Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:53:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:14:51 PM

Here is the current checklist. I encourage everyone to contribute.

Denver Dan

Activity: 39
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:44:06 PM

Looking good DNotes team!  A couple ideas I have, that might already be part of the plan;

An address book for the DNotes vault.  I have many friends and family that use the vault, and it would be nice to be able to store their address so we don't have to ask each time we want to transfer.

A basic phone app, if security would allow.  Just a simple way to access our vault, maybe with withdraw limitations.  A way to transfer DNotes within the vault, and on the blockchain.  Also, maybe a shapeshift type application within to exchange currencies on the go.

It's all coming together nicely.  Exciting times for the DNotes community.  Thanks for all the hard work Joe, Alan, Tim, Kevin and the rest of the team.

doctorlw1

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:02:48 PM

Been lurking for a while on here. Really like the angle DNotes took in approaching funding and crypto in general.

Are there any plans to get marketing / more community involvement? At the moment the subreddit is totally dead and discord seems to be the primary avenue of communication these days (for good reason) where Dnotes has no presence at all. Any plans on stepping up on those fronts around the time of the launch of DNotes 2.0 next month?

Welcome doctorlw1, thank you for your interest in DNotes and suggestions. Appreciate the reminder on Reddit, I had a few updates to send over there.

We do have plans for an aggressive marketing plan scheduled for our fundraising efforts and the release of DNotes 2.0.

Discord - I've only looked into it briefly. It appears to be designed as a IRC / TeamSpeak / Conference type platform and seems to be a good place to send people to chat. The question is, is it worth spending resources there? How does it benefit DNotes? and, How much does it benefit DNotes?

It would be very low cost / minimally resource intensive for DNotes to maintain a Discord channel as most of the heavy lifting would be done by the community itself. Obviously one employee at minimum would need to update announcements, be around to answer occasional questions, tech support.. but that's no different than maintaining a presence on bitcointalk.

Yes, IRC/Teamspeak is a pretty accurate depiction. The biggest advantage is it allows the community to interact with each other very easily as well as provide an easily accessible centralized location for the most up-to-date information. Most discord channels are arranged as some variation of the following:

# announcements (official announcements and links)
# rules
# faqs
# general chat
# support (for wallet issues, etc)
# business / development
# trading (for people to talk about price and not clog up other channels with more in depth discussion)
# alternative languages
# anything. I've seen a number of creative uses with these channels.

A strong community is key to growth and while the DNotes bitcointalk presence is a good one, a discord channel is really key to organically growing a community. I've noticed that telegram is starting to take a back seat to Discord as people realize it's just a much better platform.

I think the uses will be readily apparent if you look at some successful discords, a couple great examples of active and well run discords are (among many others):

Nano
https://discordapp.com/invite/JphbBas

Electra - which has really taken a community coin to the next level with creative uses of Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/B8F7Jdv

I don't think it's necessarily a priority now, but as DNotes 2.0 get's closer to launch next month and interest starts picking up I wouldn't be overlooking a very cheap, cost effective way of attaining organic community growth. Electra in particular has been good at taking advantage of the community by quickly organizing the members to go and vote to get listed on exchanges (they almost always win community vote now).
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:19:15 AM

Looking good DNotes team!  A couple ideas I have, that might already be part of the plan;

An address book for the DNotes vault.  I have many friends and family that use the vault, and it would be nice to be able to store their address so we don't have to ask each time we want to transfer.

A basic phone app, if security would allow.  Just a simple way to access our vault, maybe with withdraw limitations.  A way to transfer DNotes within the vault, and on the blockchain.  Also, maybe a shapeshift type application within to exchange currencies on the go.

It's all coming together nicely.  Exciting times for the DNotes community.  Thanks for all the hard work Joe, Alan, Tim, Kevin and the rest of the team.

Appreciate it Dan, good suggestions. Mobile definitely needs to be on the list. Shapeshift integration is a great idea as well, once we release DNotes 2.0 and start marketing it as well as getting listed on some of the bigger exchanges will be natural.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:25:06 AM

Looking good DNotes team!  A couple ideas I have, that might already be part of the plan;

An address book for the DNotes vault.  I have many friends and family that use the vault, and it would be nice to be able to store their address so we don't have to ask each time we want to transfer.

A basic phone app, if security would allow.  Just a simple way to access our vault, maybe with withdraw limitations.  A way to transfer DNotes within the vault, and on the blockchain.  Also, maybe a shapeshift type application within to exchange currencies on the go.

It's all coming together nicely.  Exciting times for the DNotes community.  Thanks for all the hard work Joe, Alan, Tim, Kevin and the rest of the team.

Appreciate it Dan, good suggestions. Mobile definitely needs to be on the list. Shapeshift integration is a great idea as well, once we release DNotes 2.0 and start marketing it as well as getting listed on some of the bigger exchanges will be natural.

Thank you, Dan. Going through that check list is a good remainder of how much our lean and agile team has accomplished in four years – that is the result of mostly volunteered time and financial contributions from a few individuals. We never asked the community for donation or used any ICOs for funding. Everything has been based on a personal commitment to do the right things for the benefits of everyone who supports our cause. DNotes will become a classic case that when common people get together with a common purpose and commitment to pursue a shared vision, uncommon result of the highest expectation can be achieved – the best in class.

Recently, I have the privilege of seeing a preview of DNotesEDU, funded and managed by volunteers who are also part of the DNotes team. It was inspirational. I am certainly anxious to see the reaction of our community when it is officially launched. And as I understand, it will be very soon.

The whole philosophy behind DNotes and our ecosystems is hard for most people to understand. It is especially difficult when one is only exposured to a segment of what we are about. DNotes is more than just another digital currency. It is a uniquely positioned digital currency being built with fully integrated ecosystems to the benefits of everyone. We are dedicated to educating and leading by example. We believe that for our industry to succeed, someone must contribute to those vital roles.

The launching of DNotes 2.0 will mark the completion of our first phase and the beginning of an exciting phase two – one of technology enhancement and rapid scaling globally.

Meanwhile, we are totally focused on two top priorities – launching DNotes 2.0 and two rounds of funding – Reg. D 506 (c) and A+ Mini-IPO in compliance with the SEC securities laws.

At the right time we will active many more PR efforts, social media, and participation in other discussion channels. In the meantime, it is best for our team to remain highly focused.

Thanks for your list of recommendations. Keep them coming.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:36:21 AM

Been lurking for a while on here. Really like the angle DNotes took in approaching funding and crypto in general.

Are there any plans to get marketing / more community involvement? At the moment the subreddit is totally dead and discord seems to be the primary avenue of communication these days (for good reason) where Dnotes has no presence at all. Any plans on stepping up on those fronts around the time of the launch of DNotes 2.0 next month?

Welcome doctorlw1, thank you for your interest in DNotes and suggestions. Appreciate the reminder on Reddit, I had a few updates to send over there.

We do have plans for an aggressive marketing plan scheduled for our fundraising efforts and the release of DNotes 2.0.

Discord - I've only looked into it briefly. It appears to be designed as a IRC / TeamSpeak / Conference type platform and seems to be a good place to send people to chat. The question is, is it worth spending resources there? How does it benefit DNotes? and, How much does it benefit DNotes?

It would be very low cost / minimally resource intensive for DNotes to maintain a Discord channel as most of the heavy lifting would be done by the community itself. Obviously one employee at minimum would need to update announcements, be around to answer occasional questions, tech support.. but that's no different than maintaining a presence on bitcointalk.

Yes, IRC/Teamspeak is a pretty accurate depiction. The biggest advantage is it allows the community to interact with each other very easily as well as provide an easily accessible centralized location for the most up-to-date information. Most discord channels are arranged as some variation of the following:

# rules
# faqs
# general chat
# business / development
# trading (for people to talk about price and not clog up other channels with more in depth discussion)
# alternative languages

A strong community is key to growth and while the DNotes bitcointalk presence is a good one, a discord channel is really key to organically growing a community. I've noticed that telegram is starting to take a back seat to Discord as people realize it's just a much better platform.

I think the uses will be readily apparent if you look at some successful discords, a couple great examples of active and well run discords are (among many others):

Nano

Electra - which has really taken a community coin to the next level with creative uses of Discord

I don't think it's necessarily a priority now, but as DNotes 2.0 get's closer to launch next month and interest starts picking up I wouldn't be overlooking a very cheap, cost effective way of attaining organic community growth. Electra in particular has been good at taking advantage of the community by quickly organizing the members to go and vote to get listed on exchanges (they almost always win community vote now).

Excellent! Thank you for the detailed information! Those are great examples,  I can see there is some really good engagement. What we may need at some point is dedicated community / social managers to branch out into these avenues.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:40:08 AM

# rules
# faqs
# general chat
# business / development
# alternative languages

Nano

Thank you for sharing, doctorlw1. Your support for DNotes is greatly appreciated. We will take your recommendation of a discord channel seriously, as we get closer to DNotes 2.0 launch. Voting support to get DNotes listed on larger exchanges will be quite valuable.
Geekxplore

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:21:51 AM

What is DNotes Coin?
Dnotes Coin is a cryptocurrency which the gap between the decentralized block chainwould include poker world and the centralized real world.
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-dnotes-coin.html
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:29:29 AM

What is DNotes Coin?
Dnotes Coin is a cryptocurrency which the gap between the decentralized block chainwould include poker world and the centralized real world.
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-dnotes-coin.html

Welcome Geekxplore, thank you for the write up!

1 recommendation for your article:
I think "would include poker" is a typo or included by accident.

Otherwise great brief summary!

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:13:21 AM

Bitcoin Regains $10,000 Mark

https://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-regains-10000-mark/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:09:58 PM

Very busy day for our team working on many different areas. We now have a book publicist to promote the book, and I just signed off with a new law firm to start drafting our Reg. D 506 (c) Private Placement Memorandum to be filed with the SEC. The funding could begin as early as this April. The Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Tier 2 will be launched at the later half of this year with a great deal of up front work.

Wishing all our friends, family, and supporters around the world a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous Chinese New Year!
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:56:35 AM

Very busy day for our team working on many different areas. We now have a book publicist to promote the book, and I just signed off with a new law firm to start drafting our Reg. D 506 (c) Private Placement Memorandum to be filed with the SEC. The funding could begin as early as this April. The Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Tier 2 will be launched at the later half of this year with a great deal of up front work.

Wishing all our friends, family, and supporters around the world a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous Chinese New Year!

Excellent work Alan, finding the right team is very difficult -- especially when there are crossover skills required in the professional's field into digital currency.

The Reg D 506 offering will really get things kicking off!

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:12:15 AM

That is great news, Alan! I'm really looking forward to the launching of DNotes 2.0!
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:40:46 AM

WH Cybersecurity Coordinator: Govt Not Yet Ready to Regulate Crypto

https://dcebrief.com/wh-cybersecurity-coordinator-govt-not-yet-ready-to-regulate-crypto/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:08:26 AM

Excellent work Alan, finding the right team is very difficult -- especially when there are crossover skills required in the professional's field into digital currency.

The Reg D 506 offering will really get things kicking off!

Thanks, it has been a great day. Got a lot of important things accomplished. One major remaining task is finding a highly qualified PCAOB compliance auditor for our Reg. A+ funding. I can now appreciate why so few care to take this route and just limit the participation to accredited investors only. It has been a struggle finding qualified professionals who have a sufficient working knowledge of our industry - technical, financial, and legal.

We could take the easy route of launching a Reg. D 506 (c) available only to accredited investors without any upper limits to raise adequate funding for our foreseeable needs. But that will go against our basic mission to be inclusive of all interested participants, including non-accredited investors. I am relentlessly committed to this project and have no doubt that we are doing the right thing. It will be to our benefit over the longer-term. This will further differentiate DNotes from our industry peers.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:52:40 AM

That is great news, Alan! I'm really looking forward to the launching of DNotes 2.0!

Thank you, wiser. I am very excited about DNotes 2.0 launch and have been actively working with our team to make the best decision at every point. Once successfully launched, I believe it will fill the "technology void" DNotes has been perceived to be lacking.

What our industry may not realize is that we are very mindful of strategic timing. Our industry is still at its infancy. The technology is still evolving. Based on reports, 80 to 90% of the blockchain projects have failed or abandoned. We pretty much expected that it would be the case. We purposely waited for the technology to become more mature to avoid many pitfalls typical new industry. Meanwhile, we focused our limited resources in building our ecosystems block by block - all strategically linked.

There are two remaining blocks - DNotes 2.0 and funding. They are now our two highest priorities. Once accomplished, the next phase of rapid growth will begin.

Be sure to drop in with your best wishes this Sunday. It's DNotes 4th anniversary. Looking back, it's amazing what we have accomplished. 
cf_mm

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:36:22 PM

New Release date for DNOTES2.0? Was supposed to be September 2017
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:55:10 PM

New Release date for DNOTES2.0? Was supposed to be September 2017

That is correct, cf_mm.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:08:51 PM

WH Cybersecurity Coordinator: Govt Not Yet Ready to Regulate Crypto

https://dcebrief.com/wh-cybersecurity-coordinator-govt-not-yet-ready-to-regulate-crypto/

It's good to know that the political leadership and regulators are taking the time to learn more about the technologies and our industry, "I think we're still absolutely studying and understanding what the good ideas and bad ideas in that space are. So, I don't think it's close."

If they could focus in getting rid of bad actors through enforcement of existing laws, followed by reasonable regulations with sensible regulatory guidance, I am all for that. It is looking like that is the route that they are taking.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:55:09 PM

Be sure to drop in with your best wishes this Sunday. It's DNotes 4th anniversary. Looking back, it's amazing what we have accomplished. 

Has it already been four years?Huh? I can hardly believe it!

I *love* how some of the promising new coins I picked up are now *old* coins with a solid track record. I really love the way your team is so strategic and takes a long view not only of coin prices but of the emerging block chain technology.

As for the US Government's current hesitation on regulating cryptocurrencies, I see that as a very positive sign. No one wants to jump the gun and do something stupid, so they're taking the time to gain necessary knowledge of the industry and also see how it develops organically. There are a lot of great developments still in their infancy that could be easily squashed by the wrong sort of regulation, and it seems our lawmakers have some awareness of this.
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: