April 28, 2024, 01:41:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29223 29224 29225 29226 29227 29228 29229 29230 29231 29232 29233 29234 29235 29236 29237 29238 29239 29240 29241 29242 29243 29244 29245 29246 29247 29248 29249 29250 29251 29252 29253 29254 29255 29256 29257 29258 29259 29260 29261 29262 29263 29264 29265 29266 29267 29268 29269 29270 29271 29272 [29273] 29274 29275 29276 29277 29278 29279 29280 29281 29282 29283 29284 29285 29286 29287 29288 29289 29290 29291 29292 29293 29294 29295 29296 29297 29298 29299 29300 29301 29302 29303 29304 29305 29306 29307 29308 29309 29310 29311 29312 29313 29314 29315 29316 29317 29318 29319 29320 29321 29322 29323 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 02:31:37 PM

It's funny.. BitBlockBoom is right here in my backyard (I could literally walk to the bar they meet at one of the nights) and every year i think "I should go and hang out at the most maximallist Bitcoin convention of them all."

Then I realize that there is no way my contrarian soul would get away without wearing my Monero shirt, and the shit I would get for that, plus the price, tends to stop me.

I bet it'd be fun though...

Any of you go to that thing?

I haven't gone to any of those things, but I did meet up with some guy from Hive and Mark Vernon a few years ago.

I don't think you'd get too much shit if you just wear a Monero shirt. Sure, it's not bitcoin, but you could just say "oh, this is my privacy shirt, I have a bitcoin shirt, but yanno, OPSEC."
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 02:41:02 PM

It's funny.. BitBlockBoom is right here in my backyard (I could literally walk to the bar they meet at one of the nights) and every year i think "I should go and hang out at the most maximallist Bitcoin convention of them all."

Then I realize that there is no way my contrarian soul would get away without wearing my Monero shirt, and the shit I would get for that, plus the price, tends to stop me.

I bet it'd be fun though...

Any of you go to that thing?

I haven't gone to any of those things, but I did meet up with some guy from Hive and Mark Vernon a few years ago.

I don't think you'd get too much shit if you just wear a Monero shirt. Sure, it's not bitcoin, but you could just say "oh, this is my privacy shirt, I have a bitcoin shirt, but yanno, OPSEC."

I suppose there is probably a pretty thriving Bitcoin meetup around here...  I am not quite a OPSEC careful as another WO member who *might* live in this town lol... and is moving out east a little.  You know i bet I could find him if I go to Tyler and say, "Hey any of you know about that guy building the racetrack out here somewhere?"

But I do not really know what a Bitcoin meetup would do other than put me at some risk.  I have thought about consulting, maybe even throwing some "What the heck is Bitcoin" presentations and start that sort of business...  in which case all these meetups and conferences become more important.

Nah, I'm good.
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 7714

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2021, 02:41:28 PM
Merited by wxa7115 (1)

https://twitter.com/Soy_Mitch/status/1432343559974367237
NIZZAONE

Activity: 643
Merit: 234

"a mad man is laughing at the rain"

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 02:44:16 PM

funnyfiveminutes again enjoying myself  Grin no! I think I don`t got a massive alcohol problem...

bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2217

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2021, 02:45:00 PM

My mother just send me this photo, took it from out of her apartment in Rio…

Small protest, people want BTC regulations
 Cheesy Grin Cool

Rio de Janeiro?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 02:51:14 PM

Next move: ditch the bank altogether.

It might not be practical for most bitcoiners yet, but it will be someday relatively soon.

Yes real bitcoiner same to the picture invest low price and profit high and Shitcoiner recipients are the complete keeping opposite thinks.

It is not bad to consider whether bitcoin might happen to be a low price when investing into it, but the first thing is to get the fuck off zero.  So it may well not matter what the BTC price is, if you have no coins, you better get some.

It is better to consider bitcoin as a longer term investment, such as 4 years or longer.. of course, the longer the better.  Of course, if your investment timeline is less than 4 years, then you likely have to be more careful with the amount of your allocation into bitcoin.

We don't really give too many shits about shitcoiners might or might not think in this here thread.

not sure nevertheless bitcoin up 70000$ next week in case market not crashed for bad news.

Ask Phillip how that "bitcoin $70k next week" prediction series went.

11 chartbuddys in one page..
that must be a record..

Hadn't noticed until you mentioned it.

ok chartbuddy we get it, youre lonely

so heres a spacer before the Wall Observer becomes the Chart Buddy Observer

man CB will get delusions of grandeur soon if this keeps up.

Fair point.

+1 WO merit - courtesy of toxicmoxic

there is no way my contrarian soul would get away without wearing my Monero shirt, ......

Shame on you for even thinking it.    Angry Angry Angry

-1 WO merit for that poorly thought out (muddied thinking) idea-er.  - you gotta thank toxicmoxic for this one, too

Monero shirt........you could just say "oh, this is my privacy shirt, I have a bitcoin shirt, but yanno, OPSEC."

That's about the only thing such shirt would be good for, except if they happened to have one of those Texas cold spell / energy outages, then it might make good fireplace fuel as a second option.
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 15403

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2021, 02:57:56 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 11:13:15 PM by fillippone

My mother just send me this photo, took it from out of her apartment in Rio…

Small protest, people want BTC regulations
 Cheesy Grin Cool

Rio de Janeiro?

Nah,
Rio, Illinois:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rio,+IL+61472,+USA/@41.109562,-90.4020806,1499m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x87e191c4afe34b4b:0xd604c06fe3cd89c0!8m2!3d41.1092036!4d-90.399851

Reverse angle:

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 03:01:36 PM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 03:10:01 PM

there is no way my contrarian soul would get away without wearing my Monero shirt, ......

Shame on you for even thinking it.    Angry Angry Angry

-1 WO merit for that poorly thought out (muddied thinking) idea-er.  - you gotta thank toxicmoxic for this one, too

Monero shirt........you could just say "oh, this is my privacy shirt, I have a bitcoin shirt, but yanno, OPSEC."

That's about the only thing such shirt would be good for, except if they happened to have one of those Texas cold spell / energy outages, then it might make good fireplace fuel as a second option.

Oh quit your grumping!  I am very conscientious around here and respect the maximalist vibe etc. I am most certainly a Bitcoin maximalist myself... but I am also a privacy maximalist.  So I end up a little less black and white in my thinking, and simply think that until Bitcoin inherits Monero's privacy... Monero is a candidate to act as both Bitcoin's privacy layer, as well as a way for Bitcoin to be somewhat out of the line of fire from governments insofar as the bad press from DNMs and other nefarious activity.

AND you have inspired me to buy myself a nice Monero mug to go with my mug with the genesis block on it! Wink   

Also, have y'all seen this?  Interesting times. Smiley  https://unstoppableswap.net/ 
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 03:25:45 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2021, 03:39:27 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by NIZZAONE (1)

funnyfiveminutes again enjoying myself  Grin no! I think I don`t got a massive alcohol problem...

Having gold/silver in your sign seems off topic at best and a dig at bitcoin if interpreted more deeply.

In other words, both gold and silver have a lot of debasement issues .. so even if less manipulated than dollars, they both still suffer from quite a bit of manipulation.. and I doubt we are in a good place to be getting into those battles in this here thread, like we have over the years, at least in respect to both gold and how much superior bitcoin is to gold, which is becoming more and more apparent.. even looking at relative price actions of bitcoin versus gold markets.. over the years and likely into the future..

Bitcoin is the soundest money that we have to the extent that soundness and honesty might be equivalent in terms of the underlying systems.. but another thing about bitcoin is that there is not really any need to attempt to moralize matters in terms of who is using bitcoin because anyone can use it, and it is also built upon a lot lesser needs to trust.. trust minimized people say...

In other words.. fuck gold and silver.. except maybe as a back up once you have established your bitcoin position.. and sure if you are already into gold/silver but not into bitcoin, then there is just a matter of figuring out how much (if not all of it) of your gold and silver positions to shave off and to allocate those amounts into bitcoin.  

For example, with gold, bitcoin is currently priced at a wee bit less than 1/10 of the market cap of gold, but any kind of fair and introspective assessment of where we are at in current times, we should fairly easily appreciate that bitcoin has at least 100x to 1,000x the value of gold, so it could take a few more cycles for bitcoin's market cap to get there, but of course, those kinds of fair assessments should highlight that gold/silver are not likely to do very well (relatively speaking) compared to bitcoin, even if each or both might be able to hold value relative to fiat.. perhaps? perhaps?
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 03:30:51 PM

I sold all my gold and silver bars. The only ones I've kept are considered jewelry (bracelets, necklaces) that do have some value if melted into gold, but has more value being used as jewelry and not as a precious metal.

I may get a bar or two again in the future, but only once we've firmly established our positions in bitcoin, as in, maybe after we've reached FU level / status or more. Otherwise, there isn't any real need for physical gold. If you can conceal and carry a single ounce gold coin with you through or across international borders, then you can certainly carry bitcoin just as easily; no one else will know.
NIZZAONE

Activity: 643
Merit: 234

"a mad man is laughing at the rain"

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 03:38:26 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

funnyfiveminutes again enjoying myself  Grin no! I think I don`t got a massive alcohol problem...

Both gold and silver have a lot of debasement issues .. so even if less manipulated than dollars, they both still suffer from quite a bit of manipulation.. and I doubt we are in a good place to be getting into those battles here, like we have over the years, at least in respect to both gold and how much superior bitcoin is to gold, which is becoming more and more apparent.. even looking at relative price actions of bitcoin versus gold markets..

Bitcoin is the soundest money that we have to the extent that soundness and honesty might be equivalent in terms of the underlying systems.. but another thing about bitcoin is that there is not really any need to attempt to moralize matters in terms of who is using bitcoin because anyone can use it, and it is also built upon a lot lesser needs to trust.. trust minimized people say...

In other words.. fuck gold and silver.. except maybe as a back up once you have established your bitcoin position.. and sure if you are already into gold/silver but not into bitcoin, then there is just a matter of figuring out how much (if not all of it) of your gold and silver positions to shave off and to allocate those amounts into bitcoin.  

For example, with gold, bitcoin is currently priced at a wee bit less than 1/10 of the market cap of gold, but any kind of fair and introspective assessment of where we are at in current times, we should fairly easily appreciate that bitcoin has at least 100x to 1,000x the value of gold, so it could take a few more cycles for bitcoin's to get there, but of course, those kinds of fair assessments should highlight that gold/silver are not likely to do very well compared to bitcoin, even if they might be able to hold value relative to fiat.. perhaps? perhaps?

I´m not invested in gold or silver but Bitcoin  Cool so, totally agreeing 2 your statement! this was a pic from a now closed but then famous BTC-location in Berlin... kind of a place, where 2 beer and 1 whiskey just taste a lil better  Grin

https://www.google.com/search?q=room77&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi8yujwiNnyAhXSsKQKHZGbAN0Q_AUoA3oECAEQBQ&biw=1920&bih=899
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 04:01:28 PM

Explanation
Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 04:57:24 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Next move: ditch the bank altogether.

It might not be practical for most bitcoiners yet, but it will be someday relatively soon.

Yes real bitcoiner same to the picture invest low price and profit high and Shitcoiner recipients are the complete keeping opposite thinks.

It is not bad to consider whether bitcoin might happen to be a low price when investing into it, but the first thing is to get the fuck off zero.  So it may well not matter what the BTC price is, if you have no coins, you better get some.

It is better to consider bitcoin as a longer term investment, such as 4 years or longer.. of course, the longer the better.  Of course, if your investment timeline is less than 4 years, then you likely have to be more careful with the amount of your allocation into bitcoin.

We don't really give too many shits about shitcoiners might or might not think in this here thread.

The best thing is happening Truth be told Bitcoin can at least 4 years or more so view some portfolio. You are right that if I do not have bitcoin deposit I will never get very good results but since I love bitcoin I have some bitcoin deposit though it is very small. However, the funny thing is that I have had some of the bad experiences while trading Bitcoin (Maybe I’ve had this kind of bad experience because I’m  new in bitcoin.), I have lost some of Bitcoin and even after that I am confident that Bitcoin is conducive to a better life.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 05:01:32 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 05:02:01 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2021, 11:54:23 PM by JayJuanGee

Both gold and silver have a lot of debasement issues .. so even if less manipulated than dollars, they both still suffer from quite a bit of manipulation.. and I doubt we are in a good place to be getting into those battles here, like we have over the years, at least in respect to both gold and how much superior bitcoin is to gold, which is becoming more and more apparent.. even looking at relative price actions of bitcoin versus gold markets..

For example, with gold, bitcoin is currently priced at a wee bit less than 1/10 of the market cap of gold, but any kind of fair and introspective assessment of where we are at in current times, we should fairly easily appreciate that bitcoin has at least 100x to 1,000x the value of gold, so it could take a few more cycles for bitcoin's to get there, but of course, those kinds of fair assessments should highlight that gold/silver are not likely to do very well compared to bitcoin, even if they might be able to hold value relative to fiat.. perhaps? perhaps?

I´m not invested in gold or silver but Bitcoin  Cool so, totally agreeing 2 your statement! this was a pic from a now closed but then famous BTC-location in Berlin... kind of a place, where 2 beer and 1 whiskey just taste a lil better  Grin

https://www.google.com/search?q=room77&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi8yujwiNnyAhXSsKQKHZGbAN0Q_AUoA3oECAEQBQ&biw=1920&bih=899

Actually, I do appreciate how a current business in mainstream circles would end up attempting to equate bitcoin with gold and silver because many people have hardly any clue about what bitcoin is, and it is probably likely that gold and silver would be better explanatory accuracies rather than suggesting bitcoin to be something like master card or visa.. even though bitcoin is seeming to get more of those master card and visa functionalities through further developments of the lightning network.

For sure, it is going to take a decent amount of time to both get bitcoin to sink into the heads of the masses of normies, and even some folks who invest into bitcoin do not really understand or appreciate some of the deeper aspects of bitcoin.. and I am not going to exclude myself from the ignorant either, even though many of us longer-term bitcoiners can appreciate that there may well be a considerable amount of knowledge differences between some of us who have been following the space for longer periods, and surely we can see that even some of the quick-study folks, such as Michael Saylor may be working through some of the learning curve aspects in a public way (and of course, I am not the first to make such an observation) - and not even saying that some of us long-termers are smarter than Saylor either, but there are varying perspectives and emphases and even disagreements about what parts of bitcoin deserve emphasis or discussion..

...and surely some of the differences of opinion, perspectives and knowledge of those who are attempting to study bitcoin in detail will lead to various attempts at improving aspects of bitcoin through its growth - and not even saying that we need to presume bitcoin to be broken in any kind of way in order to presume that bitcoin will likely grow in various ways or develop in various ways that might be beyond what is currently knowable (even though variations of the future can be hypothesized and speculated), but surely growth of bitcoin is not necessarily going to be ossified, even if there are likely going to be some aspects of bitcoin that are conceptually changeable (such as its fixed supply) that seem theoretically changeable would be nearly impossible to change in actual practice.. ..

There are other aspects of bitcoin like that too in terms of some aspects of bitcoin might be more ossified than other aspects.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 06:01:35 PM

Explanation
True Myth

Activity: 315
Merit: 213

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 06:12:06 PM

There is also the idea of no correct investment for everyone, so sure some people may end up with some shitcoins in their portfolios based on their circumstances and conclusions about what they believe fits their needs, and for sure I am not advocating shitcoins at all, but I do consider them to be so damned much correlated to bitcoin that it is way the hell better to learn about bitcoin and to get an adequate stake in bitcoin way before even exploring the mostly nonsense of shitcoins, and frequently those individuals who get involved in bitcoin in fairly deep ways will lose interest for shitcoins, not merely based on monetary performance but based on understanding aspects of what differentiates bitcoins from shitcoins.
Many people think that some shitcoins are at lower prices and low Market cap and they could easily get a big chunk of profits from them and allocate more of them or under someone's influence just invested their life savings into such shitcoins and after market dumps the prices crash,whales take out profits and all other lose funds and then blame the market for the same.Bitcoin is best in safe in all terms like prices, decent returns, security and adoption and why can't they see it.
Who cares what people say about shitcoins?  It's not really on topic here to be comparing and contrasting various shitcoins.  It's a slippery slope that does not lead us anywhere

While I agree Bitcoin is king daddy, I won't say that shitcoins have no use.  Shitcoins sole purpose to me is to gain more BTC.  I've doubled my Bitcoin stack in the last year by trading BTC/Shitcoin pairs.  While I'll never hold a shitcoin longer than a week it has been a nice way for me to stack sats since I wasn't as early to Bitcoin as most others here.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 06:29:55 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Mempool kind of heating up a bit...  So far nothing out of the ordinary, but it looks like a pretty good splash forming... let's see!

Compared to rest of the month does not stand out... but the spike seems to be forming quickly.  Good to watch.

I noticed because I went to force close an inactive channel, and I paid like 3x what I needed to in fees, and then it did not confirm... went to look and we had gone from 1 block deep to 6 deep very fast.
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9499

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 06:39:11 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), JayJuanGee (1), Paashaas (1)

I like this kid, he’s only 19 but he's one of the best analysts around imo, after Plan B & Willy Woo, this is my guy.

Follow him -

https://twitter.com/wclementeiii?s=21

Will Clemente
@WillClementeIII
This wave of Bitcoin supply shock has the most momentum of any in recent history.

We're going much higher over the coming months.

https://twitter.com/wclementeiii/status/1432399090143449100?s=21
Pages: « 1 ... 29223 29224 29225 29226 29227 29228 29229 29230 29231 29232 29233 29234 29235 29236 29237 29238 29239 29240 29241 29242 29243 29244 29245 29246 29247 29248 29249 29250 29251 29252 29253 29254 29255 29256 29257 29258 29259 29260 29261 29262 29263 29264 29265 29266 29267 29268 29269 29270 29271 29272 [29273] 29274 29275 29276 29277 29278 29279 29280 29281 29282 29283 29284 29285 29286 29287 29288 29289 29290 29291 29292 29293 29294 29295 29296 29297 29298 29299 29300 29301 29302 29303 29304 29305 29306 29307 29308 29309 29310 29311 29312 29313 29314 29315 29316 29317 29318 29319 29320 29321 29322 29323 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: