Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:23:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169894 times)
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 06:31:59 AM

Now that you have an idea of ​​the definitions, let's move on.

So A wants to place an order:

The wallet creates a smart contract, and sends it directly to safenet without being kept on site while being encrypted in double sha256. The decryption key remains on the blockchain.

I'm sorry, but I'm really baffled as I keep reading about this mysterious "double sha256" encryption. - Never heard of it in the context of asymmetric encryption.
To my knowledge, sha256 is a hashing algorithm, - not an encryption algorithm.
(For those not in-the-know, hashing algorithms are one-way computations by definition and purpose, and one cannot reverse the operation to get the original data from a hash.)
Yes, it does transform information and produce a hash value of that information. But in practice, there's no routine mechanism to reverse that computation, - only some very elaborate hacking may be able to do that.
So, yeah - it's kinda secure, if all you need is to compare it with another such hash to determine if the original data for the two hash values was the same (with a 99.9999% probability, as in very rare cases two very different pieces of data may actually produce the same hash).
But there are no keys ever involved in calculating sha256, therefore no private key would ever be able to reverse the operation (one can only use a salt value to obfuscate input data and prevent dictionary attacks on the hash).
And then, double-sha256 merely adds another round of computations where the first computed hash itself is hashed again using sha256.

I'd really like to get an explanation for the "double sha256 encryption" term, as that would constitute an incredible mathematical breakthrough.

I feel that you are really limited, you try to make the clever for nothing by giving definitions that everyone knows. I'm going to explain what a blockchain is, it is like a database, and I'll save hash in that database.
So when the smart contract will be hashed in sha256, it will serve as an id.
Now A wants to make a trade, it leaves coins for sale and goes offline, how the database will call its smart contract? She will call it using using the hash.
I will help you learn a few things, when you read definitions ask yourself what are they for, you will be able to understand them better, so after the definitions, it is the functions.

I will give an example for others who do not know the development:
https://satoshimines.com/play/c1397e2164317bcb411d91cc0799610a0d954368/#DONT_SHARE_URL

This is a satoshimine link, it serves to identify the player. What you see in red is the hash, no one except you and the database of satoshimines can have it, if you modify it you lose your account.

How will NVO work? It is necessary to ask about the double sha256, to bring more security. Now this pseudo blockchain, where does it come from? NVO will fork ? Which blockchain NVO will use? Which technology will be used?
It is necessary to ask all these questions, I answer you, we will use the technology of Bitcoin, because in my eyes it is the best, with many developers who maintain it, the one that succeeds best, and the oldest in term Of experience, in addition it uses sha256. We can say that we are going to use a bitcoin sidechain, it will not be a fork.

The sidechain will work as a RAM, a cache for the duration of the trades, once the trades end, it erases the information and does not keep history, because NVO is a decentralized and anonymous exchange, it is not Not meant to track its users. And how will safenet be? Like a hard drive, where the smart contract will be sent for offline use.

So what's the utility of the user's wallet? It will be the CPU to connect the other two. He will link his signature to the sidechain so that the smart contract is made, and to launch the algorithm for the multisig, the result will simply register on the safenet, so the user will have access to nothing, apart from the Calculates and bandwidth.

Nemgun

So contribute with XRP and doge. Do not send Bitcoins. If I now change the address of the electrum by the address Counterwallet, will the tokens be deposited in the Counterwallet or still going to the address Electrum?

Grateful.

Thanks for participating, you can change the address normally, the tokens will be sent to counterwallet.

Hi
I created a Wallet on Counterwallet and Transferred Some BTC to the bitcoin escrow address mentioned on the NVO ICO Dashboard
Now what will happen..? Will i see the bitcoin balance that is transferred or any token amount on my ICO page or anything..?
Or just the Tokens will get credited to the same wallet from which funds are sent after the crowdsale ends

As it is already a day and i cannot check anything regarding transaction Came through or balance thing on my NVO.io dashboard
Fast reply will be appreciated
Thanks

So  we will not able to see the coins till the end of the iCO? so how do we know that we did it right? I send BTC from blockchain wallet, is that ok too?

If you sent from blockchain.info, please join slack, as your nvo tokens may get stuck.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:36:25 AM

The wallet creates a smart contract, and sends it directly to safenet without being kept on site while being encrypted in double sha256. The decryption key remains on the blockchain.

I'm sorry, but I'm really baffled as I keep reading about this mysterious "double sha256" encryption. - Never heard of it in the context of asymmetric encryption.
(For those not in-the-know, hashing algorithms are one-way computations by definition and purpose, and one cannot reverse the operation to get the original data from a hash.)
Yes, it does transform information and produce a hash value of that information. But in practice, there's no routine mechanism to reverse that computation, - only some very elaborate hacking may be able to do that.
So, yeah - it's kinda secure, if all you need is to compare it with another such hash to determine if the original data for the two hash values was the same (with a 99.9999% probability, as in very rare cases two very different pieces of data may actually produce the same hash).
But there are no keys ever involved in calculating sha256, therefore no private key would ever be able to reverse the operation (one can only use a salt value to obfuscate input data and prevent dictionary attacks on the hash).
And then, double-sha256 merely adds another round of computations where the first computed hash itself is hashed again using sha256.

I'd really like to get an explanation for the "double sha256 encryption" term, as that would constitute an incredible mathematical breakthrough.

I feel that you are really limited, you try to make the clever for nothing by giving definitions that everyone knows. I'm going to explain what a blockchain is, it is like a database, and I'll save hash in that database.
Now A wants to make a trade, it leaves coins for sale and goes offline, how the database will call its smart contract? She will call it using using the hash.
I will help you learn a few things, when you read definitions ask yourself what are they for, you will be able to understand them better, so after the definitions, it is the functions.

https://satoshimines.com/play/c1397e2164317bcb411d91cc0799610a0d954368/#DONT_SHARE_URL

This is a satoshimine link, it serves to identify the player. What you see in red is the hash, no one except you and the database of satoshimines can have it, if you modify it you lose your account.

How will NVO work? It is necessary to ask about the double sha256, to bring more security. Now this pseudo blockchain, where does it come from? NVO will fork ? Which blockchain NVO will use? Which technology will be used?
It is necessary to ask all these questions, I answer you, we will use the technology of Bitcoin, because in my eyes it is the best, with many developers who maintain it, the one that succeeds best, and the oldest in term Of experience, in addition it uses sha256. We can say that we are going to use a bitcoin sidechain, it will not be a fork.

The sidechain will work as a RAM, a cache for the duration of the trades, once the trades end, it erases the information and does not keep history, because NVO is a decentralized and anonymous exchange, it is not Not meant to track its users. And how will safenet be? Like a hard drive, where the smart contract will be sent for offline use.

So what's the utility of the user's wallet? It will be the CPU to connect the other two. He will link his signature to the sidechain so that the smart contract is made, and to launch the algorithm for the multisig, the result will simply register on the safenet, so the user will have access to nothing, apart from the Calculates and bandwidth.

Nemgun

So contribute with XRP and doge. Do not send Bitcoins. If I now change the address of the electrum by the address Counterwallet, will the tokens be deposited in the Counterwallet or still going to the address Electrum?

Grateful.

Thanks for participating, you can change the address normally, the tokens will be sent to counterwallet.

Hi
I created a Wallet on Counterwallet and Transferred Some BTC to the bitcoin escrow address mentioned on the NVO ICO Dashboard
Now what will happen..? Will i see the bitcoin balance that is transferred or any token amount on my ICO page or anything..?
Or just the Tokens will get credited to the same wallet from which funds are sent after the crowdsale ends

As it is already a day and i cannot check anything regarding transaction Came through or balance thing on my NVO.io dashboard
Thanks

So  we will not able to see the coins till the end of the iCO? so how do we know that we did it right? I send BTC from blockchain wallet, is that ok too?

If you sent from blockchain.info, please join slack, as your nvo tokens may get stuck.

Yes it was sent from blockchain.info , why is stuck and why it was not said that before?

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
nemgun (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 07:13:05 AM

-snip-

Yes it was sent from blockchain.info , why is stuck and why it was not said that before?

Can you please join slack  https://nvoinvite.herokuapp.com/
once there, join #issue1 and fill form, you will be notified with further instructions.
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:31:32 AM

Nemgun

Grateful.

Hi

Thanks

Dear mister smart,

People are confused because you are calling hashing operation a "double sha256 encryption".

More over, later you are accusing people of being limited, because they don't understand you.

Please also learn something: hashing is not encrypting - don't call hashing operation an encryption.

Regards

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 11:48:39 AM

Dear mister smart,

People are confused because you are calling hashing operation a "double sha256 encryption".
There is a strong language barrier present, which makes it extremely difficult to express himself especially when nemgun has to combat a lot of trolls native to English. I have notified him of his mistake. He will correct it once he is around.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bothebu

Activity: 81
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:16:32 PM

Dear mister smart,

There is a strong language barrier present, which makes it extremely difficult to express himself especially when nemgun has to combat a lot of trolls native to English. I have notified him of his mistake. He will correct it once he is around.

Considering this is a very large forum and this thread is 48 pages and the developers are asking us to send our hard earned coins to them.  Maybe someone who speaks English as a first language should be their representative.  I am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about participating in this organization.
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:17:10 PM

Dear mister smart,

I understand. Still there was no need for him to call anybody of being limited.

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:19:31 PM

Dear mister smart,

The problem is that these are technical terms that are not confused.  In any language everyone knows hashing is NOT encryption.

The fact that someone running an ICO, taking millions of dollars, confuses these two well-known distinct terms is unsettling for investors.  Something is amiss here.

It was also unprofessional to call the person who picked up on this "limited".  He's actually quite attentive.  And he's right.  The fact he was called "limited" was condescending and tells a lot about the organizer.  Not a good indicator.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 12:23:58 PM

Considering this is a very large forum and this thread is 48 pages and the developers are asking us to send our hard earned coins to them.
No. They are merely giving you an opportunity to participate.

Maybe someone who speaks English as a first language should be their representative.
When you are asking technical details, then you'd expect the developers to answer. The current ones do not have English as their first language.

I am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about participating in this organization.
Again, nobody is asking you to. You are free to ignore it. Unlike 99.9% of the scam ICOs/IPOs/Crowdsales, the team of this one is not hyping it.

I understand. Still there was no need for him to call anybody of being limited.
Perhaps.

The problem is that these are technical terms that are not confused.  In any language everyone knows hashing is NOT encryption.
Such as statement shows inexperience. If you only had an idea how often people completely confuse terms in the IT workplace, or arguably worse, have a completely wrong understanding of something (e.g. I've recently mixed up inbound and outbound connections as I had not drunk my morning coffee Cheesy). Combine that with the lack of sleep during the whole duration of the crowdsale (which is now ~24 days in).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nemgun (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 12:30:58 PM

Dear mister smart,

Considering this is a very large forum and this thread is 48 pages and the developers are asking us to send our hard earned coins to them.  Maybe someone who speaks English as a first language should be their representative.  I am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about participating in this organization.

Exactly how I feel about participating too.

Sorry, i don't sleep that much these days, and google translate isn't helping much, what i meant was double sha256 hashing, not encryption, because once the smart contract is brought from sadenet, for trading, it will use the double sha256 hashes to check for the integrity and references.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:34:18 PM

Hope this was clear enough question LOL

Long story short, if you have the private key that you generated with vanitygen you're good to go. What wallet it's imported to is irrelevant until you want to see your NVOT then it'll need to be imported as a counterparty address to see the tokens.

Yes Right, The key here is the private key and if you lost that, it means trouble for you.  Private key is generated by vanitygen and this is one of the first exchange which gives you access to the private key , thus making it much more secure for the end user.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
arabaccason

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:38:17 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, I apologise if these questions have been answered before but there is a lot of information to wade through here, please can anyone help?

The instructions on the website/forum aren't that clear to me, I would like to invest in an ico for the first time ever and I need your help.

It suggests on the website using Exodus as a BTC wallet to send funds to the BTC escrow, but in the forum it says the best thing to use is a paper wallet, and if we do not have access to the private key we lose any tokens sent to us, so firstly if I send from Exodus might I lose my tokens?

Would I input my personal BTC address as my paper wallet address, then send the BTC from my Exodus wallet??? In doing so would any tokens awarded to me be sent to my paper wallet, safe and secure, or would it be sent to the wallet I made the investment from?? or do I send BTC from my Exodus wallet and also input that as my personal BTC address??

Sorry for being a noob
SEnergy

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:49:05 PM

I'm a little bit confused about how the deposit works

when sending BTC, in instructions it clearly states that "when using 2 different btc addresses, NVOT will be send to each other according to the deposit" - but I can enter only 1 BTC address, so how does that exactly work?

let's say I have 2 btc addresses, #1 and #2, I will give you an address to the #1 BTC address (only to the #1) and then send 0.5 BTC from both, #1 and #2 (total of 1 BTC) to the BTC address generated on NVO site... will I get the exact amount of NVOT on both addresses (worth 0.5 BTC on each), or will I get amount corresponding to the 1 BTC to the address #1 (of which you got an address)?
pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:10:50 PM

Is the personal bitcoin address which I has sumbit in the nvo.io the same address I have in my  jaxx wallet?

That question might feel a little stupid, but I want to be sure.

So. I have a jaxx wallet. There is a bitcoin address and its private key. So can I just copy the address from there and submit it to the nvo.io as a personal bitcoin address? And also can I sent bitcoins from that jaxx wallets very same bitcoin address to the nvo.io crowdsale?

Another question. There are two bitcoin addresses in jaxx wallet. For some reason. What if I submit one of those address to the nvo.io as a personal bitcoin address and sent the bitcoin from another bitcoin address  in the jaxx wallet. Is there any promblem? I guess no. I hold the private keys of both of those addresses in the jaxx wallet.

I just want know that I have understood right.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 02:27:19 PM

The instructions on the website/forum aren't that clear to me, I would like to invest in an ico for the first time ever and I need your help.
The instructions are very clear. Read:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1917456.msg19226871#msg19226871
https://medium.com/nvo-exchange/how-to-contribute-to-the-nvo-crowdsale-d3e4453e3d7d

It suggests on the website using Exodus as a BTC wallet to send funds to the BTC escrow, but in the forum it says the best thing to use is a paper wallet, and if we do not have access to the private key we lose any tokens sent to us, so firstly if I send from Exodus might I lose my tokens?
1) You don't understand what a paper wallet is.
2) I would not recommend a paper wallet investment (as it's nonsensical). Paper wallets are for cold storage.
3) It does not matter what wallet you are using as long as you have the private key to the address that you're sending from. This means that online wallets, exchanges and similar won't work. A list of supported wallets can be found in the post that I have linked above.

when sending BTC, in instructions it clearly states that "when using 2 different btc addresses, NVOT will be send to each other according to the deposit" - but I can enter only 1 BTC address, so how does that exactly work?
It does not matter which BTC address you put into the dashboard unless you're investing with altcoins. Therefore, you could invest Bitcoin without even registering on the website. I recommend investing from the same address multiple times rather than multiple addresses as you would have to keep track of multiple private keys.

So. I have a jaxx wallet. There is a bitcoin address and its private key. So can I just copy the address from there and submit it to the nvo.io as a personal bitcoin address? And also can I sent bitcoins from that jaxx wallets very same bitcoin address to the nvo.io crowdsale?
Yes and yes.

Another question. There are two bitcoin addresses in jaxx wallet. For some reason. What if I submit one of those address to the nvo.io as a personal bitcoin address and sent the bitcoin from another bitcoin address  in the jaxx wallet. Is there any promblem? I guess no. I hold the private keys of both of those addresses in the jaxx wallet.
It does not matter if you own the private key to the other address as well. You would get tokens on that other address, and would need to import it's private key into counterwallet to see the tokens (a guide will be published for this later).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
captcha01

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:29:42 PM

......Open source wallet for.................

where I can see the source code?

It will be published once ICO ends and software will be released.
pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:47:53 PM

Thanks Lauda for the answers.
SEnergy

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:17:44 PM

It does not matter which BTC address you put into the dashboard unless you're investing with altcoins. Therefore, you could invest Bitcoin without even registering on the website. I recommend investing from the same address multiple times rather than multiple addresses as you would have to keep track of multiple private keys.

1, so if I want to invest with ethereum as well, you will send the NVOT to the bitcoin address you got the BTC from (not the one registered), AND to the BTC address registered when I send ETH to the ethereum address generated?

2, can I send ether multiple times from different addresses (to the one generated after I register my BTC address), so the NVOT received on the registered BTC address will be equal to the sum of received funds on that ethereum address?

3, how are the NVOT shares calculated? does it matter when I send the funds, or are they equally calculated based on the current market price at the end of the crowd funding? e.g. when someone sends 1 BTC at the price of 2900$ and someone else sends a 1 BTC during the price of 2300$, will both get the same amount of NVOT?
belk001

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:46:27 PM

I can send altcoins from an exchange correct? just not bitcoin?
the rise

Activity: 2184
Merit: 273

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 04:23:41 PM

1, so if I want to invest with ethereum as well, you will send the NVOT to the bitcoin address you got the BTC from (not the one registered), AND to the BTC address registered when I send ETH to the ethereum address generated?

2, can I send ether multiple times from different addresses (to the one generated after I register my BTC address), so the NVOT received on the registered BTC address will be equal to the sum of received funds on that ethereum address?

If you invest through a different address then NVOT will be sent to that address, if you want them to send token to the registered address you must prove that it's your account, it's not complicated if you only use one address to make transactions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: