin name. It's gonna be the future, and everyone who didn't invest know that and spread FUD against this coin. I even have the suspect that the CMC and exchange issue are because someone doesn't want BTCP to moon.

Wow. I didn't take you for a fudster. If the transactions are so traceable than why doesn't someone do it? I'll post the transaction id and someone tell me who it came from and who it went to, okay?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:19:01 AM

Of course, the world has not yet seen a blockchain that has been battle-tested, that does not reward the maintainers in a native token. So there's that. What's the incentive?

Unless someone solves this problem in the realm of game theory, it is impossible.  This is one of the absolute foundational pillars for the stability of bitcoin the removal of which would create a sort of 2 legged stool.

I'm curious as to how all of this is going to play out in the short-medium term.

Some questions I've been asking myself:
Will there be a mass realization that blockchain without bitcoin is just a slow, shitty database?

Sure the value of the bitcoin blockchain, versus other blockchains, remains the proof of work.  The subject matter seems complicated enough, even for smart people and even for those studying the space for a long time that the disinformation and myths are going to continue for at least a few generations, so it seems... people are not really very rational and smart, and that remains part of the reason why religion is so prevalent, and even very smart peeps, and even scientists will retain some religious compartmentalization in their viewpoints.

How long will this realization take?

There will always be some disinformation, but whether a majority becomes enlightened, that may take a really long time.

When/if this realization takes place, will it fuel Bitcoin's moonshot?

You know, as well as anyone, that BTC remains at less than 1% of world adoption, so we will likely have several boom and bust cycles in terms of BTC price before folks start to have some understandings about what bitcoin is.

Alternatively, will people become disenchanted with "blockchain" altogether, and throw the baby (bitcoin) out with the bathwater?

There could be some disenchantment cycles.  I would not put it past some influential governments to have some level of diversion and disinformation attempts that play out quasi-successfully before they finally give up, which also could take a large number of years to play out.

Will this kill off most alts?

It is likely going to take a while for the alts to die, too.  Alts seem likely to be used by some governments and/or financial institutions as attack vectors towards bitcoin, but they also seem poised for failure because none of them are going to really incorporate giving up control, which would just end up causing them to gravitate towards bitcoin and to be absorbed into bitcoin or some semblance of bitcoin.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:19:34 AM

Wow. I didn't take you for a fudster.

Well I'm not. And honestly I don't care.

But let me ask you this:

Do you really like using a tech that you have no way of verifying fully if it does what it says it does, but you simply have to trust what the devs tell you it can do?

If the 3 letter agencies have found a way to trace Monero transactions from origin to destination, you'd never know or hear about it, now would you?
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:20:07 AM

Possibly to smuggle his savings out of the South Africa level 5 chimpout:

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:30:47 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 02:42:30 AM by Anon136
Merited by Hueristic (1)

He's using the watch to smuggle his savings out of the South Africa level 5 chimpout:

That... could be true I guess. But wouldn't he just use monero?

Wow. I didn't take you for a fudster.

Well I'm not. And honestly I don't care.

But let me ask you this:

Do you really like using a tech that you have no way of verifying fully if it does what it says it does, but you simply have to trust what the devs tell you it can do?

If the 3 letter orgs have found a way to trace Monero transactions from origin to destination, you'd never know or hear about it, now would you?
It's open source code. You can verify what ever you want. If the cryptography is broken than yea we could have problems. But the cryptography is all older well vetted stuff. And it does follow that as long as the cryptography works than the network is trustworthy and trustless. But yea cryptocurrencies are not savings vehicles anyway. Too experimental, too new, too arbitrary. They are for moving value and speculating. Speculators should know and accept risks like that (the possability of cryptography being broken) and people who are moving money have the risk minimized by not being in the payment vehicle for long.

As far as the three letter agencies knowing. It reminds me of a book I read a while back called The Cryptonomicon, a large part of the book is about a cryptographer that cracked all of the Germans messages in world war 2, and had all of this info about the enemies positions and tactics, but isn't able to use 99% of it to save ally lives because that would give away the fact that the Germans cryptography had been cracked. So he's just sitting here listening knowing that this general needs to do this action with his troops inorder to win this battle, but he cant say anything and has to listen to reports of thousands of soldiers dying that he could have saved. Moral of the story, it's still worth the effort to use something like monero because they might not have cracked it, and even if they have cracked it it's still worth the effort because their unwillingness to give away the fact that they have is a measure of protection.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:58:43 AM

Looks like a better "Cryptosteel" for half the price has launched: https://1stminingrig.com/billfodl-review-ultimate-backup-for-your-seed-private-keys/

Points for the 'Billfodl' name.

P.S.: They accept payment via Lightning Network which is also great.

Cool. How many vendors is LN up to?
Pages: « 1 ... 20299 20300 20301 20302 20303 20304 20305 20306 20307 20308 20309 20310 20311 20312 20313 20314 20315 20316 20317 20318 20319 20320 20321 20322 20323 20324 20325 20326 20327 20328 20329 20330 20331 20332 20333 20334 20335 20336 20337 20338 20339 20340 20341 20342 20343 20344 20345 20346 20347 20348 [20349] 20350 20351 20352 20353 20354 20355 20356 20357 20358 20359 20360 20361 20362 20363 20364 20365 20366 20367 20368 20369 20370 20371 20372 20373 20374 20375 20376 20377 20378 20379 20380 20381 20382 20383 20384 20385 20386 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 20397 20398 20399 ... 33313 »
  Print  

Jump to: