Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:36:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In what situation would Bitcoin die?  (Read 101750 times)
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:31:29 AM

In what situation would bitcoin die ? Its million dollar question. When globally all government band bitcoin then bitcoin will die. When all people don't use it then bitcoin will die.when another popular cryptocurrency coming.
because the big user bitcoin is from China and Russia, I don't think it needs to be globally, but large countries such as the USA, Russia and China if banned then bitcoin immediately die.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:50:23 PM

In what situation would bitcoin die ? Its million dollar question. When globally all government band bitcoin then bitcoin will die. When all people don't use it then bitcoin will die.when another popular cryptocurrency coming.
because the big user bitcoin is from China and Russia, I don't think it needs to be globally, but large countries such as the USA, Russia and China if banned then bitcoin immediately die.
I don't think if that happen then bitcoin will stay alive and it will not die because there is still a lot of supporters from any part of the world and even though they will ban bitcoin then the price will just go down and a few decrease in the number of user but in the end of the day bitcoin will stay fight and live longer than you thought.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:12:27 PM

I think when bitcoin use in some illegal activities like buying drugs, illegal guns and some ban items that can't use in the a country. So there is a factor that bitcoin is force to ban permanently by the government.
but you should never buy drugs and or guns with bitcoin because bitcoin is digital currency and you can use your bitcoin for online transaction and there is no one selling drugs or guns with bitcoin and we know that we can buy drugs and guns with dollars but dollars is still do not ban by any country.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:14:18 PM

Bitcoin won't die if it will be banned by all governments, that's the idea. And there are many popular cryptos around already, yet BTC is alive.  And I can't imagine a situation when all the people in the world would stop using bitcoin unless the Internet dies of course. I think we have all the reasons to suppose that bitcoin will never die.
tayrey

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:25:16 PM

The only thing that could kill bitcoin is probably a major crash like 95%+ of its value that makes everyone even the most adament hodlers lose all belief in its future. I think this is such an unlikely scenario though as too many people have too much invested in its success.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 04:18:32 PM

China has already tried something to that tune

The Chinese central bank tried that even twice. The first time it had some impact on Bitcoin price (Bitcoin flash crashed to around 750 dollars per coin), the second time no one was giving a fuck any more about China (that's likely why we didn't see the next installment), and Bitcoin after that grew only stronger. Russian ban will be utterly inconsequential, that's why the Russian government had been only pouring threats and curses but didn't do anything toward actually banning Bitcoin. Regarding the US, come and take it, as some dude said here

savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:35:47 PM

The only thing that could kill bitcoin is probably a major crash like 95%+ of its value that makes everyone even the most adament hodlers lose all belief in its future. I think this is such an unlikely scenario though as too many people have too much invested in its success.

I agree with you buddy, bitcoin would disappear if there is a major crash. We all have witnessed that sort of crash when one of the major exchanges in Japan collapsed and it affected the bitcoin price very badly but it regained the situation. I think only thing that can kill bitcoin is another cryptocurrency which has more features than bitcoin.
planfox

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:01:05 PM

I agree with you buddy, bitcoin would disappear if there is a major crash. We all have witnessed that sort of crash when one of the major exchanges in Japan collapsed and it affected the bitcoin price very badly but it regained the situation. I think only thing that can kill bitcoin is another cryptocurrency which has more features than bitcoin.

Now I do not believe that there will be a cryptocurrency, which will become more popular than bitcoin. Bitcoin has already taken a leading position. And the only thing that kills him is the hostile attitude of the governments of different countries to the cryptocurrency.
Wintorez

Activity: 109
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:37:03 PM

Now I do not believe that there will be a cryptocurrency, which will become more popular than bitcoin. Bitcoin has already taken a leading position. And the only thing that kills him is the hostile attitude of the governments of different countries to the cryptocurrency.
In today's situation, I think it's very stupid to think that Bitcoin will fall or die, and if something else seems to someone, then let's see the latest reports from the stock exchange.

............It's never late to buy BTC for $1.........
........Services-backed cryptocurrency of $1 000 000 000 000 market .........
...........PRE ICO            Sep.27 – Oct.04............
       ............ICO            Oct.10 – Nov.07............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:47:07 PM

The Chinese central bank tried that even twice. The first time it had some impact on Bitcoin price (Bitcoin flash crashed to around 750 dollars per coin), the second time no one was giving a fuck any more about China (that's likely why we didn't see the next installment), and Bitcoin after that grew only stronger. Russian ban will be utterly inconsequential, that's why the Russian government had been only pouring threats and curses but didn't do anything toward actually banning Bitcoin. Regarding the US, come and take it, as some dude said here
I don't think so even if Bitcoin is banned in those countries it won't stop Bitcoin users from that country to use Bitcoin. Want proof? Look at the alexa ranking of top faucet sites and you will see those countries are on the list of the most users in that faucet site. Banning without any other ways of implementing the law is a useless way because people still finds a way to do what they want. Even if it is, the effect on the market will just have a correction and new players might enter from a different country.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:09:57 PM

Internet and computer are why Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency exist today. If there is a mass failure of internet or computer, Bitcoin would be affected as well. The only thing I know that's capable of causing major damage to both is Powerful Solar flare hitting our Planet.
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 07:14:19 PM

Bitcoin or other crypto-currency could die if no one is interested in using bitcoin, When the demand of bitcoin is decreased, When the government starts taking place in bitcoins.
I think bitcoin will not die, It's demand is increasing very quickly on a daily basis, you can see the number of transaction increasing daily which exactly means people are getting interested in using bitcoins.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
VitorPl4y

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:19:49 PM

only in case of a HUGE crash caused because of a major hacking or maybe the usa, europe and russia making the usage of bitcoin a crime.
no cryptocurrency will kill bitcoin, because btc is the mother of all coins. it will always be like this
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 05:45:11 AM

I don't think so even if Bitcoin is banned in those countries it won't stop Bitcoin users from that country to use Bitcoin. Want proof? Look at the alexa ranking of top faucet sites and you will see those countries are on the list of the most users in that faucet site. Banning without any other ways of implementing the law is a useless way because people still finds a way to do what they want. Even if it is, the effect on the market will just have a correction and new players might enter from a different country

It looks like you are disagreeing with my post

So what exactly do you disagree with? What specifically do you not think so? I'm telling you essentially the same, i.e. that banning Bitcoin would not have an effect that the authorities might be looking for. Moreover, since I answered some dude with Napole0n as nickname, I wanted (but refrained) from citing what real Napoleon had said on this account. He said that you should not forbid what you lack the power to prevent (or something to that tune)

Blackwhite69

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:51:50 AM

Bitcoin will never die because is permanently in the history books but Bitcoin will get a decrease and increase in price.  Wink
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 05:59:48 AM

President Trump here,

I'm proud to announce that with our partners from all over the world not just the big G7, but Russia, China and all the important UN members have agreed to ratify the Freedom Of Currency act. This is going to be yuuuuggggeeee.

Many of of our citizens have been telling me there lose their savings with this bitcioin. Also terrorist use this bitcion. The drug dealers use the Bitcoin. Bitcion is a bad thing.

It's also affecting the real money our dollar, but not only our real money, but also The Euro, Mr. Putin's Russian Rubble. I want to protect the freedom of our real money for our citizens.

I'm proud to say that Bitcion has been banned. As of today, anyone who is cought aiding and/or abbetting with this criminal scam called bitcioin will be arrested and charged with a first degree felony. Not only if you buy or sell but if you tell others about this criminal bitcion.

I'm very proud to create this world partnership whit my leadership and securing our freedom of currency.

God Bless American and Good Bless the Real Money the US Dollar!

I know that 99% of non American's will not touch Bitcion after that announcement if their country would sign up on something like that. I know my country sends america my bank information just because America wants so I think if America pushes to make bittcion a terorist coin you can kiss it goodbuy.

Anyway something like this would kill bitcoin i think and then they just get agresive to intrude our computers to "protect our freedom" and when see a bitcion on our computer or phone they freeze the computer and arest us.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NatsuDragneel

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:25:07 AM

If there is no electricity in our world. For sure bitcoin will die and also us humans will die if there are no electricity in near future. We need to use renewable energy for us to have a long lasting electricity.
Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:31:46 AM

I think a lot of things that can make a bitcoin will die, and the main factor is bitcoin users, when they leave the bitcoin then bitcoin soon die, otherwise it is altcoin that is increasingly making popular bitcoin, in nothing altcoin bitcoin will die faster.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:31:12 AM

If there is no electricity in our world. For sure bitcoin will die and also us humans will die if there are no electricity in near future. We need to use renewable energy for us to have a long lasting electricity.
Electricity is only applicable to bitcoin because without that then bitcoin cannot reach humans to use it and buy it so it will eventually die but in terms of humans they can still survive if there is no electricity because if not then how the humans back in the old days survive without electricity?
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 09:33:34 AM

Electricity is only applicable to bitcoin because without that then bitcoin cannot reach humans to use it and buy it so it will eventually die but in terms of humans they can still survive if there is no electricity because if not then how the humans back in the old days survive without electricity?

Doesn't have to be just electricity they can kill the internet or just restrict http: protocol to "approved" websites. How is your BTC client going to transmit then?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: