Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:22:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Sell  (Read 72347 times)
momagic

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:07:09 AM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?
See the markets, see the traders' feeling, see the projects if it is growing up or getting down. I uasually have a profit limitation, when I hit the wanting profits, I stop holding and sell them immediatly, it enables me to keep the profit and prevent much lost.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:52:46 PM

I always hold when trading altcoin, what I do is play longterm because it is better than fast trader, clay few coins in polo or bittrex lot of that increase is almost 500%, play longterm today are very nice, but we do not know how long we hold the coin, the point must be very patient
Well, I would rather to hold than to sell. In addition to that, Holding is the best strategy that will help to gain a good profit. Some people hold their bitcoin or altcoin and wait for the right to sell it because they know that there is a possibility that the price of bitcoin and altcoin will rapidly increase. However, I think it will depends to the people who having bitcoin or altcoin.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:27:01 PM

I always hold when trading altcoin, what I do is play longterm because it is better than fast trader, clay few coins in polo or bittrex lot of that increase is almost 500%, play longterm today are very nice, but we do not know how long we hold the coin, the point must be very patient
Well, I would rather to hold than to sell. In addition to that, Holding is the best strategy that will help to gain a good profit. Some people hold their bitcoin or altcoin and wait for the right to sell it because they know that there is a possibility that the price of bitcoin and altcoin will rapidly increase. However, I think it will depends to the people who having bitcoin or altcoin.
I agree with you bro, sometimes some users were panic when they see value of bitcoin and altcoins were decreasing. That's why they immediately sell it to avoid loses to their income but, they can't imagine that after selling their coins prices of them were increasing again that cause of regret to their decisions made. That's why the best way I suggest is to hold it for the mean time, because bitcoin now in the market was continuous increasing, don't be scared to a little bit declining of prices due to it's only part of marketing strategies of bitcoin.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:10:11 PM

i still hold my btc Smiley i think it will raise nextmonth. hope that will up to 2k8
I still going to hold my bitcoin. It is now dropping but good thing that it didn't crash quickly. The price is only falling for awhile but still it's good for consideration that the price of bitcoin is still high. I want to see it higher than your expectation, it's $3,000 - $5,000.
tha tis good and most of the people are going to hold, they do not want  to become part of panic selling, bitcoin is really getting good support at 2500$ and hope that it will boost from here.

Yes because if we are going to add to the panic selling the price will go down too. And that's why it's better to trust the movement of bitcoin's price and just keep on waiting. The best thing comes to those who can wait, just be patient and don't panic people just keep on hodlin your bitcoins on your wallets.

yes you are right holding is the best option now a days because there is 99% chances that bitcoin price will reach to 3000$ next month or in the middle of this month because the price of bitcoin is now gradually increasing and the good way is that buying at this time is better, just keep calm and hold your bitcoin to get a good profit in near future.
Bowly88

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:38:11 PM

it depends on the coin and it depends on the timing and it also depends on how much i have at stake.
if it is bitcoin we are talking about, i hold and even if i am trading and miss the selling target i never worry since it will be reached sooner or later.

but about altcoins i usually dump them as fast as i get the profit. for some coins it is 10% and for some of them it is 70% to 100% but if i see the rise is still going i can always buy back in one of the dips and get more profit. but i never wait around if i get the feeling that dump is nearing i will dump faster than anybody else can. and so far i have been successful to make profit.
I agree, it depends on the coins. If the value of the coin is still below average Im gonna hold it. But if it rises, it probably gonna sell it. And for altcoin I also dump some of it but bot all, I hold some of it in case there is a sudden change in values.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:04:40 PM

Holding altcoins for long term is very risky as you never know when its price will crash so the best way to play with altcoins is to sell them when its giving you good profits but when it comes to bitcoins then I prefer to hold it for a long term as price will surely go higher in future.

That depends on the quality of the alt-coins. If you are talking about shitcoins then I agree, but their are a lot of quality alt coins that could go up many times higher than btc in a shorter time frame.
aqrulesms

Activity: 373

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:21:17 PM

Holding altcoins for long term is very risky as you never know when its price will crash so the best way to play with altcoins is to sell them when its giving you good profits but when it comes to bitcoins then I prefer to hold it for a long term as price will surely go higher in future.

That depends on the quality of the alt-coins. If you are talking about shitcoins then I agree, but their are a lot of quality alt coins that could go up many times higher than btc in a shorter time frame.

Yes just look at XMR, ETH and XRP they went high like anything so people who bought them at lower price and have put on hold have made huge profits from it and you cannot make that high profits by holding only bitcoins as price will never touch the moon overnight.

██ ██    ██ ██    ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██  ██
      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██    ██ ██ ██      ██    ██ ██ ██
   ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄
   ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██    ██  
▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
     ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
    ██  ▄  ▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄  ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
        ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
        ▀▀  ▀ ▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀  ▀  ██ ██
         ██ ██ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ██ ██ ▄ ▄▄
           ▄▄  ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀      ▄▄ ▀▀
           ▀▀    ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀
UCHAIN  ▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
.████████████████████████.
██████████████████████████
███▄     ███████     ▄████
█████     █████     ██████
█████ ▌    ███▌     ██████
█████ █     █▌ ▐    ██████
█████ ██      ▐█    ██████
█████ ███    ▐██    ██████
████▀ ▀███   ███    ██████
██▀     ▀██ ██▀      ▀████
██████████████▀     ▀█████
███ ▀████████▌        ▄███
███    ▀████▀        ▄████
███                 ▐█████
████                ▐█████
██████              ██████
███████           ▄███████
██████▀         ▄█████████
████▄▄      ▄▄████████████
.███████████████████████.
█████████████████████████
███████████████████▀▀▀███
█████████████▀▀▀ ▄    ███
████████▀▀     ▄█▀   ▐███
████▀▀       ▄█▀     ████
█▀         ▄██      ▐████
████▄▄▄  ▄██▀       █████
███████████        ▐█████
██████████         ██████
██████████ ▄██▄▄  ▐██████
█████████████████████████
.███████████████████████.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:49:23 PM

it depends on the coin and it depends on the timing and it also depends on how much i have at stake.
if it is bitcoin we are talking about, i hold and even if i am trading and miss the selling target i never worry since it will be reached sooner or later.

but about altcoins i usually dump them as fast as i get the profit. for some coins it is 10% and for some of them it is 70% to 100% but if i see the rise is still going i can always buy back in one of the dips and get more profit. but i never wait around if i get the feeling that dump is nearing i will dump faster than anybody else can. and so far i have been successful to make profit.
I agree, it depends on the coins. If the value of the coin is still below average Im gonna hold it. But if it rises, it probably gonna sell it. And for altcoin I also dump some of it but bot all, I hold some of it in case there is a sudden change in values.

Long term investment is really a very effective way to nake profits. Holding a altcoin for long time is really way for you to become rich. Yeah it is risky but I'm sure investing in altcoins is a good decision.
magmar

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:08:53 AM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%

I always go for hold to get the benefits of the highest possible profit I can get with Bitcoin and can be considered as investment.  But if you are looking for day trading, it is always the incoming news and rumors being spread around as my indicator of selling or buying Bitcoin.   Timing is quite hard but it can be easier if we set range profit to trigger buying and selling Bitcoins.  So it depends on what is one person's ideal, i go around for at least 10% earnings.
Yes it's true, the longer you hold it the higher value it would be. And it can be considered as an investment too because your gaining. And when it becomes in selling, probably might check out the latest news about bitcoins to know the right time to sell. And of course do not sell all of it, just a few, make a range.
Amevalentine

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:20:02 AM

i still hold my btc Smiley i think it will raise nextmonth. hope that will up to 2k8
I still going to hold my bitcoin. It is now dropping but good thing that it didn't crash quickly. The price is only falling for awhile but still it's good for consideration that the price of bitcoin is still high. I want to see it higher than your expectation, it's $3,000 - $5,000.
tha tis good and most of the people are going to hold, they do not want  to become part of panic selling, bitcoin is really getting good support at 2500$ and hope that it will boost from here.

Yes because if we are going to add to the panic selling the price will go down too. And that's why it's better to trust the movement of bitcoin's price and just keep on waiting. The best thing comes to those who can wait, just be patient and don't panic people just keep on hodlin your bitcoins on your wallets.
Hold its good wise option for now.
But there some condition some people will selling all them stock in market, that will affect price goes down in some recent time.
Are we need to look about market when u confident to keep it on long time?
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:59:00 AM

Hold its good wise option for now.
But there some condition some people will selling all them stock in market, that will affect price goes down in some recent time.
Are we need to look about market when u confident to keep it on long time?

When one is confident about the market there is no need of concerning about the market. It is purely upon the users personal interest. In fact right now holding is the best way rather than selling. The price is expected to increase to a higher extent and reach at least $4000 in a short time or before the year end.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:55:16 AM

Well to find out the bets alt coin is the difficult task other than ETH. You need to diversify whenever you are investing in alt coin. Only project which have good management team, who spends on campaigns, make payment on time, have some good features about coin should be ideal ones you can look to invest in it.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 06:30:27 AM

When one is confident about the market there is no need of concerning about the market. It is purely upon the users personal interest. In fact right now holding is the best way rather than selling. The price is expected to increase to a higher extent and reach at least $4000 in a short time or before the year end.

As of now, I'd rate the situation as positive. SegWit2x is still hovering around 85% to 87% support and Bitmain has indicated that they may no longer mine BTC (they are planning to use their hash power to mine another altcoin). IMO, you can expect $4,000 per coin (or even higher) by the end of August.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:07:15 AM

Well to find out the bets alt coin is the difficult task other than ETH. You need to diversify whenever you are investing in alt coin. Only project which have good management team, who spends on campaigns, make payment on time, have some good features about coin should be ideal ones you can look to invest in it.

Actually ETH is one the altcoins I sold. It went too high too fast and lots of ICO ETH will unlock that can be dumped.
quindalinchuck

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:39:10 AM

At the end of the day it all depends on the context of your investment; long term or short term.

Shutup

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:56:55 AM

This time holding bitcoin is very good.Whether bitcoin price is going up and down.Especially to those holder of many bitcoins that I know in coming time bitcoin will be on expensive increase price.I know that time will be the launching of bitcoin is the famous and powerful currency  to all the world.But on the other side they are panic selling most of the needy one they are selling now because price now is high.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:16:46 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 09:52:43 AM by Cosbycoin

Holding bitcoin is a best step to take. We must learn this great habit from Satoshi Nakamotto, he is saving from day of bitcoins. If you are holding bitcoin you will get more extra income as you invested right now or in a past. It will reach next month more than $3000 or above $3000 so yeah you have a taken a right step. Best of luck.
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:52:29 PM

to me i think a lot of altcoins are there who have good potential and their price is also high, therefore i think investment there in present time can be more profitable. but you need to be patient about selling your bitcoin.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:27:40 PM

Holding bitcoin is a best step to take. If you are holding bitcoin you will get more extra income as you invested right now or in a past. It will reach next month more than $3000 or above $3000 so yeah you have a taken a right step. Best of luck.
i am also in favour of holding bitcoin. i am sure that that after 1st August the price of bitcoin s going to increase too much therefore those people who have already bitcoin they should hold it in present time.
Vixmore

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:13:07 AM

Just hold on for now! There is no possible way that Bitcoin can crash anytime soon. The only way I can see fit is if it gets overtaken by another cryptocurrency, such as etheruem. But I doubt this. Bitcoin at this stage I not would consider it as a trading platform, but rather an investment. People want Bitcoin, and we can see this from its ever increasing popularity. It would be dumb to sell now and loose the possible profits. We can also see that bitcoin is going to stay here for a long time as a huge array of companies have heavily invested in it. One of these is Amazon. If they though bitcoin was not going to sustain itself, they would not accept it as a payment form today. Bitcoin is essentially a much more convenient form of payment  that people in the 21st century would want - it'll stick around for a long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: