Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:40:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: did you place all your funds into bitcoin?  (Read 123563 times)
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:16:43 PM

I am thinking .. to put all my money in bitcoin what do you think? is it a good way to grow my money? or it is risky or.. ?
I place all my fund into bitcoin on the poloniex Poloniex is an online money trading on where you can invest your bitcoin.You can also buy bitcoin and wait until the value of bitcoin increase,and you can also sell your bitcoin.
although bitcoin is a safe investment but still it is not a good decision to put all your money in bitcoin, because no one  know about the future, anything can happen in future, therefore we need to distribute our assets in different places and secondly the most important is that we should hold some assets in cash so that we can easily use it if we need it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:25:51 PM

No I did not place all my funds to bitcoin because it's not a good idea to put everything in one basket. And I want to earn more so I put some of my funds in altcoins and I just wait for them to pump. If out of 5 altcoins I invested 3 will br x10 after 3 months then I will have a good profit.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
grim007

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:07:38 PM

is it a good way to grow my money? or it is risky or.. ?
Bitcoin must be the right way for your growing your money. But no one can be sure about the future so no one can give you guarantee about the returns and the rate of growth of your money. If you are ready to risk, you can invest up to 80% of your total investment money into bitcoins and keep the remaining 20% into other investment types.

Back in 2010 year ... In 2010 you can put all your money in Bitcoin ... In 2017 - it's big foolishness
You got any explanation why we can put all our money into bitcoin investment in the year 2010. At that time bitcoin was very new project definitely people would have been afraid to invest with all their money.

I believe you are talking about the percentage of return one investor might got from the year 2010. But I'm not seeing any difference in terms of risk between 2010 and 2017.

The risk factor will depend on the person capability on handling situations, choosing investing companies or ico legitimacy will depend in how we read and choose it. If we were investing year 2010 then year 2017 taking risk is no longer a problem. Though investing and putting all our btc is a risk for we can't always be sure what may happen in future.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:43:32 PM

No I did not place all my funds to bitcoin because it's not a good idea to put everything in one basket. And I want to earn more so I put some of my funds in altcoins and I just wait for them to pump. If out of 5 altcoins I invested 3 will br x10 after 3 months then I will have a good profit.

Yes, it will be wrong to go ahead solely with Bitcoin when we have hundreds of cryptocurrencies. I personally invested in 36 cryptocurrencies at present of which 5-6 have more funds than what I am holding in BTC. Along with this, I also invested in Mutual Funds and Stock Market.
Everyone should have similar strategy to make maximum profits.
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 06:07:42 PM

I used to split my asset in 2 and while keeping half of it in Bitcoin, i used the other half for investing in different coins for future pumps and perhaps some surprises. Although trading in altcoin market is a lot of fun and you can sometimes make good money, I have realized that in the end i ended up with loosing money. This is not only because i have made some wrong chocies (which we all do sometimes), but because Bitcoin raised more than what i managed to make in trading. So couple of months ago, i have decided to make my investment share a lot smaller and trust in Bitcoin. And i did that in spite of thinking that Bitcoin price will drop in near future. I also believe that eventually in the long term, Bitcoin will be the one to make its investors most happy. I hope it will prove me right.

royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:15:11 PM

Yes, it will be wrong to go ahead solely with Bitcoin when we have hundreds of cryptocurrencies. I personally invested in 36 cryptocurrencies at present of which 5-6 have more funds than what I am holding in BTC. Along with this, I also invested in Mutual Funds and Stock Market.
If anyone is talking of bitcoin alone in this world of crytocurrency he is cheating himself. If one understands the value of crowdsale, one will make the most of the time
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:15:09 PM

If anyone is talking of bitcoin alone in this world of crytocurrency he is cheating himself. If one understands the value of crowdsale, one will make the most of the time

Focusing only on Bitcoin be a fools act, but till now only few altcoins seems to be promising.
And Newbies basically sticks with Bitcoin because they entered crypto world with BTC and the trust is strong and also it had showed its potential.

But once they understand this, indulging in others, will actually help to increase wealth much faster. Bitcoin reached a point where it will increase for sure, but it might take time to rise gradually.
Absentis

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:40:00 AM

I haven't put my all funds in bitcoins but have invested around 30% of my wealth in it and rest I have invested in real estates as if bitcoin disappears in future but real estate is not going anywhere and it will give me best returns in long term.
yes i also did not put all my money in bitcoin and the reason that that i am not sure about the price of bitcoin that wither the price of bitcoin is going high or low.
Putting all of your money in one investment is not necessary for business. Hence, we should only invest the percentage of our all funds so we can recover our loss from using other funds to invest.
I agree on that  we shouldn't place all of our money in one place at a time. I think it's better not to take all opportunities than risking ourselves one something we are not sure. We shouldn't step up on something we don't know.
You are actually wrong. The big mistake of the other investor is they are afraid to invest their money to the bitcoin, they don't have trust and the are afraid to lose their money. We should stand and invest our money with 100% sure.
Actually no one gets wrong if the person is certain on what he/she invests or knows how to take a risk then there's nothing to worry. Not unless the person is not ready for any risk for his money. It's a matter of choice and if it means a lot to him by putting his money on bitcoin, then for sure he trusts and prepared to whatever circumstances that may prevail. Bitcoin has decreasing and increasing point but then some people are loyal so they place all their funds into bitcoin knowing than sooner or later it will inrease and they might be fortunate with that. On the other hand, whether they lose some money at least they tried and they will rise again. That's life-sometimes you're on top and sometimes you're at the bottom whichever you are,keep going.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:34:36 AM

Right. Though i'm holding most of my btcs for safer long term profit, i leave some for other altcoin investments. I've kept half of the total btcs i have for long term hold and i divided the other half into five altcoin investments which are currently down right now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:22:40 PM

I suggest dont invest all your money in bitcoin because even the price continue to increasw they have possoblity also the price will dump like in the near of august 1 many people said bitcoin crash and go back to the price of 1000 so be careful . But if you want to invest .invest only money you can afford to lose.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:56:00 PM

I suggest dont invest all your money in bitcoin because even the price continue to increasw they have possoblity also the price will dump like in the near of august 1 many people said bitcoin crash and go back to the price of 1000 so be careful . But if you want to invest .invest only money you can afford to lose.
That is only speculation, bitcoin was crash in to $1000 how true? I can't denied that bitcoin price is decreasing but definitely it is a part of marketing strategies or maybe due to competition of altcoins in the market. However, I agreed to your suggestion that cannot place all funds in the bitcoin, because we can't sure how long bitcoin value stays on the top.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:01:04 PM

I haven't put my all funds in bitcoins but have invested around 30% of my wealth in it and rest I have invested in real estates as if bitcoin disappears in future but real estate is not going anywhere and it will give me best returns in long term.
yes i also did not put all my money in bitcoin and the reason that that i am not sure about the price of bitcoin that wither the price of bitcoin is going high or low.
Putting all of your money in one investment is not necessary for business. Hence, we should only invest the percentage of our all funds so we can recover our loss from using other funds to invest.
But investing in bitcoin is not like a business but it is like converting our money in another currency and saving it because everyone now know that bitcoin is a currency and is used as a currency. The price of bitcoin now going on to increase and will increase more so it is not bad to put all of our money in bitcoin.
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:58:02 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 01:56:19 AM by stergium

But investing in bitcoin is not like a business but it is like converting our money in another currency and saving it because everyone now know that bitcoin is a currency and is used as a currency. The price of bitcoin now going on to increase and will increase more so it is not bad to put all of our money in bitcoin.
but currently we are using bitcoin as investment and for trading purposes, so we can consider it as a profitable business. in long run when bitcoin will become so muse common and people will use it as currency for everything they want It will take a lot of time because of the current less number of bitcoin users.
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:44:35 AM

Placing all funds into bitcoin is not a wise decision, but with a perfect planning investing into bitcoin gives the best profit. So that the profit earned through the same can be diversified on different investment platforms and the the diversification of investment will reduce the risk.
Its a worst decision if any of the individuals do that things. Though bitcoin was a very popular and trending in terms of online advertisement and online payment in digital world of currency.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:42:04 AM

I used to split my asset in 2 and while keeping half of it in Bitcoin, i used the other half for investing in different coins for future pumps and perhaps some surprises. Although trading in altcoin market is a lot of fun and you can sometimes make good money, I have realized that in the end i ended up with loosing money. This is not only because i have made some wrong chocies (which we all do sometimes), but because Bitcoin raised more than what i managed to make in trading. So couple of months ago, i have decided to make my investment share a lot smaller and trust in Bitcoin. And i did that in spite of thinking that Bitcoin price will drop in near future. I also believe that eventually in the long term, Bitcoin will be the one to make its investors most happy. I hope it will prove me right.
This is a real good strategy to split your investment so that the risk can be minimized and you may get some good chances to increased earnings as well.
Deciding to put all your funds or the major part of your funds into bitcoin is not a wise decision I guess. If you are ready and can bear more risk, then it’s cool otherwise it’s totally a wrong decision according to understanding.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:39:17 PM

NO, to me i think invest all money in bitcoin is good because its price will increase to high and nothing to decrease 1000$ and i think in the near August 1 its price will decrease to 2000$ and not more to decrease to below 2000$ and may be after the month of august its price will goes to again raise and goes to stability.
Paulyr

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:06:53 PM

I am thinking .. to put all my money in bitcoin what do you think? is it a good way to grow my money? or it is risky or.. ?
I don't throw all my money into Bitcoin, It's just like 70%- 80%. I do online jobs so that sometime, I need to pay money to local people. To do that, I need my money in my bank account, that's the reason why I don't let all my money in Bitcoin.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:27:59 PM

Placing all funds into bitcoin is not a wise decision, but with a perfect planning investing into bitcoin gives the best profit. So that the profit earned through the same can be diversified on different investment platforms and the the diversification of investment will reduce the risk.
Its a worst decision if any of the individuals do that things. Though bitcoin was a very popular and trending in terms of online advertisement and online payment in digital world of currency.
The juice is worth the squeeze. Well you can transform bitcoin into your own local currency. Many people took risks in past, now they play with millions, soon they’ll be playing with billions. It’s a fine strategy and risk is a part of business without it you won’t grow.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:28:21 PM

NO, to me i think invest all money in bitcoin is good because its price will increase to high and nothing to decrease 1000$ and i think in the near August 1 its price will decrease to 2000$ and not more to decrease to below 2000$ and may be after the month of august its price will goes to again raise and goes to stability.

well i do not think that anybody here will be foolish to invest all their funds and money in bitcoin because their may be a high risk of it if the price decrease, and you tell yourself that in august 1st its price will be decrease to 2000$, so how its possible that someone will invest only for losing money, half fund is suitable but not all because we cannot say anything about 1st august.
swapcity

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:32:09 PM

I always believe in diversifying my portfolio by investing my money in different products to minimize the risk of loosing money and bitcoin is a big risk to put all your money in it as the future of bitcoin is unpredictable and anything is possible in future and if bitcoin disappears then I will be loosing all my money at once.

I do the opposite by putting my money in one most trusted coin selected by me. This way I ensure my profit and safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: