Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169907 times)
tofm2

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:27:23 AM

any news from xrp wallets. Note, this was a test drive i have made before investing more.

nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 08:42:31 AM

looks like good project. let see next.

Thank you for your support.

how much time to see the dashboard updated with the payment? for example i sent 1 eth but is still 0

247 confirms on the blockchain

As i said in the preceeding post, the dashboard uses external APIs to get the balance, they are limited. Currently we are working on that, but don't worry, it is just that the API refuses to return the information.
Thank you for your participation.

I would like to invest but I don't own a bitcoin wallet...
I think it would be wise to accept other alts; ltc, eth, dash
You would most likely receive much more funding

I would also suggest a blogging bounty campaign, those reach more users than on bitcointalk sigs will

Good luck on the crowdsale, I will wait for exchanges.

The problem is that if you don't input a bitcoin address you won't be able to receive NVOT as it is a counterparty asset. As soon as you input an address, your altcoin addresses will be revealed.

Why XCP???  Why not ETH?  Is there a reason?  I just don't understand why you'd start on XCP when projects are having problems and leaving XCP.  If you could please explain clearly your reasoning behind issuing tokens on XCP, that would be awesome.  Also, let's say XCP dies or we decide XCP is not a good fit later on, will you be able to migrate to ETH or another blockchain?  Is the benefit of XCP only to get started cheaply with less effort building a BTC dividend paying ETH contract?  XCP is the one huge drawback I see in this project.  While Storj and others are getting off XCP, you are getting on.

Thank you for your comment, first i would like to ask you why do you think XCP is dying ?
Currently XCP is one of the most advanced layers for Bitcoin, it is secured by Bitcoin, their team is implementing smart contracts, and lightning payments.
What ever happens, Bitcoin will always be the top crypto currency, Ethereum is still far behind Bitcoin, this is my point of view as a dev.

I am sure that Storj have good reasons to leave them, but it doesn't means that XCP is worthless.

Is it possible to track how the crowdsale is going? 

Sadlyn ot for now, due to the limitations of the APIs, but they are working on it, and will enable a better balance checking system. which will be used to bring informations about the global invested funds.

Is it not possible to track this via escrow address on blockchain?

Yes you can, because you won't send to NVO, you send to an address controled by the escrows. If the balance doesn't show up, it just means that the API is not providing the information.

hi,

[forgive me if I am meant to have figured this out or derived this by reading the crowdsale materials so far]

I'm only a small fish:  is there a minimum amount of BTC, ETH or other of the acceptable coins I have to send to the relevant address in my account on the logged-in NVO crowdsale website?  In other words, what's the minimum contribution/'investment' amount for me to participate in this crowdsale?  e.g. 1 ETH minimum, 0.01 BTC minimum, etc?

cheers

There is no Minimum, it all depends on you, but as said Lauda, it is better to send like 0.01 BTC as a minimum because it would be too small compared to others, and you won't have much Tokens.

Hi, I have contributed by sending XRP, but I do not see the amount of sent XRP to my account page although my transaction was confirmed (of course I have done the correct operations with BTC paper wallet)

https://bithomp.com/explorer/rHyZ3Hdje9tzoBwgxp1W5nr4qt1KhiHcpQ

please comment

Thank you for your participation, the balance on dashboard is about the displayed address, your investment is under the controle of the escrows, no need to worry about that. Actually the team is setting up some nodes to provide the required informations as the APIs are limited. Sorry for the inconvenient.

Hi, right now I invested in eth on the crowdsale, but I do not see my confirmed eth on my dashboard yet. How many confirmation the dashboard needs before I could see on it?
Thanks

The investment goes to an address controle by an escrow, there is no confirmation limit, the dashboard shows the current balance of each address, it is just limited by the APIs, that's why it is not showing up. The team is working on that.
Thank you for your participation.

I would like to invest but I don't own a bitcoin wallet...
I think it would be wise to accept other alts; ltc, eth, dash
You would most likely receive much more funding

I would also suggest a blogging bounty campaign, those reach more users than on bitcointalk sigs will

Good luck on the crowdsale, I will wait for exchanges.

How can be that a problem? When you can easily get a Bitcoin wallet in a matter of minutes. From Coinbase to Xapo you can choose a wide variety of wallets out there. Also I think that they are accepting other coins, look at the first page of the thread you will see that they are accepting LTC, ETH and Ripple for their Crowdsale Process.

Recently, bitcoin transact through the wallet to another wallet are not been processed in a mintutes of time. It takes a day atleast to completed the transaction with the multiple confirmation in bitcoin. So Eth or litecoin can be used in crowdsale. Nvo announced that they wil raise the funds to design and develop their decentralized exchange in crowdsale. Please refer the news link below.
https://news.bitcoin.com/token-crowdsale-nvo-decentralized-exchange/

Thank you for your support, do not worry about bitcoin investments, you have enough time to do it, and even after crowdsale, the team will allow two to three days untill all the transactions are confirmed to process the bitcoin addresses.

any news from xrp wallets. Note, this was a test drive i have made before investing more.

Do not worry, your investment is in the escrow's hand, and the team is working on the fix.

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:03:03 AM

I think the team should have handled the ICO launch far better than this, I have invested into alot of project by just going to the website, opening account and sent fund directly to the assigned address. I will sit on the fence until the end
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 09:05:23 AM

I think the team should have handled the ICO launch far better than this, I have invested into alot of project by just going to the website, opening account and sent fund directly to the assigned address. I will sit on the fence until the end
What exactly was not handled properly? As an example the biggest crowdsale ever, MobileGO, had severe issues in their first few days. The difference between NVO and MobileGO is that the team decided to delay the launch rather than letting users suffer whilst trying to invest.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 09:44:42 AM

no homepage Huh Huh
Lauda
Legendary

Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 09:49:40 AM

no homepage Huh Huh
The website can be found here: https://nvo.io/. If you can't see it for whatever reason, then the issue is as your end. Try using "CTRL + F5" or flushing your DNS.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nemgun (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 09:54:57 AM

Interesting, could you please provide a detailed description ? for now, we are handling investors questions, wories, and issues, but i would like to have more from your feedback, as of now, i can say that since the campaign relaunched, the total invested funds are around 30.000 USD, with the actual bitcoin dump.
The actual system is more adapted to the project then to the usual platforms, because of counterparty, the most important is to secure the investment. I personally prefer to offer a slightly more complicated way to invest, rather then complicate the withdrawals.
Generally there are always pumps after crowdsales, so i presume some investors (traders) will try to benefit from that, you can check this on the coins historical prices, sometimes the value is raised by x10.

Chronobank had a crowdsale of 5 millions $, if you check them on coinmarketcap, you will find their market cap at 11 millions (ticker : TIME), they have been dumped recently. This is the pressure i am talking about, so what ever happens, NVO have to respect and secure the investors as much as possible. That's why it may appear complicated, but we respect the ideas and feedbacks of everyone.

no homepage Huh Huh
If you are brazillian, i think there is a problem from your ISP as it is the only country who can't open NVO.IO.
tofm2

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:56:37 AM

Hi, I have contributed by sending XRP, but I do not see the amount of sent XRP to my account page although my transaction was confirmed (of course I have done the correct operations with BTC paper wallet)

I have some 1000 more XRP and 3.5 eth  to put in the balance, I want to have a proof of stake for my XRP wallet (should display some before I decide wether or not to invest them (my xrp wallet should display some 153 xrp for now, but it does not.

Thanks for comment.
nemgun (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 10:08:33 AM

I have some 1000 more XRP and 3.5 eth  to put in the balance, I want to have a proof of stake for my XRP wallet (should display some before I decide wether or not to invest them (my xrp wallet should display some 153 xrp for now, but it does not.

Thanks for comment.

Updates will come soon, stay tuned.
nemgun (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 11:08:04 AM

I found some videos on youtube talking about NVO :

cryptoverse : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOu2AqVsuPQ
global rashid (hindi) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvzjxnux3k&t=27s

If someone wants an interview, do not hesitate to send PMs.

Thanks for your videos.

tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 11:15:04 AM

no homepage Huh Huh
The website can be found here: https://nvo.io/. If you can't see it for whatever reason, then the issue is as your end. Try using "CTRL + F5" or flushing your DNS.

its fine i can see it thanks! any early bonuses? this project will be amazing btw

"50% of all fees per trade on the exchange will be automatically distributed to addresses with NVOT
on a weekly basis in the form of NVOS when the exchange is production ready. NVOS will have a
fixed price of $0.99 and can be traded for Bitcoin automatically using Counterparty exchange or
through the validator without fees. NVOT price will not be fixed and will be decided by the market."
tofm2

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:15:41 AM

Thanks for comment.

I definitely hope so...

Do you have an agenda for updates ??
blacque

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:23:20 AM

does it have the potential to replace exchanges like polo and bittrex?
We can't say still that it may have, but it has a potential, but what I am looking for is their Bitcoim wallet where you can have a full control of your currency assets, even in the exchange, you can have full control. The wallet may be still under development, but I know many users are looking forward to it too.
Think outside of the box and make a small comparison:

|
Traditional exchanges
|
NVO
|
|
Centralized
|
Decentralized
|
|
Competitive fees
|
Competitive fees
|
|
Exit Scam/hack Risk
|
No risk of exit scam/hack.
|
|
Private keys owned by the exchange.
|
Private keys owned by individuals.
|
|
Privacy loss due to registration and verification tiers.
|
No privacy loss.
|

Someone could probably come up with a better and more detailed comparison if they spent more time. This makes it perfectly clear why such a project has extreme potential.

Just some thoughts from me, may be self-evident but perhaps worth stating anyway:

- centralised exchanges typically owned by some single entity (e.g. a company);  decentralised exchange arguably able over time (more and more, or at least somewhat) to be 'owned' / steered / influenced by those people who use it, who add liquidity to it, who contribute to the sourcecode, who lead the community.  In other words, avoid the downside of 'shared fate' if single owner does something you don't like one day

- centralised exchanges possibly can be audited/tracked by governments, tax authorities;  decentralised exchange can use privacy/encryption/other means to keep our transactions away from 'unwanted eyes' of the tax man, the police man, etc when they decide to go silly on us sometimes

- question of scale:  peer-2-peer nature of decentralised exchange means capacity probably linearly scales as more nodes add themself to the network;  centralised exchanges typically rely on single owner knowing how to build a scalable website that can service the users - ask Poloniex how this feels!

- centralised exchange is like Amazon/Facebook/Google website; decentralised exchange is like bittorrent.  Arguably: no central decision point, no central server, no central owner to monetise the users' patronage of their service, decide on what content is allowed, exploit your viewing habits, sell your browser history, track your usage for surge pricing model.  In other words, exploit you for their gain

- decentralised exchange is like Linux;  centralised exchange is like Windows.  Open source, crowd sourced means you harness a wide user base who can (potentially) steer, improve and take ownership of the project over time to increase its usefulness, like Linux.org.  Try telling Microsoft how to steer/improve Windows codebase over time.

- decentralised exchange depends on users trading with each other, users decide what is traded, what is bid, what is offered, users generate the price discovery and market depth as it suits us;  centralised exchange relies on single owner entity acting as market maker, providing liquidity, clearing trades, conducting the market, deciding what to offer, policing rogue traders/HFT's

- centralised exchanges often give preferential treatment (discounts, trading costs, IPO's) to large clients ("whales");  much less likely under decentralised exchange / open source / P2P model

- centralised exchange assumes it can legally avoid or pass off mistakes to us bag holders (tax payers, bail outs, Bernie Madoff, GFC, 'moral hazard', FDIC);  decentralised exchange less likely to require 'bail in' from the user base

123ltg

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 11:59:27 AM

Twitter, FB bounty?

75678bed6f9ef5ee872a8222b171e23e
TravelMug

Merit: 854

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:59:41 AM

I don't think you should compare NVO ICO's launched to others ICO's. Everything is black and white in the website. And escrows is all fully trusted as well. So I don't know what's holding you back as far is investing is concern.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
moonblocks

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:04:19 PM

Hello NVO!

Please feel free to Link or RT: https://twitter.com/themoonparadigm/status/868437520601669634

Cool

bitdexter

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:36:23 PM

All Sorted out the NVO team & Lauda.

Great support with my investment issue.

Thanks guys
 Cheesy
nemgun (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 01:08:03 PM

no homepage Huh Huh

its fine i can see it thanks! any early bonuses? this project will be amazing btw

"50% of all fees per trade on the exchange will be automatically distributed to addresses with NVOT
on a weekly basis in the form of NVOS when the exchange is production ready. NVOS will have a
fixed price of $0.99 and can be traded for Bitcoin automatically using Counterparty exchange or
through the validator without fees. NVOT price will not be fixed and will be decided by the market."

NVO wants to be fair with all the investors, this is why the bounties are paid in bitcoin, not in NVO Token, and this is why there is no "early bonus", everyone if free to participate, with the amount he wishes to invest, without any difference between an investor and another.

Thanks for comment.

I definitely hope so...

Do you have an agenda for updates ??

There will be updates everyday, even if not really important updates, but rest assured that at least 1 currency will be updated today.

Let me tell you what is happening at the time of posting :

- Ton (the ceo) is sleeping right now, he worked for hours and is tired.
- Yani (lead dev) talking with investors, guiding them, because ton is sleeping for now.
- Nemgun (friend and support) working on the nodes and answers on bitcointalk.

Don't worry for the updates, they will come, and your investment is safe.

does it have the potential to replace exchanges like polo and bittrex?
We can't say still that it may have, but it has a potential, but what I am looking for is their Bitcoim wallet where you can have a full control of your currency assets, even in the exchange, you can have full control. The wallet may be still under development, but I know many users are looking forward to it too.
Think outside of the box and make a small comparison:

|
Traditional exchanges
|
NVO
|
|
Centralized
|
Decentralized
|
|
Competitive fees
|
Competitive fees
|
|
Exit Scam/hack Risk
|
No risk of exit scam/hack.
|
|
Private keys owned by the exchange.
|
Private keys owned by individuals.
|
|
Privacy loss due to registration and verification tiers.
|
No privacy loss.
|

Someone could probably come up with a better and more detailed comparison if they spent more time. This makes it perfectly clear why such a project has extreme potential.

Just some thoughts from me, may be self-evident but perhaps worth stating anyway:

- centralised exchanges typically owned by some single entity (e.g. a company);  decentralised exchange arguably able over time (more and more, or at least somewhat) to be 'owned' / steered / influenced by those people who use it, who add liquidity to it, who contribute to the sourcecode, who lead the community.  In other words, avoid the downside of 'shared fate' if single owner does something you don't like one day

- centralised exchanges possibly can be audited/tracked by governments, tax authorities;  decentralised exchange can use privacy/encryption/other means to keep our transactions away from 'unwanted eyes' of the tax man, the police man, etc when they decide to go silly on us sometimes

- question of scale:  peer-2-peer nature of decentralised exchange means capacity probably linearly scales as more nodes add themself to the network;  centralised exchanges typically rely on single owner knowing how to build a scalable website that can service the users - ask Poloniex how this feels!

- centralised exchange is like Amazon/Facebook/Google website; decentralised exchange is like bittorrent.  Arguably: no central decision point, no central server, no central owner to monetise the users' patronage of their service, decide on what content is allowed, exploit your viewing habits, sell your browser history, track your usage for surge pricing model.  In other words, exploit you for their gain

- decentralised exchange is like Linux;  centralised exchange is like Windows.  Open source, crowd sourced means you harness a wide user base who can (potentially) steer, improve and take ownership of the project over time to increase its usefulness, like Linux.org.  Try telling Microsoft how to steer/improve Windows codebase over time.

- decentralised exchange depends on users trading with each other, users decide what is traded, what is bid, what is offered, users generate the price discovery and market depth as it suits us;  centralised exchange relies on single owner entity acting as market maker, providing liquidity, clearing trades, conducting the market, deciding what to offer, policing rogue traders/HFT's

- centralised exchanges often give preferential treatment (discounts, trading costs, IPO's) to large clients ("whales");  much less likely under decentralised exchange / open source / P2P model

- centralised exchange assumes it can legally avoid or pass off mistakes to us bag holders (tax payers, bail outs, Bernie Madoff, GFC, 'moral hazard', FDIC);  decentralised exchange less likely to require 'bail in' from the user base

I love how you reordered the past threads, i will definitly follow your next post. especially for linux/windows comparaison, i would just add that in MAC when you have a component problem, you can just delet it without harming the core, it is how NVO plugins intend to work.

Thank you.

Twitter, FB bounty?

Sorry, but not for now, there are signature bounty.

I don't think you should compare NVO ICO's launched to others ICO's. Everything is black and white in the website. And escrows is all fully trusted as well. So I don't know what's holding you back as far is investing is concern.

You are right, it is not to be considered like the usual ICOs, and it is a crowdsale, not ICO, there is a difference between them.

Hello NVO!

Please feel free to Link or RT: https://twitter.com/themoonparadigm/status/868437520601669634

Cool

Thanks a lot, it is nice to get gifts from the bitcointalk community. The project is welcomed, and it is awesome.

All Sorted out the NVO team & Lauda.

Great support with my investment issue.

Thanks guys
 Cheesy

You are welcome.
eagleeye22

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:14:47 PM

Pardon my Noob question. will a BTC wallet generated from Jaxx ok to use as personal BTC address for NVO?
Patinix

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:17:27 PM

Pardon my Noob question. will a BTC wallet generated from Jaxx ok to use as personal BTC address for NVO?

I was going to ask that, and the latest reply was my question  Cool

▀  ███       LEDGER  WALLET   PROTECT  YOUR  BITCOINS
▀  ▀▀▀       Smartcard security for your bitcoins        Decentralized,Open,Secure         Available now  []
▀  ▀  ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: