Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:24:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250993 times)
mutum

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:25:21 PM

Even if the address is known, is it possible to find the responsible party and retrieve the funds?  I also ask because I lost a significant sum of VERI and I know the address to which it was sent.  Maybe there is hope?  Needless to say, it's been tough watching the price skyrocket!

Hi Khylst, would you mind sharing more of the specifics about how you lost the VERI... how were you scammed into sending it to the thieves' address? I'm new to cryptos and am here to learn. If we can learn from you ... that would be awesome! Thank you Smiley

Reluctantly I'll admit I fell victim to a phishing attack, which is strange because I'm usually very careful when it comes to not clicking links in emails.  The email came in the form of a slackbot notification which linked to a phony MyEtherWallet site, so I entered my private key and less than a minute later my wallet was empty.  You should only access MEW from your bookmarks, and I know this, so I can only blame myself for being so careless.

Wait so what Reggie calls advanced Hackers, was the MEW slack phishing scam?  You're joking right?  He also claimed they thwarted 2FA. 
Haddem

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:29:25 PM

Even if the address is known, is it possible to find the responsible party and retrieve the funds?  I also ask because I lost a significant sum of VERI and I know the address to which it was sent.  Maybe there is hope?  Needless to say, it's been tough watching the price skyrocket!

Hi Khylst, would you mind sharing more of the specifics about how you lost the VERI... how were you scammed into sending it to the thieves' address? I'm new to cryptos and am here to learn. If we can learn from you ... that would be awesome! Thank you Smiley

Reluctantly I'll admit I fell victim to a phishing attack, which is strange because I'm usually very careful when it comes to not clicking links in emails.  The email came in the form of a slackbot notification which linked to a phony MyEtherWallet site, so I entered my private key and less than a minute later my wallet was empty.  You should only access MEW from your bookmarks, and I know this, so I can only blame myself for being so careless.

Wait so what Reggie calls advanced Hackers, was the MEW slack phishing scam?  You're joking right?  He also claimed they thwarted 2FA. 

No one is claiming that.  Either you can't read or you won't read
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:32:52 PM

No one is claiming that.  Either you can't read or you won't read

We must ignore them. They are only here to stir the proverbial. Just hit the ignore button.
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:41:48 PM

Now, it is your responsibility to recover all the tokens stolen. If you give me some BS that's impossible, then I will tell you what I will do if I were in charge. That will show you have no true competency beyond analytical competency.
How would it be possible? I am 100% certain I bought some of them yesterday. The only option would be a fork, but that has consequences that are probably not worth the $4.5M stolen.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
naaktslak5

Activity: 492

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:44:52 PM

if there was (or will be) a fork, how can we prove we own Veritas? so we can exchange them for new tokens. or is that not possible?
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 06:52:33 PM

I would like to make it known that we had the option to fork VERI, but chose not to. At the end of the day, the amount stolen was miniscule (less than 00.07%) although the dollar amount was quite material.

How did you came up with this math magic, 00.07% of all VERI? $8,400,000.00 is a LOT and represents, 1.82% out of the $460M MC on July 23 or 2.24% out of the $375 MM on the time of writing. (July 24th, 12:05 PM EST)

Now, you can see how inconsequential the mere hack of a few million dollars

You're like Dimitry Karamazov, "yes, I drunk up half of your money but I am not a thief. For if I were a thief I would've drunk up 100%". Than again, after drinking up another half of what has remained...

Do not fucking downplay the seriousness of the heist. Or a "mere" $84M could be next in line.

Damn.

This is not magic math. There are 100M tokens issued, the hackers stole about 37k. As I said, it is quite disconcerting, but it is not the end fo the world. In the scheme of things, this is small. The tokens were stolen from me, not the token buyers. I am not downplaying the seriousness of the heist either, but I am looking at the heist for what it is. A company that we use was compromised, the vulnerability was closed, and we are investigating whether we should move against that company or not.

As for Dorky,  yes, execution of management and the team play a prominent role. That was evident in our marketing materials. Just as with EA, the quallity, dispersion and sales of their video games is highly reliant upone the execution of the management and the team behind them. This should be no surprise. I also was clear to say "team". This is not about me, its about the team. For some reason, you want to make this about me - as if I can write patent applications, write code, architect software, create valuation frameworks and analyze companies all on my own. The talent of that team is what you are purchasing when you purchase VERI. I have went out of my way to ensure that is the case.

If you are not comfortable with the team and the utlitly they enable the software endusers to manifest representing the value in lieu of an inanimate piece of code itself, then maybe you misunderstood the value proposition. There's no difference between Veritaseum and team representing the value than there is between Gates and his team (MSFT), Zuckerberg and his team (FB), Page and his team (GOOG), Bezos and his team (AMZN). or a whole host of other value creators.

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
greyswan

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:15:18 PM

You don't need to be Dostoyevsky to recognize FUD.
Looks like this crime and the punishment will be meted out veritizedly.
Hey Negative Nellies: you just got REG'd Grin
mwall90278

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 07:18:59 PM

NEW NEWS on yesterday's VERI THEFT. The Veritaseum team may want to address this issue with the media DIRECTLY.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/24/yet-another-ethereum-ico-gets-hacked-veritaseum-loses-us4-5m/

Pfizer

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:22:54 PM

The market cap of veritaseum is over than 350 million dollars but we're still forced to trade it only etherdelta Exchange thing. I can't understand why the team can't make the coin get on a real Exchange like bittrex?
RaXmOuSe

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:27:14 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 07:39:25 PM by RaXmOuSe

honestly, I could just troll some shitcoin or just being ironic or something about this market in general but Reggie, you are a great person in this community.

Reggie Middleton, Crypto Chef in town. Thank you for a great positive visionary in this space. #SmallhodlerVERI #MakkrillMan

The market cap of veritaseum is over than 350 million dollars but we're still forced to trade it only etherdelta Exchange thing. I can't understand why the team can't make the coin get on a real Exchange like bittrex?

Because they(exchanges, soon to be irrelevant exchanges.) are busy catching up 6 years of episodes from internets best cooking show. They will probably not catch up as VERI keeps moving on in the big sea of P2P things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp_vv5rfIQ #BigAndSerious

and btw Bittrex might be big and fat but the fact that you can't renew a single BTC wallet is ridiculous, that is just some fuckery, like Mokko would say.

and btw try withdraw BTC now on Bittrex, hope you aint stuck with it bro

ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:47:24 PM

such a thriving  coin with a very active  market ability. Dont know why the team do not desire to put it on larger exchange and their reasons are not understandable.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
azmojo

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:48:04 PM

if there was (or will be) a fork, how can we prove we own Veritas? so we can exchange them for new tokens. or is that not possible?
Reggie has already said there will not be one.

NEW NEWS on yesterday's VERI THEFT. The Veritaseum team may want to address this issue with the media DIRECTLY.
There is no new information there, and Reggie has addressed this quite adequately, and to his credit, he was VERY quick to release the information. What is left to address?

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
azmojo

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:50:30 PM

such a thriving  coin with a very active  market ability. Dont know why the team do not desire to put it on larger exchange and their reasons are not understandable.
How do you propose that Reggie should force a private business to support his token? There are several other comparable recent ICOs that have yet to be listed on major exchanges as well. This is more likely to be a function of the exchanges being too busy and overloaded with slews of new customers to be bothering with new coins. A recent article showed Coinbase added 100k customers in 3 days. These companies are overwhelmed.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
naaktslak5

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:00:40 PM

Its better they build their own exchange. Build in the Veritaseum app/website, so u r ready to go if u want to use the software.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:10:42 PM

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/24/yet-another-ethereum-ico-gets-hacked-veritaseum-loses-us4-5m/

Now i am kinda glad i missed out this bullet
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:26:26 PM

Who else made a nice profit on those cheap coins last night?
greyswan

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:35:03 PM

Bullet TRAIN, Sock Grin
Paradigm shattering comes by a thousand cracks and is effected by imperfect actors making difficult decisions with incomplete data.
Indeterminacy and Chaos == Potentiality!
naaktslak5

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:35:11 PM

Reggie has already said there will not be one.

He said that if all tokens get stolen they recreate the token under a new contract. thats a new token i assume.
paulmaritz

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:38:33 PM

Its better they build their own exchange. Build in the Veritaseum app/website, so u r ready to go if u want to use the software.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@getitfrommike/veritaseum-brings-good-news-for-veri-token-holders-and-jamaica
paulmaritz

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:41:24 PM

"you guys realize the reason the price is this high is because one person own and keeps off the market 99% of all the coins.  You're getting fleeced hard."

Veritas are tokens and/or license keys that can be used to access the software that Veritaseum, the company, is developing. 51m Veritas were available for uptake during the TGE (Token Generating Event), but less than 2m were sold.

They made it clear from the beginning that Veritas not sold during the TGE would be reserved for large players such as corporations, sovereigns, etc. in over-the-counter (OTC) sales. This is to provide large players, large customers that intend to use Veritas to access the software, with the quantities they need at stable, although slightly higher prices. The last time I checked, one had to buy at least $50,000 worth of VERI in order to buy VERI directly from Veritaseum and at a 10% premium on top of the market price.

Microsoft has a right to control the majority of the license keys to their products. Why should it be different when it comes to Veritaseum?
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: