Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:43:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
AlCamus

Activity: 121
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:59:49 AM

Question on DNotes vault update: Do you consider two factor authentication via SMS? I guess that there are a lot of people who can not (are not able to) use QR codes.

Hi AlCamus, we hadn't considered using SMS authentication at this time. The current 2FA uses Google authenticator, which the user can either scan the QR code or enter the written code into the Google Authenticator app. We would certainly be interested to find out if there are users who are unable to use this form of 2FA. My guess is that the phone would not be a smart phone?

Yes, or people who do not want or do not understand how to use a google app. I just think that there should be (or is needed) another option in two-factor authentication to secure the DNotes Vault account than Google Authenticator. DNotes Vault operates like a bank account and banks usually use personal identification numbers or SMS as two-factor authentication. Or is there perhaps once in a while a confirmation via email requested? I didn't checked this yet.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:28:35 PM

Question on DNotes vault update: Do you consider two factor authentication via SMS? I guess that there are a lot of people who can not (are not able to) use QR codes.

Hi AlCamus, we hadn't considered using SMS authentication at this time. The current 2FA uses Google authenticator, which the user can either scan the QR code or enter the written code into the Google Authenticator app. We would certainly be interested to find out if there are users who are unable to use this form of 2FA. My guess is that the phone would not be a smart phone?

Yes, or people who do not want or do not understand how to use a google app. I just think that there should be (or is needed) another option in two-factor authentication to secure the DNotes Vault account than Google Authenticator. DNotes Vault operates like a bank account and banks usually use personal identification numbers or SMS as two-factor authentication. Or is there perhaps once in a while a confirmation via email requested? I didn't checked this yet.

SMS two-factor authentication is not secure and should be avoided. Google to find out why.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:19:24 PM

Now this is a brilliant breakdown on the state of our industry, I wouldn't have changed a single word.

I also really enjoyed the article. I'm trying to hash out another one that I think will also be very 'heavy hitting' right now, hopefully have it ready for release within 24 hours. 2:30am grind.

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:46:22 PM

Now this is a brilliant breakdown on the state of our industry, I wouldn't have changed a single word.

I also really enjoyed the article. I'm trying to hash out another one that I think will also be very 'heavy hitting' right now, hopefully have it ready for release within 24 hours. 2:30am grind.

Same here Alan's article re-inspired me. I have a few things on the go and am traveling today, but will also be working on an article for DCEBrief that I've mapped out. If you need another set of eyes to edit/proofread, feel free to email it to me.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:03:34 PM

Quote From TeeGee today:

"I also really enjoyed the article. I'm trying to hash out another one that I think will also be very 'heavy hitting' right now, hopefully have it ready for release within 24 hours. 2:30am grind."

That is great, Tim. Thank you. I understand. We have been putting in insane hours. Yesterday, I got up at 5 am. and went on practically non-stop till I finally went to bed at 1 am this morning. Being passionate in doing things that you truly love is the inspiration and driver. It also helps if it has a purpose worthy of your commitment and contribution. I think we got it here and it is well worth our efforts. We love to see more people joining force with us.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:45:47 PM

Quote from Brandon today:

"Same here Alan's article re-inspired me. I have a few things on the go and am traveling today, but will also be working on an article for DCEBrief that I've mapped out. If you need another set of eyes to edit/proofread, feel free to email it to me."

Thank you, Brandon. We appreciate your significant contributions to DNotes' success, including an immensely valuable component - DNotesEDU. It greatly expands our mission to help others through education with objective, much needed, and unbiased information. Just imagine what else you could do when DNotes becomes a big success. That is why we want to only focus on a few things at a time to ensure that they become truly successful. Once accomplished, we can leverage our success to do more great things. That is how we can help change the world a little. As I have said many times, we do it "brick by brick or block by block" until we have a solid foundation. And, of course, they are all strategically linked.

That was a part of the discussion I had at Geneca a few days ago. When our full and totally integrated systems is in place, it will enable a lot of things on our wish list to happen seamlessly in a trusted environment. The end users do not need to know the complexities of our back-end infrastructure, the philosophies, algorithm, and support systems behind it. What matters is -"it is simple, convenient, secured, and I trust the the people who build and operate the system". That is one of the biggest problems we are attempting to solve. Yes, it will take us a few years and some massive investment.  
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:43:40 PM

"Same here Alan's article re-inspired me. I have a few things on the go and am traveling today, but will also be working on an article for DCEBrief that I've mapped out. If you need another set of eyes to edit/proofread, feel free to email it to me."

Thank you, Brandon. We appreciate your significant contributions to DNotes' success, including an immensely valuable component - DNotesEDU. It greatly expands our mission to help others through education with objective, much needed, and unbiased information. Just imagine what else you could do when DNotes becomes a big success. That is why we want to only focus on a few things at a time to ensure that they become truly successful. Once accomplished, we can leverage our success to do more great things. That is how we can help change the world a little. As I have said many times, we do it "brick by brick or block by block" until we have a solid foundation. And, of course, they are all strategically linked.

That was a part of the discussion I had at Geneca a few days ago. When our full and totally integrated systems is in place, it will enable a lot of things on our wish list to happen seamlessly in a trusted environment. The end users do not need to know the complexities of our back-end infrastructure, the philosophies, algorithm, and support systems behind it. What matters is -"it is simple, convenient, secured, and I trust the the people who build and operate the system". That is one of the biggest problems we are attempting to solve. Yes, it will take us a few years and some massive investment.  

I understand Alan, it's easy to get spread too thin when there are so many possibilities on the table. But unfortunately when that route is taken, as opposed to focusing on one task at a time, nothing usually gets completed to a satisfactory degree. This is speaking from my personal experience.

I want to assure everyone that DNotesEDU is my top priority, bar none.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 04:13:56 PM

SMS two-factor authentication is not secure and should be avoided. Google to find out why.

Thanks shtako and AlCamus, we will look into it for future options. I understand there is a risk using SMS, but if there are no other options for the user it may be better than no 2FA.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 04:22:10 PM

http://finance.dailyherald.com/dailyherald/news/read/35627975/DNotes_Global_CEO_Alan_Yong

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:23:41 PM

I understand Alan, it's easy to get spread too thin when there are so many possibilities on the table. But unfortunately when that route is taken, as opposed to focusing on one task at a time, nothing usually gets completed to a satisfactory degree. This is speaking from my personal experience.

Excellent, Brandon. We appreciate the great work you guys are doing at DNotesEDU. I strongly encourage anyone interested in helping DNotesEDU to reach out to Brandon.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 06:53:02 PM

Chapter 11 - Products

Product Knowledge: Make it Part of Your Company Culture

Growth and the Three P’s: Product, People, and Processes

What Does Product Innovation Mean to You?

Products, Profit, and Sustainability

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:42:12 PM

Today in Banking - Banking Industry Press Releases

DNotes Global CEO Alan Yong: Despite Turmoil, Crypto Innovation is Here to Stay

http://www.todayinbanking.com/2018/01/19/dnotes-global-ceo-alan-yong-despite-turmoil-crypto-innovation-is-here-to-stay/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 09:21:56 PM

Chapter 12 - Customer

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:37:35 AM

New Crypto Enforcement Actions Prompt Joint Statement from SEC and CFTC

https://dcebrief.com/new-crypto-enforcement-actions-prompt-joint-statement-from-sec-and-cftc/
DNotesEDU

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 01:10:27 PM

Excellent, Brandon. We appreciate the great work you guys are doing at DNotesEDU. I strongly encourage anyone interested in helping DNotesEDU to reach out to Brandon.

Thank you for the support Alan, unfortunately we are not looking for new volunteers at this time. If we think someone will be a valuable asset to our long term goals, we will reach out to them personally.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 03:49:15 PM

Thank you for the support Alan, unfortunately we are not looking for new volunteers at this time. If we think someone will be a valuable asset to our long term goals, we will reach out to them personally.

Looking forward to the relaunch of DNotesEDU, the preview you sent over is excellent! As I understand, the primary mission is financial education and literacy and how it relates to digital currency, do you plan to expand into other aspects of education related to digital currency or keep it more focused?

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:18:19 PM

Looking forward to the relaunch of DNotesEDU, the preview you sent over is excellent! As I understand, the primary mission is financial education and literacy and how it relates to digital currency, do you plan to expand into other aspects of education related to digital currency or keep it more focused?

I can tell you there will definitely be more digital currency educational material, but I have been sworn to secrecy on the rest. lol

One of Alan's posts mentioned a 20 hour workday... I understand completely!!

Have a great weekend everyone!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:33:15 PM

I can tell you there will definitely be more digital currency educational material, but I have been sworn to secrecy on the rest. lol

One of Alan's posts mentioned a 20 hour workday... I understand completely!!

Have a great weekend everyone!  Smiley

You guys are doing a fantastic job. I am on my way to the farm where we have our recording studio. I am committed to finishing the remaining video series for the book project - 70 + videos. That project will be 100% completed by the end of January. That itself is quite an accomplishment. My thanks to all of you who have given me the encouragement, inspiration, and support to make it possible. I trust that it will go a long way to help entrepreneurs and startups to gain better success in business. It is all based on the philosophy of inclusiveness and succeeding together. That is what DNotes is about. Good luck and thanks.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:25:33 PM

It looks like bitcoin ETFs will have to wait. The volatility of the last few weeks was likely the final straw.

Cryptocurrency ETFs Are Off the Table for Now, the SEC Says

http://fortune.com/2018/01/19/sec-cryptocurrency-etfs-bitcoin/

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:57:42 AM

It looks like bitcoin ETFs will have to wait. The volatility of the last few weeks was likely the final straw.

Cryptocurrency ETFs Are Off the Table for Now, the SEC Says

http://fortune.com/2018/01/19/sec-cryptocurrency-etfs-bitcoin/

Cryptocurrencies are clearly still seen as a challenge by regulatory bodies to allow proper integration into the financial system, with some clear problems that need to be addressed. Tomorrow we are hoping to have an article released on www.dcebrief.com that will run through the game theory nash equilibrium for why governments and other traditional financial institutions should work with cryptocurrency integration, rather than against it. We are aiming for an approximate ~10pm Sunday CST release time, all things going to plan.

Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: