May 04, 2024, 09:02:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31248 31249 31250 31251 31252 31253 31254 31255 31256 31257 31258 31259 31260 31261 31262 31263 31264 31265 31266 31267 31268 31269 31270 31271 31272 31273 31274 31275 31276 31277 31278 31279 31280 31281 31282 31283 31284 31285 31286 31287 31288 31289 31290 31291 31292 31293 31294 31295 31296 31297 [31298] 31299 31300 31301 31302 31303 31304 31305 31306 31307 31308 31309 31310 31311 31312 31313 31314 31315 31316 31317 31318 31319 31320 31321 31322 31323 31324 31325 31326 31327 31328 31329 31330 31331 31332 31333 31334 31335 31336 31337 31338 31339 31340 31341 31342 31343 31344 31345 31346 31347 31348 ... 33322 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372097 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1524
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 07:05:59 AM

This is the biggest milestone for the Philippines, Binance and Bitcoin

Cryptocurrency users in the Philippines are quite large, that university is making rapid steps in the adoption of cryptocurrencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3003

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 07:46:32 AM

So, the Lightning Network is pretty much off at the clubs getting absolutely wrecked on Peach Schnapps tonight.

How you guys doing?

Family day, waffles for breakfast, an extensive walk in the animal park followed by museums.
The matching movie (Zookeeper) after dinner.
When the kids went to bed, i shared some chocolate, spiced with vaporized weed, with my wife, cuddling stoned until we fell into sleep.

Life's good at night.
Have a nice day, may the Pump be with us (and ChartBuddy)  Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 08:01:16 AM

Explanation
Crazy_Bitcoin

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 08:43:53 AM

JUST IN: 🇬🇧 Bank of England doubles its temporary QE bond purchases to £10 billion per day.

Source: WatcherGuru
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 09:01:20 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 09:35:09 AM

Is it true that institutional investors are more influential in the market today when there are no more retail traders in the market? because it looks like a special role and according to someone named Michael Safai said that they are now playing chess and even played chess two years ago through crypto trading of more than $1.2 trillion put in through his company.
Source:

What is "crypto trading"?  

Would any of us here be interested in such a thing, if it were to be real?

I do not mind using the opportunity of BTC price fluctuation. Though I do not want to sell all of my bitcoin but a very small amount can be sold in a bull run to rebuy more BTC with that same money. If I had to take a small risk to increase my portfolio then why not. It's all about filling your bag with more bitcoin afterward.

If you are talking about getting into and out of bitcoin from fiat (such as the dollar or even some other kind of fiat), then that all seems largely relevant to this thread, but if you are fucking around with a variety of other shitcoins, and then suggesting that your discussion of the various ways that you are fucking around with various shitcoins is somehow relevant to this thread, then I might suggest that you are a looney or that you are trying to divert us from the topic of this thread....

I will suggest that this thread is not intended to be about the various ways that you can increase e your BTC stash, .. especially when you end up devolving into nonsense irrelevant references and /or discussions of various shitcoins.. How the fuck many shitcoins are there"?  like 20k?  fuck that.  No need to devolve into the discussion of shitcoins in this thread.. take those kinds of mostly irrelevant references to other threads or other forums.. in that regard, I will suggest that we don't gots no time for vague references to 20k shitcoins, here.

Observing $19,433 & twiddling my thumbs during an expected, long term boring crab market. I wish bitcoin would break up hard or even in the opposite direction so I can gobble up loads of cheap coins (obviously preference is up).

Good..

good

goood.

[rubbing hands together]

at least your preference is up....    That's good.

It’s just, the current price does nothing for any of us. There is no way I am selling a single satoshi at this price. I have bought a big % of what I sold in 2021 back already but I am sitting on a pile of fiat now, unwilling to buy more. It either dumps to make me buy more or I keep that fiat.

To some extent, even though you are framing your state of mind as a kind of boredom and frustration with stagnancy, it's a good position to be in.  Nonetheless, I can also relate to some of the frustration of having a consolidation range in which there is quite a bit of frustration to sell any BTC at these prices because we are at historically low levels in terms of spending so much time below the 200-week moving average rather than being able to stay above the 200-week moving average.   

So any way yeah, just willing bitcoin to do SOMETHING so I can do something positive Cheesy

Just do something anyhow.. make a little drama to mess things up.. so that you have something to fix afterwards.    For example, you are in a state of kind of stability, but you want movement, put on a leverage long and a leverage short to up the game, and then once one of them fills or you get reckt in the other or both, then you will have repairs to make.   

Personally, I can try to live with boredom.. .. but there are likely ways to cause yourself to take action in order that smaller changes in the BTC price will cause counter-action and then you are still prepared for either price direction, except that you end up not needing as much price movement in order to trigger action.. profits in either direction... and maybe it is slippery slope into shitcoins.. and then I will be sorry that I suggested that you cause your investment to become more active than it's current state of seeming stagnancy.

Feels like we’ve been stuck between $18,000 & $23,500 for ages.

We have.

More than four fucking months of largely being below the 200-week moving average.

This is not unexpected though, the way it should go if we are repeating past cycles is, one more dump, an awful capitulation to about $12,000 to $14,000 which causes suicidal thoughts & more mindrust’s.

In retrospect, we can see reasons regarding how we got here and how we could end up experiencing those further outrageous scenarios that you outline; however, there is a certain level of unexpectedness in terms of the outrageousness that we have already experienced and the level of degenerate gambling that had been taking place in the bitcoin space and connected with the bitcoin space...  So even though we are in a state of outrageousness currently, we can identify some facts that both brought us here and explain (to some extent) why we are still here and suffering from decent chances that worse might still come.. but it also might not come.. .. I doubt that we can really confidently proclaim that we have to get one more dump before up, and we might not even be cured of our downity.. merely if we were able to experience one more down, then that would not necessarily mean that we bounce back into any kind of expected cycle...

Sure, we have to be prepared for either way, but sometimes down before up may well end up being down before more down... and we are already in a pretty down place (historically speaking).. so fuck that need for down before up, even though it is possible that we could get down before up.. but it might not work out that way..   I would rather get either flat before up or just skip both the down before up and skip the flat before up and just get some up before more up.. but that is surely too optimistic, right?  We can all agree that up before more up is not a very likely scenario at the present time... even though any of the scenarios are within the realm of various ways that this "bad boy" could play out.

Mainstream media says it’s over, everybody thinks we’re going to $0. This is what forms cycle bottoms, could happen between now & mid 2023. Then we start to slowly climb up, maybe reach the halving in mid 2024 at $30,000 to $40,000. Still boring but with a slight upwards trajectory we plod to the end of 2024. 2025 comes & we start to break upwards, memes & green dildos everywhere we see a new ATH. Couple of pullbacks mid 2025 but then we power to over $150,000 by the end of 2025 as the cycle top & then the cycle starts all over again.

Sure.  It could happen like that.  Right at this moment, don't feel like I have any better or more probable scenario to outline... but your scenario is a wee bit depressing.. even though it has built in optimism too because who can really complain about the price going up... the punchline with that particular scenario is that the BTC price is going to go up.. even if it might go down first.

Are you ready?

If you can label it as ready, I am not planning to make any radical moves either, and I currently have buy orders down to $13k-ish.. even though it would suck for them to get filled.. .. but what else can any of us do?  If bitcoin is a kind of hedge and we have value in bitcoin and we have value in some other kinds of assets, but it still seems that bitcoin is amongst the most promising of them... I am not feeling any kind of compelling need to lock up any of my value in those kinds of bond dollars, merely to get yield.. and sure having some property can be o.k.... and some folks are putting some of their resources into Armageddon preparations.. and there might be some questions regarding the extent to which bitcoin would be helpful in Armageddon scenarios.... 
DVlog

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 09:50:27 AM

Is it true that institutional investors are more influential in the market today when there are no more retail traders in the market? because it looks like a special role and according to someone named Michael Safai said that they are now playing chess and even played chess two years ago through crypto trading of more than $1.2 trillion put in through his company.
Source:

What is "crypto trading"?  

Would any of us here be interested in such a thing, if it were to be real?

I do not mind using the opportunity of BTC price fluctuation. Though I do not want to sell all of my bitcoin but a very small amount can be sold in a bull run to rebuy more BTC with that same money. If I had to take a small risk to increase my portfolio then why not. It's all about filling your bag with more bitcoin afterward.

If you are talking about getting into and out of bitcoin from fiat (such as the dollar or even some other kind of fiat), then that all seems largely relevant to this thread, but if you are fucking around with a variety of other shitcoins, and then suggesting that your discussion of the various ways that you are fucking around with various shitcoins is somehow relevant to this thread, then I might suggest that you are a looney or that you are trying to divert us from the topic of this thread....

I will suggest that this thread is not intended to be about the various ways that you can increase e your BTC stash, .. especially when you end up devolving into nonsense irrelevant references and /or discussions of various shitcoins.. How the fuck many shitcoins are there"?  like 20k?  fuck that.  No need to devolve into the discussion of shitcoins in this thread.. take those kinds of mostly irrelevant references to other threads or other forums.. in that regard, I will suggest that we don't gots no time for vague references to 20k shitcoins, here.

I am not talking about any shitcoin or getting out of BTC. I know this thread is relevant to BTC alone. You do not like other shitcoin I get it but I do not mind earning some quick money from that shitcoin if I got the opportunity because it doesn't force or encourage me to sell off my bitcoin holding for those shitcoin or any other fiat.

I know there are thousands of shitcoin in the market and thousands more will come but BTC was here and will be here. Earning some quick profits from shitcoin will not divert my point of view.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 10:01:17 AM

Explanation
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 5636

Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2022, 10:02:29 AM

price comparison; same price

You enjoy seeing it...

check price, same price

you love to see it…

BTCTC

I don't understand these geniuses who have been on the forum for months and haven't read the rules, and then they happen to get permaban because they didn't know it's a mortal sin on the forum... Roll Eyes To clarify, the ban is not the result of a quoted post.

https://bpip.org/Profile?id=3468810
ThemePen

Activity: 756
Merit: 677

I stand with Palestine.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2022, 10:12:07 AM

Ukraine is still on fire. One of the buonty manager (icopress) is also facing. Pray for all.

According to him Hundreds of missiles Russia has fired.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5415807.msg61094723#msg61094723
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2493

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 10:47:34 AM

What's a buonty manager?

Also, I'm sick of hearing this prayer / little flag shite. There is no big sky daddy that is going to solve anything for you, no matter how much you wish for it.

Both Russia and Ukraine (with the heavy hand of NATO) are causing trouble as far as I can make out.

Neither side is in the right as far as I'm concerned.

People all over the world should leave each other the fuck alone.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 11:01:04 AM

[edited out]
I'm still not sure if 17.5K was the first bottom corresponding to 5.8K in 2018, or the second bottom 3.1K in late 2018. Anyway, we should have some dead cat bounces to 30K-ish, or even 40K-ish before the next big bull run. Hopefully the tradition will be kept and we see 100K+ in 2025. Meanwhile, I continue DCAing but very cautiously. I wouldn't risk too much buying right now, since another big crash is quite possible in the next 1-2 years.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have the skills to sell high and buy low, so I actually buy higher than I've sold. I don't gamble of course, I sell only for what I need and plan to do. When I'm done, I use the new salary to replenish my stash albeit buying a bit higher most of the time. Because I don't want to gamble, I buy regularly with my fiat savings ignoring the current price movements.

In general, I'm dissatisfied with my stash, since I missed a lot of opportunities to buy under 1K and sell something above 50K. So, I will have to wait another 2 years at least for prices above 100K to pursue my bigger goals - buying a real estate and installing photovoltaic panels with asic miners. Thus I will not only have the profit from my Bitcoin stash but a regular income which will allow me to quit my job if I want to. But for now, I will not only keep my current job, but I am in the process of getting a second job. Both can be combined easily, since they are not physically demanding. So, if the price is below 50K until 2025, I will probably get closer to the number which is needed for my plans. I have a small reserve, just in case another crash happens, and then for sure I will get to that number.

So, even though I'm not a skilled trader, with the pre-meditated and pre-planned strategy, I am always theoretically in a win-win situation. But in the real life, my emotions can get in the way. I'm not talking about mindrusting during a crash, but rather mindrusting during a pump under 100K. For me, anything under 100K zone is a no go! Any mistake there and I can say good bye to all my plans and fail miserably. So, any gambling is out of question for me!

I think that many of us if not an overwhelming majority of us can describe a multitude of ways in which we have made various bitcoin stash managing mistakes  - even if they might not rise to such high levels of mindrust notoriety.. but there might be some of us who have made similar levels of mistakes like he did and we do not want to admit it.

Personally, I believe that the more that we are able to plan and then project what we are going to do under a variety of BTC price scenarios, then the more likely we are going to be able to stick with some close variation of our plan when push comes to shove and the scenarios start to play out.  One of the issues with any of these kinds of plans may well be that we believe that we have prepared for extreme scenarios and then BTC prices end up going beyond our extreme scenarios, not only a little bit beyond our extreme scenarios but quite a ways beyond our extreme scenarios, so our planning and even our planning of extreme scenarios ends up not being quite enough.

Another thing that happens is that bitcoin might end up performing within our planned scenario and even we might have planned some kinds of extreme scenarios, and if we were able to step back we might be able to see that we had already planned for such extreme scenarios; however, when bitcoin ends up playing the extreme scenario that we had planned for, we sometimes might still end up abandoning our plan because when we get into the extreme scenario we end up failing to recognize and appreciate that we should either stick to the plan or maybe just tweak it a little bit rather than totally abandoning our previous preparations.

Even though frequently we might have tendencies to abandon our plans, I still think that it is quite a lot better to plan in advance, even if we end up abandoning some aspects of our plan (whether on purpose, on mistake our out of emotions).

This is the biggest milestone for the Philippines, Binance and Bitcoin

Cryptocurrency users in the Philippines are quite large, that university is making rapid steps in the adoption of cryptocurrencies.

What is that?  What is the thing that they are adopting?

Fuck shitcoins.. my new years resolution..

Oh?  it's October.

[edited out]

I am not talking about any shitcoin or getting out of BTC. I know this thread is relevant to BTC alone. You do not like other shitcoin I get it but I do not mind earning some quick money from that shitcoin if I got the opportunity because it doesn't force or encourage me to sell off my bitcoin holding for those shitcoin or any other fiat.

We are not talking about shitcoins here.. so it doesn't matter.  It is not relevant.  It's a topic for another thread, if you feel like discussing or maybe creating a thread.

I know there are thousands of shitcoin in the market and thousands more will come but BTC was here and will be here. Earning some quick profits from shitcoin will not divert my point of view.

There still is no reason to talk about it in this thread.

why?  Who cares about your profit or not profit?  this thread is not about how do you make profit.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 11:01:17 AM

Explanation
Rahul09

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Rex Coin

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 11:17:59 AM

BREAKING: 🇺🇸ex-Fed Chair Ben Bernanke awarded Nobel Prize in Economics for his work on "how financial crises should be managed."

Step 1. Create financial crisis yourself…

Source: BTC Archive
Morningstarr

Activity: 546
Merit: 78

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 11:54:03 AM

Ukraine is still on fire. One of the buonty manager (icopress) is also facing. Pray for all.

According to him Hundreds of missiles Russia has fired.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5415807.msg61094723#msg61094723
Almost everyone is condemning this attack, but Ukraine should have thought before attacking the bridge between Russia and Crimea that day was the Russian President's birthday. Icing on the cake. The West did very useless propaganda on this attack by saying that it was a birthday present for the Russian President. Can a dictator tolerate such disrespect? The person whose thinking starts with personal ego and ends with it, So this kind of reaction was bound to come after that. Even thousands of Russians who were against the decision of the Russian President to go to war turned after that attack their support turned to the Russian President. The reason is Ukraine chose the wrong time for an important attack.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 11:58:55 AM

Any altcoin creator should be rich or the risk is too high they will scam.

The problem is that most altcoin creators created the altcoin to get rich.

So I guess once something is relatively successful, users should see it as positive if the creators cashes out some millions. If it's done with transparency.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 12:01:22 PM

Explanation
log2exp

Activity: 176
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 12:02:44 PM

BREAKING: 🇺🇸ex-Fed Chair Ben Bernanke awarded Nobel Prize in Economics for his work on "how financial crises should be managed."

Step 1. Create financial crisis yourself…

Source: BTC Archive

Exactly, people in power create the problem first and coming out with the solution, acting like the savior.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1693

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2022, 12:25:24 PM

What's a buonty manager?

Also, I'm sick of hearing this prayer / little flag shite. There is no big sky daddy that is going to solve anything for you, no matter how much you wish for it.

Both Russia and Ukraine (with the heavy hand of NATO) are causing trouble as far as I can make out.

You mean like countries should not invade other countries?

BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2493

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 12:52:45 PM

What's a buonty manager?

You mean like countries should not invade other countries?

Yep and that includes USA and UK not invading Iraq on the basis of a lie, and Soviet Union wanting to place nukes on Cuba 60 years ago and USA/Kennedy threatening to invade / WWIII.
Etc

All a bunch of shite and unnecessary loss of life.
Pages: « 1 ... 31248 31249 31250 31251 31252 31253 31254 31255 31256 31257 31258 31259 31260 31261 31262 31263 31264 31265 31266 31267 31268 31269 31270 31271 31272 31273 31274 31275 31276 31277 31278 31279 31280 31281 31282 31283 31284 31285 31286 31287 31288 31289 31290 31291 31292 31293 31294 31295 31296 31297 [31298] 31299 31300 31301 31302 31303 31304 31305 31306 31307 31308 31309 31310 31311 31312 31313 31314 31315 31316 31317 31318 31319 31320 31321 31322 31323 31324 31325 31326 31327 31328 31329 31330 31331 31332 31333 31334 31335 31336 31337 31338 31339 31340 31341 31342 31343 31344 31345 31346 31347 31348 ... 33322 »
  Print  

Jump to: