April 26, 2024, 07:43:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 30196 30197 30198 30199 30200 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 [30239] 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 ... 33303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368308 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 09:11:15 PM
Merited by d_eddie (1)

the noon wall report at 1:11pm

comparative analysis and macro economic structures

note the different inflection rates of the MACD and RSI indicators

dead cat bounce
DJI
D

vs the llama bounce
BTC
D

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 09:18:50 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2022, 10:57:16 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by AlcoHoDL (2)

3 possible outcomes I reckon:

- Pressure on Putin will make him retreat or broker some sort of temporary peace deal (perhaps annexing the two smaller eastern Ukrainian areas already "declared independent" and sticking with that - again I reckon this is only temporary and possibly only prolongs another mammoth attack on Ukraine in some years into the future). This may reduce some sanctions again.
- Putin continues the onslaught until Ukraine waves the white flag. No sanctions dropped and could cause more trouble.
- Putin continues the onslaught until Ukraine is completely destroyed. No sanctions dropped and could cause more trouble.

Undecided

That seems far from exhaustive of possibilities.. but hey what do I know?

Another thing is that devil's in the details, so even if you may have broadly described something that could happen, the level of vague does not really capture how it plays out.. including various levels in which the conflict affects outside regions. or the extent to which outside regions are able to assist and what outside regions actually do in that direction...and how Russia might react to that.

Didn't someone recently predict that we were going down to $25k?  Kiss

HoDL.

Down to $25k were the conservative ones... and they said it was "for sure," too.

Many of us know that it is only "for sure" after it already happens rather than before-hand.

Sure, a mere 4-hour bump of $3.5k from $38k to $41.5k (as I type this post) is nothing in which we can absolutely rest our laurels.. and I am still not going to start to feel comfortable until getting above $46k for a day or so... .. even if we were to have a $20k week candle (or maybe a 3-day) (seems like a fantasy to be thinking about 50% up, no?)... there needs to be some sustainability.. even though those kinds of moves do cause some price cushion and do end up costing those who want to try to expend capital to push the BTC price back down to its earlier lower levels.

Bitcoin's recent price performance, amidst the Russo-Ukrainian conflict, certainly serves as yet another confirmation of the sheer strength and robustness in its design. I'm fairly confident that prices of $25k, and certainly those below the 200-Week Moving Average indicator (currently at $20k), will never be visited again, thereby affirming the current "fuck-you" rich status Bitcoin threshold at 100 BTC.

In fact, and this is purely a SOMA guess, I expect Bitcoin to pleasantly "surprise" us this year, with prices exceeding ATH, and possibly nearing 6-digit territory. This will gradually lower the above "fuck-you" rich status threshold, thus giving more hope of attaining such status to the octopuses, crabs, and other low-end marine species out there.

Studying the history of the 200-Week MA indicator, it can be seen that there is at least an order-of-magnitude (10x) increase in its value roughly every 3.5 years. Assuming that this trend will continue, one can expect its value to reach about $200k in early 2026, at which point owners of a mere 10 BTC can safely attain "fuck-you" rich status and start seriously enjoying their Lambos, hookers & blow.

tl;dr: In 2026, 10 BTC = "Fuck-You" rich. <--- mindrust could have been there. Make sure you are!

I don't really disagree with anything that you are saying.. and your 10 BTC in 2026 does seem more than reasonable..  My chart from December 28 shows fuck you status getting below 10 BTC by late 2025.. so yeah.. maybe you have already attempted to be more conservative with trajectory expectations.

yet, I remain somewhat squirmy about my own chart because I do believe that we are going to have to taper our future projections of the 200-week moving average a wee bit in order to attempt to be realistic that exponential growth cannot really be an ongoing straight line.. and to attempt to capture that it has to start to taper.. even if we are tending to continue with a projection that is not far off of a round 75% per year ongoing UPpity in the 200-week moving average...

By the way, you likely already know that I do not have any problem with guys shaving off some dollars on the way up, and I have had my own formula for years regarding worse case scenarios regarding how much to be able to feel comfortable to shave off and to still be making ongoing profits in BTC.. and mostly rolling over profits.  100 BTC is such a good number to work with, so it is possible that I am going to be stuck with that number for a while, even if guys are going to be on both side of that number.. it is nice and round.

So anyhow, clearly having 100BTC into fuck you status can start to show us how we can work that number to our advantage in terms of better understanding how much BTC we can attempt to shave off if we are starting to want to spend within our fuck you status.

Once you get to fuck you status, even if it is entry-level, you should be able to more comfortably start to shave off value, and there are several components, but let's just take the proposition that every time the BTC price goes up $1k, if you have at least 100 BTC (current entry-level fuck you status), then the value of your portfolio goes up $100k... so I have frequently asserted that if you have a goal to continue to roll over profits, then the maximum that you could shave off would be 50% of the profits, which would be $50k for every $1k price increase in the BTC price.

At the same time, I have also attempted to personally stay way below those maximum shaving numbers, even when I am attempting to be fairly aggressive regarding an amount of dollar value that I might want to get out, so frequently my authorization numbers for shaving profits for myself have tended to be between 5% to 10% of the profits and from time to time at most 25%, so in this case, we can easily calculate those numbers to be authorizing the shaving off of value in the ballpark of $5k, $10k or $25k for every $1k that the BTC price goes up until maybe reaching our maximum withdrawal amount for the period or whatever other goals that we might have concerning withdrawing BTC value (dollars from BTC).  

Let's say for example that a hypothetical guy has reached the 100 BTC fuck you level that is currently being measured as entry-level under the 200-week moving average valuation system ($20k), and such guy has decided that he would like to withdraw $100k per year of value from his BTC holdings to provide for his lifestyle or to supplement whatever cash flow that he might have.  

I will assert that currently considering $100k per year of withdrawal from such 100 BTC stash is considerably within perpetually sustainable because with BTC we are likely able to use up to 12% per year of your 200-week moving average, even though 4% per year has traditionally been used for traditional asset valuations.  4% of the 200 week moving average would actually be $80k per year.. but I will argue that such $80k (4%) is way too conservative because the 200-week moving average has been moving up 75% per year since at least 2012/2013, and even a withdrawal rate of 12% per year would be sustainable.. which would put the maximum sustainable amount of withdrawal for our current 100BTC holder at $240k per year, and this particular hypothetical withdrawal rate situation we are ONLY planning to withdraw $100k per year (less than 1/2 the maximum).

I am not going to beat this point to death, but I do believe that currently, $100k per year withdrawal of anyone at an entry-level fuck you status of 100 BTC is well within reasonably perpetually sustainable, and likely such a person who is engaged in such a withdrawal rate of $100k (and having 100 BTC) is likely going to need to up his/her BTC/dollar withdrawal rate level in future years based on such a low withdraw level.

So, anyhow getting past the idea of $100k per year withdrawal rate, there are a lot of ways to structure a withdraw of $100k that could take place in incremental ways rather than just lump sum withdrawing.. . and there could be target price levels to withdraw $10k at a time..   Of course, there is more comfort and less urgency in withdrawing such value if such hypothetical person already has plenty of cash.. but at the same time, there may well be some kind of need to get started, or to start to practice withdrawing.. in order to actually pull the fuck you lever rather than merely having the potential of pulling such lever at any time (not bad to be there, either)... .. but if any such hypothetical guy is planning to make BIG changes, then it might well be better to have 1-2 years of cash already on hand (I know Dabs used to say this and I did not like the idea of holding so much cash, but there is some practicality in considering how much value to keep in cash).. and then however far that you project out your cash (expenses), then to just plan to withdraw on a quarterly basis or some kind of way to attempt to withdraw during tops rather than bottoms (easier said than done)... I am starting to ramble.. I better stop.
vroom
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1681

a Cray can run an endless loop in under 4 hours

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 09:26:17 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1), Toxic2040 (1)

Attention Radio Geeks:

8131 kHz USB (Russian Air Force)
Military Transport (Aviation)
6.685 kHz USB (primary)
8.847 kHz USB (secondary)
11.360 kHz USB
18.030 kHz USB

There's several lists online, this one was sent to me a few minutes ago from a friend living in Poland.  Most here won't have radio gear, but you can probably poke around on websdr.org and find a station in Europe that could get good propagation.

I've been a ham since 1980, General class.

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

for people without radio at home

3809 kHz USB - what's that?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 09:31:51 PM

$44,000 has fallen.

Seems like there’s a real battle here, can we sustain prices above $44,000?

Pressure builds.  $50000 in one hour probable

Yeah.. I don't believe that we are stuck, either...

Time will tell.

Didn't someone recently predict that we were going down to $25k?  Kiss

HoDL.

Down to $25k were the conservative ones... and they said it was "for sure," too.

Many of us know that it is only "for sure" after it already happens rather than before-hand.

Sure, a mere 4-hour bump of $3.5k from $38k to $41.5k (as I type this post) is nothing in which we can absolutely rest our laurels.. and I am still not going to start to feel comfortable until getting above $46k for a day or so... .. even if we were to have a $20k week candle (or maybe a 3-day) (seems like a fantasy to be thinking about 50% up, no?)... there needs to be some sustainability.. even though those kinds of moves do cause some price cushion and do end up costing those who want to try to expend capital to push the BTC price back down to its earlier lower levels.

Bitcoin's recent price performance, amidst the Russo-Ukrainian conflict, certainly serves as yet another confirmation of the sheer strength and robustness in its design. I'm fairly confident that prices of $25k, and certainly those below the 200-Week Moving Average indicator (currently at $20k), will never be visited again, thereby affirming the current "fuck-you" rich status Bitcoin threshold at 100 BTC.

In fact, and this is purely a SOMA guess, I expect Bitcoin to pleasantly "surprise" us this year, with prices exceeding ATH, and possibly nearing 6-digit territory. This will gradually lower the above "fuck-you" rich status threshold, thus giving more hope of attaining such status to the octopuses, crabs, and other low-end marine species out there.

Studying the history of the 200-Week MA indicator, it can be seen that there is at least an order-of-magnitude (10x) increase in its value roughly every 3.5 years. Assuming that this trend will continue, one can expect its value to reach about $200k in early 2026, at which point owners of a mere 10 BTC can safely attain "fuck-you" rich status and start seriously enjoying their Lambos, hookers & blow.

tl;dr: In 2026, 10 BTC = "Fuck-You" rich. <--- mindrust could have been there. Make sure you are!

I've been thinking about hookers, lambos and blow ever since my BTC became far more valuable than anything I've ever owned or had access to (fiat / homes etc) and of course since these are mentioned exactly in this thread a lot.

Blow
I don't do it at all, I've never felt comfortable smoking anything. I smoked a bit leisurely when going out at during university days 20 odd years ago but never since. To be fair I did do Shisha smoking when I was in Dubai. It was fun. Peppermint flavour seemed nice. Don't know if I'll ever go back.

Lambos
I think more expensive cars might just be a fucking headache for me to be honest regardless of how much my BTC would be worth. I already am too greedy to spend much on a cheapish SUV. I hardly drive these days. I was thinking about getting an Elon Musk Kart in a Model 3 or Model Y and could easily miss a BTC or part of one to get it. But they still seem pretty expensive to me (almost any new car is compared to what I used to pay) and I do worry about the whole electric carry on. The range often seems far too good to be true. Maybe think of them as achieving 60-65% per charge at most. Meh. It's less miles than a full tank of petrol in my current SUV which still drives pretty well. It just has a terrible stereo.

Hookers
I can easily afford pretty top notch ones with my dirty fiat money. There are also some "actresses" available here in the UK who I have admired privately quite a bit but I've often heard these are not worth the extra charge. Maybe I should just try and see for myself. Again it's been something I've been thinking about.

I probably just overthink most things and should enjoy life a bit more.

I'm finding the more wealth I have had, the more careful I have become.
It seems a bit ironic.

You are coming off as a bit of a party-poop, Bunny.

Hookers, Lambos and blow is largely just symbolic as a kind of level of extravagance.

It surely may well be true that entry-level fuck you status may well not allow for such but if you get to multiples of fuck you status (beyond entry-level) then by definition, you have way more money then you need or what was in your budget.  Remember fuck you status is the level that you set for yourself, so reaching it is one thing that may well allow you to quit your job and completely live off your passive income (such as your BTC), but reaching multiple-levels of fuck you status, thereby doubles, triples, quadruples or more  the budget that you have already set for yourself, so you not only could add one of the extravagances, but several of them in which you are not calculating whether or not they are a good value and presumptively they are mostly a consumption good rather than any kind of value-retaining good.
icopress
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 7777

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2022, 09:46:37 PM
Merited by NeuroticFish (10), d_eddie (1)

I fear tonight might be it for Kyiv. I think they are going to get obliterated before more weapons arrive from Europe / USA.

Just believe in the best (while ordinary people cover the rear).  Wink

[...] Cooking for a local checkpoint.

Today's dropper holders and anti-tank hedgehogs.

BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 10:00:14 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), DaRude (1)

Bottom line any discussion about surviving first attack is retarded, has been since the 60s, and that's by design for MAD

To be clear, we're absolutely fucked if this thing goes nuclear.

I was just trying to be technically correct, as to my understanding of countermeasures.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 10:01:21 PM

Explanation
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 10:02:25 PM

must be a pretty good pucker moment launching weather sats right now no?  positive launch and sep..completed burn into a parking orbit. wtg NASA
GOES-T

Atlas V and the RD-180 with SRB's at full roar
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 10:07:34 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

must be a pretty good pucker moment launching weather sats right now no?  positive launch and sep..completed burn into a parking orbit. wtg NASA
GOES-T

Atlas V and the RD-180 with SRB's at full roar

Yeah.. I am sure that was one of the most closely watched launches from several places in the world at once...  whew

As to mutually assured destruction.,

1.  It would take madness for Putin to do a nuke strike, and the agreementr enough of his people to pull it off.  I comfort myself with that.
2.  This whole thing is a show, and a way to wreck the dollar (as well as the ruble, pound and so on.) and bring in digital IDs/Wallets and CDBCs. 

THAT is what I think this is about.  We are seeing history made before our eyes gentlemen, and it is hard right now to know how the story will be told.  Because that totally depends on the outcome.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 10:12:34 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2022, 10:42:48 PM by Hueristic

First strike capability in this context means to survive the retaliation, I forget this could be misunderstood by those not in the know.

Hm. I remember that was second strike/ride out capability: You could be nuked but your missiles would survive to trash the person who struck first. The whole MX missile thing was designed for that in the 80's, before Reagan went to deep pack mode which was stupid as... well par for the course.

Doing a fast lookup on FS I get:
the initial use of nuclear weapons to attack a country that also has nuclear weapons; considered feasible only when the attacker can destroy the other country's ability to retaliate

Amusingly enough Khrushchev was a more rational actor than Kennedy as he knew Kennedy would not back down.

Good history lesson there.

Indeed. My dad told me about working in CA during that time, waking up, driving to work, and seeing all the fog in the valley. Except the fog was not fog, but missiles out of the tubes, fueled, and ready for a hot launch.

Fun times.

Acceptable losses is the term you need to know in order to google the calculations that go into that algo.

Fun fact USA acceptable losses percentage is much higher than USSR's was.  I have no clue what Putins is.

There are some very precise numbers out there that boils down to how much of each profession needs to survive.

Also those survivors must be in certain categories as they must be young enough to train the next generation and so forth.  Those guys spent a long time getting the number down to a science and they take those numbers into account when figuring out what they can depreciate as newer tech is added.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 10:17:07 PM
Merited by bitcoinPsycho (1)

[snap, TL;DR]

How does one get to create his own country and own army with just 10 BTC?? Tongue Tongue  Cool  Shocked  Huh  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

You are amongst the highest levels of dweeb, no?

Entry-level fuck you status, which is what AlcoHoDL was referring to gives the option to quit your job, if you like... and hopefully being able to maintain at least the same standard of living without a job.. Of course, each person sets their own conditions for fuck you status and even entry-level fuck you status, but a common understanding would be that entry-level would just be able to quit your job and to be able to live some kind of similar level of living in a perpetually sustainable way off of the BTC stash (or whatever other equivalent measures of wealth that are accurately calculated to be equivalent).

If you want to accomplish some of those other goals, you need to be higher than entry-level fuck you status.. that should be clear enough to anyone with an actual brain..

[edited out].

You so fussy . Good entertainment

Tongue Tongue
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 10:21:52 PM

Bottom line any discussion about surviving first attack is retarded, has been since the 60s, and that's by design for MAD

I was just trying to be technically correct, as to my understanding of countermeasures.

I think you qualify - http://www.theoppidum.com/  
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 10:36:22 PM

the noon wall report at 1:11pm

comparative analysis and macro economic structures

note the different inflection rates of the MACD and RSI indicators

dead cat bounce
DJI
D

vs the llama bounce
BTC
D

one graph is a free market, another-first, a scare, then artificial money printing pump.
which one is which? /s
Continuation?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 10:44:16 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2), Biodom (1)

Who would want to live never going out under the night sky again?
Give me the quick flash of light thank you.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 11:01:20 PM

Explanation
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 11:10:12 PM
Merited by jojo69 (1)

You talk like a person who hasn't waited 4 years between halvenings to see the moon again!
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12001

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 11:16:06 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), Hueristic (1)

Little disappointed with new Batman movie

First half absolutely good,
Second half little less imho.
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 11:20:12 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (10), DaRude (1)

If it be Nuclear War I choose to be the target please.
What remains would not be worth surviving.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 11:30:12 PM

anybody get slapped, therein?

Note:  do not spoil for any peeps.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 11:36:17 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

You talk like a person who hasn't waited 4 years between halvenings to see the moon again!

ROTFLMFAO!

If it be Nuclear War I choose to be the target please.
What remains would not be worth surviving.

When you really think about it I can't see how anyone could come to a different conclusion.

Yeah, I haven't gone to a DC movie in the theater in ages unless I want to see it twice. 

they have dropped the ball for so long I got sick of being disappointed.

the problem is that is starting to happen with the Marvel ones now.

But I really have high hopes for Morbius.  And to a lesser extent Dr. Strange.

The thing about  Morbius is its a great story line so if they don't try to hollywood it then it should kick ass.

Pages: « 1 ... 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 30196 30197 30198 30199 30200 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 [30239] 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 ... 33303 »
  Print  

Jump to: