Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:19:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are still buying BTC?  (Read 13644 times)
aris av
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:56:26 PM

Hello guys,

To me, it seems pretty strange that people actually continues buying btc now...
I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174600.0 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.

Because having a bitcoin is possible to make a profit, and therefore people continue to buy bitcoins to gain profit to increase income.

Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:02:10 PM

Hello guys,

I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174600.0 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.
We all have different reasons why we are still buying bitcoin. Some people still do it because they have their faith on bitcoin and they know that it will make sense in the future. Some buy bitcoin because they thing it is a great time to do so knowing that bitcoin's value has been very down lately and it will grant them plenty of benefits if ever it rises up once again.

chromosomes

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:10:31 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

You can't blame if they are still hoping that bitcoin would soon rise again. They have their free will and they will be the one to suffer the consequences if ever things gets more messed up. Many people are already claiming that bitcoin's end is very near so those who are still buying bitcoin are the ones who thinks oppositely on what pessimistic bashers say.

center]DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  [/center]
pengantarjenazah

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:28:37 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

People aee still buying bitcoin because Bitcoin is more popular and more valuable.
Shadon24

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:52:43 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

People still buy bitcoin that is also because bitcoin is still in the heyday and many people who want it to want it made for them their profitable income show that bitcoin is still hot with us or them
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:59:29 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 04:09:54 PM by resty

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

Other issues:

MAny people are still buying Bitcoin for many reasons. Primarily, they use it as an investment because gaining profit on it is not too complicated. Other reasons include Trading, Gambling etc.
babaya

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:01:42 PM

because people know that at this time bitcoin price still cheap.and they confidence that in future bitcoin or cryptocurrency will make new high that can  make them to be millionare.
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:32:16 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

These thread has been for how many years and I think, these questioning mind had already got the answer. Yet I want also to add something.

The people of this world has invested in cryptocurrency specific in bitcoin because of different purposes and reasons, some thought it as an investment, like stocks or real estate where prices can go increase for a certain period of time, some had research it and some did not. Others, because it is the trend, they went to that flow, some are just for the purposes of its original purpose, the remittance or transferring of funds. We cannot predict people but I hope, in everything we do, plan and educate ourselves first.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
molenracing

Activity: 199

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:53:25 PM

Because they still believe in Bitcoin, so they continue to buy Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital asset that is able to give us hope, therefore I really like and and if there is money I will invest my money again to buy Bitcoin. indeed besides Bitcoin there are also some good investment tools, such as Gold and Land. but I think Bitcoin has the advantage of it.
Sakash

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:10:41 PM

People invest money in BTC. Because you can earn money from bitcoin. This will facilitate a way to earn your money. For more people, people buy BTC.
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:13:41 PM

People continue to use bitcoin because they see it as profitable. Maybe it will never be accepted as a common currency, but it does not matter. As long as you earn it, nobody will think about it.
jmvzlfyg

Activity: 174

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:24:42 PM

Bitcoin is a belief in the world of encrypt. All coins are based on bitcoin. Bitcoin has a lot of faithful followers, and bitcoin has a strong support to buy the most correct choice of bitcoin.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:32:12 PM

People are invested in bitcoin in many ways.
They see good reasons to stick with it and most of them are thinking long term.
Things crash from time to time, it doesnt mean they are dead.
And besides that profit isn't the main focus for most of the old dogs of bitcoin.
Actually, many people invested in bitcoin in a lot of reasons. The main reason why people keep on buying bitcoin is the opportunity to become rich or millionaire. In addition to that, bitcoin is very profitable so that many people keep on buying it.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:56:32 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

A high ranking member of the bitcointalk.org  a community of bitcoin lovers can post this about bitcoin, that show you lack of knowledge of what bitcoin really is aside seeing bitcoin as just an investment platform or a get rich quick scheme. But bitcoin is more then that bitcoin is a currency which can be use across border and free from any interference from government or any institutions.
Mia Wallace

Activity: 361

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:17:51 PM

People are still buying BTC because it has certain positive characteristics which enables the global community to attract bitcoin for their investments and the daily requirements.Through the block chain technology all the transaction records are stored perfectly unaltered.The credibility of the bitcoin is ensured by the global investors and its popularity has widen so more people are attracted to it ,also it is a new form of economical theory which is against the present financial concepts

lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:10:50 PM

people are still buying bitcoin because they believe in technology behind bitcoin that is Blockchain technology
Sam02Sung

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:19:51 PM

If people still buy bitcoin they still believe in bitcoin for the future. And perhaps more and more people want to know bitcoin from their colleagues who understand bitcoin.
jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:24:57 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

Other issues:

Here we are five years later and many original complaints are still relevant, while some others we can look on with the benefit of hindsight.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency.  Five years later and this is more true than not. I wouldn't call it useless, but it's certainly not being used regularly as a currency. Much more as a speculative investment and gambling medium than anything else (gambling both in the sense of speculation and as a token for internet gambling games).

I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison!  Transaction fees have come down significantly, but it was true that for over a year the network was crippled by high sky-high transaction fees and a perpetual backlog of hundreds of thousands of unconfirmed transactions. The network was pretty unreliable during that time period. Now, PayPal is potentially cheaper (depending on how you transact), but for your standard transactions Bitcoin probably has a slight advantage, although PayPal wins the speed comparison.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.  This didn't really pan out. People still mine and generally haven't lost interest, although I don't think anyone 5 years ago would have predicted how fast the difficulty would rise.

Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... Lol. This was still about a year before Mt. Gox shut down. If only people had any idea of what was to come.

GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:47:53 PM

Buying bitcoin is the best strategy to make a profit, I'm sure that bitcoin development will continue to improve so that users can get big profits like last December.
People still buy Bitcoin because we assume people are rational in the market and have perfect knowledge and information about the technology. Having said that, they will invest in an asset that is of good future return and Bitcoin is since their favorite coin, it can be said Bitcoin is of great future benefits. Besides, the real market charts and graphs also depict the said concept graphically.
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 08:59:35 PM

People want to get profit from bitcoin so the are buying it for holding , trading and other activities that can be made with BTC. At my opinion they are absolutly right in this case.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: