Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:10:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 181 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike - 16 chip ASIC Open Source Board - Preliminary  (Read 435331 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:15:54 AM

http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg25.htm  

Key Features:

Shipped knocked down - for handling ease and protection.

Easy assembly & dis-assembly

Uses all machine screw & PEM nut construction, perfect for applications where repetitive assembly and disassembly are required.

Light weight design - all aluminum, type 5050 H32 for easy modification. Example: the 19" rack mountable enclosure (RMCS190313BK1) - weighs only 5 pounds (2.3 Kg).

Strong design construction using:

0.125" (3.2 mm) thick - side panels & rack mount brackets
0.064" (1.6 mm) thick - front & rear panels
0.062" (1.6 mm) thick - top and bottom panels

Can be used with or without rack mounting "ears" or brackets (included).
For replacement panels link here to our RMCP series
Enclosure is finished in rugged, satin texture, black powder paint
Includes top, bottom, side panels, front & rear panels, rubber self adhesive feet, rack mount brackets and all hardware
Link below for more information on our chrome pull handles (not included with unit)
Easy access to inside, only 4 screws need to be removed from any of the 6 panels for internal access.
Internal aluminum chassis panel is optional (see below)
For an extruded aluminum version of rack mount enclosures - link here to our RM series. http://www.hammondmfg.com/RM_U.htm

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noogsy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:56:56 AM

Awesome idea.
Interested in a few pieces.

---
Cheers
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:52:20 AM

Key Features:

Uses all machine screw & PEM nut construction, perfect for applications where repetitive assembly and disassembly are required.

Light weight design - all aluminum, type 5050 H32 for easy modification. Example: the 19" rack mountable enclosure (RMCS190313BK1) - weighs only 5 pounds (2.3 Kg).

Includes top, bottom, side panels, front & rear panels, rubber self adhesive feet, rack mount brackets and all hardware
Link below for more information on our chrome pull handles (not included with unit)
Easy access to inside, only 4 screws need to be removed from any of the 6 panels for internal access.
For an extruded aluminum version of rack mount enclosures - link here to our RM series. http://www.hammondmfg.com/RM_U.htm

Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm, but that thing is an oven.

In rack form, you need front to back air intake and the possibility to mount fans.
Leapfrogg

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:58:17 AM

For those that have yet to buy their ASICs:

I had paid for 720, but that group buy closed because it couldn't be filled.  What group buy looks promising?

I just had to ask for a refund and need to place another order.

DABS? If you are in ASIA?

Or can you start your own group buy? I might be interested in helping you with that.

Even if you are not in Asia, but you want your chips sent to someone in Asia to be assembled, then you save on shipping costs. It's a long way from China, to Europe or the United States, then to Indonesia or Thailand, then finally to you.

Of course, you could get the chips sent to yourself, then order the boards and other parts separately to be also shipped directly to you. You'd do the assembly. That would be the most economical (not counting the value of your time.)

So I am in working in China for the next 3 or 4 months and I have a friend here who knows about getting boards manufactured. I will be interested in doing a few for myself and willing to help others who might not want the chips and boards going back and forth over the ocean.
BkkCoins (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 10:01:13 AM

Another board view.

This one shows Klego pins moved in from the corners and using SMT pins. Also fan header changed to right angle and SMT. Now only the PCIe conn. has thru-hole.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:14:22 AM

Key Features:

In rack form, you need front to back air intake and the possibility to mount fans.

Might want to look through the WHOLE catalog. Also might give people some good ideas to take to a local manufacturer because that flat pack idea certainly is a great idea for some.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:19:22 AM

For those that have yet to buy their ASICs:

I had paid for 720, but that group buy closed because it couldn't be filled.  What group buy looks promising?

I just had to ask for a refund and need to place another order.

DABS? If you are in ASIA?

Or can you start your own group buy? I might be interested in helping you with that.

Even if you are not in Asia, but you want your chips sent to someone in Asia to be assembled, then you save on shipping costs. It's a long way from China, to Europe or the United States, then to Indonesia or Thailand, then finally to you.

Of course, you could get the chips sent to yourself, then order the boards and other parts separately to be also shipped directly to you. You'd do the assembly. That would be the most economical (not counting the value of your time.)

http://www.smt.co.jp/SMT_jp_overseas.html#psi

KS

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:35:54 AM

Key Features:

Might want to look through the WHOLE catalog. Also might give people some good ideas to take to a local manufacturer because that flat pack idea certainly is a great idea for some.

As in you have a reference but, for educational purposes, you want to make us study their whole catalog or sth?
terrahash

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:43:49 AM

Probably you are interested in view this page http://terrahash.com/ use this build.

Dont know who are..

Might also be worth a GROUP buy on boards with components if BKKcoins can get his prototypes to fly.  Bit early for all that I guess but really I am willing and able to work with a group so we can get the best price we all can.

Me too I'm trying to do Spanish group to get better price.

Regards Smiley

SCAM possibly.

yes very likely

Better we support BKKcoins rather than go off with someone like that right... basically just sponging or scamming. If we are all working together to help BKKcoins get his board made, tested then again at the right time we can all group buy to lower the production run and kick in for BKKcoin for his design and work etc if he is interested in that. I think there are many of us here all willing to trust in BKKcoins so if we do this all as one large group buy we are likely going to get the best price possible anywhere.

We should all be looking locally to scrounge up facilities to fab the completed boards I think. So find a reputable reflow / smt shop. I for one would like to see that BKKcoin is compensated fairly for all this work so that we as a group kick back every-time we use his board design. I don't the guys running that page above are interested in doing that or they would be here at least contributing to the discussion.

Being open source is the best thing for the community but that doesn't mean it is free or something we should just go alone on as a group we can really lower our costs and probably beat competition out there. Thanks again BKKcoins for doing this and everyone else contributing to this. If we keep supporting this project I have little doubt it will work. This is how a real community should work not trying to profit off others work but rather supporting the developer and working out how we can best help all of us get a working rig in as many hands as possible.

We really appreciate BkkCoins' effort and that's why we offered to buy the boards and components in bulk from him, so that he gets a share in the profit too. We are also open to "license" the design from him, even though it is open source and free to use. But we believe if we are exploiting it commercially, BkkCoins has the full rights to a share in our profit. Only if we reward the devs, more and more people will be willing to put in their efforts. We are operating our business on a minimum margin too. In a 6.99 BTC board that we are selling, just the chips cost 5 BTC. And the board/components/assembly will cost us around 1 to 1.5 BTC. We are working towards the greater good of the Bitcoin community. Of course we are not a charity, we are going to make profit too, but a bare minimum.

terrahash

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:47:24 AM

And I am not even gonna comment on every single person trying to label us as a "scam". How can we be a scam when we are not even asking for any money? In the last 2 days, we have received a request to accept pre-orders from at least 150 people, offering to buy around 10000 BTC worth of our products in total. If we were a scam we would have happily taken that money.
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:54:33 AM

And I am not even gonna comment on every single person trying to label us as a "scam". How can we be a scam when we are not even asking for any money? In the last 2 days, we have received a request to accept pre-orders from at least 150 people, offering to buy around 10000 BTC worth of our products in total. If we were a scam we would have happily taken that money.
You don't need to respond to every comment.
If you are legit, you being legit will be good enough.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
KS

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:56:37 AM

This thread has been pretty clean so far, so could you please stop BEGGING to be spammed in here and open another one to prove your good faith as a non-scammer?

Thank you.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 01:20:36 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 01:35:41 PM by SebastianJu

Did you think already about the firmware or mining-software that could be used? Will it work with the already available software or has something to be coded for it extra?
I've already started working on the firmware for the PIC controller but won't be able to debug it until I get some more items lined up. Mostly just figuring out structure now.

There will be a custom cgminer driver for this that will be much the same as the Avalon one but modified to talk to the PIC rather than simply send raw serial data.

Sounds great and like you really want to create a good product. So at the moment your my favorite way to go.
Can you please keep an eye on overclocking abilities? I have read that the avalon miners can be overclocked too but theres a wall at 300MHz or so. Above that the results are bad. Im not sure if that is per design, but a hard wall sounds suspicious to me that its created this way. Would be good if the design is open to overclocking.
And i read at least one person thinking about the quality of the parts. Especially if parts (caps) for the 64 chips board will be high quality that will work longer than 6 months too. I guess you chose products that will life a good long life...
I hope you get some of the sample chips so that you can check out your design early. Most probably the design mus be able to run with one chip only, because the amount of samplechips sent most probably wont be high. But it would be great to be able to show a working product... Smiley

(or one 99% similar but perhaps with a small design change to add parts for temp monitoring/etc)
What did you have in mind here? I have the PIC with temp sensor inside and was planning to add an external thermistor near one of the ASICs. I haven't placed it yet because I'm waiting on Avalon docs to sort the pins I'll use for it, and then one left over will go to sensing the thermistor. Also, one more to disable the clock or 1.2V power, unsure which method yet.

Hm, i thought i have read the avalon asic chips have a temperature sensor built inside. Im not sure where i read this and if its official though.

By the way... i added your info here in the list: List of Avalon-Asic-Miner-Developers
Let me know in that thread when prices or details change...

Edit: I forgot to ask... will there be lower prices if you buy DIY-Packages in bigger quantities?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
dieguito

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:03:16 PM

Very interested!!!,

How much work is still outstanding on getting this board fully designed and tested?

Are you still waiting on Avalon to make available documentation and reference board? They said beginning May it would be released?

Avalon also promised that the sample chips will be available 4 weeks after order. Zefir (for one) ordered a batch in April, has anyone been able to get their hands on these chips yet?
Board mostly designed, waiting on docs for data protocol info and pin outs. Expect a couple days after docs for first version to factory - hope to verify power before ordering first main board. I'm doing small tweaks each day as I find things to improve. Will throw up a revised 3d render soon.

Firmware started. Have set up and compiled the USB stack and I'm adding cmd protocol code. Temporary hold there while I do this power board.

No samples known to have been shipped.

I have some test stuff ordered and have almost finished a small test power board for seeing how the power supply functions alone (same layout) before using it in the main board. Will order that soon and put in an initial order for prototype parts. That means I can't program and debug a chip for at least another week or so (shipping time).

Thank you to those who have sent me donations.
I sold some of the bitcoins and I'm ordering some more stuff today.

With my partners we bought some of the earlier batches and we didn't get the documentation or the test chips so I assume nobody did. I will let you know as soon as we get anything.

Hugs,
Dieguito
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:05:50 PM

what a joker, with 20 posts and over 150 people wants to buy something from him, I smell something fishy though Grin
terrahash

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:26:26 PM

what a joker, with 20 posts and over 150 people wants to buy something from him, I smell something fishy though Grin

150 is the number of people who want to pre-order right now. The number of folks who wanna buy is much more than that. But whatever. Keep trolling.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:41:08 PM

Gents... can we just get back to the THREAD.

As was said above can we steer clear of the crap and let the information flow about the Klondike.

Take this to PM or another thread ok guys please.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:44:20 PM

Very interested!!!,

How much work is still outstanding on getting this board fully designed and tested?

Are you still waiting on Avalon to make available documentation and reference board? They said beginning May it would be released?

Avalon also promised that the sample chips will be available 4 weeks after order. Zefir (for one) ordered a batch in April, has anyone been able to get their hands on these chips yet?
Board mostly designed, waiting on docs for data protocol info and pin outs. Expect a couple days after docs for first version to factory - hope to verify power before ordering first main board. I'm doing small tweaks each day as I find things to improve. Will throw up a revised 3d render soon.

Firmware started. Have set up and compiled the USB stack and I'm adding cmd protocol code. Temporary hold there while I do this power board.

No samples known to have been shipped.

I have some test stuff ordered and have almost finished a small test power board for seeing how the power supply functions alone (same layout) before using it in the main board. Will order that soon and put in an initial order for prototype parts. That means I can't program and debug a chip for at least another week or so (shipping time).

Thank you to those who have sent me donations.
I sold some of the bitcoins and I'm ordering some more stuff today.

With my partners we bought some of the earlier batches and we didn't get the documentation or the test chips so I assume nobody did. I will let you know as soon as we get anything.

Hugs,
Dieguito

How early Dieguito can I ask? And would you be able to float some chips to BKKcoins if you had them? Just asking sorry if I missed it before in the thread.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:47:04 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 06:02:50 PM by Bicknellski

Another board view.

This one shows Klego pins moved in from the corners and using SMT pins. Also fan header changed to right angle and SMT. Now only the PCIe conn. has thru-hole.

Would there be a problem with your KLego having the 3 pin fan connecetor and the USB overhanging the board next to it if you had multiple boards together as you pictured them connected in a 20 x 20 or 40 x 40 configuration Bkkcoins? It looks like it be very hard to plug in the fan possibly especially if the 3 pin connectors faced each other. And what about the USBs... only need one per layer in the KLego but won't the USB's ports be touching? Might need some asymmetrical arrangement?

KS

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:09:26 PM

Gents... can we just get back to the THREAD.

As was said above can we steer clear of the crap and let the information flow about the Klondike.

Take this to PM or another thread ok guys please.

+1

Not the first time it's been asked - TH & Al., open your own thread to talk about your non-scams.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 181 »
  Print  

Jump to: