May 04, 2024, 09:17:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26036 26037 26038 26039 26040 26041 26042 26043 26044 26045 26046 26047 26048 26049 26050 26051 26052 26053 26054 26055 26056 26057 26058 26059 26060 26061 26062 26063 26064 26065 26066 26067 26068 26069 26070 26071 26072 26073 26074 26075 26076 26077 26078 26079 26080 26081 26082 26083 26084 26085 [26086] 26087 26088 26089 26090 26091 26092 26093 26094 26095 26096 26097 26098 26099 26100 26101 26102 26103 26104 26105 26106 26107 26108 26109 26110 26111 26112 26113 26114 26115 26116 26117 26118 26119 26120 26121 26122 26123 26124 26125 26126 26127 26128 26129 26130 26131 26132 26133 26134 26135 26136 ... 33321 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371844 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 04:34:31 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Come on Bitcoin - you know what to do. It's your time to shine.

Actually, maybe we are seeing some decoupling of BTC/Crypto prices from the US Stock Market..or at least, IMHO, not as much as I dreaded! Smiley

Come on Bitcoin, you know the rule, if you are running from Bears you don't have to run faster than than the Bears, just the other guy, er 'stock market' Smiley

Futures are up ~4% not observing decoupling just yet

I am trying to 'reform' my image on WO and be 'hopeful' Smiley (I may have just tilted the Universe and made everything worse! Ack!)

Anyway, also I'd recommend watching a movie called 'Contagion' and a PBS show that is really good called "Alone in the Wilderness" if you have to cope like me.

Or hell everyone jumps on and revives their decade-old WOW account?

The old Chinese Curse comes to mind: May you live in 'interesting' times. Smiley

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 04:37:22 AM

I'm actually impressed as hell, that after today and such that we are at $8,100.00 USD BTC as I type this.

You must either be a future traveler or a traveller of the past, Searing. 

Alternatively, you might need to refresh your page or reboot your computer.

Just for the record:  In the past three hours, BTC prices have largely bounced between $5,200 and $5,400....

There have been no significant or meaningful BTC price movements or spikes outside of that price range... so far.  Can ONLY wish.. maybe in a week or two, best case scenario, and a year or so, worser-case scenario (I won't mention the actual worst-case scenario, we already have enough depressing news in actual reality and also coming through the keyboards of certain doom and gloom bear-leaning BTC price prognosticators).
asUHWEceyc

Activity: 10
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 04:40:07 AM

wut if

we hit a new low

AND

mcafee ends up right ?

5000ea stimulus distributed through new FEDCOIN
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3426
Merit: 4344

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 04:41:32 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2020, 05:24:16 AM by Paashaas
Merited by DaRude (1), Ibian (1), soullyG (1), Heater (1)

There are 182,700 confirmed cases worldwide affecting 162 countries with 7,171 deaths. (Numbers pilling up while making this post Undecided)

- New countries infected: Cayman Islands, Eswatini, St. Vincent Grenadines, Mayotte, Mauritania, Greenland, Liberia, Bahamas, Tanzania and Somalia.

- Italy reports another 3,233 cases + 349 deaths....(take care fillippone)

- Spain reported 2,098 new cases.

- Canada closes borders to foreign travelers.

- Venezuela's Maduro orders nationwide lockdown.

- France will be put on lockdown, orders people to stay home for 15 days

- Germany has closed places of worship, bars, restaurants, museums and cinemas.

- Humanitarian groups warn of Covid19 "carnage" among refugee camps in Syria, Yemen and Venezuela. Iran, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Greece also at risk.

- The Spanish government has requisitioned its private healthcare sector.

- Donald Trump calls for a lockdown of America, including the closing of restaurants and schools.

- San Francisco on lockdown, residents will be required to stay at home except for essential needs.

- New York City will close the largest public school system in the US.

- Companies closing all of their stores across the U.S: Apple, Nike, Hollister, Patagonia, Under Armour, Lush Cosmetics, Free People, Everlane, REI, Glossier, Lululemon, Reformation, Anthropologie, Outdoor Voices, Abercrombie & Fitch.

- Washington State closes restaurants, bars, food courts, taverns, coffee shops, gyms, and more. Also bans gatherings of over 50 people.

- A US sailor aboard a warship ship tested positive for the coronavirus for the first time.

- The US embassy and the British Foreign Office are advising their non-resident citizens to leave Argentina.

- South Africa declared a national disaster and introduced a series of drastic measures to fight the coronavirus outbreak in the country.

- Russia will limit entry to foreign visitors. Moscow bans all events with more than 50 people.

- Luxembourg closing bars and restaurants.

- 90% Air France/KLM fleet stays on ground.

- Australian airline Qantas to cut international flights by 90%.

- Fiat Chrysler, Peugeot, Citroën and Opel suspending European production.

- The EU will ban all non-essential travel into Europe for 30 days.

- Egypt suspending all flights.

- IMF prepares $1 trillion bazooka.

- Dow Jones tanked with 3,000 points (12.9%), largest point drop in history.

- Turkey suspends Friday prayers.

- Armenia declares state of emergency.

- Sudan has closed all airports, ports, and land crossings.

- Actor Idris Elba has tested positive for coronavirus.

- Game of Thrones actor Kristofer Hivju who played the character Tormund Giantsbane announced on his Instagram page that he has tested positive for coronavirus.

- Monaco's prime minister has tested positive.

- Chile tightens borders, bans foreigners from entry.

- McDonald's closes dining areas at company owned restaurants.

- Hundreds of prisoners escape in Brazil amid Covid-19 anger.

- Hong Kong will quarantine arrivals from all foreign countries.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2020, 04:47:06 AM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

You did not prepare financially and psychologically for BTC prices to go down, which would be having the ability to buy moar in the case that BTC prices were to go down, which they did?
Yah, I didn't have any preparation for this, I was too apathetic because I thought that Corona wouldn't make too much impact. I am completely carefree  Roll Eyes Quite sore  Roll Eyes
Dow is down 10%, but btc is holding 5K nicely.
It's been temporarily stable for now, but I don't know when the next drop will come. I am looking to buy some Bitcoin but it seems this is quite difficult, no one wants to sell Bitcoin on this forum  Roll Eyes
There are 182,700 confirmed cases worldwide affecting 162 countries with 7,171 deaths. (Numbers pilling up while making this post Undecided)
Everything are getting worse, some anticipate that the peak of this outbreak will be around the next 2 weeks, I'm pretty worried because the country I'm living in country is getting more cases every day. The only thing that is safe is that I am living in an epidemic-free area, but not sure in the future
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 04:49:29 AM

I'm actually impressed as hell, that after today and such that we are at $8,100.00 USD BTC as I type this.

Just for the record:  In the past three hours, BTC prices have largely bounced between $5,200 and $5,400....

There have been no significant or meaningful BTC price movements or spikes outside of that price range... so far.  Can ONLY wish.. maybe in a week or two, best case scenario, and a year or so, worser-case scenario (I won't mention the actual worst-case scenario, we already have enough depressing news in actual reality and also coming through the keyboards of certain doom and gloom bear-leaning BTC price prognosticators).

Trying to re-live my 'big balls' 2013 newbie past, when I dumped 1/4 of my take-home income on a KNC Jupiter BTC miner. Man the BTC/Crypto kool-aid was strong back then...

I'm probably gonna 'wimp' out but I'm trying! Damn, I was an 'impressive' newbie...I miss the stupid and dumb luck stuff I used to just do and be correct...and take it as a given...

ah..the BTC/Crypto 'cult' was strong in my heart then. Smiley

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 04:57:39 AM

Trying to re-live my 'big balls' 2013 newbie past, when I dumped 1/4 of my take-home income on a KNC Jupiter BTC miner. Man the BTC/Crypto kool-aid was strong back then...

I'm probably gonna 'wimp' out but I'm trying! Damn, I was an 'impressive' newbie...I miss the stupid and dumb luck stuff I used to just do and be correct...and take it as a given...

What do you mean by 'wimp' out?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 05:05:52 AM

You did not prepare financially and psychologically for BTC prices to go down, which would be having the ability to buy moar in the case that BTC prices were to go down, which they did?
Yah, I didn't have any preparation for this, I was too apathetic because I thought that Corona wouldn't make too much impact. I am completely carefree  Roll Eyes Quite sore  Roll Eyes

Surely hard to blame you when I hardly know too many of your circumstances without having to go through your whole post history or even any significant amount of your posting history.

I do see that you registered on the forum before me, so you are not really any kind of newbie, yet I also understand that personal circumstances and even view of the market can change in such a way in which your BTC investment strategy might not keep up... or you are not able to adapt your strategy in a way that adequately accounts for both market circumstances and your own individual circumstances.

Dow is down 10%, but btc is holding 5K nicely.
It's been temporarily stable for now, but I don't know when the next drop will come. I am looking to buy some Bitcoin but it seems this is quite difficult, no one wants to sell Bitcoin on this forum  Roll Eyes

I also noticed from your profile that it asserts that you are in vietnam...

Don't you have access to local bitcoins in vietnam?  Sometimes if you establish relationships with folks, then you can buy directly and in person.. the good old days of local bitcoins, that no longer really works in the USA...

I suppose that you can explore your options.. I know in the past there were a lot of forum members that would buy and sell bitcoins to each other, but I think that in recent times, members are more leery of that, and maybe there are just way more avenues available.. and you can explore avenues outside of the forum, right?

I agree with you regarding price.. who knows, but it might not hurt to pick up a few btc in this price territory if you have not purchased recently and you have some cashflow to reasonably accomplish that.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 05:21:46 AM

Well, frequently the amount of risk that you take will change based on circumstances such as your age and the market conditions.

Of course, there are always opportunities out there, and sometimes those opportunities will be present in crazy ass times like these, but sometimes, there could be some benefit in trying to time entrance that is based on more stable times.

2013 was a kind of unique time in bitcoin, and even though the btc market corrected substantially in 2014 and 2015, we surely can see a decent number of cases of people taking risks in 2013 that ended up paying off, so long as they stuck out their plan for a few years, and especially paying off in large for the 2013-ish entrants in 2016 and 2017.

I agree with you that there might be some similar opportunities in bitcoin currently, and yet I am not sure about what angle those opportunities might be for individuals (except maybe programmers or charismatic podcasters) when the space has already blown up so much?  mining seems to have gotten a lot BIGGER in recent time, so harder for individual entrants, so maybe you are just itching to get into some kind of ICO or shitcoin... hahahahahaha... make your own "Brad is spreading optimism" coin... so we will have to shoo you away and out of the thread... or join in a niche like Elwar in promoting the niche of seasteading.. hahahahaha.. another possible scam...  if you start going down those kinds of rabbit holes, then you can do a trace mayer, too.. and lose some forum credibility.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7968

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2020, 05:24:57 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Just a bit of fun speculation -

What price do you see one bitcoin being valued at in 10 years, take a guess?

I'd be absolutely fucking delighted with $5,000 per bitcoin.

Just a little blast from the past.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 05:31:47 AM

Reached that "absolutely fucking delighted" goal in half the time.

hahahahahahaha
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2020, 05:33:34 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Surely hard to blame you when I hardly know too many of your circumstances without having to go through your whole post history or even any significant amount of your posting history.
I rarely share my Bitcoin issues on this forum. I just joined WO recently, you know it. Sharing is still not easy for me  Cheesy
I do see that you registered on the forum before me, so you are not really any kind of newbie, yet I also understand that personal circumstances and even view of the market can change in such a way in which your BTC investment strategy might not keep up... or you are not able to adapt your strategy in a way that adequately accounts for both market circumstances and your own individual circumstances.
It's not the first time I've made wrong decisions, I often believe in intuition more than analysis, LOL I understand this problem but it still dominates me. Just complaining a little, I still didn't feel it was bad  Cheesy
Don't you have access to local bitcoins in vietnam?  Sometimes if you establish relationships with folks, then you can buy directly and in person.. the good old days of local bitcoins, that no longer really works in the USA...
Perhaps you do not know, Bitcoin trading has been banned in Vietnam. Although there are a few ways to buy Bitcoin in Vietnam, it is illegal and unsafe. Moreover, the price difference is quite high  Roll Eyes

Edit, I forgot to tell you a story  Cheesy
To date, there is no official vaccine to cure Covid-19. But here, a few fake guys took advantage of people's ignorance to make money by faking vaccines. They say it is the official vaccine although its main ingredient is antibiotics and supplements. It doesn't work, damn liars  Undecided
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 05:34:08 AM

Don't think you know better
You don't. Nobody does.
You are not keeping yourself informed - perhaps deliberately so - and are projecting that unto others.

I had a 5 hour ride home from the airport yesterday. I spent the entire time studying up on the pandemic. I was not done by the time I got home, have an even bigger backlog now that I had some sleep.

I told my parents to stock up a week before they finally listened. 2 days after they finally got around to it, everyone else did. All at once. Stores now have guards that only let a handful of people in at a time.

I am better informed on Corona than my parents. They are better informed than most people thanks to me. You, are afraid. And you should be, because this is a global pandemic of still unknown lethality that can not be avoided.

What you need to do is get the hell over it. Problems don't go away just by ignoring them, much less by ridiculing those who are actually trying to do something constructive about it. Read, listen to people who know more than you, weep if that makes you feel better. But stop pointing and laughing. You are ultimately only hurting people, even if only yourself.

You got me there tbh. Glad you noticed!
I deliberately try not to "inform" myself much about this clusterfuck.
Only the necessary - population panic levels, and a few close friends & family opinions. And here, the WO. Undecided

There is so much (shit) information going your way, causing people to panic, that basically my position is "chill the fuck down pussies, you're being manipulated here, oh and you're all going to die anyway".

My intentions are far from hurting people as you mentioned, quite the contrary.

I'll stop about it if it pleases you, and when all this is history, I'll start bashing the lot of you - starting with you. Sounds fair?

edit: I refuse to live in fear. I t   i s   n o t   l i v i n g.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 05:46:16 AM

I rarely share my Bitcoin issues on this forum. I just joined WO recently, you know it. Sharing is still not easy for me  Cheesy

Fair enough... I understand that there are a variety of reasons why folks might not want to share too much personal information, for OPsec reasons and other privacy reasons, and we also can be kind of proud about tackling problems on our own..

We are usually NOT too much meanies in this thread for members who are seeking the sharing of information, but surely it tends to be the case that the more that you share, the more you might end up getting attacked because we know some of your information.

Ultimately it is up to you regarding how many details to give, and sometimes we can discuss matters in terms of percentages, too...

It's not the first time I've made wrong decisions, I often believe in intuition more than analysis, LOL I understand this problem but it still dominates me. Just complaining a little, I still didn't feel it was bad  Cheesy

Sure, there are a decent number of people who fly by the seat of their pants in terms of investment strategies, and I personally believe in that expression that "failing to plan is planning to fail" or that you are kind of gambling if you do not spend a decent amount of time figuring out investment strategies that are based on your personal circumstances and surely dollar cost averaging and buying on dips are good, but you also should be considering your own budgetary circumstances such as cashflow, what are your various investments, views about bitcoin as compared with other assets, your timeline, risk tolerance and time for portfolio management or research and tweaking of your plans and strategies on a periodic basis.

Don't you have access to local bitcoins in vietnam?  Sometimes if you establish relationships with folks, then you can buy directly and in person.. the good old days of local bitcoins, that no longer really works in the USA...
Perhaps you do not know, Bitcoin trading has been banned in Vietnam. Although there are a few ways to buy Bitcoin in Vietnam, it is illegal and unsafe. Moreover, the price difference is quite high  Roll Eyes

I know that locations differ in what is available and how it is treated, so understandably, if you are in those kinds of circumstances, then you are going to be limited.  If you are a citizen of another country, then you might have options, that is if you have banking in other countries.. but if you are a vietnamese citizen, then you might be more limited.. I would hate to suggest that you should move based on bitcoin because that might not be practical, either.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 05:57:23 AM

I'll tell you one more thing. Regardless of my decision about going all back in or not. (I'll probably do it when I feel it is the right time but I am also probably not going to invest like $50k this time, $10k is more likely)

Most bitcoins were mined when their price was below 50 bucks. There are millions of them.

Do you understand what means?

It means this whole thing can go to zero and halvening don't really mean shit. There is no bottom. No TA.

One of the reason I was so freaked out when I read there were coins moved to exchanges after 10 foookin years. 10 fookin years.

They can afford to sell it below $1k.

Hey man stop it, this is embarrassing.
You're calling for below $1k BTC? Really?

You swallowed the news and sold the bottom. We all make mistakes. Just don't buy at the top now.
What has become of you?
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 9544

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 06:21:48 AM

Haha, brilliant!
Fuck that now, add another 0 on the to satisfy my needs Cheesy

I’ll Merit this later, currently out.

Smiley

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 06:24:04 AM

Ok, this seals it for me, the bio-engineered virus is a spook operation for sure. Probably CIA is only agency with access to such bio-weapons or authority to commandeer such access. NSA is branch of army so maybe them too but unlikely to get involved. May even be a rogue branch that 'slipped up' while doing their hidden masters bidding from the seat of the UN or some other global secret society power, e.g. Fabians.

The virus was engineered by a laboratory in Wuhan, and includes parts of tuberculosis and HIV. However, most of those reported with the virus dont have it, and most deaths also have nothing to do with it. Basically, anyone dying from pneumonia or from a cold is being marked in hospitals as a victim from the virus. The virus is real, but the pandemic is fake.

The ones who died in China, however, were infected by it. Since its a hybrid virus, it needs a push to work properly, and this was done with the 5G installed in Wuhan. The process of electroporation allows for remote control of the virus, through the use of nanomilimeter waves. These waves can penetrate the body and reach the cells, but they need an agent and a transmitter, in other words, the virus and the 5G cellphone.

The chinese population was vaccinated against coronavirus in December 2019.

is the water making the frogs gay?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 06:32:31 AM

I'll tell you one more thing. Regardless of my decision about going all back in or not. (I'll probably do it when I feel it is the right time but I am also probably not going to invest like $50k this time, $10k is more likely)

Most bitcoins were mined when their price was below 50 bucks. There are millions of them.

Do you understand what means?

It means this whole thing can go to zero and halvening don't really mean shit. There is no bottom. No TA.

One of the reason I was so freaked out when I read there were coins moved to exchanges after 10 foookin years. 10 fookin years.

They can afford to sell it below $1k.

Hey man stop it, this is embarrassing.
You're calling for below $1k BTC? Really?

You swallowed the news and sold the bottom. We all make mistakes. Just don't buy at the top now.
What has become of you?

Consider the logic, too.

Since a large number of bitcoins were mined below $50, therefore, those bitcoins are only worth about $50, currently, so they are profitable to dump those bitcoins at any price above $50, so there is no bottom in this magical internet money....... blah blah blah..

Sure, the price of bitcoin was below $50 for most of the time until mid 2013.. and so around 14 million bitcoins had mining costs below $50.. Gosh.. the first couple of years through 2009 and 2010, bitcoin hardly even had any street value and 1/4 of all the coins ever (like 5million) were mined without hardly any street value.

Fails and refuses to account for appreciation of value, difficulties and costs to mine similar coins today and other factors, such as willingness to of people to pay more for coins in current times.

Makes hardly any sense to suggest that there is no bottom in terms of how far the BTC price will go (like the lack of intrinsic value arguments) including failing and refusing to account for/acknowledge currently strong BTC price prediction models that are much more sophisticated than the many bitcoins were mined for under $50 argument.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 06:36:06 AM

Haha, brilliant!
Fuck that now, add another 0 on the to satisfy my needs Cheesy

Shifting goal posts - otherwise known as "high maintenance"... I am glad that you are not my boyfriend (#nohomo)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 17, 2020, 06:38:51 AM

hey

where the fuck is V8?

it's been 4 days...
Pages: « 1 ... 26036 26037 26038 26039 26040 26041 26042 26043 26044 26045 26046 26047 26048 26049 26050 26051 26052 26053 26054 26055 26056 26057 26058 26059 26060 26061 26062 26063 26064 26065 26066 26067 26068 26069 26070 26071 26072 26073 26074 26075 26076 26077 26078 26079 26080 26081 26082 26083 26084 26085 [26086] 26087 26088 26089 26090 26091 26092 26093 26094 26095 26096 26097 26098 26099 26100 26101 26102 26103 26104 26105 26106 26107 26108 26109 26110 26111 26112 26113 26114 26115 26116 26117 26118 26119 26120 26121 26122 26123 26124 26125 26126 26127 26128 26129 26130 26131 26132 26133 26134 26135 26136 ... 33321 »
  Print  

Jump to: