Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:21:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:09:05 AM
Merited by Mrrr (10)

I know most people on the forum are somewhat tired of hearing this but I would like to reiterate that we are still here, we are still working, and we're not going to stop. Helium is not a scam. In fact I don't even understand how anyone could claim such a thing, regardless of delays. We expect occasional FUD since our original timeline has changed. Whether you let that sway your opinion on the project at this time is up to you.

Our team is comprised of some of the most genuine and passionate blockchain enthusiasts I've come across in my 5 years in this field. If I personally did not have faith in what we're doing I wouldn't have even considered attaching myself to the project.

Patience friends. Great things are coming. I look forward to sharing exciting updates with everyone here once we are off the ground.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:49:10 AM

I know most people on the forum are somewhat tired of hearing this but I would like to reiterate that we are still here, we are still working, and we're not going to stop. Helium is not a scam. In fact I don't even understand how anyone could claim such a thing, regardless of delays. We expect occasional FUD since our original timeline has changed. Whether you let that sway your opinion on the project at this time is up to you.

Our team is comprised of some of the most genuine and passionate blockchain enthusiasts I've come across in my 5 years in this field. If I personally did not have faith in what we're doing I wouldn't have even considered attaching myself to the project.

Patience friends. Great things are coming. I look forward to sharing exciting updates with everyone here once we are off the ground.

Thanks for the update. I think coins101 not posting for 3 months has spooked some people. If he could post a proof of life that would help. We'd accept a finger or toe as long as it's fresh.

tradingdisaster

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:37:15 PM

In fact I don't even understand how anyone could claim such a thing, regardless of delays.

For the record, I don't think it's a scam, but I am extremely concerned:
  • Team claims to work agile, but does not check in with stake-holders for weeks
  • Coin-swap is initiated somewhere around November and 5 months later, we still don't have anything in return
  • Endless delays that might or might not make sense in the end, but happen without communication
  • Founder goes completely radio-silent. What if he had simply dropped the project or is terminally ill?

If you can't see how this leads people to suspect fraud, I don't know what to say.

>Our team is comprised of some of the most genuine and passionate blockchain enthusiasts I've come across in my 5 years in this field

Yet no one is willing and able to entertain the unwashed masses here from time to time with their enthusiasm? That's strange, if I start a project, I would like to tell everyone about it.

>Great things are coming.

I've been hearing this for half a year now and every time it's without any details. That gets old fast.

Yes, I am salty as hell. The money locked into HLM I could have used on other projects to make me more money in between.

Just a case in point: the latest blog entry on https://www.heliumlabs.org/blog is about 6 weeks old now. That's no way to treat people who entrusted you their money.
Eka_pro

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:01:21 PM

In fact I don't even understand how anyone could claim such a thing, regardless of delays.

• Coin-swap is initiated somewhere around November and 5 months later, we still don't have anything in return
  • Endless delays that might or might not make sense in the end, but happen without communication
  • Founder goes completely radio-silent. What if he had simply dropped the project or is terminally ill?

If you can't see how this leads people to suspect fraud, I don't know what to say.

>Our team is comprised of some of the most genuine and passionate blockchain enthusiasts I've come across in my 5 years in this field

Yet no one is willing and able to entertain the unwashed masses here from time to time with their enthusiasm? That's strange, if I start a project, I would like to tell everyone about it.

I've been hearing this for half a year now and every time it's without any details. That gets old fast.

Yes, I am salty as hell. The money locked into HLM I could have used on other projects to make me more money in between.

Just a case in point: the latest blog entry on https://www.heliumlabs.org/blog is about 6 weeks old now. That's no way to treat people who entrusted you their money.

agree
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:32:36 PM

HLM is an airdrop on spreadcoin, so you bought spr to get HLM, and you're free to sell your spr anytime you want, so how is your money being locked up? You didn't entrust any money to HLM devs at all.
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:01:30 AM

Good day all,

I have been working daily to get the projects various pieces in order to complete the launch and am now moving closer to realizing that goal. There have been some delays which I will be able to speak to once a few more house keeping items are in order. For transparency, I have put up my consultancy at Crypto Consultant and my studio at Blockchain TV for sale last month and shut down their respective operations at the end of 2017. This was done to free up my time to focus solely on Helium and to ensure that the right people were brought into the project to get the launch completed properly without losing traction on the Enterprise front.

I will reiterate that the lion's share of activity on the project from a community perspective takes place in Slack so if you only look for updates here you may be left wanting at times. That being said there has purposely been a lull in active communication as I am opposed to providing content-less updates for the sake of saying something. My intention has always been to see this project through to launch and then flourish in the industry with measurable success. Once we are launched I will be in a better position to speak towards some of the complications that have arisen and why i decided to handle them the way I did given the information I had at the time and the stakes involved.

Rest assured, I am not going anywhere as this will be my final contribution to the industry. I started back in 2012 and now have only Helium as my commitment outside of family and personal life.
tradingdisaster

Activity: 307

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:53:42 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 09:26:10 AM by tradingdisaster

HLM is an airdrop on spreadcoin, so you bought spr to get HLM, and you're free to sell your spr anytime you want, so how is your money being locked up? You didn't entrust any money to HLM devs at all.

Bullshit. Just take a look at the SPR chart and correlate it with HLM announcements. While technically, HLM is an airdrop to SPR holders, it was also the only way to buy into the project. There's a reason for using SPR as an on-ramp: project team members, esp coins101 would hold a lot of SPR from former times and of course would not like this to go to zero.

Resorting to technicalities to deflect blame for OBVIOUS and GLARING problems in communication and project handling is pretty lame, champ.

This was done to free up my time to focus solely on Helium and to ensure that the right people were brought into the project to get the launch completed properly without losing traction on the Enterprise front.

Thanks for piping up, Karma. That's a pretty bold leap you are doing there, I hope you will find it's a good thing to do.

I will reiterate that the lion's share of activity on the project from a community perspective takes place in Slack so if you only look for updates here you may be left wanting at times.

I understand, but I have a full 9-6 job and family. And I have to do my research on other cryptos as well. I simply cannot follow each project into their chats to weed through bantering and fluff. If you hate BCT or specifically us reading here, that's ok, but then blog it or steem it, please. You must have a Jira or Trello that defines milestones and epics. If something gets solved, we would like to know.

My intention has always been to see this project through to launch and then flourish in the industry with measurable success.

We all hope this will be the end-result and to know the full picture eventually. I would just like to posit that a team that doesn't do outside communication is doing its project a disservice. It's no longer 2015, the space is crowded. If you want measurable success, you need to build up positive buzz at some point. It is unlikely, but if one of your industry leads comes to this thread and sees the team went radio-silent for weeks, it will raise eye-brows.
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:06:06 PM

Bullshit. Just take a look at the SPR chart and correlate it with HLM announcements. While technically, HLM is an airdrop to SPR holders, it was also the only way to buy into the project. There's a reason for using SPR as an on-ramp: project team members, esp coins101 would hold a lot of SPR from former times and of course would not like this to go to zero.

Resorting to technicalities to deflect blame for OBVIOUS and GLARING problems in communication and project handling is pretty lame, champ.

Bullshit champ, you bought spr for an airdrop, and you can sell it anytime you want, so you got nothing locked up. If you fomo bought after the announcement pump and paid too much you made a rookie mistake, that's why you're butt hurt. Learn from your mistakes, and move on. HLM is an airdrop, it's a freebie, so saying you entrusted your money to HLM devs makes you sound like a whinging dick, champ.
cryptofirm

Activity: 1039
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:33:31 PM

Good day all,

I have been working daily to get the projects various pieces in order to complete the launch and am now moving closer to realizing that goal. There have been some delays which I will be able to speak to once a few more house keeping items are in order. For transparency, I have put up my consultancy at Crypto Consultant and my studio at Blockchain TV for sale last month and shut down their respective operations at the end of 2017. This was done to free up my time to focus solely on Helium and to ensure that the right people were brought into the project to get the launch completed properly without losing traction on the Enterprise front.

I will reiterate that the lion's share of activity on the project from a community perspective takes place in Slack so if you only look for updates here you may be left wanting at times. That being said there has purposely been a lull in active communication as I am opposed to providing content-less updates for the sake of saying something. My intention has always been to see this project through to launch and then flourish in the industry with measurable success. Once we are launched I will be in a better position to speak towards some of the complications that have arisen and why i decided to handle them the way I did given the information I had at the time and the stakes involved.

Rest assured, I am not going anywhere as this will be my final contribution to the industry. I started back in 2012 and now have only Helium as my commitment outside of family and personal life.

happy to see you again Mr. KarmaShark
and glad to heard about your last statement, about as from now you have only Helium project as your commitment in blockchain industry  Wink

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
DuzyGej

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:16:05 PM

Good day all,

and glad to heard about your last statement, about as from now you have only Helium project as your commitment in blockchain industry  Wink

big scam

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:26:22 AM
Merited by Mrrr (20)

big scam

fuck off

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:18:51 AM

Good day all,

then, can you tell me when is the launch date from Helium ?
community is waiting for this news
thank you

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 03:11:20 AM

Good day all,

Good to see KarmaShark and craslovell posting updates here in bitcointalk.

From now on, I will also register for access to your Slack group to check on updates.

Nonetheless, I also like to see the Helium Community Manager (craslovell) post more updates on Bitcointalk, Reddit, and your website blog as not all users are on Slack. It would also be good to post some timelines on Trello (like Storj) to see how this project is moving on.

I am a long term holder on Helium as I love the idea of Master/Service Nodes. Good luck team.

detectiveduck

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

Hopefully we will launch soon!
gogok

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:05:13 AM

Hopefully we will launch soon!
I think this message will not affect the launch speed of the platform.  Smiley
But I'm very glad that they showed themselves, in this thread. And they look purposeful.
BitJunkie556

Activity: 258

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:22:39 PM

Great post, sums the situation up nicely... Also, not to nitpick, but the fork/swap took place in early October, which makes the time frame even longer...

coins101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:01:47 PM

If you are working in the construction sector or you provide enterprise software to the construction sector and you are using Google to find information about the Helium Blockchain Alliance, this is one of the forums where you can get in contact with the Helium team.

You can also contact the team via our website or social media, heliumpay.com https://twitter.com/HeliumPay

We have attended industry workshops and we are also aware that businesses and organisations within the construction and infrastructure sector are now referencing our work in their marketing materials. We would ask anyone making use of our work to give proper attribution to either Helium or The Helium Blockchain Alliance.

While the above materials from the project sponsors makes partial references to a draft paper due out later this year, the process flow diagrams and other charts do not. We are an open source project, but we still ask that you give proper attribution.

For clarification to those new to our work, our development of at least one of the above charts can be traced back to a filmed event we helped to organise in June 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WszfphlmZA&t=671s

If you are searching for the Construction Smart Contracts Committee, some of their work is also based on our proposals for integrating distributed ledgers and smart contracts into supply chain dependent sectors, such as the construction sector. We will be releasing some further details on our approach to smart contracts after we have released a proposal on resolving the scaling constraints on extensive use of smart contracts within sectors that rely extensively on peaks in logistics for relatively short periods of time.
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:21:00 PM

If you are working in the construction sector or you provide enterprise software to the construction sector and you are using Google to find information about the Helium Blockchain Alliance, this is one of the forums where you can get in contact with the Helium team.

You can also contact the team via our website or social media, heliumpay.com https://twitter.com/HeliumPay

We have attended industry workshops and we are also aware that businesses and organisations within the construction and infrastructure sector are now referencing our work in their marketing materials. We would ask anyone making use of our work to give proper attribution to either Helium or The Helium Blockchain Alliance.

While the above materials from the project sponsors makes partial references to a draft paper due out later this year, the process flow diagrams and other charts do not. We are an open source project, but we still ask that you give proper attribution.

For clarification to those new to our work, our development of at least one of the above charts can be traced back to a filmed event we helped to organise in June 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WszfphlmZA&t=671s

If you are searching for the Construction Smart Contracts Committee, some of their work is also based on our proposals for integrating distributed ledgers and smart contracts into supply chain dependent sectors, such as the construction sector. We will be releasing some further details on our approach to smart contracts after we have released a proposal on resolving the scaling constraints on extensive use of smart contracts within sectors that rely extensively on peaks in logistics for relatively short periods of time.

Bravo! Glad to see you're alive and have all your fingers and toes!

lusa

Activity: 109
Merit: 5

hodl

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:03:23 AM

I started to think , everyone is related with this project somehow disappeared or were abducted by aliens except bitcoinkw. Good to see everyone come together again. Delays can be acceptable but waiting without knowing what’s going on was really disappointing. At least community has been great. I enjoy trollbox. Just show up and talk with trolls like us. Good luck.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:29:27 AM

Crafting a blockchain platform cant be done in months. It is going to take years to lay the foundation of a working blockchain ecosystem . Helium is one heck of a blockchain application. Nicer to have an update as to where the project stands now.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: