Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623954 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:51:30 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 05:02:46 PM by Its About Sharing

Seven "Complete BitBurner XX Modules with attached heat-sink" for sale

We´ve placed two orders with very low (!  Smiley) order numbers at http://www.burninmining.com. As we´ve already requested refund from zefir for the avalon chips we intend to sell these orders to people who have avalon chips but haven´t placed a order for a bitburner yet.

order #324:
- 5 x Complete BitBurner Module with attached heat-sink (20 chips per board)
- 2 x CAN-BUS Stacking cable
- standard shipping

price: €673.54

order #339
- 2 x Complete BitBurner Module with attached heat-sink (20 chips per board)
- standard shipping

price €279.65

Whoever is interested may send my a pn.
This offer is only valid under the condition that burnin allows a transfer of his orders.

I'll take the second one (2X20) if Burnin allows it, but don't you need the stacking cable? Will wait for confirmation from Burnin though.
Also, todays price is 267.75 with heatsinks, stacking cable, standard shipping & VAT. Did prices change?

IAS

I'm going to wait till all this straightens itself out. Retracting that "bid".

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:57:00 PM

I have 30 preordered boards. Cheesy

#4xx
finnzwerg

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:03:15 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 06:01:51 PM by finnzwerg

I am sorry to heare that you will stop selling to endusers Cry

But I think that is the best way for getting high quality products developed in hamburg - germany.
Because you can concentrate on getting the the new boards running and in production.
Can't wait for the new boards =)

Guys remember everything Burnin rufunds to you is a gift

This still isn't clear to me.

I don't understand, if Burnin isn't accepting orders and some people need refunds (but only at 50%), why not allow people (like me and others looking for assembly) the
ability to take on the orders from others? I think that makes us happy (we get the boards and assembly) and a few people get more than the 50% refund amount.

Burnin - Can you comment on things please as the message has been mixed thus far?

Thanks for all your work. I know this is rough for many, if not the majority, of people involved. From the GB participants, organizers and all the way up the chain to you.

It's About Sharing

from a producer point of view I can understand why he won't change adresses in orders:

Have you any idea how long it would take to change XXX Orders? Or have you considered the consequences if somthings mixes up with the order? We are not talking about parcel with value of less than 100€ we are talking about tousend or even tenthousends of euros.

from a coustomer point of view
I understand you - a possible solution is that you looking for a buyer (with Avalonchips) who lives in the same country and make a private deal with him. So you only have to worry about one adress. you have to pay one additional shipping cost

but beside the small amout of additional cost you get everything back and burnin gets his order - win win situation

@tranquille
He has done his work realy well Wink  everything he gives back is a gift...
g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 05:04:10 PM

I also have 30 preordered Boards + 3PCB + Stackingcable -

ordernr. 7## = 4.305,35 EUR

PM if you are intrested
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:09:48 PM

I would like to see what Burnin says about transferring orders, I have already submitted to Sebastian that I changed to a refund (request submitted today) but IDK if it can be done now, so I might still be stuck with 200 chips.  I would need 10 boards (20 chips ea) and willing to pay 60% of original price (you get 10% more than you would have).  Of course this is all contingent on Burnin allowing transferring of orders. 

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
glungnahund

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:10:17 PM

We´ve placed two orders with very low (!  Smiley) order numbers at http://www.burninmining.com. As we´ve already requested refund from zefir for the avalon chips we intend to sell these orders to people who have avalon chips but haven´t placed a order for a bitburner yet.

order #324:
- standard shipping

price: €673.54

order #339
- standard shipping

price €279.65

This offer is only valid under the condition that burnin allows a transfer of his orders.

I'll take the second one (2X20) if Burnin allows it, but don't you need the stacking cable? Will wait for confirmation from Burnin though.
Also, todays price is 267.75 with heatsinks, stacking cable, standard shipping & VAT. Did prices change?
IAS

The "€279.65" for order #339 is exactly what we paid:
- 2 x boards = € 249,90
- shipping: € 29.75 (incl. VAT) via Standard

sum: €279.65 (Includes €44.65 VAT)

Did not notice any price changes, but cannot fully exclude it.

The CAN cable may a) either be added to this order (if burnin agrees) or b) may be bought somewhere else (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg2807146#msg2807146).
RoelVB

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:21:07 PM

Hey burnin,

I wonder if you could put for every discounted bitfuryburner you may sell 1 useless pcb of a bitburner in. As I understood these parts are wasted anyway for paid preordered assembly, I'd like to get over this and have something I can put on my wall. It's still sexy as hell  Cheesy

offtopic:
Maybe one day my grandchildren will ask "Grandpa, what is it?" - It's an almost finished bitcoin miner, it cost me a fortune and would mine up to 9 gh/s.. "But grandpa, even my watch mines 100x that speed! It's sooo slow" - back then it would mine 0.2btc/day or so when it should have been delivered "Thats a fortune!  Shocked" -  Roll Eyes

I laughed my ass off, thanks Cheesy
CumpsD

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:21:56 PM

Funny, people trying to sell their bitburner order at 100% Smiley

If they don't sell it, they get 50%
Why not just settle for selling it at 60% or 70% to increase chances?

Ah well, economics, meh
AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:24:39 PM

Is there somebody that has supplied chips on time and is not satisfied by the product delivered to him or the way issuses have been handled in case there have been issues present?

I'm getting quite tired of all these "GIVE ME ALL MY MONEY BACK" nonsense. If i was burnin i'll just ship the bitburner boards with no chips to you and kindly ask you to send them back for completion upon being able to supply the chips to be placed on them. YOU ALWAYS KNEW that when your order gets completed is dependent partially on the time when your chips are available to be mounted. So now, due to your disability to deliver on time you see that the service that you paid for is not viable for you anymore and you are asking for refunds?

What if I go to a jeweller tomorrow and order a diamond ring with the condition that I later on provide the diamond stone for it?
I get a quote, i pay for it and the jeweler starts working on it straight away so that it will be ready ASAP and he can just fit the stone when I provide it.
Several weeks later I call the guy and tell him that I'm not going to be able to provide the stone, for whatever reason, and therefore I DEMAND to get 100% of my money paid back.
That surely sounds like it's going to happen, for sure.

Why the fuck did you order boards before making sure that your chips will be available for placement?
For one reason and one reason only: to have an earlier placed order so that you can get your boards ASAP and make more profit on them.
You might have just as well waited for your chip supplier to inform you that the chips are on the way to them and placed the order at that time.
But you didn't.

Is it really that hard to accept the facts and realize that it's your fault and not burnin's?

+1 billion of a trillion.
Deal with it.
glungnahund

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:25:30 PM

Funny, people trying to sell their bitburner order at 100% Smiley

If they don't sell it, they get 50%
Why not just settle for selling it at 60% or 70% to increase chances?

Ah well, economics, meh

burnin refunds 50% now and 20% in 2-4 weeks. Thus, altogether 70%.

If nobody offered already paid bitburners to people who have chips but no order these people were screwed and the price would even go beyond 100%.

tl;dr 100% is a fair price
mastahofdesastah

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:28:14 PM

@ Burnin

Instead of trowing away the pcb's. Why u dont accept assembly orders for cancelled ones?
Seems enough peoples, have chips, but no order by you.

I have 320 chips in SebastianJU's Batch 1, that needs an assembly.

Whats the solution?
Sharing between the users and changing the delivery adresses?
So we create a win-win-win situation.

Or we can place orders for already ordered Chips?
refunds with losses, trowing away pcb'etc.

Or you stop totaly with the orders.
And all will loose...

Thx
Mastah
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:29:27 PM

@ Burnin

Instead of trowing away the pcb's. Why u dont accept assembly orders for cancelled ones?

Whats the solution?

Thx
Mastah

I have orders and no chips, think there's quite a few who'd do a trade.

mastahofdesastah

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:33:42 PM

The question is, if burning allow us to it privately, and allow us to change the adresses.

Or he takeover the process.

And the worst: he said none of both Sad
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:36:09 PM

Hey burnin,

I wonder if you could put for every discounted bitfuryburner you may sell 1 useless pcb of a bitburner in. As I understood these parts are wasted anyway for paid preordered assembly, I'd like to get over this and have something I can put on my wall. It's still sexy as hell  Cheesy

offtopic:
Maybe one day my grandchildren will ask "Grandpa, what is it?" - It's an almost finished bitcoin miner, it cost me a fortune and would mine up to 9 gh/s.. "But grandpa, even my watch mines 100x that speed! It's sooo slow" - back then it would mine 0.2btc/day or so when it should have been delivered "Thats a fortune!  Shocked" -  Roll Eyes

I laughed my ass off, thanks Cheesy

I'd pay an extra couple of bucks for this. They'd make interesting geeky coasters for my table if I can't find a place on the wall lol

Also, I have order #34X:
8x 20chip board +heatsink
2x stacking cable
Express shipping
I'd take reasonable offers close to 100% (I won't bother replying to stupid offers thx)

*sorry if this is seen as off-topic btw, but I feel it's better to try & shift existing orders to people who haven't ordered rather than simply cancel altogether & go thru refund drama.
RoelVB

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:45:53 PM

Is there somebody that has supplied chips on time and is not satisfied by the product delivered to him or the way issuses have been handled in case there have been issues present?

I'm getting quite tired of all these "GIVE ME ALL MY MONEY BACK" nonsense. If i was burnin i'll just ship the bitburner boards with no chips to you and kindly ask you to send them back for completion upon being able to supply the chips to be placed on them. YOU ALWAYS KNEW that when your order gets completed is dependent partially on the time when your chips are available to be mounted. So now, due to your disability to deliver on time you see that the service that you paid for is not viable for you anymore and you are asking for refunds?

What if I go to a jeweller tomorrow and order a diamond ring with the condition that I later on provide the diamond stone for it?
I get a quote, i pay for it and the jeweler starts working on it straight away so that it will be ready ASAP and he can just fit the stone when I provide it.
Several weeks later I call the guy and tell him that I'm not going to be able to provide the stone, for whatever reason, and therefore I DEMAND to get 100% of my money paid back.
That surely sounds like it's going to happen, for sure.

Why the fuck did you order boards before making sure that your chips will be available for placement?
For one reason and one reason only: to have an earlier placed order so that you can get your boards ASAP and make more profit on them.
You might have just as well waited for your chip supplier to inform you that the chips are on the way to them and placed the order at that time.
But you didn't.

Is it really that hard to accept the facts and realize that it's your fault and not burnin's?

+1

I hope this will help people to understand. Burnin did a great job trying to deliver the board as quick as possible.
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:22:40 PM

Burnin is an exemplary person whose poured a massive amount of time, effort, sweat and blood into this and it's sad that it came to this due entirely to Avalon's actions (or inaction)

I am hoping that ragingazn's group buy gets the chips refunded - if so, i have a 5XX order for 28 complete bit burner modules - if these are sellable/transferrable and someone wants to buy them, i'm open to all offers, otherwise, whatever refund is possible is good
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:11:53 PM

I hope this will help people to understand. Burnin did a great job trying to deliver the board as quick as possible.

Yes burnin did a great job, bun unfortunately thanks to BitSyncom now he won't sell to end-users. Thank you BitSyncom. burnin i hope everything will turn out ok for you too with the grumpy people and personally i don't have a problem with the 50-70% refund and i fully understand you.

burnin (OP)

Activity: 243

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:51:02 PM

@ Burnin

Whats the solution?

And all will loose...

Thx
Mastah

Changing around all the existing orders will be more work then accepting new ones for the people that have chips but no boards.
I still accept orders for the avalon based bitburners for a short while, that statement mainly refers to future board generations.
And It is possible to sell orders that have not been refunded to someone else.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:17:02 PM

@ Burnin

Whats the solution?

And all will loose...

Thx
Mastah

Changing around all the existing orders will be more work then accepting new ones for the people that have chips but no boards.
I still accept orders for the avalon based bitburners for a short while, that statement mainly refers to future board generations.
And It is possible to sell orders that have not been refunded to someone else.

Thanks for the clarification Burnin,

Keep on keeping on and good luck, we will be there,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
glungnahund

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:32:56 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 01:19:54 PM by glungnahund

Based on burnins clarification we´ve modified our offer:

order #324:
- standard shipping

price: €572.51 (85% of the original price at burninmining.com: €673.54)

order #339
- standard shipping

price €237.70 (85% of the original price at burninmining.com: €279.65)

Why 85%?
burnin offers 70% refund. Original price is 100%. 85% leaves 15% benefit for us and for you.

EDIT:
SOLD

Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: