May 05, 2024, 10:44:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24271 24272 24273 24274 24275 24276 24277 24278 24279 24280 24281 24282 24283 24284 24285 24286 24287 24288 24289 24290 24291 24292 24293 24294 24295 24296 24297 24298 24299 24300 24301 24302 24303 24304 24305 24306 24307 24308 24309 24310 24311 24312 24313 24314 24315 24316 24317 24318 24319 24320 [24321] 24322 24323 24324 24325 24326 24327 24328 24329 24330 24331 24332 24333 24334 24335 24336 24337 24338 24339 24340 24341 24342 24343 24344 24345 24346 24347 24348 24349 24350 24351 24352 24353 24354 24355 24356 24357 24358 24359 24360 24361 24362 24363 24364 24365 24366 24367 24368 24369 24370 24371 ... 33325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372578 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:08:13 AM

You might give a shit if the Fed rules Bitcoin Core must incorporate compulsory AML.  

Of course it will happen. Whether they were intended to be that way or not in their initial creation, digital shitcoins are designed from the ground up to be a govt surveillance and control grid.  There is no way it won't happen because transaction validators are designed to centralize and the govt can then come in and force whatever regulation they want on those enormous surface attack vector ASIC warehouses.  This is why only complete idiots support designed to centralize digital shitcoins over physical metals.

You can think of Bitcoin as the 3/4th released version of the permissioned ledger, global, digital slavery system and the last 1/4th that hasn't been released yet is simply a chain anchor wrapper that wraps around the current protocol:

https://petertodd.org/2016/mit-chainanchor-bribing-miners-to-regulate-bitcoin

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/the-real-story-behind-the-mit-chainanchor-project-for-bitcoin-1462288281

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:21:30 AM

Great, I gave Roach an idea
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:35:09 AM

An interesting graph of a strange correlation between the drop in btc dominance in 2017 and searches in google:
https://www.docdroid.net/dg7lL8W/bitcoin-stealth-phase.pdf#page=4

Data suggest Bitcoin will continue to lead the current cryptocurrency industry bull market. When
more public interest starts to pick up, it may be optional to diverse [divest] Bitcoin profits into other cryptocurrencies.

Very debatable (at least).
I am also curious on whether we would peak somewhere between now and 70ies OR go all the way to 90-95% in dominance.
The major alt is faltering both economically and ideologically.
In fact, VB recently proposed a strange hybrid of eth with "the fork".
My conclusion: eth chain is blowing up in size and there are still years to go before they might even approach a solution.
The size is already not manageable for a full node/regular user.

Conclusion: the time to divest into current alts is probably never, but i don't dismiss beyond the horizon newcomers yet.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:46:35 AM

I am also curious on whether we would peak somewhere between now and 70ies OR go all the way to 90-95% in dominance.

That's a retard variable.  A new digital craptocurrency is created every second and you can prop up a billion dollar market cap coin by having a buy side of....$1.  So it's an illiquid asset, but will still cause Bitcoin "market dominance" to decrease.  Not that Bitcoin is that liquid of an "asset" either.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7974

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2019, 04:11:15 AM

Stop deleting my Posts i am not the kind to obey yes?

Does not matter if you obey or not..

Your days (or hours) are numbered..

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He's had 3 accounts banned now. 4 more and he'll catch up to anonymint. The total WO posts deleted has crossed the 100 mark, but I can't remember if that includes or excludes this guy's posts... They could be being auto-deleted as his accounts are nuked.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 04:22:54 AM

I think the "Cryptocurrencies pose a national security issue" should be noted here.

The very first article in Thailand that came out about me and the seastead was just a jumbled mess of quoting 3 different news stories about the seastead but they made sure to throw into a random sentence "threat to national security". It made no sense and was counter to the rest of the article but we knew at that point that it was the military telling them to add that in. We knew that they were setting the stage for how the narrative would play out.

Our initial response was to try to hit back with our own PR before the narrative was set but the next day a more bold article came out with a clear message of us being a "threat". That's when we bugged out.

Fortunately for Bitcoin it does not need to flee a crazed military bent on extortion. But I can see it as setting the stage for a narrative of crypto being dangerous and a threat to America (and thus, the world). Then cue the nationalists who will "save America" from this "threat" without even considering if the threat is real or not. They will follow the narrative due to their "love of country".

Correct, translates "gloves are off".
Negotiation

Activity: 1050
Merit: 262

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2019, 04:30:23 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He's had 3 accounts banned now. 4 more and he'll catch up to anonymint. The total WO posts deleted has crossed the 100 mark, but I can't remember if that includes or excludes this guy's posts... They could be being auto-deleted as his accounts are nuked.

He is finding a kind of joy in disturbing others He is basically doing this for emotional tranquillity 3 account Does not matte  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 04:34:38 AM

You don’t sound like James Bond to me

W0ah, someone showed me a box of 007 movie posters today.

Never seen even one before, then I get home and read this. :weird
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 04:45:36 AM

You connect the destiny of BITCOIN with something that will never happen. You give an important place to uncertainty in the path of BITCOIN. You should stop this lie ETF, final rejection statement can flatten the price of BITCOIN.
I think the ETF is just an argument for selling which creates doubts and a questioning of what is said about BITCOIN.

"Cryptocurrencies pose a national security issue" because facebook tried to make a cryptocurency. For the moment, it is only words. But if ..........
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 04:59:33 AM

I think the "Cryptocurrencies pose a national security issue" should be noted here.

Digital shitcoins are a national security issue, but not for any of the reasons you suggest.  They're a national security issue because they're complex, Rube Goldberg machines that very few people are capable of objectively quantifying. So you have an asymmetric distribution of knowledge on the subject with a handful of people preaching from a mountain top telling dumber people who can't quantify them whether they should buy them or not.  But most of the people pretending to be capable of quantifying them are simply scammers trying to pump and dump shill them for personal gain.

Let's say I'm correct that it's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency and they're all scams because transaction validators are always designed to centralize, and with tokens being non-fungible, makes it a permissioned ledger.  If you have citizens buying billions of dollars of the stuff under the guise that it's "decentralized" but it's really not, only 'distributed', and only having an illusion of value from temporary regulatory arbitrage, then your citizens are creating a massive dotcom bubble scam to help blow up the economy when the pump and dump inevitably unwinds from having zero fundamentals.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 05:01:07 AM

An interesting graph of a strange correlation between the drop in btc dominance in 2017 and searches in google:
https://www.docdroid.net/dg7lL8W/bitcoin-stealth-phase.pdf#page=4

Data suggest Bitcoin will continue to lead the current cryptocurrency industry bull market. When
more public interest starts to pick up, it may be optional to diverse [divest] Bitcoin profits into other cryptocurrencies.

Very debatable (at least).
The major alt is faltering both economically and ideologically.
In fact, VB recently proposed a strange hybrid of eth with "the fork".
My conclusion: eth chain is blowing up in size and there are still years to go before they might even approach a solution.
The size is already not manageable for a full node/regular user.

Conclusion: the time to divest into current alts is probably never, but i don't dismiss beyond the horizon newcomers yet.

On another side note that is more about BTC specifically, Biodom, when we were in the $10k-ish prices, weren't you waiting to buy more BTC in the $6.6k to $9k arena? So perhaps you put off buying some BTC on that particular price swing?  How's that portion of your plan that speculates waiting for lower lows playing out?

Of course, you could have sold some BTC in this price arena or even closer to $11k, if you thought that you might be able to profit  a bit more from your thoughts about holding off buying until below $9k-ish.

Of course, I am not much for holding off buying, even though sometimes I could have profitted a lot more (while taking some risk when holding off buying, which just does not fit into my personal ongoing system...

In other words, on a personal note, in this particular mini-cycle, in following my somewhat robotic system, I did sell a few small amounts of BTC between $12k and $13k and then began buying back with those proceeds starting in the upper $11ks all the way down to $10k (sure, some of the buys in the lower $10ks were from earlier sales that i had made in our previous cycle that were in the lower $11ks-ish), so then on the way back up, just today (a few hours ago) my BTC sell orders began to trigger again in the upper $10ks, but barely any size to them, so if the BTC price goes back down, then my BTC buy orders begin to trigger, again, in the lower $10ks.. and then of course, they go all the way down to $3k-ish.. in relatively small intervals.. part of the reason for the small intervals between buys is that I am kind of chicken shit about predicting prices, and I don't really expect the BTC price to go below $7k, and I have hardly even a clue if we are going to return to 4 digit BTC, or even at what point we will reverse towards going back UP, again..

So my seemingly robotic system does tend to cause a decent amount of stacking sats, even though I had attempted to set my swings somewhat larger in recent times, and even the price gap between buys and sells tends to be in the $1k-ish territory, yet recently, since BTC price have become somewhat more intensified, that intensification has been causing my swings to be triggered on both sides with a decent amount more frequency, which ultimately causes me to stack a decent amount of sats along the way, so that by the time we return to $20k, assuming that we do, I would likely have a decent amount more sats than I did the first time around..  

I will admit some failing in my own financial planning, this time around, regarding some expenses that I had in late 2018, so in my case, when we return to $20k, I will likely not have humongous amounts more BTC because I had not been able to totally keep my BTC funds preserved from some cashing out that I had to do based on a large expense that I had to pay in the end of 2018.

Sure, I kind of feel like a kind of stupid ass about what kind of timing that always ends up being, because I had received some pretty damned large bills in late 2018.. which then caused some cash flow issues because we know what happened in mid-November.. and I perhaps should stop picking on Searing regarding his own expenses matter which seemed to be something that he knew about a bit before me and out of his fear of having had sold NO BTC between $3k and $20k.  Me, on the other hand, I had sold small amounts of BTC all the way up to $20k, so my problem mainly came from NOT saving more BTC for my particular (a bit different) expense that came at the end of the year that I kind of anticipated would come around then, even though some of my whole matter of having the BIGASS expense come due at such a bad time, did kind of play out similar to Searing's situation in that kind of regard..

So when we return to $20k this time around (again assuming that we do so), it looks that my projected BTC amounts are going to kind of end up flatter than I had anticipated - and perhaps I blame another part of my flat upon my keeping too many BTC (and cash) on WEX, which seems to have risen to a kind of total write-off that I had to pretty much concede during this cycle (such concession likely came in early to mid-2018 when it began to appear to be about no chance  in hell that WEX account holders were going to receive any of their BTC back.. which seems to be the current status of those lost coins)  

So, gosh, humble pie might have to make some concessions that projections are looking like that I will likely be flat, by the time we return to $20k again this time, and perhaps on some of the volatility between now and $20k, I might be able to add on a few percentages to the plus side, perhaps?   I  would expect that Searing will be around 3% to 8% down,  in part because he does not play the ups and the downs,  but he may likely be shaving off some of his profits (which is not necessarily a bad thing to do when a person has a fixed income after retirement) on the way to $20k, which could cause him  to be greater than 10% down.  

Sure, Searing seems to have a few years on me, or at least he might be more ready than me to start to enter the early liquidation stages of his BTC holdings, and I am not far behind, though maybe I am kind of anticipating that my maintenance will likely be attempted to be preserved for a few more years, even though I am kind of thinking of some relatively BIG expenses in the relatively near-term future that could end up continuing to affect my cashflow too and maybe even cause me to engage in more shaving off of BTC than I had previously considered to be prudent.  I am largely doing this because of my own bordering on elderly status, too, while considering that such measures would not have been prudent, if I had been a much younger investor into BTC and I could have deferred more of my gratification under a younger scenario.

Here's a little bit of the fantasy portion of my post, which is that I am still thinking that if if BTC prices go shooting up beyond $50k, let's say, and we know that BTC could become more upwardly wild from there in terms of price potential, I am still likely going to have to consider about ways to not just shave off BTC price appreciation, but also to make some reasonable and meaningful attempts at shaving off BTC principle too because it just does not seem practical to attempt to carry too much principle into years in which such a BTC stash quantity would end up getting passed down (to possibly undeserving folks)  rather than attempted to be used by yours truly.... and I am not talking about taking any dumb ass measures to give away BTC to scammers, either.. which as soon as some scammers, including the gas mask child, get their erections over possibly taking some BTCs from some of the HODLers who might be looking for productive avenues for their BTC, but the vast majority of us are not so stupid NOR desperate to want to give our BTC to children in gas masks.. so maybe I should not even mentioned that as even being a possible route for potentially excessive BTC quantities that could come mostly based on BTC price appreciation that goes into price territories that are much beyond reasonable expectations...

For example, someone like me, who had frequently been preparing for worse case scenarios in which BTC might only appreciate average returns, such as 6% to 12% per year rather than playing out with averages that amount to 50% to 200% per year.  Sure, depending on how these price points are calculated (and yeah, I know jbreher had gotten on my case about my way of calculating, but who gives a shit about different calculation methods?).. So even though my calculation might not be very accurate, let's just say that we forget the fuck about compounding, but instead take the whole period of about 6 years, and say that my portfolio is about 12x in profits, after 6 years of investment.  Even though it is not accurate, I could still divide that 12x by 6 and without incorporating compounding to assert that on average I have made 200% each year rather than my more conservative anticipated estimate of averaging 6% to 12% each of those years...   .. so either way, the result is much richer than fuck than what had been anticipated... and instead of being 12x in profits with current prices, if BTC does another 10x or even more than we are talking 100x or some other pie in the sky numbers like those that are kind of beyond wildest dreams and the nueva rich have to figure out ways to really act like meaningful rich rather than NOT fitting into such a rich lifestyle.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 05:18:00 AM

... but more likely jbreher ...

What The Fuck -- exactly -- are you insinuating, you yammering diarrhea-mouth?

y u  gett so worked up bout lil ting-il-lieees?

Jeez, jbearbreher!!  

Well, if'n you're going to cast aspersions, you oughta be truthful, and ready to back up your gross invective. Anything less would be uncivilized.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2019, 05:18:10 AM
Merited by nutildah (1)

The “Noinput Class”: How a Bitcoin Soft Fork Could Simplify Lightning

A small group of Bitcoin and Lightning developers is working on a new class of “sighash flags,” with names like SIGHASH_NOINPUT (“Noinput”), SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUT (“Anyprevout”) and SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUTANYSCRIPT (“Anyprevoutanyscript”). One or several of these could see deployment as a soft fork protocol upgrade in the not-too-distant future to help streamline the Lightning user experience in two big ways.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/noinput-class-bitcoin-soft-fork-simplify-lightning

Good morning WO,s / Go BTC
Retina

Activity: 252
Merit: 59

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 05:25:22 AM

A small group of Bitcoin and Lightning developers is working on a new class of “sighash flags,” with names like SIGHASH_NOINPUT (“Noinput”), SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUT (“Anyprevout”) and SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUTANYSCRIPT (“Anyprevoutanyscript”). One or several of these could see deployment as a soft fork protocol upgrade in the not-too-distant future to help streamline the Lightning user experience in two big ways.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/noinput-class-bitcoin-soft-fork-simplify-lightning

Good morning WO,s / Go BTC

Good morning mate.
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15470

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2019, 05:47:23 AM

..... and "regulars" tend to merit rockets and mic's dinner etc. Nothing wrong with that, just a different type of environment.

Well apparently they merit choo choo trains too.... hey, where's your hat?!?.. mic will be advising you to get one soon, no doubt.
 (along with his latest dinner spread) Wink Cheesy

Thank you for pointing out this answer that was actually a reply to a question of mine.
I somehow lost it.
I think I am ok, I put s decent effort on my regular post, I can indulge in memes from time to time.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 06:06:12 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think that when we get phases of these kinds of persistent trolls it could take a bit of time before forum admin realizes what is going on, and then as the new accounts come up on a persistent basis, then they start to nip the new accounts in the bud.

Surely, there is a decent amount of incentive to troll  for the possibility of the scam, but likely the scam is not even the real point, but instead likely a vehicle to suck a lot of the oxygen out of the room and exhaust us through distractions and thread clutter.... a kind of clutter that even makes it difficult for regular walls of text to get any kind of meaningful attention... hahahahahahaha  for any of you guys (and gal) who might be inclined to create quasi-legitimate walls of text (I will refrain from highlighting any particular legit member, at this time...  Wink)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 06:08:07 AM

You don’t sound like James Bond to me

W0ah, someone showed me a box of 007 movie posters today.

Never seen even one before, then I get home and read this. :weird

We cover nearly every subject imaginable to mankind in this here thread.    Shocked
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 06:16:45 AM

LOL.  That doesn't "simplify" jack shit.  It makes LN an even bigger Rube Goldberg machine than it already is by introducing even more variables and transaction types.  I love how he brings up "watchtowers" too.  The mere existence of such an idea is concrete proof the base system itself lay somewhere between fundamentally unworkable and useless, and they're attempting to place a bunch of obscure bandaids on top of it that vastly increase complexity where instead of a monetary unit, it's more like a 1000 page book of legalese.

Bitcoin is a designed to centralize Rube Goldberg machine and LN is EVEN MORE SO.  LN is a replica of the already existing banking system and completely useless.  

Gold and silver are MONEY.  Designed to centralize, non-fungible, permissioned ledger, Rube Goldberg machines are NOT money.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 06:23:55 AM

... but more likely jbreher ...

What The Fuck -- exactly -- are you insinuating, you yammering diarrhea-mouth?

y u  gett so worked up bout lil ting-il-lieees?

Jeez, jbearbreher!!  

Well, if'n you're going to cast aspersions, you oughta be truthful, and ready to back up your gross invective. Anything less would be uncivilized.

Largely, I think that I am fair enough to you, jbreher.

Part of the problem that causes a lot of anger from a lot of us that might be directed towards you from time to time, including yours truly engaging in such gloves off directing, is that you continue to purposefully and willingly pump your bullshit bcash, and so that seems more that just for you to be eligible as a gloves off punching bag.

Yeah, I understand that there is both some needs for scams and snake oil coins and places for dumb money to go in the crypto space and in the free market wild, wild west, but even though scams and snake oil coins are going to inevitably exist, that does not mean that we need to embrace that kind of bullshit in this thread.

Furthermore, I doubt that we need to even attempt to be fair to members here (even regular participants like you) who continue to purposefully and willingly defend that bullshit in this thread... and try to act either that some of the bcash bullshit, such as bsv in your current defending point,  is equal to bitcoin or a superior...

You cannot factually deny that you are engaged in such ongoing practices of pumping and/or defending that shitcoin in this thread (and other places on the forum too, which is less egregious, but still shows your true colors), which I believe makes you fair game for bashing.. even without my needing to make any reasonable attempts to back up the bashing with facts or logic.  

In other words, seems more than fair to me to engage in unsubstantiated bashing of bcash pumpeners, including you, jbreher as one of the willing, voluntary and notorious OG bcasher / BIGBLOCKER pumpener, "segwit omnibus change set" naysayer and whatever other flavor of the month bitcoin attacking figure heads...

Does that arise to the level of govt agent, surely more than reasonable amount of ongoing behavior from you to support such accusations from me and directed towards you and no real need for further me or anyone else in this thread to justify each time that any one of us, including yours truly, might decide to spontaneously bash upon your interwebs avatar, name or representation.   Tongue Tongue
Lambie Slayer

Activity: 994
Merit: 707

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 08:48:56 AM

Libra hearings start tomorrow. Doubt it will be bullish at all since Libra is what imo helped really crank up the engines on the latest parabolic run. Neutral for us at best, but likely to be bearish as the big gov lefties and the Trumptarders unite on hating on Crypto imo.

As for the Treasury Secretary's comments it has crossed my mind that he might make a move against Bitcoin Wallet services.

This would be the farthest I think he would go and would certainly be bearish AF imo.

If I were him and felt the threat Bitcoin posed to him and his bankster friends I would require Bitcoin Wallet companies to implement KYC and AML, then to "attempt" to enforce this I would require Google and Apple to remove noncompliant wallet providers from their app stores.

We all know this would not stop Bitcoin, but the negative press and fear mongering would wreak havoc on the newbs who have been buying between 6-14k in the last few months and could take us significantly lower.

Hopefully this is far fetched. I think it is very unlikely, but no reason not to bring up what could be a legit pain in the ass for Bitcoinlandia.  We havent seen any other regulatory body go after wallet providers (afaik) and my guess is that its because they realize it would make them look inept when it failed to work.

Trump has destroyed any chance he had of winning in 2020 with his administrations anti crypto stance of late. I used a budget of 50 Bitcoins to see to it that he will lose.  Cheesy

Lets also not forget about our crypto owning girl Tulsi for 2020 Cheesy

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Pages: « 1 ... 24271 24272 24273 24274 24275 24276 24277 24278 24279 24280 24281 24282 24283 24284 24285 24286 24287 24288 24289 24290 24291 24292 24293 24294 24295 24296 24297 24298 24299 24300 24301 24302 24303 24304 24305 24306 24307 24308 24309 24310 24311 24312 24313 24314 24315 24316 24317 24318 24319 24320 [24321] 24322 24323 24324 24325 24326 24327 24328 24329 24330 24331 24332 24333 24334 24335 24336 24337 24338 24339 24340 24341 24342 24343 24344 24345 24346 24347 24348 24349 24350 24351 24352 24353 24354 24355 24356 24357 24358 24359 24360 24361 24362 24363 24364 24365 24366 24367 24368 24369 24370 24371 ... 33325 »
  Print  

Jump to: