May 03, 2024, 12:49:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 33008 33009 33010 33011 33012 33013 33014 33015 33016 33017 33018 33019 33020 33021 33022 33023 33024 33025 33026 33027 33028 33029 33030 33031 33032 33033 33034 33035 33036 33037 33038 33039 33040 33041 33042 33043 33044 33045 33046 33047 33048 33049 33050 33051 33052 33053 33054 33055 33056 33057 [33058] 33059 33060 33061 33062 33063 33064 33065 33066 33067 33068 33069 33070 33071 33072 33073 33074 33075 33076 33077 33078 33079 33080 33081 33082 33083 33084 33085 33086 33087 33088 33089 33090 33091 33092 33093 33094 33095 33096 33097 33098 33099 33100 33101 33102 33103 33104 33105 33106 33107 33108 ... 33318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371351 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 09:18:15 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Thanks for sharing your strategy, it's something close to what I imagine doing when I'm ready to make the exit move.

I have no doubt that 60k will come this week... and we would break the pattern if the ATH comes before the halving... In this case, breaking the pattern, I ask the more experienced here: What would be the thesis of identifying the target? since we would only have psychological targets... I know that no one has a crystal ball, but I wanted to know, if possible, what yours theory is.

In the bear market, I used partial purchases on a 50% price drop to take advantage of a possible pullback... and then larger entries on a 70-75% price drop from the ATH

However, I still feel a little unsure about identifying the target, I know that the best way is to gradually go out at the average price.

Unfortunately, or fortunately (depends on your point of view) I still need to use position trade to be able to build capital.
You should ask JJG about that.

Thanks for the sugestion.

@JayJuanGee Could you give your opinion on this? I know that it is practically impossible to predict exactly where the target will be and that is not exactly what I would like to know...

My case is that I still don't know how to identify the best exit regions.

Your withdrawal strategy is based on the exit moment after building capital, in my case I am still under construction. What would you do if you were in a capital construction situation? If you could share some knowledge so I can adapt my journey I would be very grateful.

Its not entirely obvious what you are asking?

What is "the target" or an "exit region" or "exit moment"?

If you are asking "what will be the top?" and "when should I sell?" then I would say to the first,  no one knows and to the second that depends on you and your personal situation.

What is your personal objective and financial timeframe? Little point having a 30 year plan if you are already 75!

Think about your objectives and determine a strategy that will help youmeet them. If you don't do that you will always be guessing and wondering what to do.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10207

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 09:54:43 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), xhomerx10 (1)

This feels right.  I think this is the best possible template for a WO commemorative throwing star Smiley  Now we need a die to stamp them out - got time for more gubmint work, sirazimuth?

Every year has green and red, yet sure at the same time, so far there have been 3 greens and 1 red in terms of overall direction for each of the cycles.. even though normies, no coiners, low coiners, precoiners don't necessarily recognize that even though there is a lot of volatility the historical direction has been UP and is likely going to continue to be UP, even though there are no guarantees...

and since there are no guarantees, normies get scared, and that is part of the reason that we are still early - while more and more of the BIGGER players are coming into bitcoin, but those of us who have been here for more than a few months have been able to front run them, except those of us who are newer - perhaps less than a whole cycle, have not had enough time to accumulate waht we believe to be enough coins.. .. and yeah there is going to be perceptions of not having enough coins in the beginning for those who are thinking about this properly.. but sure we are still early.. even though some richer and richer folks are getting into the game of hoarding cornz.

Some folks might not have had abilities to be aggressive in the earliest times of their BTC accumulation, yet bitcoin is not going to wait.. sorry about that.. and sorry if you feel that you are running after the train.. yet we are still relatively early, but maybe not as early as we wished we would have had been - and yeah there are guys/companies like MSTR that (who) have been into bitcoin less than a whole cycle, but surely we cannot argue that some of them had not had enough time to accumulate coins (Saylor/MSTR is just going on its (their) fourth year in July/August).

Those of us who had been somewhat aggressive in our BTC accumulation might not have had left as many coins for the now new comers to fight over, yet many of us likely were not able to be as aggressive as MSTR/Saylor, and we should still be fine..

Essentially what I am striving to say is..

Green and red in each year... and there are so many times that we feel the red more than the green, even though the reality of the matter is that so many of us in Bitcoin for a long time remain fortunate, if we had been erroring on the side of mostly accumulating and HODLing, and sure some of us, such as yours truly, sell along the way including selling all the way since 2015 - in the case of this here cat, but holy fucking shit even though the amount of the sales seems to be like a lot, some of us still have way enough cornz in light of how much we are able to sell - in a kind of sustainable withdrawal system, and still the value of our holdings still keeps going up.

I had posted the below example earlier today, and if you think about it, the value of the HOLDings in terms of valuing it with the 200-WMA still would have had gone up, even if there were a relatively aggressive withdrawals strategy of between 6% and gradually progressing to 6.5% that would have had started 17 months ago.. at more or less the bottom of the latest dip and even the worst BTC price performance - relative to the 200-WMA.

I just went back and did a quick calculation that even starting from October 2022 and with 21 BTC, even if we would have withdrawn at a 6% per year rate, and just do a quickie calculation of 0.1 BTC per month (even though the tool recommends to reduce the rate of withdrawal once the BTC price is less than 25% above the 200-WMA, but even if we withdrew 0.1 BTC for the last 17 months, we would end up with a reduction of our BTC holdings from 21 BTC to 19.3 BTC, and the 200-WMA value of the BTC holdings would have gone from $490k in October 2022 to $605k today.. of course BTC spot price is even greater, but this tool is attempting to help us to emphasize value based on the 200-WMA so that we are less likely to get caught up in the rash exuberance of BTC spot price changes, even though at the same time, we are advantaged to be able to sell BTC and to receive spot price which is usually (but not always) 25% or more higher than the 200-WMA.

See that experimental chart of 0.1 BTC withdrawal per month here:

Even though the flat rate is simpler to follow, it does not take advantage of either reductions or the advance months that the tool attempts to guide.. and of course, if we start with 0.1 BTC, in order to stick with 6%, we should be reducing the amount each month otherwise we are going to be withdrawing way more than 6%, but it still goes with my argument that it is my tentative conclusion that anywhere between 6% and 10% fit within levels of moderate sustainability.. and the more that you would use the guidelines of the tool, then the more likely you could gravitate more and more towards more aggressive levels of withdrawal while at the same time likely being able to retain the dollar value of your BTC holdings in light of its 200-WMA valuations.

This is it guys!

I got an email from an old friend, who had received an email from another old friend, who mistakenly thought that the former old friend was into Bitcoin.  He wants to get one before the price gets beyond his reach and is inquiring about mining.  Oh, he's also a grandfather! It's on!  To the moon.

edit:  Nice!  This indicator never fails.

That's crazy.

But that's how normie no coiners, low coiners and just realized-to-be precoiners roll.
decodx

Activity: 1428
Merit: 929

🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 10:00:06 PM
Merited by ivomm (1)

Can't believe I sold my holdings around $17K Dec 2022.

I can't believe I bought much of my holdings around $17k in late 2022! Thank you for that, by the way.  Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 10:03:23 PM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4338

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 10:11:36 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (23), bitmover (4), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), bitserve (1)

Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 10:22:30 PM

Roll Eyes

not investment advice but maybe...just maybe

buy as much bitcorn as you can, as often as you can and only sell what you absolutely need to, when you need to

in other words....hodl

-----------

'It's official..the New Nine Bitcoin ETFs have broken all time volume record today with $2.4b, just barely beating Day One but about double their recent daily average. $IBIT went wild accounting for $1.3b of it, breaking its record by about 30%.'

https://twitter.com/EricBalchunas/status/1762224483559977037
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 10:57:33 PM
Merited by criptoevangelista (2)

Things are about to get wild. Anybody looking at new cars yet? Hit me up for a free Tesla test drive. Lol

I thought a new all time high before the halving was an impossibility a few months ago. Now I’m wondering what is going to stop it from happening once we make another move up.

Well, yeah, the thing is that we are right between don't wake me up zone and no man's land, and so maybe part of the question remains whether we spent enough time in don't wake me up zone in order to make it all the way through no man's land.

I am not going to proclaim to know the answers, but it is not easy to stay asleep now that "we" and not even royal this time, are actually "on the edge"

I have no doubt that 60k will come this week... and we would break the pattern if the ATH comes before the halving...

Yeah, but so what?

Bitcoin is always breaking the pattern.

We do not have enough cycles to really lock in, even though all of the cycles end up resembling each other a lot in retrospect.

In this case, breaking the pattern, I ask the more experienced here: What would be the thesis of identifying the target?

What is the purpose of a target?  Selling at the top and buying back?  Many of us here are not playing that game, even though I know it can be tempting.  It seems if you have enough BTC, then you just shave some off at various points along the way, and if you do not have enough BTC, then you are not quite ready to be engaged in the shaving off methodology.

You have ONLY been registered on the forum for 6 months..

If we use your forum registration date as a proxy for when you got into BTC, then holy fucking shit, you have not even come close to being in BTC for a whole cycle..

What are you wanting to do?  Trade the cycle?  It is hard to presume that you have enough corn to be fucking around like that..

But hey you can do what you like..

There are a lot of guys that try to play the waves, and I don't recommend that approach, but hey you are your own person, so you can do what you like... and maybe it will work out and maybe you will be the exception.  They do exist, even though some of us prefer a more solid strategy.. which is accumulate, even though it is likely to hurt the first whole cycle.

since we would only have psychological targets... I know that no one has a crystal ball, but I wanted to know, if possible, what yours theory is.

there is psychological and financial.. and it seems to me that psychological follows from developing some kind of a good financial plan with good practices. then you should be able to rest.. even though the first whole cycle is likely going to be challenging..

In the bear market, I used partial purchases on a 50% price drop to take advantage of a possible pullback... and then larger entries on a 70-75% price drop from the ATH

Well maybe you have accumulated enough cornz, then?  But if you are still worried about if you have enough, then shouldn't you continue to buy until you get to the point of having enough?  Maybe you should tell us what you plan to do?

However, I still feel a little unsure about identifying the target, I know that the best way is to gradually go out at the average price.

Yeah, you are ONLY selling to buy back, and ultimately you don't have enough. .so you want to buy back... so you are hoping that the price drops after you sell... and it sounds like you want to sell everything... seems pretty risky.. but it might work out for you.

Perhaps? perhaps?

Unfortunately, or fortunately (depends on your point of view) I still need to use position trade to be able to build capital.

Not everyone believe that trading is a way to build capital. .especially with bitcoin...

[edited out]
Well what is your avg cost of your corn?
Ie if you spent 30k for 1 btc. and want to sell 10% right now at 53k it means you turned 3000 into 5300.

Since you want to trade you could do  a ladder up for 50% of your corn which is not terrible.
Ie out of 1 btc
0.1 at 53,100
0.1 at 58,300
0.1 at 63,200
0.1 at 68,100
0.1 at 74,050

I know traders want to play these swings, but much of that is in the middle of no man's zone... so if we go with your hypothetical, then you could have staggered sales like that, but I would probably cut them down by 75% or so, and so they might be 0.025-ish BTC each... especially if the goal might be to accumulate BTC... maybe once the price gets in the $80k territory, then maybe the ladder amounts could increase to 0.075 BTC or something like that for every $5k-ish price increase.

One of the problems with someone still wanting to accumulate, they might be selling with one hand and buying with the other, so sometimes it might be a bit difficult to make progress accumulating and keeping your head straight if your goal is to ultimately want to accumulate enough BTC to get to fuck you status or something like that.

that leaves you with .5 btc and over 31,675 cash

which would not be a terrible partial exit for a trader.

Doesn't seem that great to me to be selling half of your stash in the middle of no man's zone with an expectation of being able to buy back.. seems a little retarded, if you really think about it.

To all dca and hodl people the above is a method for a person looking to trade.

I doubt that criptoevangelista is really a trader, even though he believes that he needs to employ trading strategies.. ..  

A lot of these guys are trying to accumulate more bitcoin (or other kinds of wealth) so that they can get themselves to a position to have a lot of value, but they are afraid of BTC's volatility so they don't want to be sitting in negative value while they are accumulating coins.. so maybe they have impatience.. but they may well never get to a state of solid positive values if they are fucking around with selling too much too soon... especially if they are still pretty early in their BTC accumulation stage of their BTC journey.

myself
I held 85% of my btc

That is a good idea.  If you are ONLY selling 15% of your holdings, then that would be more practical.. so why the fuck didn't you suggest that criptoevangelista only sell 15% of his holdings?

Historically you did not hold 85% of your BTC, so maybe you are changing your strategy.. which that is a good sign, even for an old-bugger like you... but the thing is that you likely want to stay somewhat more liquid or to be able to dip into your principle, since you are more elderly, so for you, it may well be safer to have more in cash than someone who is not as elderly.. .but yeah, I am not sure about the balance, because a person who is regularly investing might keep 3-6 months in an emergency fund and even longer than that if they have unstable finances, and they may well have other reserves and a float depending on what they are doing.. ..

yet a more elderly person might have way more cash, whether it is earning for them or not, and part of the reason that they can keep so much cash would be that they may well have 5 to 20 years of income in the their principle in some kind of cold storage.. that is presuming if they have not made it to entry level fuck you status which is to have 20 to 30 years of their principle in more of a cold storage... and yeah, of course the cold storage of assets does not have to ONLY be bitcoin, even though many of have likely learned ways to keep decent amounts of bitcoin as our value.

and did a ladder up that still has 2 legs left.

I have two sell orders in
61,1[u]xx[/u]
69,7xx

FTFY I hope that you are making those numbers up, since it is probably not a good practice to be sharing exact numbers.. not only for yourself, but to set good examples for other members who might not realize any possible impact.

I am doing a dca with my signature earnings

Aren't you paid in bitcoin?  That just means that whenever you get paid, you hang onto the proceeds from your signature campaign.. . and yeah, guys could do that partly in terms of hanging onto the BTC from their signature campaign or even all of the proceeds from their signature campaign, as you seem to be saying that you are doing.

[edited out]

I already chimed in.. I couldn't help my lil selfie.

I doubt that my answer is what any trader wannabe newbie is going to want to hear... but we are in a public thread, so the answer is an attempt to be somewhat generic...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 11:01:24 PM

Explanation
Gachapin

Activity: 910
Merit: 1862

bitcoin retard

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 11:06:13 PM
Merited by jojo69 (1)

only +27% left for a new ATH

for a correct measurement we actually should account for inflation
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 11:08:43 PM

Everybody buys Bitcoin at the price they deserve.TM

Why do I sense ATH will come B4 the 1/2ing?

....because Adam Back told you so months ago?  Grin
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 11:27:30 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Toxic2040 (1), smartcomet (1)

Born Today 121AD

Antonius Marcus Aurelius, He was the last of the so-called Five Good Emperors. He was a practitioner of Stoicism, and his untitled writing, commonly known as Meditations
https://twitter.com/romanhistory1/status/1762091139014799531

if you havent seen his writings i encourage you to take a look

https://ia804703.us.archive.org/26/items/meditationsofmar00marc/meditationsofmar00marc.pdf

The great thing about Meditations is that he wrote the passages as his own personal musings, never with any intention of them being read by anyone other than himself. That makes his writings even more remarkable, imo. A main premise behind stoicism is not to worry about those things which are out of your control:

"The chief task in life is simply this: to identify and separate matters so that I can say clearly to myself which are externals not under my control, and which have to do with the choices I actually control. Where then do I look for good and evil? Not to uncontrollable externals, but within myself to the choices that are my own..."[Epictetus]

I reckon Marcus Aurelius would have chosen to be a bitcoin maxi and a hodler.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 11:37:51 PM

Shocked
What happened?
ETFs forced to buy on actual spot market?  Kiss
 Cool

EDIT: I was about to miss those multi $k candles  Grin

I am thinking that might end up happening, and they might try to hide it by spreading it out, but if there are ONLY so many cornze to go around, what do they think is going to happen?

Bitcoin is going irrevocable to $1.000.000 before 2030 not $0.

But what does "irrevocable" mean?

you mean when it gets to supra $1 million, but it does not correct back down again?

That 2030 could be, but that seems a bit too bullish.

My entry-level fuck you status chart shows $1million as the bottom in about mid-2043, and sure I admit that my chart might be too conservative, but 13 years too conservative?  That's why I think that we might be toying around with $1 million and probably higher in 2030, but I have my doubts about it being the bottom by that time.. that would be overly-bullish.. and sure it could happen, but seems like a long shot..

ALL YEAR HIGH

60k is knocking on the door.
Can't believe I sold my holdings around $17K Dec 2022.
Well Current holding already higher but it still hurts
And now Bitcoin is enroute $60K.

Bought some around 50700 with stop loss at $49K in binance
This I plan on not holding
I find it weird am seeing profit but too scared to sell off some.
And my decision already paying off
Sell limit lined up around $59-60K.

Already deleted my electrum wallet
Only the address available for DCA
Dollar is increasing more in relation to my countries currency.
So I chose to separate my holding stash from the current one. 

Wow.  You sound like a real weak hand wannabe.

Even though you screwed up, you should just start to DCA and forget about it for 4-6 years or maybe even DCA for 10 years and then reconsider the matter. 

But yeah, maybe you are just putting in too much, and you feel like you cannot afford to lose anything, so you might have to reduce your amount.

I tend to recommend $100 per week, but for you I will recommend $10 per week, even though I don't know anything about your finances... .. but you gotta find an amount that it does not bother you.. and for many people in the west, they can do $100 per week.. .

Anyhow, if you had invested $10 per week in the last 2 years, then you would have invested a total of $1,050 and you would have had accumulated right around 0.04561 BTC (worth around $2,488.71), and yeah it is not a killer amount, yet we can imagine 10x that amount if we were to have had invested $100 per week... but anyhow, you don't seem to have enough will power to invest higher amounts, so just stick with the lower amounts and invest the next 10 years or so, and reassess along the way if you can increase your DCA amount, and don't even think about selling for the next 10 years, and in 10 years, you may well have invested a decent amount. and perhaps you might get some appreciation of value and more options, and if you don't get more options, then you have not gone wrong with $10 per week in order to find out if you might have more options down the road... .

And if you end up doing it for 10 years, then maybe you can continue to do it, and you might even realize that you should increase the amount so that you are able to profit more and to NOT be fucking around with selling before you get enough of the cornz to actually make a difference..

but hey whatever, I am not making this post just for you, since you seem to be a bit of a lost cause in terms of being so anxious to sell the asset that is amongst the best (if not the best) asset ever known to man..
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2024, 12:01:18 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2024, 12:21:39 AM
Merited by tertius993 (1), DirtyKeyboard (1)

Thanks for sharing your strategy, it's something close to what I imagine doing when I'm ready to make the exit move.

You have to go with your own senses, if you are "ready to exit."  No one can really tell you, and you have to figure out if you want dollar profits in the short term.. and then what is that going to get you?  Yeah, you really  seem to want to buy back cheaper.. but is that going to happen, and is it worth it to give up your BTC for the possibility of buying back cheaper that might not happen.

No one can tell you this. . You have to figure it out on your own... because if the price drops and you did not sell then you will be blaming others for telling you to not be selling.

[edited out]
Thanks for the sugestion.

@JayJuanGee Could you give your opinion on this? I know that it is practically impossible to predict exactly where the target will be and that is not exactly what I would like to know...

My case is that I still don't know how to identify the best exit regions.

Of course, I have largely already responded to most of this.

You might realize that my own strategies does not rely on identifying exit points, and largely what I do is sell small amounts without any expectation of buying back, so in order to do that, you need to have enough BTC and perhaps more than enough BTC so that you are not bothered selling any of it.  My raking approach to BTC selling presumes over accumulation of BTC.. and so it does not presume any ability to buy back, even though you could still assign a probability that you might be able to buy back, but from my perspective, the safer underlying assumption is to presume that you are not going to be able to buy back, so then you end up not selling as much and you might choose not to sell any until the price reaches a point in which you might be willing  to shave somme off.. yet that still has to do with your having had accumulated enough (and perhaps too much).

Your withdrawal strategy is based on the exit moment after building capital, in my case I am still under construction.

Exactly.. neither the sustainable withdrawal strategy or the raking strategy seem to apply to you, even though you can tweak them in ways to try to use some of their parameters, but I surely am not suggesting them for accumulating BTC, even though they can be used that way as long as you have enough or more than enough.. . .

so you could actually purposefully over prepare for up in order that you are willing to sell at various points on the way up because you overly stocked up on BTC, yet whenever you overly stock up you have to prepare for the price to go down, too.. so you have to be careful that even if you overly stock up, you are not putting yourself into jeopardy in the event that the BTC price either does not go up or the opposite in which it ends up going down and you are not able to sell any at your various price points along the way up.

What would you do if you were in a capital construction situation? If you could share some knowledge so I can adapt my journey I would be very grateful.

Of course the other part that you need to do is to make sure that you have a solid enough emergency fund, reserves and a float... otherwise you are gambling.  I don't recommend gambling and most of the time trading is gambling, especially if you have not spent enough time building your BTC holdings.  

So my recommendation is to keep building your BTC by buying BTC.. sure you can lump sum, DCA and buy on dips.. but you also have to make sure that you have enough of an emergency fund and reserves, and the more solid your emergency fund and reserves, then the more aggressive that you are going to be in your BTC accumulation.. so a lot of people don't even save/invest 10% of their salary, but if you are able to establish really solid foundations, then you might be able to invest 30% to 50% of your salary until you get to a stronger position..

And if you tell me that your country sucks and your location sucks and you cannot earn income and the only way to earn income is by trading, then sure no problem, you could be learning trading skills, but still does not seem to be very smart to be trading bitcoin, but you might be able to find various kinds of ways to trade, make money and to stack additional bitcoin, especially if you believe that you can make more money trading than from a regular job.. but if you are just deluding yourself, you might be better to improve your regular job rather than fucking around with trading if you don't really know what you are doing because trading can be quite problematic if you are not sure about how to identify good trades beyond just following influencers or some other problematic ways of figuring it out..

Anyhow, I am not recommending trading even though there could be some guys who are able to make more money through trading than they can in their country.. and they might be able to stack more bitcoin that way.. perhaps? perhaps?  you still have to feed and house yourself and other expenses that you likely have.

-because you are omniscient.

Perhaps? asking for a friend

[edited out]
hmm Nov 2021

I was at x btc
and Feb 2024
I am at x btc

But I was some debt now zero
I was x cash now 2x cash
I was 0  I bonds now some I bonds.
I was x of silver now  more than 4x that.

and November 2021 marked the peak of last bull run.

Your post reminded me to go back.

I was actually trying to find some kind of record in which the BTC price was closest to today, so I had seen something that was December 31, 2021 or may as well call it January 1, 2022... so then these kinds of comparisons can be helpful in terms of figuring out the comparisons.. and I have done that previously, but sometimes the old records are not adequate in terms of when I might have had saved some documents to show a comparison.

After I made that last post, I also looked at my projected BTC sales, so even though right now it appears that I am with about 1.5% more BTC, I can look at my charts and if the BTC price shot up without any corrections and/or abilities to buy back, it looks like my BTC balance would be the same as it was on January 1, 2022 at the time that the BTC price were to hit $120k.

In other words, I am projected to sell about 1.5% of my current BTC stash between current prices and $120k, as long as the BTC price does not correct, and I consider that it is good for us to consider those kinds of possibilities, because sometimes in bitcoinlandia, we have experienced times that the BTC price goes up and it really does not correct very much.

We could even see that happen from around mid October to present, and probably we could even go all the way to the local bottom of $24,920 on September 10, 2023.  There have not been very many great corrections.

Even this whole cycle, from the $15,479 bottom in November 2022, there have ONLY been a few corrections that would have had been greater than 15%.. so that largely means selling all the way up and needing to be prepared for the situation that we might not be able to buy back.. so any sales that we make should take that into account.

[edited out]
Its not entirely obvious what you are asking?

What is "the target" or an "exit region" or "exit moment"?

If you are asking "what will be the top?" and "when should I sell?" then I would say to the first,  no one knows and to the second that depends on you and your personal situation.

What is your personal objective and financial timeframe? Little point having a 30 year plan if you are already 75!

Think about your objectives and determine a strategy that will help youmeet them. If you don't do that you will always be guessing and wondering what to do.

Good point.

And that was your namesake post with 993 posts and 993 activity.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2024, 01:03:24 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2024, 01:10:18 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2024, 01:35:07 AM by JayJuanGee

Party poop.

Adam Back said $100k before the halvening.

He is not looking so dumb, now.

By the way, I was going to say something in one of my other posts about this supposed abnormal event if we were to have an ATH prior to the halvening, but I forgot...

I am thinking that it is not so abnormal to be visiting these prices again, if you think about the extent to which we had a whimpy blow off top last time around, and we had a lot of beating up of the BTC price in the last two years, and especially for the period of about mid-2022 to late 2023.. .. so in that regard, we spent a lot of time in historical abnormally low levels, and so if we make up for those historically abnormal levels in the other direction, that does not seem so weird, and making up for it kind of goes together and potentially attempts to put bitcoin back to where it should have had been in terms of its ongoing natural growth and maybe even might bring it back to a more fair price (rather than being overly suppressed)..

and yes, that's just a theory, because we cannot really know how much the price of dee cornz might have had been overly suppressed between mid-2022 and late 2023.. including that some matters had to get sorted out, too.. . and who knows of the various kinds of worlds that might have had been if some of the seeming froth and bad actors had not been weeded out.. and I am not even suggesting that all of the bad actors have all been weeded out or that the new potentially bad actors are going to be any better than the earlier ones. they just likely do their bad acting in different kinds of ways that may or may not end up being corn-compatible.
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
February 27, 2024, 01:34:30 AM

Party poop.

I must admit I had exactly the same phrase in mind writing that.

But then I recognized it's the opposite:  when you correct for inflation the upside potential in $ terms gets even bigger...

Adam Back said $100k before the halvening.

He is not looking so dumb, now.

can't imagine how Adam Back ever appears dumb
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7834

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2024, 01:56:13 AM

55555 was passed which is nice.

but how do I like it more more more comes to mind.

there was a sale for 55.9k

and a very quick 56.1k popped up
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2024, 02:03:25 AM

Explanation
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4338

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 27, 2024, 02:03:37 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 33008 33009 33010 33011 33012 33013 33014 33015 33016 33017 33018 33019 33020 33021 33022 33023 33024 33025 33026 33027 33028 33029 33030 33031 33032 33033 33034 33035 33036 33037 33038 33039 33040 33041 33042 33043 33044 33045 33046 33047 33048 33049 33050 33051 33052 33053 33054 33055 33056 33057 [33058] 33059 33060 33061 33062 33063 33064 33065 33066 33067 33068 33069 33070 33071 33072 33073 33074 33075 33076 33077 33078 33079 33080 33081 33082 33083 33084 33085 33086 33087 33088 33089 33090 33091 33092 33093 33094 33095 33096 33097 33098 33099 33100 33101 33102 33103 33104 33105 33106 33107 33108 ... 33318 »
  Print  

Jump to: