April 26, 2024, 09:50:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20347 20348 20349 20350 20351 20352 20353 20354 20355 20356 20357 20358 20359 20360 20361 20362 20363 20364 20365 20366 20367 20368 20369 20370 20371 20372 20373 20374 20375 20376 20377 20378 20379 20380 20381 20382 20383 20384 20385 20386 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 [20397] 20398 20399 20400 20401 20402 20403 20404 20405 20406 20407 20408 20409 20410 20411 20412 20413 20414 20415 20416 20417 20418 20419 20420 20421 20422 20423 20424 20425 20426 20427 20428 20429 20430 20431 20432 20433 20434 20435 20436 20437 20438 20439 20440 20441 20442 20443 20444 20445 20446 20447 ... 33303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368382 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:34:47 PM

Proof that the ICO lunacy is going to a whole new level of stupid.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/25/crypto-stunt-on-mount-everest-turns-deadly/

If only the Darwin award had gone to those ICO guys instead of their poor Sherpa.  Roll Eyes
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:41:49 PM

It looks like it tested going into the 7200s and rejected and is now going back into mid 7300s

Edit: Nevermind

You are setting yourself up for failure, if you are trying to make calls on such short time horizons.   Tongue
I know I should even take the nevermind out now lol.

Sometimes we see a bit of DOWN, for example, and then we see a bit more of DOWN and then a bit more of DOWN, and it could take bearwhales several days to eat away at the support and really cause the price to go DOWN.  The same thing can happen when going UP with the eating away at resistance....   As regular peeps, we cannot always know how much reserves that some of the whales might have and how many exchanges that they might have their coins to work their "magic."

So, yeah, I also prefer BTC prices to go UP, yet even the BIG and small upward BTC price surges can end up serving as a bull trap if there is not enough ongoing buying support keeping the price going in the upward direction.

We can remain hopeful that BTC prices could go shooting up because in the past couple years (2016 and 2017), we experienced decent price surges during memorial day, but really, I don't subscribe to that "seasonal" price prediction bullshit since in the end, any of us could get caught into some kind of false lull to expect seasonal bitcoin price performance when BTC is NOT a seasonal product - in spite of some HODLers seeming to wish or project such characteristics onto bitcoin.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:53:41 PM

Wow, that spike must have really pissed off some bear whale. Like a mother bear defending her baby bitmex short.

It's probably the moron scammers who operate Bitfinex.  The largest trading entity on Bitfinex who has controlled the entire market singlehandedly since the price was $200 bought TONS of coins at $9k trying to prop up the market in the original crash and it seemed like they've been trying to whipsaw the market up and down to try and attract some type of momentum traders idiots to dump their bags on.

You don't think DCG, the Winklevoss twins, Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, etc etc etc have anything to do with it? Surely Spoofy and its bag of magic Tether tokens can't be the only one painting the tape.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 12:03:41 AM

YAY!!! Nice!!!

Finally!!! This stopped dragging... We gonna have 20k by July/August!!! Cheesy Cheesy

This makes me very happy! Smiley
Honestly I'm just happy it isn't running away $7300 is in the weird 7200- 7600 we've been at the last few days.

We need a huge f^cking dip to get over 10k faster... Smiley

The sooner 5-6k comes... the better! Smiley

3k would be better.. but I don't think it will happen fast enough.

I still believe we are in a long bear market. That has to play itself out fully before a meaningful rise can resume.

I really hope I am wrong : I stated the same about 2 months ago and am wishing for something to change my mind.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 12:11:22 AM

I think when you have a unregulated market where the price is going up rapidly from 6K to 19K, there is bound to be some price manipulation going on there as well from big whales / investors behind the scene.  

That is a good way of looking at it.

The last phase of the rise only started at the end of Sep, after the Dimon Dip, going from ~3k to 19k in 3 months. The main driver could have been anticipation of CME/CBOT futures.

If you pretend it never happened, then a 3k floor doesn't look so bad.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:13:31 AM

YAY!!! Nice!!!

Finally!!! This stopped dragging... We gonna have 20k by July/August!!! Cheesy Cheesy

Honestly I'm just happy it isn't running away $7300 is in the weird 7200- 7600 we've been at the last few days.

I still believe we are in a long bear market. That has to play itself out fully before a meaningful rise can resume.

I really hope I am wrong : I stated the same about 2 months ago and am wishing for something to change my mind.

yeah...that 'looming' mt. gox trustee is gonn snap like a dry twig and sell it all ...1.4 billion in usd worth of BTC...just a matter of time....they need to liguidate high to get their $$$ so it is getting

weird enough that IMHO the gox trustee and those involved could just go 'frack it' it is not my money...and dump....people get less in mt gox payout but then again the mt gox trustees and those

involved get paid at say between 5k and 7k coin.....vs the price they dump it to...2k to 3k coin

almost wonder if that would not be better, at least we'd have a reason, besides the 'supposed' manipulation of the BTC price conspiracy theroies (that may be right ...just sick of them) for a major

price dump of this size...right now it is like a hole in a boat ..sinking..and can't figure out why....(manipulators filling the boat up w/o me noticing perhaps?)

anyway, as long as mt. gox hangs over us...and all this FUD keeps slam'ing the price down on top of such....it is gonna be ugly and stay ugly indeed...as you say for quite a bit

i to hope I'm wrong and everything resolves itself in the proper manner....but everyone I know is pretty much befuddled by all this downturn with the 'good news' out their so it is either the sword

of mt. gox hanging over everyone..or major players are playing games with the price (as sec is investigating) ....pick a camp i guess to guess at.....

(witches ..me thinks it is witches...)

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:18:13 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Wow, that spike must have really pissed off some bear whale. Like a mother bear defending her baby bitmex short.

It's probably the moron scammers who operate Bitfinex.  The largest trading entity on Bitfinex who has controlled the entire market singlehandedly since the price was $200 bought TONS of coins at $9k trying to prop up the market in the original crash and it seemed like they've been trying to whipsaw the market up and down to try and attract some type of momentum traders idiots to dump their bags on.

You don't think DCG, the Winklevoss twins, Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, etc etc etc have anything to do with it? Surely Spoofy and its bag of magic Tether tokens can't be the only one painting the tape.
I don't think the Winklevoss twins do, they have far too much to lose being the big US regulated exchange. They have tight workings with the regulators and getting caught would kill them, they make their riches off the fees.

So you believe that the twins just sit on their 100000 + BTC and don't try to move the market one way or the other, on occasion? Surely there are legal things one can do with such wealth to prod the market one way or the other, especially in this thin market. I know that if I had that much skin in this game, I wouldn't let Spoofy bot call all of the shots.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:22:05 AM

If only the Darwin award had gone to those ICO guys instead of their poor Sherpa.  Roll Eyes
Fucking shitcoins and their scamming creators, they're all a pain. An altcoin doesn't have to be bad, no ico, no premine, no bullshit and decent features and it doesn't hurt us.

How they going to make money if there is not some scam or scheme?  Haven't you heard of vulture capitalism?  It is a form of taking something (such as building off of the good will of bitcoin), and then selling off the profits of the previous efforts without paying for those previous efforts.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:31:25 AM

YAY!!! Nice!!!

You might be correct, but one of the problems with your whole argument, is that you stated the same about 5 months ago, right at the beginning of the price correction (in other words, a problem with your analysis is that you presume too far into the future, even though you could end up being right, but such rightness is not because you saw the future..... hahahahahaha).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:38:44 AM

Fucking shitcoins and their scamming creators, they're all a pain. An altcoin doesn't have to be bad, no ico, no premine, no bullshit and decent features and it doesn't hurt us.

How they going to make money if their is not some scam or scheme?  Haven't you heard of vulture capitalism?  It is a form of taking something (such as building off of the good will of bitcoin), and then selling off the profits of the previous efforts without paying for those previous efforts.
yeah it's fucked and most shitcoins are fucked up and just a means for the devs to get paid. Regardless this price spike down is painful, it was quiet earlier and now double spikes in like an hour.

Well, yeah.

Part of the problem is that they all come out with ICO's because they are looking at short term ways to "get paid," perhaps they even leave bitcoin because they want to "get paid," and they are not happy in itself being involved in the greatness of bitcoin... so they make their own coin in which they can get paid... hahahahaha.. might work for some of them to scam the peeps, rather than really working on a meaningful project.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:50:06 AM

How they going to make money if their is not some scam or scheme?  Haven't you heard of vulture capitalism?  It is a form of taking something (such as building off of the good will of bitcoin), and then selling off the profits of the previous efforts without paying for those previous efforts.
yeah it's fucked and most shitcoins are fucked up and just a means for the devs to get paid. Regardless this price spike down is painful, it was quiet earlier and now double spikes in like an hour.

Well, yeah.

Part of the problem is that they all come out with ICO's because they are looking at short term ways to "get paid," perhaps they even leave bitcoin because they want to "get paid," and they are not happy in itself being involved in the greatness of bitcoin... so they make their own coin in which they can get paid... hahahahaha.. might work for some of them to scam the peeps, rather than really working on a meaningful project.
Honestly I have an idea for an altcoin but the current spread of them are so horrendous I just don't even want to get into the development, the true reason for Altcoins are to be experiments that if good enough Bitcoin adapts and takes.

Those kind of consciousness feelings should not stop you from wanting to get rich, right? 

What is the most important thing?  Getting rich, right?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:50:12 AM

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3509

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:53:18 AM

so we are only at "suck level 3"? it can get worse?

bleh

at least the dial doesnt go to "11"
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:08:03 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (2)

Point is the bulls were very rude to me and others for not playing along with the moon arrows when we were at 10K, and since I have not yet recieved any letters of apology I suppose they are blaming us for this drop as well.  I used to see in stock forums the bulls were always blaming bears for ruining their pump and compromising the float lockdown or whatever. I thought it was ridiculous.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3509

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:08:26 AM

at least the dial doesnt go to "11"

SWEET!

now we are prepared for serious doom and destruction. none of this wishy washy half baked stuff.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:08:29 AM

Well, yeah.

Honestly I have an idea for an altcoin but the current spread of them are so horrendous I just don't even want to get into the development, the true reason for Altcoins are to be experiments that if good enough Bitcoin adapts and takes.

Those kind of consciousness feelings should not stop you from wanting to get rich, right? 

What is the most important thing?  Getting rich, right?
You joke but many think so, we have a bad mindset in those willing to take risk in investments. We're trying to make a profit yes, but also we should focus on trying to make the world a better place and never damn the latter for the profit.

Yes... .. might seem like joke, but each of us has to find our motivations from the inside to figure out our direction.  What is more valuable to our personhood?  Getting rich fast or getting rich slow?  Each of us are going to come to conclusions that are tailored to our own upbringing and values...... which surely causes the world to go around with variations of perspectives.  There might be some altcoiners who have decent perspectives yet sometimes if they become rich too quickly, then that richness might cause them NOT to carry out their original project that they had said they were going to do, when they ICO'd... and yeah others, had no intention to carry out any project, but instead were just trying to attract money to their pie in the sky white paper.
Dakustaking76

Activity: 579
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:09:02 AM

Damn if were gonne drop lower then €6k then Lets go!
Its taking to long, bitcoin died many times now..
Its time to go up man its boring like this

How long Will iT take like this, we go up and down up and down
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:24:15 AM

Damn if were gonne drop lower then €6k then Lets go!
Its taking to long, bitcoin died many times now..
Its time to go up man its boring like this

How long Will iT take like this, we go up and down up and down

I may take a while. The bear market of 2014/2015 took over a year of heartbreak. Who knows when we will get out of this cycle. Could be tomorrow, could be 2020 or later.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:34:47 AM
Merited by bones261 (1)

I don't think i will be that late. Adoption, LN progress... that's real value.
And then there's the halfening. Not that late, definitely.

EDIT Seems like the three of us - Dakustaking, bones and myself - have a problem wih our T's.
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:40:48 AM
Merited by jojo69 (1), infofront (1), bitserve (1)

Pages: « 1 ... 20347 20348 20349 20350 20351 20352 20353 20354 20355 20356 20357 20358 20359 20360 20361 20362 20363 20364 20365 20366 20367 20368 20369 20370 20371 20372 20373 20374 20375 20376 20377 20378 20379 20380 20381 20382 20383 20384 20385 20386 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 [20397] 20398 20399 20400 20401 20402 20403 20404 20405 20406 20407 20408 20409 20410 20411 20412 20413 20414 20415 20416 20417 20418 20419 20420 20421 20422 20423 20424 20425 20426 20427 20428 20429 20430 20431 20432 20433 20434 20435 20436 20437 20438 20439 20440 20441 20442 20443 20444 20445 20446 20447 ... 33303 »
  Print  

Jump to: