Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are still buying BTC?  (Read 13652 times)
Zachwolf

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:41:04 AM

"Bitcoin is useless"

Then go somewhere else... ?
Why?

Look up at the name of the website you are using: bitcointalk.org

If you have no use for bitcoins, then maybe you should ask yourself why you are here on a bitcoin site? Trolling perhaps?

Could you go into a bit more detail what you were spending hours on that gave you such a low return? Then you should ask yourself what you did to get any dollars you have? Maybe you could do the same thing in exchange for some bitcoins?

As of now bitcoin has a decreasing value and this the right time to buy it to those who can afford. They are still hoping that it will comeback from the maximum value of 19000 USD than a current price today in almost 8000 USD.
Khalp1

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:41:45 AM

Hello guys,

To me, it seems pretty strange that people actually continues buying btc now...
I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174600.0 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.
Because Bitcoin was still an emerging technology and its future was uncertain.now most people do use it in the darknet market maybe it success might be attributed to it use in the darknet market place.Many people has gotten to see the value of bitcoin and people are willing to invest in it,bitcoin is becoming the defacto standard for cryptocurrency and the fact that it's philosophy is different from the government backed currency this made it more appealing.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:42:34 AM

No one is stopping anyone here from buying any new amazing altcoin he/she chooses. If you think that PonyCoin or any other altcoin will be better for you in the long run - go for it.
But telling people that PayPal or Banks are better than Bitcoin is kind over the top lie. Look at Greece, Cyprus, Venezuela or any country with economic problems.
Fiat-based centralized payment processors can be banned with ease - for example, Turkish people cannot use PayPal at all.

About security issue linked to Bitcoin, see below:

JP Morgan Chase Security Breach

"Date: July 2014
Impact: 76 million households and 7 million small businesses
Details: The largest bank in the nation was the victim of a hack during the summer of 2014 that compromised the data of more than half of all US households – 76 million – plus 7 million small businesses.
The data included contact information – names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses – as well as internal information about the users, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission."

More info here: https://www.csoonline.com/article/2130877/data-breach/the-biggest-data-breaches-of-the-21st-century.html
vakie1

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:45:15 AM

They believe in the future of bitcoin
panganib999

Activity: 1750
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 12:43:47 PM

People will always consider on buying bitcoin because it is the main crypto in the market of cryptocurrency. People need to choose to buy bitcoin for them to earn and to somehow set an investment that they could have in the future and can brought a good fortune to them. Bitcoin like dollar in the fiat serves as the universal currency the people could used in transaction, trading and investments.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:58:14 PM

Essentially trying to make a profit. buy then sell it at the time the spike in prices began to rise. because bitcoin is still the best compared to other coins even btc can be mined in the easiest way even though the popularity and uniqueness of btc is able to attract enthusiasts of investors to invest.btc able to motivate and make people able to think positively about the future
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:06:30 PM

Hello guys,

I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174600.0 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.

Because even if the bitcoins are dropping they lnow that they will still have a chnace to gain a lot of money because of the past stories of the bitcoins that tgey came to the moon and then a lot of people get a lot of profits. And why fo you think a smoker still continue to smoke even if it will just kill him because there is a part of it that is giving them satisfaction even if there are a lot of altcoins out there of course you will always buy those coins that started you here your first love and that is how loyal people are.
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:10:20 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

People who are still investing in bitcoin prove that no matter how other people hate it and no matter what the media are stating about it, bitcoin is still reliable, credible and genuinely helpful.
KeijiN

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:18:51 PM

People are always willing to became rich fast and easy, and they believe foolishly that bitcoin can give that to them.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:11:00 PM

Bitcoin is extremely attractive at rates below $10,000 per coin. And now with the prices hovering at around the $7,500 per coin level, many of the investors may think about accumulating large volumes of the crypto-currency.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:11:27 PM

Many people are still buying bitcoin because all believe that bitcoin immediately skyrocket, and if note the trend is almost the same every year, the price decreases from February to June and then skyrocketed after August to December.
Lambe Ndumble

Activity: 569

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:16:50 PM

I'm sure that people are buying bitcoins because they are convinced that the year-end prices will skyrocket like the previous year, and by buying now they earn big profits.

..........///....../////..........
virarara

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:41:35 PM

Because everyone believes that bitcoin will continue to increase in the future. Therefore many people are still buying and investing bitcoin.
tramadol12

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:52:56 PM

People are invested in bitcoin in many ways. They see good reasons to stick with it and most of them are thinking long term. Things crash from time to time, it doesn't mean they are dead. My personal opinion is that most on here (the plankton or at best, the tadpoles of the Bitcoin ecosystem), are still buying because they are fkn stupid and are blinded by thier own greed/optimism as to the strong probability of much lower prices in the months ahead. However, having said that, with all the volatility, even now there is still plenty opportunity for nice profits to be made, and who doesnt want to make profits?
Ryanpaul80

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:44:41 PM

Because this is the art of investment, Sometimes you need to sacrifice if the putoject that you'll join is Good. and there is a loss and the sometimes there is also a profit, People buy some btc because there is a good future in it bitcoin still have a potential to grow.
zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:53:06 PM

why people are still buying btc because they still believe and still need with btc, either because of information data in the field or on lifestyle and still many others who are considered as the cause but one word as conclusion all because of "opportunity", spirit of friend
Bitlife81

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:57:37 PM

They buy Bitcoin for a variety of reasons. Among them are using bitcoin as an online payment method, using bitcoin as a long-term investment, and using bitcoin as a way of trading.
Telogodok

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:08:04 PM

Bitcoin is bought to sell it more expensively, and then again to buy cheaper, this so-called investment brings up to 20% per week.  Cool
There are certainly risks, but then either losses or you need to wait   Smiley

I think if a lot of companies accept btc, if btc is almost flawless (instant payment, lower cost, no security issues), I can understand that it would seem "safe" or "reassuring", which obviously did not happen.
Even long-term thinking, I can not get what makes them believe that the value of 1 btc is more than 1 euro.
Of course, the price of 1 btc is what people want to pay for it, but there must be some collateral.
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:26:22 PM

Why do people still buy bitcoin, because they still believe bitcoin even though the situation is not safe or always decreasing .. maybe they believe that bitcoin will rise and recover from adversity .. because bitcoin is the first crypto coin in the world, and will remain the main and main coin for those who want to make a big profit .. and for the present situation they definitely choose to hold it waiting for the bitcoin ride back ..
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:24:01 PM

Why not? Me too! Grin I think that it is profitable and it is a great trend nowadays. All my friends also buy coins because btc is a digital gold and it is called like this by right. As for me, this is the best way to earn today

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: