May 12, 2024, 12:48:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8382 8383 8384 8385 8386 8387 8388 8389 8390 8391 8392 8393 8394 8395 8396 8397 8398 8399 8400 8401 8402 8403 8404 8405 8406 8407 8408 8409 8410 8411 8412 8413 8414 8415 8416 8417 8418 8419 8420 8421 8422 8423 8424 8425 8426 8427 8428 8429 8430 8431 [8432] 8433 8434 8435 8436 8437 8438 8439 8440 8441 8442 8443 8444 8445 8446 8447 8448 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 8462 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 8474 8475 8476 8477 8478 8479 8480 8481 8482 ... 33343 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:01:24 AM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 10:11:19 AM

I think this will be the last couple of days that 400 holds, I think we will be visiting 300-360 soon enough.

same, generally, but the time part is so hard to nail down. it's impossible to get the short term details right, but everything has been pointing for me to that general range. we could bounce a bit, hell, given all the shorts taken out at 400, we could bounce 30 or 40 points, but i think low-mid 300s are coming in the next couple weeks.

There are no buyers. It's that simple. The result of 9 months of dumping and chasing cheap coins.
Everybody thought that after crashing down tons of buyers were dying to get in with cheap coins. Nope. There is nobody.
Now of course i keep reading we need to hit 350 before we can get back up. And after that 260. Well, these new buyers won't suddenly appear then. Also there is no guarantee we will go back again. As i keep saying one day it will stop. People will get tired of losing money. Of getting dumped on by traders every time they invest some money.
For now the Bitcoin hype is over and we better hope for something good to happen or all your cheap coins will be just that. Cheap coins.
The question is will we learn from this situation. And the answer is most likely no.  

There has been tons of buyers that is why the price recovered to 600$ + a few months ago and there is still a lot of buyers but there is a lot of sellers as well and a lot of new coins hit the market

The Bitcoin hype will come back when the fiat currencies will show what they truly are : manipulated, inflated and unreliable for store of value
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:12:05 AM

Hey. I just peeked into the future, and I saw bitcoin everywhere. Bullish!

That may be, but in the short term, this hasn't turned bullish. Every bounce has been a fakeout, just a short squeeze. No real reversal.

Not that I wouldn't love to see reversal.... Undecided
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:15:06 AM

snip

The Bitcoin hype will come back when the fiat currencies will show what they truly are : manipulated, inflated and unreliable for store of value

No, the BTC hype will come back when the price will break the ATH, and this may happen around the middle of 2015.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:22:30 AM

I think this will be the last couple of days that 400 holds, I think we will be visiting 300-360 soon enough.

Didn't you know that we are NEVER gonna see $410 EVER again?

CUT YOUR LOOSE!!!!!!
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:34:31 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 10:45:10 AM by ShroomsKit

same, generally, but the time part is so hard to nail down. it's impossible to get the short term details right, but everything has been pointing for me to that general range. we could bounce a bit, hell, given all the shorts taken out at 400, we could bounce 30 or 40 points, but i think low-mid 300s are coming in the next couple weeks.

There are no buyers. It's that simple. The result of 9 months of dumping and chasing cheap coins.
Everybody thought that after crashing down tons of buyers were dying to get in with cheap coins. Nope. There is nobody.
Now of course i keep reading we need to hit 350 before we can get back up. And after that 260. Well, these new buyers won't suddenly appear then. Also there is no guarantee we will go back again. As i keep saying one day it will stop. People will get tired of losing money. Of getting dumped on by traders every time they invest some money.
For now the Bitcoin hype is over and we better hope for something good to happen or all your cheap coins will be just that. Cheap coins.
The question is will we learn from this situation. And the answer is most likely no.  

There has been tons of buyers that is why the price recovered to 600$ + a few months ago and there is still a lot of buyers but there is a lot of sellers as well and a lot of new coins hit the market

But this is not a few months ago. A few months ago tons of people started buying because they expected the price to go up. Instead they got dumped on, day after day. They sold and left and won't make that mistake again. Neither will all the people who watched it happen from the sidelines. You see, that's the "problem". These people actually do learn from their mistakes.

Keep in mind that pretty much everyone who invested in Bitcoin this year lost money. Almost a full year. Exactly at the time everyone expected something great to happen. This damaged Bitcoin so much. So many here underestimate this. They think they just can keep crashing the market, pick up cheap coins and go back up again. You can't.

After 5 or 6 years now investors are gonna say fuck it. I'm not gonna put money in something and get dumped on day after day by greedy traders obsessed with cheap coins. The previous years was ok for that. Not anymore. This year was the year to get serious. But everyone who tried to invest lost their money because of traders and dumpers. What do you expect them to do? Invest again?
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:42:11 AM

Hey. I just peeked into the future, and I saw bitcoin everywhere. Bullish!

That may be, but in the short term, this hasn't turned bullish. Every bounce has been a fakeout, just a short squeeze. No real reversal.

Not that I wouldn't love to see reversal.... Undecided

At least, we are above the ATL  (all time low)  Smiley

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:55:58 AM

But this is not a few months ago. A few months ago tons of people started buying because they expected the price to go up. Instead they got dumped on, day after day. They sold and left and won't make that mistake again. Neither will all the people who watched it happen from the sidelines. You see, that's the "problem". These people actually do learn from their mistakes.

Keep in mind that pretty much everyone who invested in Bitcoin this year lost money. Almost a full year. Exactly at the time everyone expected something great to happen. This damaged Bitcoin so much. So many here underestimate this. They think they just can keep crashing the market, pick up cheap coins and go back up again. You can't.

After 5 or 6 years now investors are gonna say fuck it. I'm not gonna put money in something and get dumped on day after day by greedy traders obsessed with cheap coins. The previous years was ok for that. Not anymore. This year was the year to get serious. But everyone who tried to invest lost their money because of traders and dumpers. What do you expect them to do? Invest again?
From what you wrote, BTC seems a pure bubble and people buy it only because it will rise overnight. If that's sure, it's better to see BTC dies now than later. Maybe your account was newly bought, otherwise really sad to see a Hero Member saying such thing here.
dakota neat

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:56:49 AM

You bears are too greedy, you are forming an invers bubble
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:01:24 AM

Explanation
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:02:48 AM

This is good news IMO. I hope people remember the lessons learned from getting burned in a speculative bubble for a long time. Bitcoin will continue to gain usage if it is going to, fewer incautious speculators will lose their savings, the world will be a slightly better place.
Room101

Activity: 541
Merit: 362

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:09:06 AM

From what you wrote, BTC seems a pure bubble and people buy it only because it will rise overnight. If that's sure, it's better to see BTC dies now than later. Maybe your account was newly bought, otherwise really sad to see a Hero Member saying such thing here.

+1
SFHere

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:09:30 AM

I know there are many different thoughts on this monday matter and the upcoming weeks. But I personally would like to see bitcoin come up. I don't think a drop to sub 300 is going to help bitcoin in the long run. That's because I feel that sub 300 will hurt miners and will create a general distrust in bitcoin. But what do I know....

I'll just consider this as a wish contributed to the wishing well. Maybe it will help offset some of that fear mongering I've been seeing lately.
ShroomsKit

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:22:18 AM

Uh no. I was actually talking about investors who believe in Bitcoin. I don't care people who do it just for the money if they lose it. I'm talking about the people Bitcoin needs. They get scared away by traders and dumpers.
ShroomsKit

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:23:03 AM

+1

+1 what? An opinion of a guy who doesn't understand what he reads?
ShroomsKit

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:25:25 AM

I know there are many different thoughts on this monday matter and the upcoming weeks. But I personally would like to see bitcoin come up. I don't think a drop to sub 300 is going to help bitcoin in the long run. That's because I feel that sub 300 will hurt miners and will create a general distrust in bitcoin. But what do I know....

I'll just consider this as a wish contributed to the wishing well. Maybe it will help offset some of that fear mongering I've been seeing lately.

Of course going down even more won't help anything.
It's a myth that is created here that returns during every crash. "We need to crash to xxx before we can go up again".
Sandia

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:27:22 AM

I think you are off track.
BTC is supposed to be a currency.  As a personal example, I travel to Thailand once or twice per year for business.  I don't mind keeping a few hundred USD in Thai baht when I leave, since the value is reasonably stable against the dollar (usually rising, in fact).

Now, btc, as a currency, has devalued by 60 or 70% in 10 months.  Price = exchange rate.  It takes 3 btc to buy the same Dell laptop that cost 1 btc last year.

I won't even mention store of value, which is my intended use.  
And, a greater market cap (or whatever term you want to use) allows btc to be used for many more applications.

To pretend the price/exchange rate/value is unimportant is insane.  If it is supposed to be a currency, then it definitely matters.
ravenjt

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:33:20 AM

Still waiting for dem USD 300 coinz  Grin

The sell pressure looks like it's building up again. The next step down, to either 350 or 300 looks likely over the next week, imo.
Your dream may be fulfilled in the next few weeks!
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:36:26 AM

Gentlemen, make it do something!

Sandia

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:38:32 AM

Still waiting for dem USD 300 coinz  Grin

The sell pressure looks like it's building up again. The next step down, to either 350 or 300 looks likely over the next week, imo.
Your dream may be fulfilled in the next few weeks!

That will be tough.  It is 20k coins down to 349 on Bfx alone.  It is possible, but would take a lot of time and real effort.

I have been predicting 340 for a month, but I am beginning to doubt it.
Pages: « 1 ... 8382 8383 8384 8385 8386 8387 8388 8389 8390 8391 8392 8393 8394 8395 8396 8397 8398 8399 8400 8401 8402 8403 8404 8405 8406 8407 8408 8409 8410 8411 8412 8413 8414 8415 8416 8417 8418 8419 8420 8421 8422 8423 8424 8425 8426 8427 8428 8429 8430 8431 [8432] 8433 8434 8435 8436 8437 8438 8439 8440 8441 8442 8443 8444 8445 8446 8447 8448 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 8462 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 8474 8475 8476 8477 8478 8479 8480 8481 8482 ... 33343 »
  Print  

Jump to: