April 26, 2024, 01:08:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 3774 3775 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 3787 3788 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 [3824] 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368166 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:45:53 PM

Sold 20% of my holdings @845, got a feeling all this uncertainty will send us down soon.

Is that why you were uncertain about how much to sell?  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:47:33 PM

No offense to India, but I have a handful of friends that live there and I have been told that majority of that country is very poor with a small middle class and a handful of the wealthy.  I don't think the majority would put to much into bitcoins.
The Bitcoin Foundation

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:48:52 PM

http://s17.postimg.org/3kbtbnwkv/Screenshot_4.png

If you sell here do not lose sleep of being left behind

I encourage anyone to look at the weekly chart. I have looked at ever bubble pop / crash / bounce since the beginning and have noticed that anyone you sells above the 7 week moving average post bubble pop bounce CAN REBUY THEIR POSITION for less that they sold for if not substantially less at a later time. Look at the chart yourself. If you sell here don't lose sleep that the train will take off without you.

Now if you sold below the blue line it may be a different story. But it should put alot of ease to people thinking about closing their position (with intention to re-open) currently.

I was just using that as an example you can go back since BTC = $1 and come to the same conclusion

Maybe you can.  I just looked and in my opinion it is not a signal worth risking money on.  My conclusion is that you are seeing what you want to see.  Trading using a single indicator is one of the shortest paths to an empty trading account.

Im speaking to the buy and hold crowd,. You know the ones who don't want to day trade but still want to increase their BTC stack. We just ran up from 100 to 1200! how can anyone possibly have an empty bank account by selling now at $950? with the intention to buy back 20% cheaper ? Again read what I wrote. Historyically speaking anyone who did this could have rebought their position NO MATTER WHAT at a cheaper price at a far later time.

Meaning, after a POP the train does not take off again without a a few months decline

Unless of course you think 1200 to 400 was just one big bear trap in which case we should be shooting up past ATH by now

If you are speaking to the "buy and hold crowd" and not traders, then you're wasting your breath by recommending a sale.  They are, after all, the "buy and hold crowd".  Sure, historically speaking it has worked out, but futuristically speaking, you should have dramatically less certainty, especially given the extremely limited data set you are drawing your conclusions from.

Look at what happends AFTER a crash. it NEVER just shoots up to continue on to new ATHs. It has to test support levels and allow time to rethink or sell before any confidence can be restored and more panic buying can resume.

I've been here since before $1.  You're not going to convince me by telling me to look at the charts.  I saw them as they happened.  If you want to gamble, be my guest.  But if you advertise it as a sure thing, I will call you out.

Lets revisit this and see who is right . To qoute me Selling now at $950  with re-buy set at $760 (-20%)

Meaning even though Im bullish I recognize $760 WILL be revisited before going back up. Increasing my BTC holding 20%, Lets revisit this in a Month (if not sooner) and see how it plays out shall we.

granathus

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:51:56 PM

Sold 20% of my holdings @845, got a feeling all this uncertainty will send us down soon.

Is that why you were uncertain about how much to sell?  Wink

I am never certain about anything, I follow my intuition and my heart. This will certainly be my downfall Wink
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:53:01 PM

I encourage anyone to look at the weekly chart. I have looked at ever bubble pop / crash / bounce since the beginning and have noticed that anyone you sells above the 7 week moving average post bubble pop bounce CAN REBUY THEIR POSITION for less that they sold for if not substantially less at a later time. Look at the chart yourself. If you sell here don't lose sleep that the train will take off without you.

Now if you sold below the blue line it may be a different story. But it should put alot of ease to people thinking about closing their position (with intention to re-open) currently.

I was just using that as an example you can go back since BTC = $1 and come to the same conclusion

Maybe you can.  I just looked and in my opinion it is not a signal worth risking money on.  My conclusion is that you are seeing what you want to see.  Trading using a single indicator is one of the shortest paths to an empty trading account.

Im speaking to the buy and hold crowd,. You know the ones who don't want to day trade but still want to increase their BTC stack. We just ran up from 100 to 1200! how can anyone possibly have an empty bank account by selling now at $950? with the intention to buy back 20% cheaper ? Again read what I wrote. Historyically speaking anyone who did this could have rebought their position NO MATTER WHAT at a cheaper price at a far later time.

Meaning, after a POP the train does not take off again without a a few months decline

Unless of course you think 1200 to 400 was just one big bear trap in which case we should be shooting up past ATH by now

If you are speaking to the "buy and hold crowd" and not traders, then you're wasting your breath by recommending a sale.  They are, after all, the "buy and hold crowd".  Sure, historically speaking it has worked out, but futuristically speaking, you should have dramatically less certainty, especially given the extremely limited data set you are drawing your conclusions from.

Look at what happends AFTER a crash. it NEVER just shoots up to continue on to new ATHs. It has to test support levels and allow time to rethink or sell before any confidence can be restored and more panic buying can resume.

I've been here since before $1.  You're not going to convince me by telling me to look at the charts.  I saw them as they happened.  If you want to gamble, be my guest.  But if you advertise it as a sure thing, I will call you out.

Lets revisit this and see who is right . To qoute me Selling now at $950  with re-buy set at $760 (-20%)

Meaning even though Im bullish I recognize $760 WILL be revisited before going back up. Increasing my BTC holding 20%, Lets revisit this in a Month (if not sooner) and see how it plays out shall we.

I'm not disagreeing that it might go down.  I'm disagreeing that it will go down with 100% certainty.  Giving it a month won't prove anything about my position no matter what happens.
donut

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:55:43 PM

Maybe you can.  I just looked and in my opinion it is not a signal worth risking money on.  My conclusion is that you are seeing what you want to see.  Trading using a single indicator is one of the shortest paths to an empty trading account.

If you are speaking to the "buy and hold crowd" and not traders, then you're wasting your breath by recommending a sale.  They are, after all, the "buy and hold crowd".  Sure, historically speaking it has worked out, but futuristically speaking, you should have dramatically less certainty, especially given the extremely limited data set you are drawing your conclusions from.

I've been here since before $1.  You're not going to convince me by telling me to look at the charts.  I saw them as they happened.  If you want to gamble, be my guest.  But if you advertise it as a sure thing, I will call you out.

Lets revisit this and see who is right . To qoute me Selling now at $950  with re-buy set at $760 (-20%)

I'm not disagreeing that it might go down.  I'm disagreeing that it will go down with 100% certainty.  Giving it a month won't prove anything about my position no matter what happens.

Please design a scenario in which your position will be proven false.
knarzo

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:56:44 PM

No offense to India, but I have a handful of friends that live there and I have been told that majority of that country is very poor with a small middle class and a handful of the wealthy.  I don't think the majority would put to much into bitcoins.

Does it matter if they put "much" in? x% growth per month would even encourage poor people to buy Bitcoin. And the chance of getting rewarded is higher than to buy a lottery ticket or am i missing something?
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:58:36 PM

Maybe you can.  I just looked and in my opinion it is not a signal worth risking money on.  My conclusion is that you are seeing what you want to see.  Trading using a single indicator is one of the shortest paths to an empty trading account.

If you are speaking to the "buy and hold crowd" and not traders, then you're wasting your breath by recommending a sale.  They are, after all, the "buy and hold crowd".  Sure, historically speaking it has worked out, but futuristically speaking, you should have dramatically less certainty, especially given the extremely limited data set you are drawing your conclusions from.

I've been here since before $1.  You're not going to convince me by telling me to look at the charts.  I saw them as they happened.  If you want to gamble, be my guest.  But if you advertise it as a sure thing, I will call you out.

Lets revisit this and see who is right . To qoute me Selling now at $950  with re-buy set at $760 (-20%)

I'm not disagreeing that it might go down.  I'm disagreeing that it will go down with 100% certainty.  Giving it a month won't prove anything about my position no matter what happens.

Please design a scenario in which your position will be proven false.

My position is that nobody can predict the future with 100% certainty.  If you disagree, you need to prove that someone can predict the future with 100% certainty.  Good luck.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:02:46 PM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:02:46 PM

Explanation
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 07:06:00 PM

this just in 400BTC wall at virtex is being eaten!

this is a really big wall for virtex...

wall down! wall down!

GO GO GO!

Cheesy

edit: actually the wall was half eaten and then moved to 920$
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:06:16 PM

SOON  Grin

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:07:30 PM

wall down! wall down!

GO GO GO!

Cheesy

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 07:09:51 PM

SOON  Grin

*img*

thats nasty what happened he jumped because bitcoin.

lol
Chancellor

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:15:27 PM

kinda glad I sodled, looks like we're going to be going down soon
My selling level is 853. If it won't happen this time, I hold.
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:16:32 PM

wall down! wall down!

GO GO GO!

Cheesy

yessir was about to point that edit out..

http://rare.us/story/overstock-com-ceo-attacks-krugman-hopefully-bitcoin-will-destroy-central-banking/ listen to this.. it made my fucking day.. lol just absolute gold

edit: Adam did you see the bit on cp24 bit the atm and coinkite, well I guess you need to be in Toronto for that. Perhaps thats why we have a mid day rally on cavirtex lol
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 07:25:26 PM

wall down! wall down!

GO GO GO!

Cheesy

http://rare.us/story/overstock-com-ceo-attacks-krugman-hopefully-bitcoin-will-destroy-central-banking/ listen to this.. it made my fucking day.. lol just absolute gold

edit: Adam did you see the bit on cp24 bit the atm and coinkite, well I guess you need to be in Toronto for that. Perhaps thats why we have a mid day rally on cavirtex lol

no i didn't see that

http://rare.us/story/overstock-com-ceo-attacks-krugman-hopefully-bitcoin-will-destroy-central-banking/

good video.

virtex is seriously melting up
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:33:14 PM

wall down! wall down!

GO GO GO!

Cheesy

no i didn't see that

http://rare.us/story/overstock-com-ceo-attacks-krugman-hopefully-bitcoin-will-destroy-central-banking/

good video.

virtex is seriously melting up

http://blog.coinkite.com/post/73407192238/bitcoin-atm-and-coinkite-on-citynews

melt up up up and to mars. lol
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:35:41 PM

Looks like to me we are in a pretty obvious consolidation with higher lows and lower highs.  

I would not be surprised if this triangle didn't play out until the end of the month. Seems like traders are controlling the market right now. I kinda expect a boring market over the next two weeks barring news.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 07:36:53 PM

India may not have alot of wealth, but the people there cherish gold. Even the poorest people in India keep gold in their hands. The fact that Bitcoin has so many gold-like properties is my reason why I think Bitcoin would do great in India. Although the Indian government might not like it.

Pages: « 1 ... 3774 3775 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 3787 3788 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 [3824] 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: