Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:04:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169894 times)
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:02:57 AM

Hope this was clear enough question LOL

Long story short, if you have the private key that you generated with vanitygen you're good to go. What wallet it's imported to is irrelevant until you want to see your NVOT then it'll need to be imported as a counterparty address to see the tokens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:09:37 AM

Hi Folks:

Interesting project here... looks pretty good so far.

I am still reading thru all the ANN thread to be sure I understand everything before investing, but time running short LOL and I'm still only on page 33 at the moment, so I wanted to jump ahead here to the end and ask a question (hope this is not a repeat of anything earlier, apologies if so...)

Anyway, SO, okay... I understand I need to use a bitcoin address where I have the private key FOR SURE, for this to work in the future.

I used VANITYGEN to make up my own custom "1nvo..." address for this.  So far so good.  Was able to import this address into a web wallet for SENDING the bitcoins, so that should be okay?  And/OR if in the future there's any problem about whatever web wallet I'll use for this (OmniWallet or blockchain.info, whatever) as long as I have preserved the priv key everything should be okay to access my NVO value in whatever other way is best at that time (the NVO wallet itself, presumably...?)

My QUESTION is about the CounterWallet alternative, that's also been noted earlier in this thread.

I made a wallet account there and looked to see IF it was possible to add my VANITY ADDRESS via private key, BUT it appears that CounterWallet only will SWEEP a balance from an entered private key and put the funds, instead, onto it's OWN address???  Repeat: CounterWallet does not seem to be able to directly "ADD" a bitcoin address using a private key (unless I misunderstood something there?)

So, Is this correct?

And, if so, please clarify my understanding that THIS IS NOT what we need for correct working of the crowdsale... yes?

On the contrary -- seems to me that use of the CounterWallet address is ONLY advised to be by way of their OWN address in the wallet (albeit, yes, they provide private key) and ONLY because this wallet will allow us to "SEE" our NVO tokens right away (as "counterparty" assets?) whereas using another wallet and bitcoin private key will require us to WAIT a bit (but, how long?) to be able to see our purchased tokens, after the crowdsale is over....?

Again, is my understanding of this correct?  Please advise.

Bottom line, I'd prefer to use my custom vanity address for this IF possible, as long as it won't take TOO long after the crowdsale is over to be able to confirm my purchase in the NVO wallet itself: if it's gonna be MONTHS later, well, then maybe it'd be better to use the address provided in the CounterWallet system instead.

Thanks in advance for reply.

You could take the risk and try it with a small amount, i am wondering also if i can used my custom vanity address but i am afraid that it will not work. The transaction fee of Bitcoin now a days is very large so i don't bother in trying my vanity address so instead i used the address that was provided by them.
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 02:30:09 AM

Hi Sir/Mam,
Kindly advice how to confirm my contribution went through.

Currently my contribution does not reflect in my account private Altcoins addresses .
Ethereum:
0xf3b521ed63565025396bafd8f2cd78045a25c6f3

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xdf891fe8f53e5069bedf2492cae6101e6490af4b2cebfe1e552a913af1c0e621

Thanks and regards,

Your ethereum address must be from https://www.myetherwallet.com wallet and you will need to add the nvo token to your watch list.

The information below is from https://www.myetherwallet.com website

A Token Creation Period (ICO) may cause delays in transactions on June 20 2PM - 8PM GMT. What time is it now?
If your TX is not urgent, we recommend waiting for faster & cheaper TXs. You can also use a gas price of 50 GWEI, which you can adjust in the footer. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks.. Had already added nvo token to my watch list. Will the token balance only be reflected after the crowdsale?

Yes, when the crowdsale ends, we will parse the addresses and calculate the price of NVO token.

Hello i already logged in and already entered a btc address but when i press the home button it returns me too log in again i tried it thrice already. is there something im missing in logging in?.. thanks

May be site fatal 404 error passed in the website due to crawler spikes. You can clear the cache and try to log in again. If there is coding bug popped up means you can write a text to site support or the moderators who is tech savy to help you.

404 isn't a fatal error, it means that he can't find the file, which is not related in his case. I spoke with Yani about that issue, he is still waiting for you.

I used CPS wallet to send bitcoin to join the crowdsale, is that ok?

Sadly no, please join us on slack, then join the channel #issue1, you will be notified as soon as a viable solution will be available.

How is the value of ICO deposits calculated? For instance if I buy 200 LTC worth today, will it go by USD value at the end of the crowdsale or at the time it is deposited?

I was thinking about the same thing and didnt got any answer regarding it. Will be joining the slack soon and will be discussing this. In the meantime, promoting NVO more on Twitter.

Thank you for your support.

saqwe - it is possible answer my two questions? Smiley
1. private keys = backup phrase? (e.g. bitpay uses as backup just this phrase or it is possible to export private key from bitpay e.g. like is in paper wallet?)
2. who will guarantee 99 cents for NVOS? It would be possible to sell it e.g. on poloniex? If so, who will guarantee price? because every week there will be lots ot NVOS tokens for sale ... if price on poloniex cant be fixed at 99 cents, how could people sell it in this price?

1- You should use counterwallet to solve this issue with no hussle.
2-NVO will guarantee the price, as NVO will buy them back. Not possible to be listed on Poloniex, at first it will be hosted on counterparty, and later added to NVO exchange.

huge thx for answers, but ...
- bitpay is recommended by NVO .. but ok, i can use counterwallet
- why on earth would buy NVO back NVOS? Why cant they send directly btc?!

It is not about been recomended, but the easiest one to use is counterwallet.
It is about legal sides of the project, it is a way to protect the NVO token holders and to keep the exchange decentralized.

Hi Folks:

Interesting project here... looks pretty good so far.

I am still reading thru all the ANN thread to be sure I understand everything before investing, but time running short LOL and I'm still only on page 33 at the moment, so I wanted to jump ahead here to the end and ask a question (hope this is not a repeat of anything earlier, apologies if so...)

Anyway, SO, okay... I understand I need to use a bitcoin address where I have the private key FOR SURE, for this to work in the future.

I used VANITYGEN to make up my own custom "1nvo..." address for this.  So far so good.  Was able to import this address into a web wallet for SENDING the bitcoins, so that should be okay?  And/OR if in the future there's any problem about whatever web wallet I'll use for this (OmniWallet or blockchain.info, whatever) as long as I have preserved the priv key everything should be okay to access my NVO value in whatever other way is best at that time (the NVO wallet itself, presumably...?)

My QUESTION is about the CounterWallet alternative, that's also been noted earlier in this thread.

I made a wallet account there and looked to see IF it was possible to add my VANITY ADDRESS via private key, BUT it appears that CounterWallet only will SWEEP a balance from an entered private key and put the funds, instead, onto it's OWN address???  Repeat: CounterWallet does not seem to be able to directly "ADD" a bitcoin address using a private key (unless I misunderstood something there?)

So, Is this correct?

And, if so, please clarify my understanding that THIS IS NOT what we need for correct working of the crowdsale... yes?

On the contrary -- seems to me that use of the CounterWallet address is ONLY advised to be by way of their OWN address in the wallet (albeit, yes, they provide private key) and ONLY because this wallet will allow us to "SEE" our NVO tokens right away (as "counterparty" assets?) whereas using another wallet and bitcoin private key will require us to WAIT a bit (but, how long?) to be able to see our purchased tokens, after the crowdsale is over....?

Again, is my understanding of this correct?  Please advise.

Bottom line, I'd prefer to use my custom vanity address for this IF possible, as long as it won't take TOO long after the crowdsale is over to be able to confirm my purchase in the NVO wallet itself: if it's gonna be MONTHS later, well, then maybe it'd be better to use the address provided in the CounterWallet system instead.

Thanks in advance for reply.

You are right about allwhat you said, except that you can your balance using counterparty explorer, or https://xchain.io/
Yes, they sweep the address, because they consider that it is unsafe, the problem here is that you have a vanity address.

You can still keep it as is, and retreive the address using xchain, and create transactions manually. Or wait untill NVO releases a wallet update.
It is all up to your decision.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions, you can join us on slack too.

davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 914

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:40:07 AM

An article about the ICO:

https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-nvo/

There's one crucial error that I found in this analysis (so far)

The token will be called NVOT (NVO Token) and will apparently have a fixed price. This doesn’t, of course, make it untradeable via other exchanges, which could give it varying prices and some volatility regardless of any efforts.

NVOT will trade at whatever the market decides, NVOS will be stable at $0.99. Unless I just really didn't grasp the concept properly.

Who is going to guarantee that NVOS will be stable at $0.99?
Do you think that NVO owners/developers would start bying NVOS when the price goes under 0.99 USD?
I`m still confused about a lot of things regarding this project and most of the posts here sound like japanese to me. Grin

pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:25:25 AM

Is the personal bitcoin address which I has sumbit in the nvo.io the same address I have in my  jaxx wallet?
migello

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:08:13 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 08:54:05 AM by migello

The token will be called NVOT (NVO Token) and will apparently have a fixed price. This doesn’t, of course, make it untradeable via other exchanges, which could give it varying prices and some volatility regardless of any efforts.

NVOT will trade at whatever the market decides, NVOS will be stable at $0.99. Unless I just really didn't grasp the concept properly.

Do you think that NVO owners/developers would start bying NVOS when the price goes under 0.99 USD?
I`m still confused about a lot of things regarding this project and most of the posts here sound like japanese to me. Grin

i have  read bitcointalk and safemaid forum, seems nvos will be rebought @ $0.99 when exchange lauch.

from my understanding is feasible because: ----) exchange fees /2

so if nvos value is fixed @ $0.99

let's assume $10.000 in fees today ----) $ 5.000 to the system -----) $5.000 in NVOS for NVOT holders (5.050 NVOS @ $0,99)

basically they convert the fees dollars and create NVOS, the $5000 FIAT value from the conversion is stored!!

Is obvious $5000 ---) 5.050 NVOS ----) $5000

Instead NVOT will be on exchanges and price will fluctuate

i think:

NVOS -----) NVO Stake
         NVOT -----) NVO Token

But the real question... what NVO Stand for?

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:50:48 AM

I understand the way you view this because in an open market there is no way price can be fixed without intervention of the external party which in this case is the developers. My concern to this is that will there be a particular exchange where this will be done and aside that how long will the support will be for the token in case market forces are swinging in both ways?
Trigul

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:25:41 AM

Hello,

I am fairly new to this and I was wondering if there was a way to see our contribution (BTC) on the crowdsale website?
Indeed, the website counterwallet which I use doesn't seems to display my transaction history (this guy has the same issue apparently https://counterpartytalk.org/t/transfer-not-showing-in-history/3190).

I just want to be sure I did not lose any money.

I wish you all a good day and thank you for your help.

Best,
Trigul
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:02:39 PM

Imagine that we are in a room you and me, and that we have made a program for a system of probability. And we do not want to know the result, first we are going to do the program that flips a coin randomly, except that if we want to see the result, it must be recorded to be able to read it, except that In this case, the result must go to the safenet.
The first question is that we have made the algorithm, we know it, and have the decryption key, except that to be sure not to know the key, we will ask the blockchain to generate a random decryption key, and give us a smart contract, it will convey the coin to safenet.

So the smart contract is only the vehicle of the coin that we fliped. The computation will be used to flip the piece elsewhere. We will not have the decryption key.

Please explain what you are trying to say more formally and mathematically because that is nearly incoherent.  If you cannot express your algorithm mathematically, then there's zero chance you can implement it.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:24:42 PM

This may have been answered before but I didn't see it when reading the thread...

Once the campaign is over, will you stagger the sells of the coins you've collected? Any worries about a series of big sells orders causing a dip just as you are funding? Just curious if there's been any thought given to this, or if it's a valid concern at all. I know in the world of stocks there are people who are trained to specifically sell a little at a time when exiting large positions to maximize their profits.
_Ricardo_

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:19:53 PM

Good afternoon ! I have some questions:

1- I used Bitcoin's personal address as an Electrum address, and made my contribution with altcoins. I backed up the private key of the Electrum address;
2- I created a Bitcoin address on CounterWallet, and I verified the possibility of using my private key to import future NVO Tokens through the private key that I imported from the Electrum address.

===> Now my doubt I read that this import is not immediate (private key electrum <==> Token NVO inside the counterwallet), it may take some time.

Can I change the personal address bitcoin (from the Electrum wallet) in the NVO panel by my Counterwallet address (from what I saw the most appropriate address)? Will this change replace the Altcoin addresses on the NVO panel?

Grateful.
Bothebu

Activity: 81
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:23:49 PM

I use Electrum as my bitcoin wallet.  I registered one of my Electrum wallet addresses on NVO.io website, but I have not sent funds yet.  How will I see my NVOT using Electrum?  I see a token balances section on myetherwallet.  But, I don't understand how it works with bitcoins/Electrum.  Thank you and I apologize if this has been asked and answeered.
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:36:56 PM

Nemgun, I have read some comments that Maidsafe is taking too long in deploying the official release of their project, is this a concern for NVO and will it be affecting you seriously in any way?
Nemgun, I have read some comments that Maidsafe is taking too long in deploying the official release of their project, is this a concern for NVO and will it be affecting you seriously in any way?

This is a big concern to me.  Maidsafe is promising the moon on a stick: a new internet based on a DHT and no blockchain.   We know this technology, have serious doubts and question such a claim. They have not released anything substantial and everyone is waiting and waiting.

We have about 4 months to finish the exchange and the validator as we have engagements regarding the investors, partners, and community. If MaidSafe isn't ready untill there, we said that we will offer to help them, if they refuse, we will go for a different option, like Radix, or create our own system, which would need about 2-3 months of intencive work.

The idea is to form a team that will be sufficiently experienced to make good progress on the project and to help other projects that may need it.

As you know we secured the funds with milestones because the money can make you crazy, that's why the goal is to deliver 100% of the project in 10 months if there is no SafeNet. And to be sure that the funds are not misused, because many projects end up finishing without delivering the project because they have been too late to issue.

Are you saying, that you are going to create a replacement for MaidSafe in 2-3 months if MaidSafe is not ready on time? With a team of people you DO NOT have yet? Something that MaidSafe have been trying to accomplish FOR 3 YEARS Huh?

CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:17:59 PM

I have sent BTC from blockchain wallet to the NVO ICO. Please can you tell me what will I see in the ICO page BTC I sent or NVO tokens...Will I be able to see anything?

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
randomactz

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:23:10 PM

Hi
I created a Wallet on Counterwallet and Transferred Some BTC to the bitcoin escrow address mentioned on the NVO ICO Dashboard
Now what will happen..? Will i see the bitcoin balance that is transferred or any token amount on my ICO page or anything..?
Or just the Tokens will get credited to the same wallet from which funds are sent after the crowdsale ends

As it is already a day and i cannot check anything regarding transaction Came through or balance thing on my NVO.io dashboard
Fast reply will be appreciated
Thanks
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:49:16 PM

I understand the way you view this because in an open market there is no way price can be fixed without intervention of the external party which in this case is the developers. My concern to this is that will there be a particular exchange where this will be done and aside that how long will the support will be for the token in case market forces are swinging in both ways?

You just control the supply of tokens like tether or any other currency that is tethered to USD. Obviously tether has been having some problems lately but no algorithm is perfect so it's do be expected with NVOS as well. Maybe NVOS will be their version of tether that you can buy on their platform.
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 02:53:35 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 12:36:20 PM by nemgun

Hello,

I am fairly new to this and I was wondering if there was a way to see our contribution (BTC) on the crowdsale website?
Indeed, the website counterwallet which I use doesn't seems to display my transaction history (this guy has the same issue apparently https://counterpartytalk.org/t/transfer-not-showing-in-history/3190).

I just want to be sure I did not lose any money.

I wish you all a good day and thank you for your help.

Best,
Trigul

Hello, sorry for that issue, can you please join slack ?

This may have been answered before but I didn't see it when reading the thread...

Once the campaign is over, will you stagger the sells of the coins you've collected? Any worries about a series of big sells orders causing a dip just as you are funding? Just curious if there's been any thought given to this, or if it's a valid concern at all. I know in the world of stocks there are people who are trained to specifically sell a little at a time when exiting large positions to maximize their profits.

The values will be frozen at the moment the crowdsale ends, from there the price of the token will be calculated, the cryptos will be converted slowly in order to avoid dumps, the difference will be supported by NVO.

Good afternoon ! I have some questions:

1- I used Bitcoin's personal address as an Electrum address, and made my contribution with altcoins. I backed up the private key of the Electrum address;
2- I created a Bitcoin address on CounterWallet, and I verified the possibility of using my private key to import future NVO Tokens through the private key that I imported from the Electrum address.

===> Now my doubt I read that this import is not immediate (private key electrum <==> Token NVO inside the counterwallet), it may take some time.

Can I change the personal address bitcoin (from the Electrum wallet) in the NVO panel by my Counterwallet address (from what I saw the most appropriate address)? Will this change replace the Altcoin addresses on the NVO panel?

Grateful.

It all depends on your decision, but changing the address on the dashboard won't change the Altcoin addresses. If you sent Bitcoins, you have to notify the team, preferably on slack, because the NVO tokens will be sent to the address you sent from.

I use Electrum as my bitcoin wallet.  I registered one of my Electrum wallet addresses on NVO.io website, but I have not sent funds yet.  How will I see my NVOT using Electrum?  I see a token balances section on myetherwallet.  But, I don't understand how it works with bitcoins/Electrum.  Thank you and I apologize if this has been asked and answeered.

NVO token is a counterparty token, which means that it follows the bitcoin blockchain. You can change the address on the website without any problem as you haven't sent Bitcoins or Altcoins. You can't see the NVOT using electrum, but you can do it using counterwallet, or the NVO wallet, after the update.

I have sent BTC from blockchain wallet to the NVO ICO. Please can you tell me what will I see in the ICO page BTC I sent or NVO tokens...Will I be able to see anything?

You should join slack, as you sent from blockchain.info you won't have access to your private key, once you are in slack, yani will help you.

Hi
I created a Wallet on Counterwallet and Transferred Some BTC to the bitcoin escrow address mentioned on the NVO ICO Dashboard
Now what will happen..? Will i see the bitcoin balance that is transferred or any token amount on my ICO page or anything..?
Or just the Tokens will get credited to the same wallet from which funds are sent after the crowdsale ends

As it is already a day and i cannot check anything regarding transaction Came through or balance thing on my NVO.io dashboard
Thanks

The dashboard doesn't track the bitcoin addresses who sent to the escrow address, the block explorers are already doing it.
this is the good one : the Tokens will get credited to the same wallet from which funds are sent after the crowdsale ends

You just control the supply of tokens like tether or any other currency that is tethered to USD. Obviously tether has been having some problems lately but no algorithm is perfect so it's do be expected with NVOS as well. Maybe NVOS will be their version of tether that you can buy on their platform.

No, Tether isn't comparable to NVOS, it is totally different.

Imagine that we are in a room you and me, and that we have made a program for a system of probability. And we do not want to know the result, first we are going to do the program that flips a coin randomly, except that if we want to see the result, it must be recorded to be able to read it, except that In this case, the result must go to the safenet.
The first question is that we have made the algorithm, we know it, and have the decryption key, except that to be sure not to know the key, we will ask the blockchain to generate a random decryption key, and give us a smart contract, it will convey the coin to safenet.

So the smart contract is only the vehicle of the coin that we fliped. The computation will be used to flip the piece elsewhere. We will not have the decryption key.

Please explain what you are trying to say more formally and mathematically because that is nearly incoherent.  If you cannot express your algorithm mathematically, then there's zero chance you can implement it.

It is not because you have not understood that I can not implement it, does not judge without understanding.

I will start step by step so that you can understand, each time we finishes one, we advance towards the other.

There is not only one algorithm, there are several, so we have three key elements, a blockchain that synchronizes the wallets and encrypts the data, the smart contract that comes from the blockchain that carries a private key and the address randomly and encrypted, and the smartcontract swap.

Now that you have an idea of ​​the definitions, let's move on.

So A wants to place an order:

The wallet creates a smart contract, and sends it directly to safenet without being kept on site while being hashed in double sha256. The decryption key remains on the blockchain.

PS: the user does not have access to the multisig or any other access. View that the wallet is not the stokage space of the orders.

This is the first phase, if you have any questions, I answer then we go on.

This is a big concern to me.  Maidsafe is promising the moon on a stick: a new internet based on a DHT and no blockchain.   We know this technology, have serious doubts and question such a claim. They have not released anything substantial and everyone is waiting and waiting.

We have about 4 months to finish the exchange and the validator as we have engagements regarding the investors, partners, and community. If MaidSafe isn't ready untill there, we said that we will offer to help them, if they refuse, we will go for a different option, like Radix, or create our own system, which would need about 2-3 months of intencive work.

The idea is to form a team that will be sufficiently experienced to make good progress on the project and to help other projects that may need it.

As you know we secured the funds with milestones because the money can make you crazy, that's why the goal is to deliver 100% of the project in 10 months if there is no SafeNet. And to be sure that the funds are not misused, because many projects end up finishing without delivering the project because they have been too late to issue.

Are you saying, that you are going to create a replacement for MaidSafe in 2-3 months if MaidSafe is not ready on time? With a team of people you DO NOT have yet? Something that MaidSafe have been trying to accomplish FOR 3 YEARS Huh?

Maidsafe is developing a new internet, which is not the case for NVO, we don't need the full safenet, plus they extensively test the features they implement and see their limit. in the case of NVO we need some elements only this why the development won't be as long as for safenet.

_Ricardo_

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:50:38 AM

Nemgun

So contribute with XRP and doge. Do not send Bitcoins. If I now change the address of the electrum by the address Counterwallet, will the tokens be deposited in the Counterwallet or still going to the address Electrum?

Grateful.
Allo

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:24:27 AM

Now that you have an idea of ​​the definitions, let's move on.

So A wants to place an order:

The wallet creates a smart contract, and sends it directly to safenet without being kept on site while being encrypted in double sha256. The decryption key remains on the blockchain.

I'm sorry, but I'm really baffled as I keep reading about this mysterious "double sha256" encryption. - Never heard of it in the context of asymmetric encryption.
To my knowledge, sha256 is a hashing algorithm, - not an encryption algorithm.
(For those not in-the-know, hashing algorithms are one-way computations by definition and purpose, and one cannot reverse the operation to get the original data from a hash.)
Yes, it does transform information and produce a hash value of that information. But in practice, there's no routine mechanism to reverse that computation, - only some very elaborate hacking may be able to do that.
So, yeah - it's kinda secure, if all you need is to compare it with another such hash to determine if the original data for the two hash values was the same (with a 99.9999% probability, as in very rare cases two very different pieces of data may actually produce the same hash).
But there are no keys ever involved in calculating sha256, therefore no private key would ever be able to reverse the operation (one can only use a salt value to obfuscate input data and prevent dictionary attacks on the hash).
And then, double-sha256 merely adds another round of computations where the first computed hash itself is hashed again using sha256.

I'd really like to get an explanation for the "double sha256 encryption" term, as that would constitute an incredible mathematical breakthrough.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:24:53 AM

Hi

Thanks

So  we will not able to see the coins till the end of the iCO? so how do we know that we did it right? I send BTC from blockchain wallet, is that ok too?

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: