Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:46:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169893 times)
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:57:27 PM

On NVO website we can see number of invested cryptocurrencies: BTC, LTC, ETH, ETC, DOGE, DASH.
Don't forget Ripple and Maid.

Is there a way to see total number of all invested money, preferably in the form of USD, without having to count every single one of them?
That is not available at this time. The developers could add it considering that there is decent demand for said feature.

I simply would like to have clear, fast overview.
It's only a little bit of math, but I do agree that it is inconvenient to do it each time.

Why cant the developers pull them just from coinmarketcap? I asked for it before but no one answered? This shouldn't be difficult for you?

What happens if coins appear to have wallet problems? On Polo for example they temporary disable the wallets. How would you go about it on NVO?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:53:37 PM

Sorry, yet another "how do I do this" question. I've read most of the thread and still am confused.

Now my question is about how to fund.. can I fund from my coinbase ETH wallet to the NVO ETH escrow directly or do I need to first transfer my coinbase ETH funds to a private ETH wallet and *then* to NVO ETH escrow. Very confusing.

Is my understanding of the flow (in purple) correct?...

funding...
altcoin on exchange -> supported escrow address on nvo
 * or *
bitcoin on exchange -> privately controlled wallet -> bitcoin escrow address on nvo

on campaign completion...
NVOT deposited to my privately controlled BTC wallet that I listed on NVO
agregus

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:54:52 PM

Hi guys. I'm thinking to send some LTCs to this project. What kind of wallet I used to send them from? Exodus will be fine? Sorry, I'm new here. Thank you!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 10:01:21 PM

Why cant the developers pull them just from coinmarketcap? I asked for it before but no one answered? This shouldn't be difficult for you?
It was already answered. It may get added.

What happens if coins appear to have wallet problems? On Polo for example they temporary disable the wallets. How would you go about it on NVO?
You are directing this to the wrong person.

Now my question is about how to fund.. can I fund from my coinbase ETH wallet to the NVO ETH escrow directly or do I need to first transfer my coinbase ETH funds to a private ETH wallet and *then* to NVO ETH escrow. Very confusing.
The process for investing with an altcoin is very simple.
Step 1) Enter a Bitcoin address to which you control the private keys to.
Step 2) Deposit [altcoin] to the address of said [altcoin] that you see in the dashboard.
Step 3) There is none. You are done.

Hi guys. I'm thinking to send some LTCs to this project. What kind of wallet I used to send them from? Exodus will be fine? Sorry, I'm new here. Thank you!
It does't matter much where you are sending your altcoin from as long as you control the private keys to the Bitcoin address which you have entered in the dashboard.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:05:31 PM

Thanks Lauda, appreciate the hand holding!
jaredthesovereign

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 10:19:50 PM

What are the plans for including a FIAT gateway?  Which fiat currencies will be available? Will this be handled via coinpayments integration?
n1que

Activity: 197
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:18:26 AM

can I use my bitpay bitcoin address for joining the crowdsale?
bitpay is an android application, there is no private keys, just passphrase.
but the btc itself is in my phone, not at their server.
lfo

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

BNM founder

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 02:41:31 AM

Looks interesting, so threw some at this crowdsale. Question is, where do we see the deposit, and how long on avg to show?
Thanks All the best

Blocknewsmedia.com
Blocknewsmedia.us
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 03:41:31 AM

Is exodus an acceptable wallet from which to provide a BTC address?
It should be. As long as you control the private keys to the address that you are investing from, you are good to go. Read this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1917456.msg19226871#msg19226871

Hi

Your crowd sale is the first one I've participated in. I am rather confused on the NVOT retrieval/distribution process though. I sent bitcoin to the provided bitcoin escrow address after entering my exodus bitcoin wallet address in the right column of the crowd sale page. You state that when the tokens are sent to us we won't be able to see or send them, but we should make sure we control the private keys to the wallet we sent bitcoin from. And you also mentioned how the NVO wallet will be able to hold NVO later on.

I am not sure exactly what role the private keys play or will play but the following is just an assumption, will I need to enter my exodus wallet private keys into the NVOT wallet to retrieve/see my NVOT tokens? Or will some other process involving my private keys be required to retrieve the tokens? I'm sorry if this has been asked before somewhere but I went through each of the previous posts on this forum topic and didn't find anything that addressed this exact issue apart from mention of controlling private keys.

Thanks for your participation.

If you sent from an exchange directly to the escrow wallet, please join the slack channel for further support.
If you sent from your exodus wallet, and submited the sending address, just keep the private key safe.

Cryptocurrencies provide Two keys, a public key, and a private key. The private key is used to sign transactions, sign messages, controle the address and the funds held by the address.
When you will receive NVOT into an address, you will have to import this address into an environment who supports CounterParty layer, for example, counterWallet, or NVO wallet.

This is why you need an address whom you controle the private key. And it is always a good practice to keep the controle over your private key.

For more details, please check this website : https://counterparty.io/docs/faq/

The project seems to be ambitious. It's only a DEX cryptocurrencies ? Do you plan to set up FIAT gateway ?

There are different ways to add support for FIATs, mostly using the plugin system as you will be able to third parties functionalities from your wallet.

I ask you seriously: please consider to pay dividends without relying on the Bitcoin network.  Fees have tripled ovrr the last month,  and they could quintiple till next year. Do you really want to pay $20 dollar fees to get our dividend?
Maybe it's possible to utilize a cheaper block chain,  like Ethereum Classic,  or build counterparty on top of Litecoin, where fees are way cheaper than Bitcoin? Bitcoin fees are goind through the moon, and so will Counterpartybfees, because it's based on Bitcoin.
Investors will want dividends, without paying outrageous fees to Bitcoin miners.

Avoid relying on the Bitcoin network at all costs !

At least you can consider it for version 2 of NVO.

To Herur: yes. Maybe USDT will be supported.  Digital currencies, that are backed by fiat, but not fiat itself. It is written in the white paper.

Fees won't be paid by the holders of NVOT, it would be unfair. Instead, they will be processed in a single transaction paid with the fees paid by NVO.
As long as the size of your transaction is lower then block size, you can send it, and include as much outputs as you want.

Will this be similar to shapeshift only in the sense that I could trade Bitcoins for litecoins for maidsafecoins for ETC and back to BTC and it's just 1 fee to go from each or is it like current exchanges where there are bitcoin and eth markets + a few other coins on certain exchanges?

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered. It's just kind of a huge thread and I didn't find it with the search function Wink.

Oh and I suppose it wouldn't matter if I sent 1, 3, 18 or 4068 different transaction from the same address right? I'm just thinking of investing some now, siting on it and possibly investing more without having to use lots of different addresses. You know, the K.I.S.S. principle.

Shapeshift is centralized, in the case of a DEX, the assets/currencies are sent from user A to user B, so you can't exchange a currency to another without having to pay for the fees of each transaction.
Regarding the pairs and markets, they have to setup the pairs because else NVO will loose because of the safecoins consumption.

Regarding the addresses usage, it is all up to you, even if the best is to change address at each trade.

Quoto from from the instructions page:
"There is only 1 Bitcoin address for all participations, whereas each participant gets an unique address for depositing with altcoins with a balance checker.
A normal bitcoin wallet is fine for holding NVOT, but you won’t be able to “see” and “send” the NVOT unless you are using a CounterWallet."

won't be able to see? What does that mean? How can i verify if i have received any NVOT tokens. Does it show up in the transactions list in my wallet?

btw i use a bitcoin wallet called GreenAddress (a normal bitcoin wallet). Is this suitable for the crowdsale?

I had a quick look at greenaddress, it is a mnemonic wallet, you can use it, but it will be a real hassle to get the private key as they provide you the mnemonic only, not the private key (WIF).
You won't be able to see the token, but you will see a transaction like this : https://blockchain.info/address/1PNkBxnz5ePW8FeK6CSs8V2fGHcN9B6HNk
writen in red : Unable to decode output address
Now check this link: https://blockchain.info/tx/3ad44ef919213a32ae6438966c56e3026e23c3b88b272a66d3b6f8baf4cadebf?show_adv=true
and scroll to the bottom, you will see this  :

OP_RETURN 2ee43e2b609aaf07afdbdb56f63fc1450bbe308489effc9e882949c5
(decoded) j.�>+`�����V�?�E �0������)I�

This is the Counterparty TX.

I used poloniex to send btc to my escrow address
Did i screw up?

Unfortunately, yes, you did.
I used poloniex to send btc to my escrow address
Did i screw up?

Yani should be taking care of you at the moment.

When will the price snapshot of BTC or altcoins be confirmed,on deposit or when crowd sale ends?

The price will be calculated at the end of the crowdsale.

So any noticable good coins listed on the is exchange?

I am so wary to join yet another one which has the same old coins as all the others ones I am already on.

What makes yours any different to use to me than the countless other ones?

Unless there are new coins, you will find the same ones on NVO exchange.
During the first stages of development you will see the most used coins only, and then you will see the amount pairs gradually growing.

This seems to be heavily advertised at minute.
just wondering what sets this apart from all the other dexs appearing

The most important difference is that NVO isn't a blockchain project, and that it will be built on a decentralized distributed storage network, Safe Network.
It is also a multi cryptocurrency wallet who will provide the users with a lot of features.
Please, have a look at the white paper : https://nvo.io/assets/whitepaper.pdf

Hi guys, few questions.

1. What is the timeframe after the Crowdsale the product will finished and launched?

2. Will the product launched even maidsafe still in alpha stage?
Or will it wait for until fruition, or just use whatever method available for the validator since the product is ready?

3. Looks like there is only one full time developer right now.
Of course even one smart developer can pull it single handedly in the beginning, just like FB and Microsoft in the early days.
But how long after the crowdsale you are going to recruit full time members and staff? What is the plan?

4. Do you plan solely using the crowdsale fund to fund the development and marketing?
or do you have plan to inject your own funds into this project?

Because the hard part in my opinions is the marketing to attract users to use this exchange,
if the crowdsale only managed to raise such as $2-3MM i think it's quite hard to compete against the big boys.
Do you guys also open to pitch to investor and get series funding to expand?
(since basically you guys own 50% of the shares/revenue because half of 0.2% transaction)

Thank you

1- The beta project will be available around 6 months after project, with all it's "sides" including, Wallet, Cluster, Exchange, Plugin system ... with regular updates.
2- We have to wait untill MaidSafe releases mainnet, they are actually in alpha2, the team will work on the testnet to setup the validator, but a version outside of the safenetwork will be available during that time.
Other solutions are available in case of a SafeNet fail.
3- There is one full time dev, Yani, there is me, as i will work with him, and then for sure other devs will be recruited, the team is already thinking about some devs who can join. The wallet will be open sourced, so people can participate to the development with the team.
4- The team's funds are already engaged into the project. And they are not in the crowdsale.

No, it is not comparable, both offers different products and solutions.
And it is half of 0.4%, when you exchange, there is a maker and a taker, exchanges (centralized or decentralized) take fees on both, in this case 0.2x2 = 0.4

can I use my bitpay bitcoin address for joining the crowdsale?
bitpay is an android application, there is no private keys, just passphrase.
but the btc itself is in my phone, not at their server.

I don't advise you to use Bitpay, as they will provide you encrypted mnemonics only as they use HD wallets, you can derive the private key, but it is a long process.
the best you could do is to create a wallet here : http://wallet.counterwallet.io/
Send bitcoins to that address.
send from that address to the escrow address.
submit the address into the dashboard.

What are the plans for including a FIAT gateway?  Which fiat currencies will be available? Will this be handled via coinpayments integration?

There are lots of possibilities about that, it could be coinpayments as they are NVO partners, and any other service provider can enable the support for FIATS using the plugin system. It won't come from NVO, but from service providers.

Sorry, yet another "how do I do this" question. I've read most of the thread and still am confused.

Is my understanding of the flow (in purple) correct?...

funding...
altcoin on exchange -> supported escrow address on nvo
 * or *
bitcoin on exchange -> privately controlled wallet -> bitcoin escrow address on nvo

on campaign completion...
It is funny because you understood the whole process :

IF ALTCOIN : altcoin on exchange OR wallet -> Altcoin escrow address on nvo.io dashboard.
IF BITCOIN : bitcoin on exchange -> privately controlled wallet -> bitcoin escrow address on nvo.io dashboard.

On NVO website we can see number of invested cryptocurrencies: BTC, LTC, ETH, ETC, DOGE, DASH.
Don't forget Ripple and Maid.

Is there a way to see total number of all invested money, preferably in the form of USD, without having to count every single one of them?
That is not available at this time. The developers could add it considering that there is decent demand for said feature.

I simply would like to have clear, fast overview.
It's only a little bit of math, but I do agree that it is inconvenient to do it each time.

Collected Funds in USD will be displayed soon, but it won't be representative of the real value, as the Altcoins are very unstable actually, and the price calculated at the end of the crowdsale only.

The dashboard isn't linked to any Daemon or core.
NVO won't manage user's funds.
You don't need a node/core/daemon to create an address, a transaction, sign it, and broadcast it.

Looks interesting, so threw some at this crowdsale. Question is, where do we see the deposit, and how long on avg to show?
Thanks All the best

Thanks for participating.
It depends, if you sent altcoins, please come back in an hour and you should see it on the dashboard, yet it is not necessary because the most important is that it is visible on the blockchain.
If you sent Bitcoins, you can follow it directly on a block explorer.
nathanghart

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:12:18 AM

when will the crowdsale finishes ?

You can find that information on the website. It will finish on the 26th/27th of June.

I'm not sure if people have noticed yet or not, but 3 more currencies have been added: DASH, ETC and DOGE.
Will be adding more cryptocurrencies over time to reach them all? Yes, even scam-coins should be listed.
Scam coins can bring fast profit to someone. I agree that more coins should be added and no matter which. I am sure that will bring much more users on the site.
But how can you ask to get a coin added that isn't a scam coin?
That is my next question.
Some thing like Ethbits.
Now that would bring alot of investors on to this site and the support in a partnership between these two teams might be mutually beneficial for both parties involved.
A new alt coin which has a huge foundation and support by the community and a wealth of investors already established coming to an exchange looking for that killer coin to get people to invest in their ICO coin NVO.
Sounds like a match made in heaven
Wouldn't you think?
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:13:44 AM

Could anyone please help me with registering the BTC address  I want to use for deposit, I don't understand how to go around this.
Caulon

Activity: 110
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:32:37 AM

I have a few questions...

• how much do I have to send them per (1) NVOT coin?

I see on the website they are not priced yet so how do I know how much coin I will get per USD?

This is very confusing...please help me, this is not clear at all.[/list]

tonbi

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:40:01 AM

I see on the website they are not priced yet so how do I know how much coin I will get per USD?

The price is calculated after the crowdsale from total amount raised, so you can't know the price per NVOT.
    tonbi

Activity: 43

View Profile
    June 08, 2017, 05:43:43 AM

Could anyone please help me with registering the BTC address  I want to use for deposit, I don't understand how to go around this.
    Hi, are you planning to deposit with BTC?
    Caulon

View Profile
    June 08, 2017, 05:53:31 AM

The price is calculated after the crowdsale from total amount raised, so you can't know the price per NVOT.

How would I know how much to invest then?

Usually I get x amount of coin per coin but I dont know in this case?Huh

Caulon

View Profile
      June 08, 2017, 06:20:01 AM

What is the minimal amount and maximum amount someone can invest? self.NVO

Also what determines how many coins a person gets?

Lauda
      Legendary

Activity: 2674
      Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
      June 08, 2017, 06:25:58 AM

How would I know how much to invest then?
      You invest with what you're comfortable with.

Usually I get x amount of coin per coin but I dont know in this case?Huh
      You don't know the price till the end of the crowdsale.

What is the minimal amount and maximum amount someone can invest? self.NVO
      There isn't one. I would not suggest investing less than 0.01 BTC though.

Total amount raised / 15 000 000 = price per coin. That will be calculated after the crowdsale has ended.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
      😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
      Caulon

View Profile
      June 08, 2017, 06:37:29 AM

Got it thanks, count me in, I wont be cheap too..they need money to fund so if everyone does a few hundred usd should help

donesnake

Activity: 2

View Profile
      June 08, 2017, 07:55:04 AM

Hi there!

I sent BTC to the escrow address using SamuraiWallet, I imported my Private Key and sent BTC from my address (19qWxJ44u5gjE3J3hcd6ey57cm9w3YrAAt),

but then i saw in the transaction record that the BTC went first to 19Bm9GAi1sMLcgPqtUg6UL6VgAKCQzesvP and from there to the scrow address

I will have any problem getting my Tokens because of this?

Transactions:

https://btc.com/19qWxJ44u5gjE3J3hcd6ey57cm9w3YrAAt
      https://btc.com/a3fd71430e99fd5ad81aeeeea700745576a134da07ccf46b93ac2ad1731a4088
      samysamy1

Activity: 490
      Merit: 252

View Profile
      June 08, 2017, 08:21:21 AM
      Last edit: June 08, 2017, 08:38:06 AM by samysamy1

Total amount raised / 15 000 000 = price per coin. That will be calculated after the crowdsale has ended.

This is one of the reasons that's still keeping me on the fence.
      For example you collect $50 000
      The price of a token will be $0.003
      How much tokens will each person get?
      Is it possible that if you invest for example $1000 that you might get only 100 tokens (worth $0.30 (losing out a lot?) )

I think you mean to divide 15 000 000 by the total collected money and not the opposite.
      The formula is still incomplete, because how do you decide how much each person gets?

Second question, will it be like Exscudo? Will there be a debit card available with reasonable fees?

Third question: Why are people talking about the NVO coin? Isn't this a token? I assume you won't be able to pay with NVo is shops later on.
      Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 173 »
        Print  

Jump to: