Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:44:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250992 times)
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:51:53 PM

Note: I'm not compiling about anything. Just want to know the reason of disqualification?
Ok then. Drop it.
I'm quite bored with this Bounty topic. The bounty period is over.
Those who qualified were more than generously compensated. Since the bounty is closed this is no longer on topic.
As a VERI token holder I am not interested in any further Bounty programs being offered. Veritaseum should buy ads on social media for sure.
It looks to me like he has a fair concern. If there was supposed to be payment for being a Twitter follower and he never received compensation he deserves an answer if he did not get the payment.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
eye4bd

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:05:27 PM

Note: I'm not compiling about anything. Just want to know the reason of disqualification?
Ok then. Drop it.
Those who qualified were more than generously compensated. Since the bounty is closed this is no longer on topic.
As a VERI token holder I am not interested in any further Bounty programs being offered. Veritaseum should buy ads on social media for sure.

Hey
Of course I can. But not
for you. That would happen only by my willingness.
You are a investor and I wish you good luck. But please don't come into bounty talk! If possible
read fast few page of the project Announment thread about all those talk regarding on bounty between founder and partiticipants.
You will find the appeal was came from both ends.
But after the ICO everything
become yours only! OK, no problem. I'm out. Will wait an explanation from the founder. Cheers

Thanks!

dave3

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:15:02 PM

For what it's worth, there was more to the twitter bounty program than just following Veritaseum.  There was a list of things, and minimums required.

By the way, I received two deposits of VERI to my ETH account awhile back, which I assume was the payout for the bounty program.  I really appreciate that -- thanks very much.

And for non-bounty talk:

The exchanges can't ignore VERI forever -- one of them is bound to add it soon.  Once a major exchange is trading VERI, I suspect there will be many more buyers than there are sellers, though.
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:52:41 PM

For what it's worth, there was more to the twitter bounty program than just following Veritaseum.  There was a list of things, and minimums required.

By the way, I received two deposits of VERI to my ETH account awhile back, which I assume was the payout for the bounty program.  I really appreciate that -- thanks very much.

And for non-bounty talk:

The exchanges can't ignore VERI forever -- one of them is bound to add it soon.  Once a major exchange is trading VERI, I suspect there will be many more buyers than there are sellers, though.

Imagine the price if Reggie knocks it out of the park in Jamaica
azmojo

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:30:06 PM

Speaking of Jamaica, what are some real life theoretical examples of ways that Jamaica would use VERI? Jamaica has a local currecncy I believe but they also use a lot of USD. Clearly Jamaica could adopt a crypto-currency and abandon the USD and Jamaican dollar, but VERI doesn't appear to be the ideal vehicle for that. What other applications would or could Jamaica use VERI for if Reggie is successful? All speculation of course.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:40:51 PM

Speaking of Jamaica, what are some real life theoretical examples of ways that Jamaica would use VERI? Jamaica has a local currecncy I believe but they also use a lot of USD. Clearly Jamaica could adopt a crypto-currency and abandon the USD and Jamaican dollar, but VERI doesn't appear to be the ideal vehicle for that. What other applications would or could Jamaica use VERI for if Reggie is successful? All speculation of course.

http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/21-veritas-pancarib-what-would-the-euro-look-like-if-it-actually-worked
AltCity

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 10:45:08 PM

Speaking of Jamaica, what are some real life theoretical examples of ways that Jamaica would use VERI?

A hedging strategy could be crafted using the Veritaseum P2P trading platform demonstrated previously.

Oil and Aluminum would be one such pair: http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/jam/#Exports and if they were found to be correlated, the hedge could be vs the Jamaican dollar (correlated assets also could be hedged for black swan type events).

This hedge could be offered to exporters, importers or both. The P2P platform had zero - counterparty risk. Such a strategy would be advised by veritaseum and a fee would be paid for the service.
Gen6:6

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:16:34 PM

Any recent updates from Reggie on how things are going out there?
Masiah

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 11:19:30 PM

We are on out way back from Jamacia now and I can say, Jamacia went very well. Stay tuned to twitter.
Masiah

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 11:29:44 PM

Ok then. Drop it.
We did not expect to pay out so much for the bounty program but the new program will be much more productive. We are also putting recources into more traditional advertising.
azmojo

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:52:00 AM

http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/21-veritas-pancarib-what-would-the-euro-look-like-if-it-actually-worked

Yes, I read that but it's too theoretical and top-level for me to understand what it really means. In low-level terms, what are we talking about?

Our token technology, Veritas, serves as the basis for a pan-Caribbean “smart" currency designed to operate in conjunction with traditional fiat currencies (to enable immediate adoption) that allows the entire participating set of caribbean nations of the African and latin diaspora and beyond to share common liquidity pools and markets, yet retain their sovereignty and economic independence.

Are we talking about everyone in Jamaica running around using VERI instead of fiat to make every day purchases?
Why exactly would the currency be "smart" or why does it need to be "smart" and why not a non-smart crypto like Bitcoin? What would be some specific advantages to having a "smart" digital currency (specific examples please)?

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
Dorky

Activity: 392

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:21:53 AM

Regarding listing VERI at the exchanges, I wonder why are we the one begging the exchanges to list the token?
The exchanges being business entities are supposed to be the ones chasing us for information and assistance to list VERI.
Why the fuck are we the ones needing to beg and bribe the exchanges for it?
If the exchanges do not want/wish to list VERI, then so be it, it is NONE of our problem.
If VERI is going to the moon, it can do so at EtherDelta; there is absolutely NOTHING to stop any genuine participants from buying VERI at EtherDelta.
In fact, looking at the arrogance of the exchanges, if I were in charge of getting VERI listed, I would limit/permit the listing down to just 2 exchanges subject to my strict review; any exchanges that don't get to list the token is their problem and their business loss, and it's their stupid mistake that they deserve so.
It is unwise to beg the exchanges.
They should be the one to come to us.
Fuck the exchanges.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
hangthebanksters

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:45:17 AM

Regarding listing VERI at the exchanges, I wonder why are we the one begging the exchanges to list the token?
The exchanges being business entities are supposed to be the ones chasing us for information and assistance to list VERI.
Why the fuck are we the ones needing to beg and bribe the exchanges for it?
If the exchanges do not want/wish to list VERI, then so be it, it is NONE of our problem.
If VERI is going to the moon, it can do so at EtherDelta; there is absolutely NOTHING to stop any genuine participants from buying VERI at EtherDelta.
In fact, looking at the arrogance of the exchanges, if I were in charge of getting VERI listed, I would limit/permit the listing down to just 2 exchanges subject to my strict review; any exchanges that don't get to list the token is their problem and their business loss, and it's their stupid mistake that they deserve so.
It is unwise to beg the exchanges.
They should be the one to come to us.
Fuck the exchanges.
Yes fuck the exchanges. That is precisely what Veritaseum does.
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:46:58 AM

Any recent updates from Reggie on how things are going out there?

Masiah in the Slack at 1:10 AM: "For those of you asking if Jamaica went well. We are on our way back to NY now and lets just say Reggie has a very big smile on his face."  Cool
Gen6:6

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:47:33 AM

[/quote]
We are on out way back from Jamacia now and I can say, Jamacia went very well. Stay tuned to twitter.
[/quote]

Congrats!
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:48:58 AM

Excellent!  Cool
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:59:11 AM

Yes, I read that but it's too theoretical and top-level for me to understand what it really means. In low-level terms, what are we talking about?

Our token technology, Veritas, serves as the basis for a pan-Caribbean “smart" currency designed to operate in conjunction with traditional fiat currencies (to enable immediate adoption) that allows the entire participating set of caribbean nations of the African and latin diaspora and beyond to share common liquidity pools and markets, yet retain their sovereignty and economic independence.

Are we talking about everyone in Jamaica running around using VERI instead of fiat to make every day purchases?
Why exactly would the currency be "smart" or why does it need to be "smart" and why not a non-smart crypto like Bitcoin? What would be some specific advantages to having a "smart" digital currency (specific examples please)?

The answers are all in the article:

"Our token technology, Veritas, serves as the basis for a pan-Caribbean “smart" currency designed to operate in conjunction with traditional fiat currencies (to enable immediate adoption) that allows the entire participating set of caribbean nations of the African and latin diaspora and beyond to share common liquidity pools and markets, yet retain their sovereignty and economic independence. This avoids the marginalization that plagues the Eurozone periphery (Greece, Portugal, etc.) which gradually drags down the economic core (Germany, France, etc.)."

"Using software robotics, blockchain technology, smart contracts and financial engineering, we at Veritaseum are realizing the goals of what the euro should have been. We plan to unleash this platform in the short term and demonstrate a template upon which to build the smart contract powered evolution to the euro concept - in other worlds, Enter the Peer-to-Peer Economy."
naaktslak5

Activity: 492

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:59:29 AM

VERI collapsed!!!
Dorky

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:04:09 AM

VERI collapsed!!!

And relapsed!!!

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Dorky

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:06:08 AM

It should be known to the world that despite Status being one of the biggest ICO with enough "firepower" to jam the ethereum network, its trading volume is still way below that of Veri @ EtherDelta.

And please, fuck the exchanges that ignore Veri.
We don't need to give face to such scumbags.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: