Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:49:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD Ryzen hashrate?  (Read 85857 times)
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:46:02 PM

I have Ryzens in my rigs - built especially with monero in mind and my results are following (large pages enabled in Win 10):
Ryzen 5 1600X (3,8 Ghz at 1.23V) - stable 540 - 550 Hash/s - consumes ca 44W from wall
Ryzen 7 1700 (3,8 Ghz at 1.23V) - stable 630 Hash /s - consumes ca 44W from wall
I believe that I can get near 4 Ghz - but this setup is 24/7 rock solid and doesnt lead to unnecessary restarts of the system. Wattage was measured as a difference between idle system and CPU-only mining turned ON.
Ill build new rig with Ryzen 5 1600 this weekend - but I guess the results will be same as for 1600X - cause L3 cache and number of cores are identical.

Thanks for the info I am pretty interested in seeing what the Ryzen 5 1600 does if you don't mind sharing!

We have 5 of them and they do ~430 (max of about 460 on one, lowest about 420) on Monero at stock settings. The motherboards they are in don't seem to support much in the way of overclocking so we left them at stock settings. On a gaming oriented motherboard they should overclock up close to 4.0 ghz for a decent boost in hashrate with a little more power consumption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
idothemining

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:13:04 AM

Hi all,

I was hoping one of you could help me troubleshoot my r5 1600, as you all seem to be getting 400 H/s stock. Meanwhile, here's how my CPU's been performing:

1 thread: 60 H/s (max values)
2 threads: 110 H/s
3 threads: 160 H/s
4 threads: 240 H/s
5 threads: 180 H/s
6 threads: 140 H/s
7 threads: 100 H/s

I can't understand why my chip's hashrate is peaking at 4 threads when you all are reporting optimal rates at 6 threads.

I've gone through all the necessary steps (locked paging file), and I'm really stuck here.

Claymore's miner yields similar results, although I have only tried with 3 and 4 threads.

The only thing I can think of is that stak's miner could have been updated since the pre-compiled version that I downloaded, although I doubt that's the cause for this behavior.

Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it!
MingMining

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:39:12 AM

Hi all,

I was hoping one of you could help me troubleshoot my r5 1600, as you all seem to be getting 400 H/s stock. Meanwhile, here's how my CPU's been performing:

1 thread: 60 H/s (max values)
2 threads: 110 H/s
3 threads: 160 H/s
4 threads: 240 H/s
5 threads: 180 H/s
6 threads: 140 H/s
7 threads: 100 H/s

I can't understand why my chip's hashrate is peaking at 4 threads when you all are reporting optimal rates at 6 threads.

I've gone through all the necessary steps (locked paging file), and I'm really stuck here.

Claymore's miner yields similar results, although I have only tried with 3 and 4 threads.

The only thing I can think of is that stak's miner could have been updated since the pre-compiled version that I downloaded, although I doubt that's the cause for this behavior.

Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it!

Post your config file, please.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
funnynuffy

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:18:40 AM

So I built the rig with Ryzen 5 1600 (without X) - and was quite amazed. That thing is performing even better than my other 1600X CPUs Cheesy I get stable 560 H/s from it - again at 3.8 Ghz. I guess it was a lucky pick of the CPU.

If You get below 500 (around 450 H/s) on Your 1600 CPUs - I may know where problem is. Im not sure if I should tell You - cause Youll be taking away my profits by mining better Cheesy But I am a good person so Ill tell You. (You can alway send me some monero scraps to: 4JUdGzvrMFDWrUUwY3toJATSeNwjn54LkCnKBPRzDuhzi5vSepHfUckJNxRL2gjkNrSqtCoRUrEDAgR wsQvVCjZbRwc3EtMhPPX3gZ4daM ) Cheesy

1st - follow this guide and unlock large pages in Win (https://www.usxmrpool.com/#easy_mining_guide)
2nd - cause You have 8 possible threads (16 MB L3) - but just 6 cores - it DOES matter on which cores You do the mining. Cause two cores will be under heavier load. And Windows uses cores from "beginning" - so usually core 1 and 2. If You put 2 threads on these two first cores - Youll see lower hashrates.

so configure xmr-stak-cpu like this:
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 4 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 6 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 8 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 9 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 10 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 11 },

when I had it 0/1/2/3/4/6/8/10 - my hashrates were in those 450 ranges

hope it helps

idothemining

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:06:06 PM

Thanks for trying to help me out, I really appreciate it.

My page file is configured to be 16 Gb at the min, 24 Gb at the max. While running the miner, it hovers around 16 Gb.

Funnynuffy, I followed that exact guide in setting up the miner, and I've locked page files in memory, granting access to the default user (myself). Maybe I should try allowing this function for root? Is that a thing?

Here's the "interesting" part of my config file:

[
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 4 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 6 },
],

I've tried the following as well:

[
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 8 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 10 },
],

[
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 4 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 6 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 8 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 10 },
],

[
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 1 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 3 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 5 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 7 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 9 },
   { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 11 },
],

Yet these behave similarly, netting ~140 H/s.

On HWMonitor, I can't get the CPU to draw more than 30W, which oddly makes sense (240 H/s is more or less half of what I'm expecting, and others have posted CPU draws of ~60W).

I have one 8 GB stick of 2400 MHz RAM in there, and I'm running Win10.

Thanks again!
idothemining

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:50:30 PM

Wow! Okay, so I just realized what's wrong.

I received a Ryzen 5 1400 instead of a 1600...

I can't believe I didn't notice that only four cores were enabled on HWMonitor...

I apologize for wasting your time, gents!
funnynuffy

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:56:53 AM

Nevermind - then just run 4 threads (8MB L3 cache) - each on physical core (0,2,4,6) - and You should get maximum performance for Your CPU.
Btw one additional finding - when I dual mine ETH + something on my GPUs (1070) - each card draws around 100-110W (undervolted). And its possible to surf net, do administrative work etc. But when I switch GPUs to Monero - power draw is reduced to 60-70W per card, earnings +- similar to ETH - but its no longer possible to work on computer. Its as slow as my old 486 SX 25MHz machine or even ZX Spectrum Cheesy
Btw - those 1070s are doing 700-710 Hashes on Monero - so considering the price - Ryzen CPUs win (at least in my country)
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:40:29 PM

So I built the rig with Ryzen 5 1600 (without X) - and was quite amazed. That thing is performing even better than my other 1600X CPUs Cheesy I get stable 560 H/s from it - again at 3.8 Ghz. I guess it was a lucky pick of the CPU.
There is nothing amazing. 1600X is only overclocked 1600.
But everybody can do it himself.
ThisUsernameSucks

Activity: 6
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:42:57 PM

I've recently started to CPU mine Monero using xmrig.exe (I tried to compile xmr-stak-cpu from source, but unfortunately I can't afford to quit my daytime job to fix all problems I encountered) in administrator mode on Windows 10, meaning Huge pages are activated. I have a Ryzen 1700 processor (not overclocked) that I currently get about 300 H/s from.

Isn't this a bit low? I've seen people in this thread mention hash rates above 500 H/s. Is there any tweaking that I could perform to get a larger hash rate? I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm eager to learn Smiley
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:57:34 PM

I was getting 400 on my fx8350 but the power part wasn't worth it are you guys gpu mining along side cpu mining if so what motherboards are u running
Elder III

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:13:26 AM

I've recently started to CPU mine Monero using xmrig.exe (I tried to compile xmr-stak-cpu from source, but unfortunately I can't afford to quit my daytime job to fix all problems I encountered) in administrator mode on Windows 10, meaning Huge pages are activated. I have a Ryzen 1700 processor (not overclocked) that I currently get about 300 H/s from.

Isn't this a bit low? I've seen people in this thread mention hash rates above 500 H/s. Is there any tweaking that I could perform to get a larger hash rate? I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm eager to learn Smiley

Try installing Nicehash and running it in Administrator mode in order for locked pages to function correctly. See what the benchmark is for Monero after doing that - it will let you know if there's a need to configure your miner better etc... since it's all automated.  You can expect to top 600 hashrate if you Overclock your 1700.... even as high as 630-650 at 4.0 ghz.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 02:34:41 AM

Picked up a Ryzen 3 1300x for my wifes build, damn this thing is powerful for the cost!
Does 400kh/s on Zcoin, 300ish on XMR, same performance as my 6th gen i-7 that cost x2, wow.
Gonna get a threadripper i think for next build, regret getting just a 3 this go around Sad

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
MingMining

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:00:08 AM

Try this config. You should expect 590 h/s at 3.8 Ghz

"cpu_thread_num" : 8,
"cpu_threads_conf" :[
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 12 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 14 },
],

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:16:15 AM

prices on I7 are dropping plus you can get an 8 thread xeon kaby lake now for $200
I dont think ryzens are really worth dealing with the low amount of 8 plus gpu motherboards
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:17:41 AM

I am not mining with my ryzen.
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:06:34 AM

start mining biblecoin with ryzens= it very stable for this cpu on this coin

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:34:49 AM

start mining biblecoin with ryzens= it very stable for this cpu on this coin

whats the biblecoin hash rate? with ryzen?

will biblecoin be worth anything? seems kind like a uselses coin
ThisUsernameSucks

Activity: 6
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:26:44 AM

],

Thanks! I guess these commands are for xmr-stak-cpu, and not for xmrig, right? Can't get them to work in xmrig.
Elder III

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:23:58 PM

],

Thanks! I guess these commands are for xmr-stak-cpu, and not for xmrig, right? Can't get them to work in xmrig.

Yep, that looks like xmr-stak-cpu settings to me.  I have not tried xmrig myself since xmr-stak-cpu has always been stable and efficient in our use of it.
jikolo

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:34:27 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 02:49:40 PM by jikolo

i suppose xmr stack cpu gives u the highest hashrate.  im currently running amd ryzen 1700(no x version) on asus x370 pro  @3.850mhz stock air cooler. getting about 550h/s in claymore xmr cpu miner.hadnt time to oc better. should have configured xmr stack.
u know what is best about ryzen?  even if i put load on 8 real cores ,i have no drop in hashrate for any gpus. this is way beyond expectations as intels are the other way around.i dont know why mining ppl do not buy amd for their rigs. the mainboards northbridge chip is also cool at load.

tweak : just remember  to activate 'high performance' in power options of windows. if not, u will get about 350h/s
dont forget to enable 'lock pages in memory'  as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: