Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:53:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool!  (Read 123665 times)
BurningToad (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:35:08 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2011, 04:46:40 PM by BurningToad

Sorry for the lack of activity lately.  Been a bit busy, and a bit less motivated thanks to BTC price ;P You may also be able to blame a friend of mine for getting me into league of legends....

Still busy the next few days, some people from out of town staying at my place.  However, maybe near the end of this week, or on the weekend, I want to do a few pool improvements.  

Items I want to look at first:

1) Server 2 stability.  Pushpool still randomly decides to use ~100% cpu on Server2 occasionally.  Haven't been able to figure out why.  Doesn't seem load related.  A simple pushpool restart fixes it most of the time.  If I can't figure out the issue, I need to write a script to detect the condition quickly, and restart it automatically, or see if I can just consolidate back to using one server ( would have to improve Server 1 performance somehow.)  The main server has been extremely stable in comparison, but a day or two ago we hit ~950 GH/s max, so I don't think just one server will cut it.

2) Fix block stats issues (missing blocks I have to add manually, and other such things.)  I started this work as part of the PPLNS stuff, so I need to get back to it and implement some fixes.  The main issues currently are related to finding blocks in very quick succession, or issues with blocks from server 2.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 07:50:04 PM

Sorry for the lack of activity lately.  Been a bit busy, and a bit less motivated thanks to BTC price ;P You may also be able to blame a friend of mine for getting me into league of legends....

Still busy the next few days, some people from out of town staying at my place.  However, maybe near the end of this week, or on the weekend, I want to do a few pool improvements.  

Items I want to look at first:

1) Server 2 stability.  Pushpool still randomly decides to use ~100% cpu on Server2 occasionally.  Haven't been able to figure out why.  Doesn't seem load related.  A simple pushpool restart fixes it most of the time.  If I can't figure out the issue, I need to write a script to detect the condition quickly, and restart it automatically, or see if I can just consolidate back to using one server ( would have to improve Server 1 performance somehow.)  The main server has been extremely stable in comparison, but a day or two ago we hit ~950 GH/s max, so I don't think just one server will cut it.

2) Fix block stats issues (missing blocks I have to add manually, and other such things.)  I started this work as part of the PPLNS stuff, so I need to get back to it and implement some fixes.  The main issues currently are related to finding blocks in very quick succession, or issues with blocks from server 2.

Seems like multiple pools are using poolseverj now and they seem to think it is more efficient for a large number of miners. Maybe this is worth looking into to keep a single server?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33142.0
BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 08:32:26 PM

Seems like multiple pools are using poolseverj now and they seem to think it is more efficient for a large number of miners. Maybe this is worth looking into to keep a single server?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33142.0

Yeah, I want to look into it again.  However, shifting the main server to it still might be a bit of a risk.  I think the largest pool using it is BTCGuild's PPS Beta, which is at ~85 GH/s.

It may be that I look into using it for Server 2 to resolve my pushpool problem there first.

BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:03:52 PM

So uh, we found a couple blocks...  Grin

Hotdog453

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:16:13 PM

There is no better feeling in the world than waking up and seeing a result like that.

My morning wood lasted until like 12PM today, it was fantastic AND awkward.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 04:13:37 PM

There is no better feeling in the world than waking up and seeing a result like that.

My morning wood lasted until like 12PM today, it was fantastic AND awkward.

Buffer went from 60 to almost 700. That's crazy.
http://stats.nuradu.com/

BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 05:36:54 PM

Things can move real quick (in either direction) with our higher hashrate these days.

And hotdog... lol...

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 06:55:50 PM

This has been be the best 1 day ever for ars. 16 blocks found on the 21st and the day even isn't over yet. Hopefully this will push us back into payouts every couple of hours with a big positive buffer.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 10:28:55 AM

Figures I've found 3 blocks since I started mining early August and I haven't even earned 100 coins yet  Roll Eyes

Anyways just wanted to say BT keep up the good work.  Definitely making ARS my home!  Got about 6.5 GH/s up now and can maybe push it to 8 if I can find out how to space the rigs in my wife's office without pissing her off  Wink
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 02:31:25 PM

Just reporting I'm getting frequent idle worker messages again now for about an hour.
I've once again switched back to btcGuild where it's rock solid.
I don't undertsand why this happens now and then.
Is it DOS attacks or something interfering?

Hotdog453

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:18:56 PM

Just reporting I'm getting frequent idle worker messages again now for about an hour.

Are you using server2? I sort of gave up on server2, since I'm too anal and hate seeing it disconnect/fail.

I've had no issues with idle workers here, on the main.
BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:48:40 PM

I've also been mad at server2 Tongue  Hopefully I can get it stable this weekend.

BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 04:10:01 PM

Are you using server2? I sort of gave up on server2, since I'm too anal and hate seeing it disconnect/fail.

I've had no issues with idle workers here, on the main.
No. I'm on the main server. But I did think about trying server2. Looks like I should wait.
I have no idea why I'm getting constant idling. It could be my end but I don't think it is because I can mine steady when I switch to btcguild. I prefer ArsBitcoin though.

I'm using Phoenix 1.62 and I find that idle messages often cause it to get stuck and not recover. So I have a monitor/restart script. Problem is each time it goes idle for more than a minute I end up losing more time as it restarts the miner. But I do find that both miners tend to go idle approx. the same times.

From 12pm to 2PM UTC I had miner restarts every few minutes. Then I changed to btcguild and it's been 50 minutes now without even one.

Would high latency cause the pool server to starve me and result in idles? I have about 350mS RTT from me to arsbitcoin.com.

BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 08:18:45 PM

It is likely that the main server is suffering load issues, since not many have switched to server2 due to the instability.  It may also be that your particular mining client or network connection has more trouble dealing with the these load symptoms than other miners.

For example, GUIMiner poclbm tells me "Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC" occasionally, but it doesn't say I've gone idle, and if I do go idle temporarily, it is able to reconnect without a restart.

BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2011, 01:04:02 AM

It is likely that the main server is suffering load issues, since not many have switched to server2 due to the instability.  It may also be that your particular mining client or network connection has more trouble dealing with the these load symptoms than other miners.

For example, GUIMiner poclbm tells me "Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC" occasionally, but it doesn't say I've gone idle, and if I do go idle temporarily, it is able to reconnect without a restart.
This sounds likely. I wonder if due to the high RTT my connections have to be kept open longer than most and then due to high load end up getting closed as others come in and push it beyond a limit value. This may happen if some max number of open connections is set and the server is at that limit. I'm just unlucky as I'm far away.

m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 10:41:42 AM

I'm hoping someone can help me with a stange problem. I usually send my mined coins to my Android wallet which is fantastic. It may say experimental i know but i have had no problems whereas with the PC(windows) version i lost a few coins when i first started out. NOw that my wallet on my phone is getting quite big, i decided to make one for my current PC (wallet). Easy enough so i sent some coins off my android wallet, took 5 minutes confirm on there but 12 hours later i still dont have them 5 coins in my wallet.

I dont know about the android version being experimental but the PC/windows version as never really worked well for me and ive lost many coins because of the windows software (bitcoin wallet, everything else is good) and im not risking more sending them to this adress i have.

Anyone have any ideas, otherwise ill just use experimental software, as it works.....

Smiley
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

I'm hoping someone can help me with a stange problem. I usually send my mined coins to my Android wallet which is fantastic. It may say experimental i know but i have had no problems whereas with the PC(windows) version i lost a few coins when i first started out. NOw that my wallet on my phone is getting quite big, i decided to make one for my current PC (wallet). Easy enough so i sent some coins off my android wallet, took 5 minutes confirm on there but 12 hours later i still dont have them 5 coins in my wallet.

I dont know about the android version being experimental but the PC/windows version as never really worked well for me and ive lost many coins because of the windows software (bitcoin wallet, everything else is good) and im not risking more sending them to this adress i have.

Anyone have any ideas, otherwise ill just use experimental software, as it works.....

Smiley
2 things. 1. Check the address is correct and in your PC wallet. 2. Check the block your xfer was confirmed in the Android wallet and make sure your PC wallet has updated to at least that block.

You need to wait for it to update to at least that block as otherwise your client hasn't seen the transaction yet.

If it has passed that block it should be there. If it's not then you should  start the bitcoin client with the -rescan option. That forces it to rescan from the start and pick up any transactions that were missed. A transaction can be missed if you create/import an address/key after the block that the transaction occurred. That shouldn't happen but if you somehow did that then the rescan should find it. A client won't see the transaction unless it "knows" the address at the time it read the block.

*** Make a copy of your wallet file before using the -rescan option, just in case ***

btw it was a mistake to post this in this thread. It should be in the tech support section.

anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 08:42:38 PM

BurningToad
Hi, I`ve PMed you, I`ve e-mailed you...
Please, help me to unblock my account!
322i0n

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 06:59:00 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2011, 07:20:39 AM by 322i0n

My last lot of paid work has disappeared. I am wondering if this is normal and maybe I am just too eager to see things recorded immediately.

Basically all earnings since 22/9 have disappeared. They are recorded as earnings in smpps history but have not been recorded as sent payment in payout history and my current balance is 0.00. Is this Normal? Do payments usually disappear before being added to payout history?

EDITpartially solved. I have received payment for the work but it is not recorded in payout history. I presume there is a delay in reporting.

Supporting The Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation
BTC: 1C1w6t1dMkEXeCntURxDiBiWsTbdJbvTr9
NMC: N6uNpVPAdpTur4Hwr8Sqgd6kxcKPto4S2T
BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 03:05:23 PM

BurningToad
Hi, I`ve PMed you, I`ve e-mailed you...
Please, help me to unblock my account!

I responded to your email a few days ago, and just responded again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: