April 19, 2024, 03:16:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30465 30466 30467 30468 30469 30470 30471 30472 30473 30474 30475 30476 30477 30478 30479 30480 30481 30482 30483 30484 30485 30486 30487 30488 30489 30490 30491 30492 30493 30494 30495 30496 30497 30498 30499 30500 30501 30502 30503 30504 30505 30506 30507 30508 30509 30510 30511 30512 30513 30514 [30515] 30516 30517 30518 30519 30520 30521 30522 30523 30524 30525 30526 30527 30528 30529 30530 30531 30532 30533 30534 30535 30536 30537 30538 30539 30540 30541 30542 30543 30544 30545 30546 30547 30548 30549 30550 30551 30552 30553 30554 30555 30556 30557 30558 30559 30560 30561 30562 30563 30564 30565 ... 33277 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26363943 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Gachapin

Activity: 896
Merit: 1835

bitcoin retard

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 08:12:45 PM

Seems probable in general, but not so much in this macro environment.
However... what do I know.

A shot of hopium is always nice though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 08:14:47 PM

[edited out]
*edit(): Like we are watching you dummy.   Shocked  Shocked

For sure I am starting to feel lil ting-a-lees of lovey-dovey sensations.

How could you do that?

Cry Cry Cry

So it's Musk's Twitter now.

Even though I often think he is full of shit, it's good to have a Bitcoiner own that huge social network.

I hope he will implement lightning for tips or something rather than using dogshitcointm

We might also see BTC on their balance sheet in the future, like he did with Tesla.

Interesting times

It could be that Elon is a bitcoiner... he has some weird ways of showing it sometimes, and maybe I am just contrasting him to Jack Dorsey, who seems like a genuine bitcoiner rather than a fly by your panties kind of guy (at least in regards to his bitcoin related public stances) that Musk seems to represent with more than half of the internally contradicting ways that he has discussed the matter of bitcoin (does he/Musk even know what it is?).

Even though I often think he is full of shit, it's good to have a Bitcoiner own that huge social network.

Elon Musk is not a "Bitcoiner". Nor a bitcoiner. Just an attention-whoring vacuous dolt who needs his own "special media" site to soothe his narcissism.

I share your characterization of him.
But as far as we know he privately holds Bitcoin (not the Tesla btc), and probably more than most peeps on the WO.

Yeah, he could probably own 0.000001% of his wealth in bitcoin and own more than "most peeps on the WO."

For me a Bitcoiner, or a bitcoiner like you seem to prefer writing it, is someone who privately holds bitcoin.
What's your definition ?

Understanding bitcoin might be helpful.. including publicly appreciating that bitcoin is better than Dogggie coin.. .. also he speaks a lot of nonsense about energy matters related to bitcoin..   Likely many bitcoiners recognize that Elon still is grappling with understanding what the fuck is bitcoin, and maybe he is learning more with the passage of time about bitcoin, and it would be nice to see a wee bit of consistency in his actual ways of talking about bitcoin publicly, if he is even capable of such beyond what suchmoon has already described regarding Elon's own seeming personality deficiencies that might cause him to be unable to express himself clearly in regards to whether he loves(and accepts) King Daddy (as his lord savior) or not.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 08:17:04 PM

Elian is a narcissist that will fire or ban anyone that disagrees with him as he has proven throughout his career.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 08:17:40 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2022, 08:46:42 PM by HI-TEC99
Merited by Toxic2040 (1)

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2022, 08:23:46 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

But as far as we know he privately holds Bitcoin (not the Tesla btc)... And probably more than most peeps on the WO.

For me a Bitcoiner (or a bitcoiner like you seem to prefer writing it) is someone who privately holds bitcoin.
What's your definition ?

Fair enough. However I would hesitate to call someone a bitcoiner if they shit on Bitcoin every chance they get, and promote a meme coin as better than Bitcoin, as well as some borderline scammy Doge knock offs. In other words, I don't see how this specific context (Twitter purchase) could be good for Bitcoin. It's probably good for Doge, which is up 20% today.
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 08:26:32 PM

Elian is a narcissist that will fire or ban anyone that disagrees with him as he has proven throughout his career.

jep!

Coming back to the question "who is a bitcoiner?"  I really would love to know how everybody in the WO thinks about that expression, or better how everybody defines it in measurable terms.
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 08:48:48 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

But as far as we know he privately holds Bitcoin (not the Tesla btc)... And probably more than most peeps on the WO.

For me a Bitcoiner (or a bitcoiner like you seem to prefer writing it) is someone who privately holds bitcoin.
What's your definition ?

Fair enough. However I would hesitate to call someone a bitcoiner if they shit on Bitcoin every chance they get, and promote a meme coin as better than Bitcoin, as well as some borderline scammy Doge knock offs. In other words, I don't see how this specific context (Twitter purchase) could be good for Bitcoin. It's probably good for Doge, which is up 20% today.

More and more companies will acquire BTC sooner or later anyways. But with Musk as the new owner the chance of "sooner" for Twitter has increased, I think.

At least he made Tesla buy quite a bunch of BTC quite early.  ...I guess Alpha-Saylor convinced him. So he seems to know how to learn from people who are more intelligent than him.

Big companies buying up supply is not really a bad thing in my eyes.

And the chance of Twitter implementing Bitcoin or a shitcoin into their network has probably increased as well.

That could widen the user base of the BTC network / lightning quite dramatically. Even if they only implement a shitcoin, it will bring many more newbies to the shitcoin and also bitcoin market.

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4127

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 08:49:08 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2022, 12:26:50 AM by AlcoHoDL
Merited by JayJuanGee (4), cAPSLOCK (1)

jep!

Coming back to the question "who is a bitcoiner?"  I really would love to know how everybody in the WO thinks about that expression, or better how everybody defines it in measurable terms.

What I think the fellow WOers are trying to say is that to be a "true Bitcoiner" is not to merely own loads of it, but to also (and most importantly) demonstrate an understanding of its core principles and the problem it solves, and to use everything in your power to support and promote Bitcoin every chance you get. Owning 50k BTC and at the same time promoting DOGE and removing Bitcoin payments from Tesla's shop because of environmental concerns, shows that 1. you don't get how Bitcoin works and where it draws its value, 2. you believe the misinformation that Greta and her team of EU "experts" are trying to feed to the ignorant public about Bitcoin's power consumption, or 3. you have some hidden agenda/goal and you use your power to achieve said goal, which may not necessarily be in the best interests of Bitcoin. That's excluding the ASD/narcissism aspect.

I have some friends whom I've introduced to Bitcoin, and some of them have ended up owning varying amounts of BTC. From our discussions, I'm often disappointed to see that they haven't got a freaking clue about what Bitcoin really is and how it benefits mankind. They're just in it for the quick profits. I don't think I would call them "true Bitcoiners"...

tl;dr: Simply owning BTC doesn't make you a "true Bitcoiner", just like owning a Picasso doesn't make you a "true art lover".
HI-TEC99
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 08:50:00 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Toxic2040 (1)

$40000!

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 09:01:26 PM

Explanation
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 09:22:53 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2022, 09:40:13 PM by Gachapin

I have some friends whom I've introduced to Bitcoin, and some of them have ended up owning varying amounts of BTC. From our discussions, I often see that they haven't got a freaking clue about what Bitcoin really is and how it benefits mankind. They're just in it for the quick profits. I don't think I would call them "true Bitcoiners"...

I have the same experience with people I meet.

However, I must say I was a very slow learner myself, when it comes to Bitcoin.

Owned it the first 2-3 years without knowing much of it, other than that it's a digital form of money.  
(In my defense there was less info around compared to nowadays.)

I even thought it's maybe rather a ponzi than something serious. (I'm no guy who could have checked the code)

So I tend to be very generous with younger holders, because I know for some of us it can take quite a long time to get it. Especially if you are a busy person.

I'm happy every time I meet people who used their own money to get some BTC.  So I don't check for their character, knowledge or intentions, but just crown them with the term bitcoiner.

That being said within my bitcoiner heart I absolutely agree with your definition.
I probably just don't like being too harsh on newcomers, because I'm happy that they came. Even if it's annoying Mr Musk...

danadc

Activity: 952
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2022, 09:31:38 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), Toxic2040 (1)

Hi guys,

This article seems to me that it is a way to do that people who read it and are not very clear about their conviction will make them sell for panic:

The pseudonymous trader known as Kaleo tells his 478,000 Twitter followers that Bitcoin is on its way to retesting the lows last seen in mid-2021.

Zooming in to the lower timeframe, the trader says that a break of $38,500 in the next several days could be the trigger that sends Bitcoin on its next leg lower, and a spike above $41,000 won’t do much to change the circumstances.

Source: https://dailyhodl.com/2022/04/25/top-trader-issues-warning-to-bitcoin-bulls-says-another-leg-down-for-btc-approaching/

Although it is a very possible scenario to pass, we must bear in mind that this can be a news that causes some FUD, although we can convert it into an advantage at the time the others sell to take advantage and buy.

How do I like to see all the views in Cointelegraph have another approach:

Data from Cointelegraph Markets Pro and TradingView shows that after dropping as low as $38,210 in the opening trading hours on Monday, Bitcoin (BTC) price staged a 5.72% rally to hit an intraday high at $40,366 as news of Twitter's sale spread across news outlets.

And something that left me confused is that according to this analyst he says he is in a phase of accumulation

From all this I keep what Whalemap says, which is not over yet, it can be a correction that is not over:

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-hits-40k-investors-pump-dogecoin-doge-after-musk-confirms-twitter-purchase

I keep the teaching that both analyzes coincide at certain points, but that a distribution phase does not see it considerable.

Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 09:33:43 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Toxic2040 (1)

jep!

Coming back to the question "who is a bitcoiner?"  I really would love to know how everybody in the WO thinks about that expression, or better how everybody defines it in measurable terms.

What I think the fellow WOers are trying to say is that to be a "true Bitcoiner" is not to merely own loads of it, but to also (and most importantly) demonstrate an understanding of its core principles and the problem it solves, and to use everything in your power to support and promote Bitcoin every chance you get. Owning 50k BTC and at the same time promoting DOGE and removing Bitcoin payments from Tesla's shop because of environmental concerns, shows that 1. you don't get how Bitcoin works and where it draws its value, 2. you believe the misinformation that Greta and her team of EU "experts" are trying to feed to the ignorant public about Bitcoin's power consumption, or 3. you have some hidden interest and you use your power to achieve said interest, which may not necessarily be in the best interests of Bitcoin. That's excluding the ASD/narcissism aspect.

I have some friends whom I've introduced to Bitcoin, and some of them have ended up owning varying amounts of BTC. From our discussions, I'm often disappointed to see that they haven't got a freaking clue about what Bitcoin really is and how it benefits mankind. They're just in it for the quick profits. I don't think I would call them "true Bitcoiners"...

tl;dr: Simply owning BTC doesn't make you a "true Bitcoiner", just like owning a Picasso doesn't make you a "true art lover".

Personally, I think you conflate the terms "Bitcoiner" and "Bitcoin Maximalist". I believe that once you start collecting BTC you are a Bitcoiner, but with some level of intelligence and a modicum of basic research, , that should lead most to the the Maximalist conclusion..

If you drive a car you're a driver... but not until you start buying your own tools, doing your own tune ups, and craving more muscle/speed do you become a car enthusiast.

Just my opinion, to each his own.
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 09:37:28 PM

jep!

What I think the fellow WOers are trying to say is that to be a "true Bitcoiner" is not to merely own loads of it, but to also (and most importantly) demonstrate an understanding of its core principles and the problem it solves, and to use everything in your power to support and promote Bitcoin every chance you get. Owning 50k BTC and at the same time promoting DOGE and removing Bitcoin payments from Tesla's shop because of environmental concerns, shows that 1. you don't get how Bitcoin works and where it draws its value, 2. you believe the misinformation that Greta and her team of EU "experts" are trying to feed to the ignorant public about Bitcoin's power consumption, or 3. you have some hidden interest and you use your power to achieve said interest, which may not necessarily be in the best interests of Bitcoin. That's excluding the ASD/narcissism aspect.

Personally, I think you conflate the terms "Bitcoiner" and "Bitcoin Maximalist". I believe that once you start collecting BTC you are a Bitcoiner, but with some level of intelligence and a modicum of basic research, , that should lead most to the the Maximalist conclusion..

If you drive a car you're a driver... but not until you start buying your own tools, doing your own tune ups, and craving more muscle/speed do you become a car enthusiast.

Just my opinion, to each his own.

good point
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 09:49:17 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

I am not sure what Elon's actual position on Bitcoin is.

There is the Doge red flag.  And at the same time I cannot imagine he has been without some tutelage.  Someone must have helped him understand the reason putting everything on the base layer is not a real possibility without centralization.  you know... the thing that Hal Finney got in 2010.

So taking this down Binary paths:

He has not realized that basic fact for L1  - then he is either a moron (unlikely) or arrogantly unteachable (quite possible).

He HAS realized that but either does not care, or wants the centralization which makes him evil.

He HAS realized it but is being very careful about what he promotes after having wrecked a bunch of his acolytes.

Between Jack, and Saylor it's hard to imagine they have not talked about it with him, and explained why scaling in layers is the optimal solution.  And also why Doge is probably doomed even worse than Bitcoin when it comes to bloat.  I also think there is a sincere chance he actually believes the "inflation is needed for velocity.  And he does not know that Bitcoin has solved this by reducing technical friction so much that we will see spending simply because of that.

So we will get to see which one of those categories he is in.  To be honest I would not place a bet for any of it yet.  And I pride myself in being a good people reader, and troubleshooter.  It is very hard to tell with him.  I do get the sense he isa bit of a narcissist.  And is also on the spectrum somewhat.  But he also seems to be an idealist.  It will be instructive to see what he does with twitter, and as we move forward with crypto.

I say "crypto" because I would be surprised if he did not do more things to support Doge, sadly.  Even if he has seen the light with BTC, I would expect a high possibility that he would try to make something good out of the giant mess he's made with Doge.  It would be better if he just stopped playing, but I think this is unlikely.

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 09:58:51 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

[...]

If you drive a car you're a driver...

[...]

Yes, you're a driver, but not a car lover. I guess that's what I meant with my "true Bitconer" term. You can call it "Bitcoin maximalism" if you wish, but still I cannot call my greedy friends mentioned in my previous post "true Bitcoiners". It just doesn't seem right to me.

I see your points though, and we agree on substance. The differences are in semantics really.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2112

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 10:02:56 PM
Merited by HI-TEC99 (1), Toxic2040 (1)

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 10:04:55 PM

Explanation
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 10:08:40 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2022, 10:44:35 PM by AlcoHoDL
Merited by Toxic2040 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I am not sure what Elon's actual position on Bitcoin is.

There is the Doge red flag.  And at the same time I cannot imagine he has been without some tutelage.  Someone must have helped him understand the reason putting everything on the base layer is not a real possibility without centralization.  you know... the thing that Hal Finney got in 2010.

So taking this down Binary paths:

He has not realized that basic fact for L1  - then he is either a moron (unlikely) or arrogantly unteachable (quite possible).

He HAS realized that but either does not care, or wants the centralization which makes him evil.

He HAS realized it but is being very careful about what he promotes after having wrecked a bunch of his acolytes.

Between Jack, and Saylor it's hard to imagine they have not talked about it with him, and explained why scaling in layers is the optimal solution.  And also why Doge is probably doomed even worse than Bitcoin when it comes to bloat.  I also think there is a sincere chance he actually believes the "inflation is needed for velocity.  And he does not know that Bitcoin has solved this by reducing technical friction so much that we will see spending simply because of that.

So we will get to see which one of those categories he is in.  To be honest I would not place a bet for any of it yet.  And I pride myself in being a good people reader, and troubleshooter.  It is very hard to tell with him.  I do get the sense he isa bit of a narcissist.  And is also on the spectrum somewhat.  But he also seems to be an idealist.  It will be instructive to see what he does with twitter, and as we move forward with crypto.

I say "crypto" because I would be surprised if he did not do more things to support Doge, sadly.  Even if he has seen the light with BTC, I would expect a high possibility that he would try to make something good out of the giant mess he's made with Doge.  It would be better if he just stopped playing, but I think this is unlikely.

I also can't make up my mind about Elon. I used to be a big fan, and, in a way, I still (want to) like him. Part of him at least. The idealist in him, with his rockets trying to conquer space, and his Teslas innovating how we drive. Out of the many talented engineers I've met in my professional life, I'd say that, to truly excel in engineering and science, moderate levels of ASD, OCD, and a good deal of perfectionism can be beneficial. You have to really care about the little details. I don't know where Elon stands in all this, but part of me wants to like him. His behavior and actions last year, with the tweet-farts, the DOGE stuff, and the removal of Bitcoin from his Tesla shop were all disappointing events, and certainly not "true Bitcoiner" material in my book.

Edit: text enrichment, clarifications.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 10:09:40 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 30465 30466 30467 30468 30469 30470 30471 30472 30473 30474 30475 30476 30477 30478 30479 30480 30481 30482 30483 30484 30485 30486 30487 30488 30489 30490 30491 30492 30493 30494 30495 30496 30497 30498 30499 30500 30501 30502 30503 30504 30505 30506 30507 30508 30509 30510 30511 30512 30513 30514 [30515] 30516 30517 30518 30519 30520 30521 30522 30523 30524 30525 30526 30527 30528 30529 30530 30531 30532 30533 30534 30535 30536 30537 30538 30539 30540 30541 30542 30543 30544 30545 30546 30547 30548 30549 30550 30551 30552 30553 30554 30555 30556 30557 30558 30559 30560 30561 30562 30563 30564 30565 ... 33277 »
  Print  

Jump to: