Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:14:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying for a long term.  (Read 19806 times)
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:38:49 PM

When looking for a long term investment, I consider Ethereum as the most promising investment. The coin currently has a market capital of $51 billion and in the future has the potential to cross the $1200 mark by the end of 2018. Since its origin in 2016, the coin has shown a growth of 1100% and also has been accepted by big companies like Microsoft, Intel, Jp morgan. Also the coin's idea of smart and ledger contracts which can hold state and arbitary code seems very revolutionary to me. Hence, I expect good returns from the coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrickrn32

Activity: 770
Merit: 252

https://twitter.com/iambitboy

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:07:43 PM

When looking for a long term investment, I consider Ethereum as the most promising investment. The coin currently has a market capital of $51 billion and in the future has the potential to cross the $1200 mark by the end of 2018. Since its origin in 2016, the coin has shown a growth of 1100% and also has been accepted by big companies like Microsoft, Intel, Jp morgan. Also the coin's idea of smart and ledger contracts which can hold state and arbitary code seems very revolutionary to me. Hence, I expect good returns from the coin.

yeah good reasons, i think you can't do anything wrong with ETH, maybe half of your Portfolio should be BTC or ETH...

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
kopijos

Activity: 523
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:34:18 PM

buying altcoin for the long term is only suitable for application in ethereum. because now this ethereum is still one of the coins that become a nice and big platform in cryptocurrency.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:46:23 PM

It will, but there are other coins that can give you much more profit than ethereum.

buying altcoin for the long term is only suitable for application in ethereum. because now this ethereum is still one of the coins that become a nice and big platform in cryptocurrency.

Take a look at NEO, if it goes to it's all time high again, you can easily make a 2,5x from it.

The  same from IOTA and EOS.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

napman

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:20:50 AM

I want to buy few Altcoins which have some strong good concept and which are beneficial for the crypto world somehow.
Of course my intention is to make good profit but I do not want to invest for that sole purpose.
I would be interested in something in which I get profit by holding and not by selling when it reach a particular price.
I am considering following Altcoins but do not know what benefits they give to their holders.
1.Golem
2.Wings
3.Ark

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found a hidden GEM called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on ICO stage and already trading on some exchanges, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
impulse709

Activity: 597
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:08:35 AM

there are two main problems with the question that you are asking in my opinion.

first is the fact that altcoins are not good for long term investment at all. they all go down in long term because with all things said and done there is no usefulness for most of them anyways.

secondly you are picking a terrible time for thinking about investing, and investing long term for that matter! right now we are in a big altcoin bubble and although many are still rising that doesn't change the fact that these are going to pop soon.

I don't agree with you. Why aren't altcoins good long term investment? Many altcoins gave a lot of profit for investors if they bought and held them long time as: Ethereum (increased 70x in 2017); NEO (increased 500x in 2017); Stellar( more 100x).... Although long term investment in altcoin is high risky but We can see that profit is very attractive.
"Altcoin bubble": many people said that the crypto currency market is bubble as Soros but recently he invested in this market. I think the crypto currency market is a new market and great place to investing now.
I don't think crypto market is bubble because its still so cheap, the marketcap still low and this market still good place to earn. The real bubble is not now, this market need more people for the bubble big enough.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:56:17 AM

I want to buy few Altcoins which have some strong good concept and which are beneficial for the crypto world somehow.
Of course my intention is to make good profit but I do not want to invest for that sole purpose.
I would be interested in something in which I get profit by holding and not by selling when it reach a particular price.
I am considering following Altcoins but do not know what benefits they give to their holders.
1.Golem
2.Wings
3.Ark

Great choices of altcoins. If you are still holding these altcoins until now, I am sure your portfolio's value has already ballooned since the time you made this post, well, even if the market has already plunged since we entered the year 2018. I guess it has already grown more than ten times. These are three projects that are highly successful. Not a single coin in the list has below 300 million USD in their market caps.
Crypto Sway

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:12:03 AM

Looking for a project to get behind with a real-world application and some cutting edge tech.?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.msg31823480#msg31823480

This will be the first arbitrage exchange that aims to bring the masses into crypto with their user-friendly UI, crypto education, and the first company offering individual insurance. The CTO has 40 years coding experience in the financial markets for exchanges.
Kocret02

Activity: 1120
Merit: 250

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:44:59 AM

1.Golem
2.Wings
3.Ark

For now I make long-term investments on altcoin waves, etg, ADA, and TRX, that's a pretty good choice in my opinion.
ADA can be one of the coin options that can be used for long investment. now ADA coins have a lot of enthusiasts and can be used as a good trading coin purchase.

blackandred

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:30:47 AM

i hold some ARK . it is very friendly to the holder . i receive extra ark rewards every day . it does not need to be mined to avoid consuming a lot of power resources .
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:45:48 AM

It is not good to hold long periods of time. You must have the knowledge and grasp of market trends and determine the appropriate selling point. So there is a profit. Do not just rely on luck just like in the past.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
adl541

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:02:45 PM

tron should rise more in the long run
btcbabhh

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:06:24 PM

Some really interesting projects are in the market of which tokens are under valued right now but have huge potential to grow few times over the time. As this topic is for long term then do some research and where you see solid teams and project
karnwillbit

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:41:02 AM

tron should rise more in the long run
Buying for long term is a good idea. It will enable you understand the tricks and help you modify your strategies. The long term investors are the only guys who roll in millions upon the advent of boom. When you are a long term investor, you just do not think of the value of your portfolio daily. Even a slow and consistent rise in the value of the coins you hold in long run is a huge gain.
zenki0906

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:58:40 AM

you can consider ECA, Electracoin too..

Check the ff links for more information.
https://www.facebook.com/Electracoineca/
https://electraproject.org/

If you are in discord you can join https://discord.gg/tZR2d75
Raven89

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:38:30 AM

If you are looking for good profit in the future you must first look at the MarketCap and Total number of coins. A coin with large coin supply (billions) can't grow very much in the future, not even 1$.
My choice: Masari.
It's a Monero fork, good relationshionship with Monero, only 18.5 millions total coin supply and it's still early, only 6000 sats on SouthXchange and Tradeogre.
If you count that Masari uses a weighted harmonic mean difficulty adjustment algorithm for smoother difficulty adjustment, which has been PR'd back to Monero you already have a kick-ass coin. It also has only ever used RingCT, has a fixed ring size of 13, and we plan on adding uncle mining and researching block tree sharding.
Many improvements and fork is scheduled for 1 May.

Cheers !
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:18:21 AM

If you are looking for good profit in the future you must first look at the MarketCap and Total number of coins. A coin with large coin supply (billions) can't grow very much in the future, not even 1$.
My choice: Masari.
It's a Monero fork, good relationshionship with Monero, only 18.5 millions total coin supply and it's still early, only 6000 sats on SouthXchange and Tradeogre.
If you count that Masari uses a weighted harmonic mean difficulty adjustment algorithm for smoother difficulty adjustment, which has been PR'd back to Monero you already have a kick-ass coin. It also has only ever used RingCT, has a fixed ring size of 13, and we plan on adding uncle mining and researching block tree sharding.
Many improvements and fork is scheduled for 1 May.

Cheers !

I think, the main focus of any investor is the amount of money he can make through his investment and the time required to achieve some specific target. Masari can’t make someone rich in months. It is a new coin and has a lot of competition. People are giving marinecoin some hype too. My honest suggestion is to not choose any of the new coin because they will make the investor wait for longer than necessary.
luisell

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:26:24 AM

dogecoin -for me it is a friendly-user coin. I can easily save it by faucets cause it can exchange easily even small amount.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:01:42 AM

I've been holding ethereum because it one of the best bet for long term hold. Ethereum's potential for sure growth has been proven when it price reached past the $1000 late last year. Another one is EOS, one of the most promising altcoins might also higher price before the end of this year. EOS is a blockchain based OS and the technology behind it is seem solid. The price of EOS is already reached $15 and still on uptrend.
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:27:54 AM

Today so many coins are ready to buy for long-term. I don't have so money for all portfolio. But the choice is great today. Eth, Ada, Ven, Neo, Pkt, RDN and more
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: