Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:27:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:47:20 PM

"To understand, the DNotes difference, you need to invest some time to know us. Together we can change the world for the better. Please like and share."

This is a key quote I believe. The current valuation model in crypto seems to rely on hype trains, and other people telling other people what they should be investing in, or building excitement over plans that are unlikely to have very much--if any--real world changing implications. Due diligence requires doing research on projects, including those that you are not aware of the fundamentals backing it. When projects begin to execute and deliver real value, that due diligence is what allows investors to get in ahead of the curve, rather than after the hype valuation model has already eradicated most of the potential gains for an investor from prior rises, since the hype train is unlikely to reliably deliver continued results, absent the support of real-world changing fundamentals.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:35:42 PM

As recently shared on facebook, this is an amazing video Tim created when he was here over the summer outlining why DCEBrief is so important to our ecosystem.

http://dnotescoin.com/dcebrief-why-its-important-to-the-dnotes-ecosystem/

Indeed. Tim did a great job. Here was my response when I saw it on Facebook:

"In 2017, we saw an unprecedented explosion of interest in digital currencies and the blockchain technology that powers them. Despite that interest, however, few would argue that Bitcoin or its rivals made a difference in the way most people live.

2017 ended much the way it began. Untold millions remained without access to basic financial services like bank accounts. Fiat currencies in many areas of the world continued to be unreliable. The world’s reserve banks and governments continued to exercise vast powers over the world’s economies. And none of the major digital currencies offered even a glimmer of hope that any of that would change any time soon.

Until now.

The Promise of Digital Currency

As 2018 emerges from the cryptocurrency excitement of the previous year, one digital currency stands posed to change that dynamic – and with it, the world. Meet DNotes, a digital currency designed to ensure that everyone around the world has access to all of cryptocurrency’s promised benefits.

When Bitcoin burst onto the scene, it held forth the promise of a world where everyday people could once again take control of their own financial destiny. Nine years later, that promise remains just that: a promise.

As other digital currencies followed in Bitcoin’s footsteps, many of them promised useful benefits for the world’s citizens too. To date, few people around the world have experienced any of those benefits. For most people, digital currency remains firmly within the realm of speculative investment.

To understand, the DNotes difference, you need to invest some time to know us. Together we can change the world for the better. Please like and share."

I like how you say that to understand the DNotes difference we need to invest some time to get to know you. That is so true. DNotes definitely has taken a different approach to most cryptocurrency projects out there. You guys are stable, for one, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I know that if I were to get busy and not hang out here for several months, y'all would still be here when I got back, still plugging away at developing the DNotes project. My DNotes wallets are enjoying some nice gain in the mean time. Great work!
TeeGee

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:06:51 PM

Whitepaper update

Hello everyone,

I have completed the final round of changes to the whitepaper, and have given it to Joe, Alan, and Ken for editing. The bulk of the whitepaper was written in late August, but we wanted to wait until we knew more regarding what we were doing with the mini-IPO before making any release. The whitepaper is 15 pages long (that's just the text, with infographics and reformatting it will probably be 20), and it is my hope that it will be ready for public consumption within the next couple of weeks.

I have included the first few paragraphs below of the introduction to give you guys an idea of what to expect.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 03:47:44 PM

Whitepaper update

Hello everyone,

I have completed the final round of changes to the whitepaper, and have given it to Joe, Alan, and Ken for editing. The bulk of the whitepaper was written in late August, but we wanted to wait until we knew more regarding what we were doing with the mini-IPO before making any release. The whitepaper is 15 pages long (that's just the text, with infographics and reformatting it will probably be 20), and it is my hope that it will be ready for public consumption within the next couple of weeks.

I have included the first few paragraphs below of the introduction to give you guys an idea of what to expect.

Thanks Tim! Great work, I know you have put a lot of effort into the white paper. I will work with Ken to continue to refine.

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:56:22 PM

Whitepaper update

Hello everyone,

Great job Tim. From what I've seen so far, you've presented a very compelling case for DNotes. I look forward to reading the rest.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:11:55 PM

As recently shared on facebook, this is an amazing video Tim created when he was here over the summer outlining why DCEBrief is so important to our ecosystem.

Indeed. Tim did a great job. Here was my response when I saw it on Facebook:

"In 2017, we saw an unprecedented explosion of interest in digital currencies and the blockchain technology that powers them. Despite that interest, however, few would argue that Bitcoin or its rivals made a difference in the way most people live.

2017 ended much the way it began. Untold millions remained without access to basic financial services like bank accounts. Fiat currencies in many areas of the world continued to be unreliable. The world’s reserve banks and governments continued to exercise vast powers over the world’s economies. And none of the major digital currencies offered even a glimmer of hope that any of that would change any time soon.

Until now.

The Promise of Digital Currency

As 2018 emerges from the cryptocurrency excitement of the previous year, one digital currency stands posed to change that dynamic – and with it, the world. Meet DNotes, a digital currency designed to ensure that everyone around the world has access to all of cryptocurrency’s promised benefits.

When Bitcoin burst onto the scene, it held forth the promise of a world where everyday people could once again take control of their own financial destiny. Nine years later, that promise remains just that: a promise.

As other digital currencies followed in Bitcoin’s footsteps, many of them promised useful benefits for the world’s citizens too. To date, few people around the world have experienced any of those benefits. For most people, digital currency remains firmly within the realm of speculative investment.

To understand, the DNotes difference, you need to invest some time to know us. Together we can change the world for the better. Please like and share."

I like how you say that to understand the DNotes difference we need to invest some time to get to know you. That is so true. DNotes definitely has taken a different approach to most cryptocurrency projects out there. You guys are stable, for one, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I know that if I were to get busy and not hang out here for several months, y'all would still be here when I got back, still plugging away at developing the DNotes project. My DNotes wallets are enjoying some nice gain in the mean time. Great work!

Thank you, Wiser. We spent the last four years building our ecosystems - block by block. Upon launching DNotes 2.0 before the end of this quarter, we will begin our next phase in a long journey to gain mass acceptance of DNotes in global commerce. Since DNotes is so different, involving many components, it is very important for all of us to get the DNotes story out to help the next group of investors to connect the "dots". Please feel free to contribute your ideas. Free DNotes will be harder to come by, but I will be interested, personally, to reward extra efforts.

Additionally, I will be making a donation to be paid out to our "CRISP for Kids" program and like to encourage parents and grand-parents, who have not done so, to check it out HERE: https://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-kids.php

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:09:41 PM

Whitepaper update

Hello everyone,

Great job Tim. From what I've seen so far, you've presented a very compelling case for DNotes. I look forward to reading the rest.

Thank you, Tim. I know that we you have put in long hours to develop that White Paper. Great job. We appreciate that very much.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:21:49 PM

I just came across this and thought it is worth sharing. It has been fairly well established that known ICOs to date involved the sale of tokens that are not registered or exempt with the SEC though they are deemed securities under U.S. law. I am concerned that this will not end well. It is damaging to our industry and could lead regulators and enforcement agents to over-react.

More than ever, it is important for investors to do their homework before investing. DNotes is always committed to do the right thing. We encourage you to do a deep research on us and feel free to ask any question.

Silver Miller Law Firm Files Class Action Against Giga Watt ICO Claiming Sales of Unregistered Securities

January 4, 2018 @ 8:01 am By JD Alois

Any US based initial coin offering (ICO) that raised a fair amount of money and did not file for a securities exemption should be quite nervous now. Giga Watt, an ICO that raised $20 million last summer, was hit with a class action lawsuit by the law firm of Silver Miller as a Christmas present last week.

The allegations have now become fairly standard as the plaintiff, StormsMedia, alleges that Giga Watt conducted an unregistered offering of securities. Something that is obviously against the law.

But, like many other lawsuits filed against a successful ICO, the complaint goes further stating:
•   Defendants appear to have already pocketed for themselves large sums of money
•   It appears Plaintiff et al will not see any return on their investment
•   Defendants used deceptive activity and intentional deprivation of investor rights and protection
•   and much more…

StormsMedia may not be very happy that when it (and others) invested the price of Bitcoin etc. was rather low.

In the ensuing months, the price of many cryptocurrencies rocketed. The complaint estimates the investment of $20 million is now worth over $100 million. For StormsMedia, their investment is now pegged at a valuation of $5.1 million. Perhaps it would have been better for the investors to have not invested at all? Yes, a rhetorical question.

The Plaintiff apparently requested a recision of the deal back on November 22, 2017. The Defendants have “failed to provide a meaningful response” to the demand – allegedly in violation of the terms of their own white paper including terms for an investor remedy.

David Silver, from Silver Miller, told Crowdfund Insider that all pre-functional tokens promised in an ICO fit the definition of the sale of a security which means the seller has to comply with US securities law;

“In this case, the defendant — whether intentionally or not — did neither and is therefore strictly liable for offering and selling unregistered securities,” said Miller. “Just because utility tokens might one day have a consumptive use does not remove them from being a “security” prior to that use.  Promoting the expectation of profit from pre-functional tokens, like Giga Watt did and continues to do, is by definition the sale of a security; and this case will hold Giga Watt accountable for its actions.”

Miller added they are pursuing a longer list of crypto companies that are allegedly in breach of US securities law;
“We currently have pending cases against Coinbase, Kraken, Tezos, Monkey Capital and Giga Watt.  I expect more to be filed as 2018 progresses,” said Silver.

Having $100 million in crypto & cash is a pretty fat target for disgruntled investors. Lawyers almost always win in a case like this. Everyone else, well that depends.  Giga Watt is most certainly lawyering up – just as every other US based ICO that raised big money, minus a Form D, should be doing now as suing ICO issuers is becoming a cottage industry of sorts.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/01/126633-silver-miller-law-files-class-action-giga-watt-ico-claiming-sales-unregistered-securities/

So, the law firm is suing the issuer of the ICO on behalf of investors who feel they have lost money to the deal? It looks like their list of upcoming suits is against exchanges. Did those exchanges conduct their own ICOs or simply facilitate the ICOs themselves?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:39:06 PM

I just came across this and thought it is worth sharing. It has been fairly well established that known ICOs to date involved the sale of tokens that are not registered or exempt with the SEC though they are deemed securities under U.S. law. I am concerned that this will not end well. It is damaging to our industry and could lead regulators and enforcement agents to over-react.

More than ever, it is important for investors to do their homework before investing. DNotes is always committed to do the right thing. We encourage you to do a deep research on us and feel free to ask any question.

Silver Miller Law Firm Files Class Action Against Giga Watt ICO Claiming Sales of Unregistered Securities

January 4, 2018 @ 8:01 am By JD Alois

Any US based initial coin offering (ICO) that raised a fair amount of money and did not file for a securities exemption should be quite nervous now. Giga Watt, an ICO that raised $20 million last summer, was hit with a class action lawsuit by the law firm of Silver Miller as a Christmas present last week.

The allegations have now become fairly standard as the plaintiff, StormsMedia, alleges that Giga Watt conducted an unregistered offering of securities. Something that is obviously against the law.

But, like many other lawsuits filed against a successful ICO, the complaint goes further stating:
•   Defendants appear to have already pocketed for themselves large sums of money
•   It appears Plaintiff et al will not see any return on their investment
•   Defendants used deceptive activity and intentional deprivation of investor rights and protection
•   and much more…

StormsMedia may not be very happy that when it (and others) invested the price of Bitcoin etc. was rather low.

In the ensuing months, the price of many cryptocurrencies rocketed. The complaint estimates the investment of $20 million is now worth over $100 million. For StormsMedia, their investment is now pegged at a valuation of $5.1 million. Perhaps it would have been better for the investors to have not invested at all? Yes, a rhetorical question.

The Plaintiff apparently requested a recision of the deal back on November 22, 2017. The Defendants have “failed to provide a meaningful response” to the demand – allegedly in violation of the terms of their own white paper including terms for an investor remedy.

David Silver, from Silver Miller, told Crowdfund Insider that all pre-functional tokens promised in an ICO fit the definition of the sale of a security which means the seller has to comply with US securities law;

“In this case, the defendant — whether intentionally or not — did neither and is therefore strictly liable for offering and selling unregistered securities,” said Miller. “Just because utility tokens might one day have a consumptive use does not remove them from being a “security” prior to that use.  Promoting the expectation of profit from pre-functional tokens, like Giga Watt did and continues to do, is by definition the sale of a security; and this case will hold Giga Watt accountable for its actions.”

Miller added they are pursuing a longer list of crypto companies that are allegedly in breach of US securities law;
“We currently have pending cases against Coinbase, Kraken, Tezos, Monkey Capital and Giga Watt.  I expect more to be filed as 2018 progresses,” said Silver.

Having $100 million in crypto & cash is a pretty fat target for disgruntled investors. Lawyers almost always win in a case like this. Everyone else, well that depends.  Giga Watt is most certainly lawyering up – just as every other US based ICO that raised big money, minus a Form D, should be doing now as suing ICO issuers is becoming a cottage industry of sorts.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/01/126633-silver-miller-law-files-class-action-giga-watt-ico-claiming-sales-unregistered-securities/

So, the law firm is suing the issuer of the ICO on behalf of investors who feel they have lost money to the deal? It looks like their list of upcoming suits is against exchanges. Did those exchanges conduct their own ICOs or simply facilitate the ICOs themselves?

Wiser, I do not know all the facts and circumstances. It appears that they are going after the issuer of the ICO in a class action lawsuit, on behalf of all investors. It is quite common that they cast a wide net to include exchanges and other individuals.  This can end up being very destructive.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 12:36:21 AM

For anyone new, or looking to give people a good idea of what DNotes is all about. This is another excellent video from Tim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar8C7xBgpIE

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:37:50 AM

Treasury Sec Mnuchin: US Will Work With G-20 Partners to Prevent Cryptocurrency from Becoming “Swiss Bank Account”

https://dcebrief.com/treasury-sec-mnuchin-us-will-work-with-g-20-partners-to-prevent-cryptocurrency-from-becoming-swiss-bank-account/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:14:56 AM

Interesting read. I never thought of it that way. It's a big challenge finding a good PR firm that is also sufficiently knowledgeable about our industry, the technologies, etc - bitcoin, blockchain, smart contracts, DNotes and more.

Why Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are the next PR landmine
by ED ZITRON

3 reasons why:

1) Your client may be holding a vast amount of money in a variable, volatile, and completely intangible fiscal element. Where crowdfunding was difficult was in what happened after a successful raise — were they prepared to do so? How does hardware work? Well, in the case of a successful ICO, they may have taken on 20,000 Ethereum as part of their funding. That’s $14,953,000 ($747 USD to ETH as of posting).

What if there’s another giant Ethereum heist? What if a massive trade on GDAXthat sends the price crashing (though likely not to ten cents)? In essence, every day their actual capital — which is not liquid as it’s held in a cryptocurrency — fluctuates. If Ethereum faces a speedbump and drops to $700 (a realistic chance)? That fund just became worth $953,000 less. If it crashes further to $500, that’s now a $10 million fund.

Worse still, if they sell off their Ethereum fund even in a $200,000 chunk, without actually doing so to a party in private (IE: wallet to wallet/off an exchange), that will also send the value of Ethereum down. PR firms are fired when budgets get tight. Unless it’s a well-structured situation — backed by real cash, for example — someone could be left holding the hat.

2) Reporters are tired of ICOs, because they’re basically all the same. The substance may change, but the best way to understand (from my experience) is that you’re pitching them an Indiegogo campaign for something that most readers may not even care about. If there’s not a really, really good story, your ICO thing isn’t going to go down so well.

3) It’s really, really difficult to learn about this stuff, and thus it’s difficult to answer, even when well-read, the most basic questions. You’re going back and forth to clients. You’re then translating that into something compelling. It’s a bastard.
Now, I know what PR people are going to say

In the past I’ve said some things about PR people such as “they deserve to be sent to the carnival prison,” “they’re awful,” “they are incompetent,” “they actively hurt reporters,” and people have accused me of having a small ding dong or something or rather, to which I say “yes, most PR people are not that good at their jobs.” The problem is that in many industries you can kind of fake it ’til you make it.

The issue with crypto is that it’s so utterly confusing that while a few people are really, really getting it — and I mean very few — this is a case where a lot of clients will come in that are bad, will add to the garbage pile of pitches PR people send, and ruin this industry even further.
The next part of that is bad PR firms will continue to damage the reputation of good PR firms because they’ll convince every reporter that every single bloody product is tainted, because they once took on “the ICO that let you trade cryptocurrency for a product that literally didn’t exist” a hundred and fifty times. Oh, and they’ll probably cold call about it too.

Source: https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2017/12/18/bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-next-public-relations-landmine/

IvaneCibe

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:26:35 PM

Hey there!

Glad to be part of this project.
Any plans for rebranding the websites after the release of DNotes 2.0?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 02:55:16 PM

Hey there!

Welcome IvaneCibe, thank you for joining us on the forum. We recently changed the DNotesCoin.com website and logo in preparation for DNotes 2.0. We plan to do an overhaul on DNotesVault.com as well. DCEBrief, will have a few upgrades coming up shortly. CryptoMoms, we plan to roll into a new broader scope property likely towards the end of 2018.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:48:19 PM

This is a very clever advertising ploy, but as stated in the article, it will never work with bitcoin. A $35 transaction fee on a $20 bucket of chicken doesn't need an explanation...

The DNotes founders recognized the limitations of bitcoin as a currency before DNotes launched 4 years ago. Everything done to date has been the work needed to overcome those shortfalls - that amount of work doesn't happen overnight.

As for the chicken:   Grin

KFC Canada's 'bitcoin bucket' attempts to cash in on cryptocurrency craze

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/kfc-canada-cashes-cryptocurrency-craze-015620798.html

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 06:26:46 PM

Chapter 9 - Employees

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:41:01 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 09:10:07 PM by DNotes

Chapter 9 - Employees

What Qualities Make for an Excellent Employee?

Employee Engagement: Why It Matters

TeeGee

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:14:02 PM

Hey there!

Yup, we're working on multiple websites at the moment.

This is what the DNotes Vault website will be upgraded to at launch of 2.0.

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:20:52 PM

My guess is that he used a really dope camera to make the video  Shocked Cheesy

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 01:06:46 AM

My guess is that he used a really dope camera to make the video  Shocked Cheesy

Sure did! Thanks MiningHabit for hooking us up with Personify!

Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: