Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:00:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you save bitcoin for fun or for future purpose?  (Read 204057 times)
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:55:35 AM

There is no point in holding up bitcoin when prices are going down and you already buy it on a higher price. you have to sell that coin to reduce your margin of loss. Saving bitcoin for future is good but only if you have the guts to not to worry if the prices are getting too low.
But those people who were holding their bitcoins tightly when the prices were trading below $300 levels are now enjoying their benefits. I'm not seeing any problem in holding bitcoins in all types of fluctuations as bitcoin prices are always bouncing back to higher levels.

Unfortunately those who are closely watching prices are making panic decisions and regretting later. We just need to follow Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto like how he's holding his bitcoins, we can also become successful just by holding bitcoin for long times.

They won't panic and then regret if they are really firm and have no doubt in their investment.  The reason for them selling their bitcoin is, they do not have faith that their Bitcoin holdings will increase in price.  As a result they often sell at the first glance of decline in price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 08:04:27 AM

Saving bitcoin is not for fun but rather a good purpose for the future because if we are holding a bitcoin value for a long time, we will be earning better profit. If you just view saving is just for fun, then you must be wasting profit if you earned it in the future and don't value the money you have. You should be serious with every investments that you do and must think on the importance, in every aspects of your plans and good reasons why we are investing for the future.

chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:51:55 AM

At first i just love to spend most of my bitcoin in buying food. Which isto be considered as for the future of my stomach and a fun time eating as well but when i started to earn much bigger then another plan for my future is what i am aiming for now.
JANGKRIK BOSS

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:03:31 AM

Of course both, but if requested must select one then I select the future purpose, I'm sure someday bitcoin will be popular and widely accepted by States so that kept me optimistic with the future of the bitcoin.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:39:25 PM

Of course both, but if requested must select one then I select the future purpose, I'm sure someday bitcoin will be popular and widely accepted by States so that kept me optimistic with the future of the bitcoin.
Saving or planning for the future is the best way to predict it. I also believe that bitcoin will be accepted and it will become very popular in different parts of the world and i'm sure, in that time the price is too high and i can sell all my saved bitcoins and build my dreams Cool
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 01:48:22 PM

There is no point in holding up bitcoin when prices are going down and you already buy it on a higher price. you have to sell that coin to reduce your margin of loss. Saving bitcoin for future is good but only if you have the guts to not to worry if the prices are getting too low.

There is only no point on holding your bitcoin if you are a panic seller, I mean just a temporary DUMP of bitcoin, and you have just sold it all because of being scared of losing your profits, but did you have a profit when you sell your bitcoins just because of a temporary DUMP?, NO, maybe yes but not a huge one, why? because you could have a larger profit if you didn't panic just because of a temporary DUMP, it is just normal, and bitcoins price would go back to normal in no time, most of the time its price goes up even more higher than its last price after its DUMP state.

So, if we are saving, and holding our bitcoins because we believe that it is a good idea to earn profits in the long run, then we don't have to panic every time that DUMP state happens to bitcoin, all we have to do is to relax and wait until it go back again on the way it is or even more, in that way, we could have a huge profit just like what we are expecting.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:52:36 PM

I have never heard that someone would collect bitcoins just for fun. I think everyone do it with the expectation that bitcoin will rise to 5000$ or higher, just like I do Wink
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:58:15 PM

I have never heard that someone would collect bitcoins just for fun. I think everyone do it with the expectation that bitcoin will rise to 5000$ or higher, just like I do Wink

Yeah, how will that bitcoin user treat bitcoin if he is just collecting it for fun? I think that is weird. All of the users here want to earn bitclin to have profit, earn them, save them, buy things you want and earn more.
I am not expecting bitcoin to get that price higher, but if it happen? I will be really glad.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:34:56 PM

I have always wanted to save my Bitcoin. However since my only mode of online payment (and online income) is Bitcoin, I have to spend them. If I were to save all my signature campaign payments, today I would have close to 1 BTC. I mostly use my Bitcoin for games and investment - creating web services. Although my online business haven't really take off, and despite spending more than what I earn, I believe that I will get an ROI pretty soon.

So support this (shameless) promoter and loyal Bitcoiner by visiting is pay to post forums at http://www.thebitzone.com/. Smiley.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:02:32 PM

Well I wouldn't save Bitcoin for fun because it's a serious business and I'm sure a greater number of the people in it are here for future profits. We share a belief that the prices will rise past $10k per BTC and so we're saving for the future.
Tuyul Gupies

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:15:49 PM

I actually save bitcoin is for my future savings in old age later, now I invest my bitcoin for long term
Kabul

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:23:39 PM

I agree. People have an intention to hold Bitcoin for the long term to earn money. They believe that they prices of Bitcoin is made to increase and so do I. Therefore, they want to hold Bitcoin to earn more money in fiat

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:37:52 PM

i am not quite money saver but i am just using this awesome technology for my pocket money only, it is a right time and best way for me to get knowledge as much as can gather and understand these stuffs because its my study age. when i reach career age i am sure i can manage money in a cool way because i am getting experienced with btc
sorehammer

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:46:37 PM

I agree. People have an intention to hold Bitcoin for the long term to earn money. They believe that they prices of Bitcoin is made to increase and so do I. Therefore, they want to hold Bitcoin to earn more money in fiat

Holding bitcoins for the future is the right thing to do as bitcoin is growing and it will be more valuable in future so instead of spending them its better to save them for future as we can earn more money in fiat if we sell them when price will be higher in future and no one will save bitcoin for fun as everyone's main aim is to earn more money from it.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:51:42 PM

I don't really hold Bitcoin as much as I should. The only reason for me not holding any large amounts of Bitcoins would be because I usually don't have that much stuff that I want to purchase online or offline. Bitcoin is an interesting method to getting cash plus betting on online games, I just don't need to use it as much. If the transaction confirmation issues were fixed then more people would spend Bitcoin frequently. Maybe that will happen one day.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Mr.Nath

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

We Also Sell GINGER, BITTER KOLA, GALLSTONE, etc.

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:59:42 PM

People that store bitcoin for fun are those who are stinkingly wealthy....... Theydont care if the value increases/decreases...

I store it for future purpose and not for fun...

DO YOU NEED ANYTHING IN NIGERIA/AFRICA? I can help you source for whatever you need.

You can hire me as your Nigerian Agent call/whatsapp +2348036932174.
Mr.Nath

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

We Also Sell GINGER, BITTER KOLA, GALLSTONE, etc.

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:03:40 PM

People that store bitcoin for fun are those who are stinkingly wealthy....... Theydont care if the value increases/decreases...

DO YOU NEED ANYTHING IN NIGERIA/AFRICA? I can help you source for whatever you need.

You can hire me as your Nigerian Agent call/whatsapp +2348036932174.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:08:18 PM

believe it or not during my first year in bitcoin I was doing it for pure fun , cause here you can't really buy or cash out bitcoins easily
I was collecting bitcoins from faucets and poker freerolls , then I built a small roll and started playing poker with that money
bitcoin was a replacement of Zynga poker for me  Smiley
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:21:19 PM

You're quite right actually, I've noticed that as well. People that have been mining Bitcoin since 2010 or so have mined the coins just for testing purposes and put them somewhere for years. I am pretty sure that the people that lost their Bitcoins because they forgot where they put their wallet wasn't thinking that the price was going to get passed $1,000 per coin.

If the people want Bitcoin in the near future then I would suggest that they hold onto their wallets and not worry about it.

For me only holding them is a very boring process so I will give a try to grow them by doing trades and investments and if luck favors me then I will be growing my bitcoins in really quick time and at the same time it will give me instant profits too as holding will never grow amount of my coins.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:40:54 PM

If by fun you mean nothing but to save and be happy then no one is doing like that everyone earn money for their needs and if they will save them then they will save for their future purpose. while if by fun you mean for living a luxurious life then I will say that yes everyone want that and everyone who find opportunity save for that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: