Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 12:23:16 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool!  (Read 117591 times)
Eveofwar

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 11:59:07 PM

I'm getting 5.5% stale shares today using Host: arsbitcoin.com Port: 8344

Can this be fixed please?

Hello,

Sorry guys, the reality right now is:

1) I haven't done anything to improve the pool in at least a month.
2) All I've done is try and keep it up.  I usually get a text message when it messes up, but not always.  Each server (main and 2) seems to randomly fail occasionally (both PoolServerJ and pushpool.)  I haven't had time to try and figure out the root cause.  Basically PSJ/pushpool degrade after a while and need a restart.
3) I haven't done the numbers, but I'm probably losing money each day at the moment on this because EC2 is expensive and the BTC price is low.  The bill this last month was ~$400+ with the two servers + bandwidth costs.
4) I'm closer to bringing the pool down than I am to implementing merged mining or anything else.
5) I'm having some personal problems and issues just trying to do work for my real job, so the priority for this right now is very low.  In fact the pool is probably mostly still up (instead of being taken down) because it is more effort to take it down cleanly (provide notice, email everyone, resolve coin balances, etc.) than it is to keep it in its current state.

So, I apologize, but that is how things stand at the moment.  I can't guarantee anything for the future, i.e. whether I will take the pool down, or finally work on improving it, etc.

Why post this old fucking non-sense instead of the new shit ?  He posted an update last month, that you commented "Glad you are OK. We were worried about you!" on the same day.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18567.msg649544#msg649544

Big Time Coin - Send BurningToad a PM, if you'd like.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin-Qt, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rupy

Activity: 724

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 01:06:14 AM

How do you change your authorization pin?

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
BTC 14xr5Q1j61A1eA6Mrs5MRhUmYZKboY8iq2 | Vanillacoin FPGA Miner
RandyFolds

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 01:29:04 AM

I'm getting 5.5% stale shares today using Host: arsbitcoin.com Port: 8344

Can this be fixed please?

Hello,

Sorry guys, the reality right now is:

1) I haven't done anything to improve the pool in at least a month.
2) All I've done is try and keep it up.  I usually get a text message when it messes up, but not always.  Each server (main and 2) seems to randomly fail occasionally (both PoolServerJ and pushpool.)  I haven't had time to try and figure out the root cause.  Basically PSJ/pushpool degrade after a while and need a restart.
3) I haven't done the numbers, but I'm probably losing money each day at the moment on this because EC2 is expensive and the BTC price is low.  The bill this last month was ~$400+ with the two servers + bandwidth costs.
4) I'm closer to bringing the pool down than I am to implementing merged mining or anything else.
5) I'm having some personal problems and issues just trying to do work for my real job, so the priority for this right now is very low.  In fact the pool is probably mostly still up (instead of being taken down) because it is more effort to take it down cleanly (provide notice, email everyone, resolve coin balances, etc.) than it is to keep it in its current state.

So, I apologize, but that is how things stand at the moment.  I can't guarantee anything for the future, i.e. whether I will take the pool down, or finally work on improving it, etc.

Why post this old fucking non-sense instead of the new shit ?  He posted an update last month, that you commented "Glad you are OK. We were worried about you!" on the same day.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18567.msg649544#msg649544

Big Time Coin - Send BurningToad a PM, if you'd like.

What the fuck are you going on about? I posted the relevant answer to a question someone asked. The situation hasn't changed, and BT's personal issues are beside the point. What was elaborated on in this oh-so-important message you linked?

TL;DR - No one is maintaining the pool.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓ ONEDICE.ME ▓▓▓▓▓ BEST DICE EXPERIENCE ▓▓▓▓ PLAY OR INVEST ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Dacm4n

Activity: 359

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 04:09:44 PM

This pool isn't letting me cash out my bitcoins. I'm not sure why.

MiningBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 1058

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 04:11:35 PM

This pool isn't letting me cash out my bitcoins. I'm not sure why.
That is because as of writing this message the pool is in negative equity, as seen on the stats page: = SMPPS Buffer   -206.07366808 BTC

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1434

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 03:03:43 PM

Just wanted to say that although this pool is as some people call it"sailing without a captain" ( not sure it is)
its still is one of the biggest , best , robust pools around. running at 100's of ghz although the pool has
been in negative buufer for quite a while. 

I still like this pool.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
KingLinkTiger

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 08:14:18 PM

I just wanted to see if anyone else who uses ARS has seen this.

Code:
1 IgorTheOverLord 59,800 MH/s
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 08:17:46 PM

Code:

yeah  he comes and goes along with the other overlord

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
KingLinkTiger

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 08:19:19 PM

Code:

yeah  he comes and goes along with the other overlord

When I saw it I was like  Shocked

He must have control of a ton of miners.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:49:54 AM

Man, I just looked at the donation stats, and despite not mining for almost four months, I am still 23rd in donations. Y'all cheap as hell, dawg.

farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 07:22:49 PM

Man, I just looked at the donation stats, and despite not mining for almost four months, I am still 23rd in donations. Y'all cheap as hell, dawg.

22nd now Smiley

Martin Armstrong
fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 07:24:42 PM

22nd now Smiley
Yes, it is almost dead.  Buffer is -800. High stales, no donations to speak of.

I noticed that Eligius doesn't ever have a negative buffer, wouldn't the SMPPS algo apply here?
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 08:26:56 PM

I noticed that Eligius doesn't ever have a negative buffer, wouldn't the SMPPS algo apply here?
I presume Ars is showing "total issued extra credit" as its "negative buffer". Eligius has issued extra credit before, especially in the recent past few weeks, though we've mostly remained on the buffer side of the equation.

SistaS0uljah

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 11:03:23 PM

Why did you stop mining?  Hardware failure?  Fatigue?  Cynicism?  Or did you already achieve your ultimate goal of becoming a bitcoin billionaire?  Just wondering.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 12:54:08 AM

Why did you stop mining?  Hardware failure?  Fatigue?  Cynicism?  Or did you already achieve your ultimate goal of becoming a bitcoin billionaire?  Just wondering.

Traveling, so I sold my rigs.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 02:18:49 AM

Sounds like the start of a country song.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 03:44:22 AM

No, that would be selling off my pigs to travel in my rig...and probably smacking up my wife and Budweiser would be somewhere in the mix as well.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 04:15:29 AM

No, that would be selling off my pigs to travel in my rig...and probably smacking up my wife and Budweiser would be somewhere in the mix as well.

Don't forget the part about your dog dying.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
someone703

Activity: 217

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 11:46:18 PM

So is this pool still good to go considering it's in the negative?  If I mine then try to cash out it'll just put in a long queue where others are ahead of me waiting for theirs?

Sold To: aggrojosh, FreeMoney (x2), challengeaccepted, the joint, TECHSHARE, BurntSnow, yrral, serp, waterskeer, jduck1987, grue (x2)

Bought From: bcjunkie, newdude, Zakcy, frank90, Chinaski, Cookie_Monster, DandoRealIta, Globes (x2), recursive

Leant To: kais3r (ended up being a scammer), jjzm
RandyFolds

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 12:21:34 AM

So is this pool still good to go considering it's in the negative?  If I mine then try to cash out it'll just put in a long queue where others are ahead of me waiting for theirs?

It isn't that you are put in a queue, it is that you receive a proportionate share from each block mined. Essentially, you'll be paid out slower than you are earning it, but it's not that you have to wait for 20 blocks and everyone else to get paid before you get your piece.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.