Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:19:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148802 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:09:54 PM

Chapter 12 - Customer

Why the Customer Experience Matters

Developing Your Customer Feedback System

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:35:25 PM

Great work Joe, this paints a very clear picture for the reader on why DNotesVault.com is the superior option for hassle free cryptocurrency storage.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:58:02 PM

Although, regulatory enforcement in our industry, because of the out of control ICOs craze, is becoming more apparent, I am encouraged to notice that both the SEC Chairman Jay Clayton and the CFTC Chairman J. Christopher Giancarlo appeared to support a more measured approach and questioned, “whether our historic approach to the regulation of currency transactions is appropriate for the cryptocurrency markets.”

They went on to acknowledge that, ”these markets are new, evolving and international. As such they require us to be nimble and forward-looking; coordinated with our state, federal and international colleagues; and engaged with important stakeholders, including Congress.”

As a result, they concluded that, “We would support policy efforts to revisit these frameworks and ensure they are effective and efficient for the digital era,”

That is quite refreshing. DNotes’ position is to respect and follow the regulations already on the books. We can play a constructive role by helping to educate law makers and regulators in shaping the existing legal frameworks to be more in line and adaptable to the new decentralized world of digital currency.

Read more:

CFTC Chairman J. Christopher Giancarlo & SEC Chairman Jay Clayton Join in OpED on Cryptocurrency
January 25, 2018 @ 3:49 pm By JD Alois

In another obvious sign that the federal government is ramping up enforcement actions against initial coin offerings that do not file for an appropriate securities exemption or commit other illegal acts such as fraud, CFTC Chairman J. Christopher Giancarlo and SEC Chairman Jay Clayton jointly published an Op-Ed in WSJ.com affirming their intent to “enforce rules that foster innovation while promoting market integrity and confidence.

Clayton and Giancarlo stated;
“In recent months, we have seen a wide range of market participants, including retail investors, seeking to invest in DLT initiatives, including through cryptocurrencies and so-called ICOs—initial coin offerings. Experience tells us that while some market participants may make fortunes, the risks to all investors are high. Caution is merited.”

The two regulators said both agencies, along with other state, federal and criminal authorities will continue to deter and prosecute fraud and abuse. Clayton and Giancarlo added that many of the internet-based cryptocurrency trading platforms have registered as payment services and are not subject to direct oversight by the SEC or the CFTC.

” These markets are new, evolving and international. As such they require us to be nimble and forward-looking; coordinated with our state, federal and international colleagues; and engaged with important stakeholders, including Congress.”

Both the SEC and the CFTC have created new units within their respective agencies to target cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings. Recent actions have focused on blatant acts of fraud but there is growing concern within the ICO industry that other individuals, such as promoters and exchanges, could get embroiled in enforcement or civil actions. There are already multiple class action law suits which have been filed against issuers who sold “unregistered securities.”

Last week, Chair Clayton delivered a pointed rebuke to ICO enablers, including attorneys that are providing legal advice to issuers.

It is very important to note that both Clayton and Giancarlo appear to be willing to embrace change and Fintech innovation in general. The two officials questioned “whether our historic approach to the regulation of currency transactions is appropriate for the cryptocurrency markets.”

“We would support policy efforts to revisit these frameworks and ensure they are effective and efficient for the digital era,” stated Clayton and Giancarlo.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/01/127590-cftc-chairman-j-christopher-giancarlo-sec-chairman-jay-clayton-join-oped-cryptocurrency/
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:12:47 AM

At Davos, World Leaders Call for Crypto Regulation

https://dcebrief.com/at-davos-world-leaders-call-for-crypto-regulation/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 02:23:48 AM

Great work Joe, this paints a very clear picture for the reader on why DNotesVault.com is the superior option for hassle free cryptocurrency storage.

Appreciate it guys! I hope it will help people to make the right choices for safe keeping of their coins and that fit their particular needs.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:55:33 PM

Does anyone happen to know the opposite of “Pump and Dump? Is Bash and FUD close enough? That is what is happening to Bitcoin at Davos World Economic Forum currently taking place in Switzerland.

It is unfortunate that some of the world’s most respected business and political leaders must listen to this kind of trash. And, at the end of the conference, some of them are going home to help regulate an emerging industry that will be the greatest technology revolution since the Internet.

Sad. We need to spread the truth. We support reasonable regulations that protect investors from fraud and deceptive misrepresentations. Ironically, we are already hurting many new investors with this kind trash talk.

Bitcoin is getting bashed at Davos but the crypto world is fighting back

•   While the potential of blockchain, the underlying technology behind cryptocurrencies, was praised, bitcoin got slammed.
•   Nobel Prize-winning economist Robert Shiller told CNBC ahead of Davos that it may be around for 100 years, though it's more likely to collapse.
•   Bitcoin's reputation as a currency that is primarily used for illicit activities still lingered too.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/bitcoin-criticized-at-wef-in-davos-but-cryptocurrency-world-fights-back.html
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 03:16:23 PM

Chapter 12 - Customer

Why the Customer Experience Matters

Developing Your Customer Feedback System

Unexpected Customer Complaints: Effective Traffic Control

Customer Retention: Your Key to Growth and Success

R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:17:47 PM

I really question the whole "World Leaders" part of that statement. They may be seen as "leaders" but I see most of these people as "chair warmers". Regulation is only good if you truly understand what you are regulating. I don't see that from these people at all, I see fear and that is dangerous. We as a group, as crypto users and leaders, need to constantly push our message on why crypto is not a threat to these people if they embrace it. On the other hand, if they fight it, it will only go underground and become a weapon, and an unstoppable one at that.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 07:51:15 PM

Chapter 13 - Building on the Four Pillars

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:03:57 PM

Embracing Change

Eyes on the Prize: Maintaining Vision

DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:22:42 AM

Coincheck Exchange Loses 523 Million NEM Coins

https://dcebrief.com/coincheck-exchange-loses-523-million-nem-coins/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 02:02:43 AM

Embracing Change

Eyes on the Prize: Maintaining Vision

Maintaining Perspective

Never Stop Learning

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:35:35 PM

I really question the whole "World Leaders" part of that statement. They may be seen as "leaders" but I see most of these people as "chair warmers". Regulation is only good if you truly understand what you are regulating. I don't see that from these people at all, I see fear and that is dangerous. We as a group, as crypto users and leaders, need to constantly push our message on why crypto is not a threat to these people if they embrace it. On the other hand, if they fight it, it will only go underground and become a weapon, and an unstoppable one at that.

It may be hard to believe that very often people expressing a strong opinion against digital currency don't understand the very basic concept of DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) operating in a peer-to-peer setup with no single point of failure. It cannot be controlled or destroyed - hence unstoppable.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 01:11:16 PM

It may be hard to believe that very often people expressing a strong opinion against digital currency don't understand the very basic concept of DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) operating in a peer-to-peer setup with no single point of failure. It cannot be controlled or destroyed - hence unstoppable.

The fascinating thing about this situation is that if they try and make it hardy to access and use, they will bias usage towards those who have no other alternative, which brings in a larger proportion of criminal usage. Then as a result, a large proportion of tools and services supporting its use will also be targeting the most profitable customer base, criminals. So attempting to fight cryptocurrency adoption increases the problem they are trying to avoid.

Accepting that a minority of people will use cryptocurrency for criminal activity, in exactly the same way that cash is used, would enable them to focus on how to encourage adoption with systems that favour those who are open about their transactions, such as those that accept cryptocurrency payments in exchange for legitimate goods and services.

And there are already strong drivers for the market to develop identity management systems based on blockchain technology. As this becomes available, people are likely to want to bind their identity to blockchain transactions for a variety of benefits. If you can prove it was you who paid for an item that becomes faulty, there's your receipt. If you must have purchased a product before you review it, there's your authentication. If your coffee shop introduces a loyalty card and includes previous purchases by cryptocurrency, there's your reward card with digital holes already punched in it. And if the majority of transactions using cryptocurrency voluntarily link their identities, the remaining transactions are easier to identify, and harder to conceal when they are then used in conjunction with patterns that already have identities.

So fostering an environment where cryptocurrency usage for legal products and services is favoured, results in less services focused on meeting criminal requirements, easier detection of suspicious transactions, and a greater ability to connect illegal activities with identifiable transactions. Once this is made clear to our powerful leaders, and they continue on their anti-cryptocurrency path, it will become clear that reducing criminal activity is their justification, not their aim.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:10:19 PM

Coincheck Exchange Loses 523 Million NEM Coins

https://dcebrief.com/coincheck-exchange-loses-523-million-nem-coins/

Wow! That is quite the heist. The part I don't understand is why 523 million NEM were kept in a hot wallet. I can't believe that is the amount that gets withdrawn on a daily basis because that would represent over 5% of the entire NEM coin supply.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:12:59 PM

The fascinating thing about this situation is that if they try and make it hardy to access and use, they will bias usage towards those who have no other alternative, which brings in a larger proportion of criminal usage. Then as a result, a large proportion of tools and services supporting its use will also be targeting the most profitable customer base, criminals. So attempting to fight cryptocurrency adoption increases the problem they are trying to avoid.

Accepting that a minority of people will use cryptocurrency for criminal activity, in exactly the same way that cash is used, would enable them to focus on how to encourage adoption with systems that favour those who are open about their transactions, such as those that accept cryptocurrency payments in exchange for legitimate goods and services.

And there are already strong drivers for the market to develop identity management systems based on blockchain technology. As this becomes available, people are likely to want to bind their identity to blockchain transactions for a variety of benefits. If you can prove it was you who paid for an item that becomes faulty, there's your receipt. If you must have purchased a product before you review it, there's your authentication. If your coffee shop introduces a loyalty card and includes previous purchases by cryptocurrency, there's your reward card with digital holes already punched in it. And if the majority of transactions using cryptocurrency voluntarily link their identities, the remaining transactions are easier to identify, and harder to conceal when they are then used in conjunction with patterns that already have identities.

So fostering an environment where cryptocurrency usage for legal products and services is favoured, results in less services focused on meeting criminal requirements, easier detection of suspicious transactions, and a greater ability to connect illegal activities with identifiable transactions. Once this is made clear to our powerful leaders, and they continue on their anti-cryptocurrency path, it will become clear that reducing criminal activity is their justification, not their aim.

That makes me wonder... have any industry representatives attempted to reach out to the Trump Administration to educate the key lawmakers and enforcers on the nuts and bolts of the technology? If they're getting their news from the MSM like most people, their perception would be rather skewed. I've thought of reaching out myself, but I think it would make more sense to do it as a concerted effort among various industry leaders. Not sure if I would be considered an industry leader LOL.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:08:02 PM

Chapter 14 - Smokey’s Gardens – A Tale of Hard Work, Clear  Vision, Strategic Execution, Tenacity, and Team Work

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:28:45 PM

Chapter 15 - The DNotes Story – An Unfolding Big Bold Idea of Global Scale

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:15:05 PM

Tim, I fear as much. Painting the industry with a broad brush will be a big mistake – damaging the industry while creating more problems. Instead they should identify the specific problems of concern and focus their resources in solving those problems.

They must be mindful that digital currency is the future of money. Coupled with the underpinning blockchain technologies we are already witnessing massive changes and transformations not seen before. Those nations that seek to understand the technologies and create an environment that fosters the participation of honest promoters and investors, with practical regulations and guidelines, will gain a significant economic advantage over those that choose to fight it.

“develop identity management systems based on blockchain technology.”

This is already happening. Think of it this way – your phone is a unique piece of you but must match up with other data stored in the blockchain and elsewhere.

The goal is to have less than one in a million chance of an error, once your unique identity is confirmed. I believe that we can get there.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:13:18 PM

That makes me wonder... have any industry representatives attempted to reach out to the Trump Administration to educate the key lawmakers and enforcers on the nuts and bolts of the technology? If they're getting their news from the MSM like most people, their perception would be rather skewed. I've thought of reaching out myself, but I think it would make more sense to do it as a concerted effort among various industry leaders. Not sure if I would be considered an industry leader LOL.

Digital Currency Council has been engaging our lawmakers on those issues for sometime. I am sure more need to be done.
http://www.digitalcurrencycouncil.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: