Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:24:59 PM

If there was a prize for Bitcointalk thread with most
repeated questions, I do believe this one would win... Roll Eyes

repeated questions, I do believe this one would win

Fucking farm bot spammers....

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:03:21 AM

repeated questions, I do believe this one would win... Roll Eyes

repeated questions, I do believe this one would win

Fucking farm bot spammers....

yeah, no doubt. They sell high ranking accounts for spamming and bounty hunting on ico campaigns. I had my acct stolen and sold and got it back thanks to Themos. I'm glad they put in the merit system. That will make it a little harder for them.

On a positive note I was able to get the Linux wallet working and on testnet. Graham has done an outstanding job on them. He truly is a genius artist. If you get a free 10 mins then read the post mentioned by Karma. It explains a lot in terms of the delay and what their plans are moving forward. Guy's a class act. If you were curious on the coins situation he talked about it in detail:

"- @coins101's involvement is purely up to him at this point. He took an unannounced step back in the fall of 2017 and eventually communications and engagement dwindled to the point where I had to make a choice.  I either walked away as he may have already done or I attempt to pick up the pieces of a project that's focus is not my core background (supply chain is @coins101 wheelhouse). The understanding originally was always that I would support him from the cryptocurrency side on Helium given that construction and infrastructure are his passions.

There was also some Enterprise partnerships maturing and concern about Evolution for Dash that he also wanted to see pan out and thus extend the launch. At the same time I had some personal matters in my own life including my health take over so it was not an easy decision of where to put my focus once he had taken a step back from the cryptocurrency side. In the end the choice was made to stick it out and replace  / swap out any pieces on the project that did not make sense going forward.  I sold my businesses to help facilitate getting Helium off the ground so that my focus could be here. The lost opportunity cost I have incurred over the last 1.5 years is hard to calculate so Helium is about legacy for me as much as it is about creating purchasing power. From the conversations I have had with @coins101 he is happy to continue his Enterprise dealings and has recruited people to that effort that I have engaged with.  He will decide what level of engagement he wishes to have in the project going forward as we are clearly moving on. I do not know the reasons for his decisions but he is free to do what he wants and he assumes the responsibility of those actions.

Should he prove to not contribute and completely cease communication post-launch then the project naturally evolves without him and it becomes a piece of the Helium's early history. The loan he made is being held in escrow until he returns and he is receiving no payment for his first year of work on the project. As @teela said, please refrain from posting personal details about him or anyone else that wishes to remain private within the community. I consider this matter settled now as going forward we have evolved past the point of that early leadership dynamic."

Karma, I hope you don't mind me updating these folks. BCTers are pretty loyal to this place and may not hit slack.
bxxxGooDxxxd

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:44:28 AM

Add "HELIUM" to TOP Masternodes https://l2rx.com

Your coin: "# 174 HELIUM" https://l2rx.com/add.php

Cry
Vcxz

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:29:29 PM

Good day,

The launch is coming along nicely so it is time for an update on things

Please feel free to check out the latest Helium update that focuses on the pending launch, governance, the leadership team and some house cleaning items from the previous year:

https://medium.com/@jasonmcassidy/helium-pre-launch-update-853a6d161382

Nice info on this update. Cheers
ngochuyen0071

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:17:22 AM

I really am excited with what is going here at Helium. Devs are really crafting  an innovative cryptocurrency with exciting features that never seen before from other projects.
faetos

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:45:27 AM

Testnet is up and running. We've been running wallets, making transactions, and playing with mining. It's all testnet, so it isn't any sort of real HLM. Anyway, if you want to give it a go we got instructions on how to download the testnet wallet for osx, winx, and linux. I run my stuff on linux, so if you want to try it out here are the instructions for that (ubuntu 16.04):

git clone https://github.com/gjhiggins/diproton
cd diproton/
git checkout flibbertygibbert
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev libboost-all-dev libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb --with-qrencode --disable-tests --disable-bench --with-gui
make
sudo make install

The osx and winx are much easier. To run the client make sure you specify -testnet or if you run one of the binary clients specify testnet=1 in the config file. All this goodness can be found here: https://onetrollbox.slack.com/messages/C6F7VAFFA/
tradingdisaster

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:34:50 PM

Devs are really crafting  an innovative cryptocurrency with exciting features that never seen before from other projects.

For example?
Martins17

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:23:16 PM

Where can i buy or will be able to buy this coin?  Huh
lusa

Activity: 109
Merit: 5

hodl

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:51:52 PM

Where can i buy or will be able to buy this coin?  Huh

Chain has not launched yet but soon devs will launch. We have a wallet and and test net. After launch, you can buy at cryptopia. Other exchanges will follow ,I hope.
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:13:38 PM

I really am excited with what is going here at Helium. Devs are really crafting  an innovative cryptocurrency with exciting features that never seen before from other projects.

noob account. classic spam bot comment. with one variable field ..."Helium"  

not rocket science

Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:48:21 AM

The thing that worries me about this whole situation is why not tell us. Instead of watching us all asking 'when launch' for months why didnt your team just pop in and say it. Hey ppls one of the founding members bailed on me give me some time to figure out the details. It would have shown more fortitude then to leave the general holders wondering why for so long. (Months in this case).

Hindsight is 20/20 but that alone would have been pretty standard because from my estimation none of this team is young and wisdom does come from age.
TheDropCoinProjectTeam
Copper Member

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:37:36 AM

So it's been over a year and this is still in progress?

I'm absolutely stunned. I have to say that seems like they are doing something right because, for a non released project and having over 100+ pages, that's just bizarre

Either they have given false hope, or spam bot OR they are really the next big thing waiting to happen..

PICK 1
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:50:12 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 01:07:41 PM by sirazimuth

My bet is on  "they are really the next big thing waiting to happen..."
The fact it's taking so long bodes well in my view.
After all, this isn't just another garbage scammy-ass cash grabbing  ICO that spring up daily
in the crypto theater,complete with an Ann thread infested with teen aged crypto-credulous noobs
who think they are gonna get rich in a day because they got in early and bought a billion worthless tokens...

....damn!  this coffee is good...  Cheesy

pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:14:53 PM

My bet is on  "they are really the next big thing waiting to happen..."
The fact it's taking so long bodes well in my view.
After all, this isn't just another garbage scammy-ass cash grabbing  ICO that spring up daily
in the crypto theater,complete with an Ann thread infested with teen aged crypto-credulous noobs
who think they are gonna get rich in a day because they got in early and bought a billion worthless tokens...

....damn!  this coffee is good...  Cheesy
I like the last word from you, " ..damn! this coffee is good  Grin"
Celendion

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:43:47 PM

Everything is as usual. Different people with different opinions. But the desire is the same, as the pesimists and critics, and the aptemists. Everyone wants to wait for a working product. I also, at first, praised, then criticized, and now took a neutral streak and just wait.

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
R  E  P  U  B  L  I  A
PRE-SALE :  23.08 - 23.09
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   █
Highly Efficient Technology
Secure & Transparent
Full Democracy
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
rrolltoll

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:10:55 AM

Can i get update if dev team plan to honor tha snapshot which happened on October?
Is it going to be another snapshot? Says so in first page?

"We will be looking at a snapshot of the Spreadcoin addresses on a well advertised specific date, giving people plenty of notice. Discussions with exchanges will take place prior to any formal details being released."

Thanks Cheesy

faetos

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:23:20 AM

I don't see this as a scam ico or anything like that. You have some dedicated folks trying to get the coin and business off the ground.  A lot of folks are doing work on the effort to move it along, some pro bono, because they like the community and there are some standup folks that have put a lot on the line to make this thing happen. If it were one of those clone n dumps then it would've released with a half-ass build last year and then silence. I like helping with the project even though I missed the airdrop and have zero skin in this game. Sometimes it's just fun to code and help Smiley

They're making pretty good progress and we've gotten 3 masternodes up in testnet. Feel free to play in the environment and help out. If you have any questions on how to get a masternode up in testnet feel free to ping me or join us on slack.
kiky27

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:18:03 AM

I don't see this as a scam ico or anything like that. You have some dedicated folks trying to get the coin and business off the ground.  A lot of folks are doing work on the effort to move it along, some pro bono, because they like the community and there are some standup folks that have put a lot on the line to make this thing happen. If it were one of those clone n dumps then it would've released with a half-ass build last year and then silence. I like helping with the project even though I missed the airdrop and have zero skin in this game. Sometimes it's just fun to code and help Smiley

They're making pretty good progress and we've gotten 3 masternodes up in testnet. Feel free to play in the environment and help out. If you have any questions on how to get a masternode up in testnet feel free to ping me or join us on slack.

Hello, sorry for my English, but it's translated directly from google traslator. I would like to obtain a masternode in testnet, could you tell me the steps that I have to follow to obtain it?
faetos

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:10:25 PM

Testnet Masternode Guide:

What do you need?
10000 tHLM
1 main wallet on a host with the 10000 tHLM
1 wallet on your masternode
masternode with a public IP or NATed
make sure port TCP 19009 is open to the masternode IP for testnet

Note: port 19009 and 10000 tHLM are specific for testnet.

Steps - modified from here for Helium Testnet: https://pivxmasternode.org/2017/03/08/step-step-guide-setting-masternode/

1) Using the main wallet, enter the debug console and type the following command:
```masternode genkey```
- this is the masternode privkey

2) Using the main wallet still, enter the following command:
```getaccountaddress your_masternode_name_aka_alias```
- copy the address

3) In main wallet send 10000 tHLM to the copied address

4) Still in the main wallet, enter the command into the console:
```masternode outputs```
 - proof that it went through, needed for next step

5) On the place where the main wallet is go to the Helium testnet directory:

Linux: ~/.helium/testnet4
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Helium or ~/.helium/testnet4
Win: %Appdata%/Helium/testnet4

Find masternode.conf and add the following line to it:
<Name of Masternode(Use the name you entered earlier for simplicity)> <Unique IP address>:19009 <The result of Step 1> <Result of Step 4> <The number after the long line in Step 4>
Example:
```masternode_name_aka_alias 31.14.135.27:19009 892WPpkqbr7sr6Si4fdsfssjjapuFzAXwETCrpPJubnrmU6aKzh c8f4965ea57a68d0e6dd384324dfd28cfbe0c801015b973e7331db8ce018716999 1```

Substitute it with your own values and without the “<>”s

6) Still on the main computer, open the helium.conf file (Find it or use the edit the config file in the helium-qt client under “Tools”). Make it look like this:

```rpcuser=long random username
 rpcpassword=longer random password
 rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
 listen=0
 server=1
 daemon=1
 logtimestamps=1
 maxconnections=256```
Save it, close and restart the wallet.

6) Still on the main computer, open the helium.conf file (Find it or use the edit the config file in the helium-qt client under “Tools”). Make it look like this:

```rpcuser=long random username
 rpcpassword=longer random password
 rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
 listen=0
 server=1
 daemon=1
 logtimestamps=1
 maxconnections=256```
Save it, close and restart the wallet.

7) Now on the masternode, find the helium testnet data directory here.(Linux: ~/.helium/testnet4). Open the helium.conf file and make it look like this:

```rpcuser=long random username that you used in last step
 rpcpassword=longer random password that you used in last step
 rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
 listen=1
 server=1
 daemon=1
 logtimestamps=1
 maxconnections=256
 masternode=1
 externalip=your unique public ip address - or your NAT address, whatsmyip.org will see it
 bind=your unique public ip address, IP of the system - ifconfig -a will show it
 masternodeaddr=your unique public ip address - or your NAT address, whatsmyip.org will see it
 masternodeprivkey=Result of Step 1```

Cool Close and restart this masternode wallet.

9) On main wallet (not masternode) open debug and enter:

```masternode start-alias lockwallet our_masternode_name_aka_alias```
- remember the name you gave it in step 2

If you did it right, you should see something like this:

```{
                       "overall" : "Successfully started 1 masternode, failed to start 0, total 1",
                       "detail" : {
                          "status" : {
                             "alias" : "mn1",
                             "result" : "successful"
                         }
                 }```

10) Use the following command to check status:

```masternode status```

You should see something like:

```{
"vin" : "CTxIn(COutPoint(masternode output, index
), scriptSig=)",
"service" : "ip:19009",
"pubkey" : "masternode address",
"status" : "Masternode successfully started"
}```
faetos

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:12:25 PM

that's a cut-n-paste from slack on my guide. On the masternode you may want to run the commands under the cli like: /usr/local/bin/heliumd -daemon -testnet  - commands are sent via helium-cli, such as: helium-cli -testnet masternode status

that way you keep the server headless (without X) since you don't need it
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: