Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:47:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain  (Read 131108 times)
bitgangsta

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Nimiq won't transfer Net to Nim.  Sounds like a lawsuit.

Footy Cash: The Fantasy Sports Coin With Masternodes
http://footycash.com/
https://twitter.com/Footy_Cash
metallicelmo

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:52:39 PM

Sure they will change NET to NIM, that's the whole point of the project and the ICO
F2b

Activity: 2093
Merit: 897

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:56:15 PM

I don't understand... Why do they care about that? I mean, the KYC. Cryptocurrencies were creater to avoid states and régulation. Why do they need this?
I assume that I don't know the legislation over there but it's quite confusing...
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:06:22 PM

There is probably a chance that swapping a token would be some kind of ‘issue’ event for securities law or something, requiring KYC. I wonder whether some smart fellow will set up a private swap pool for US residents to do the swap for them.

danspasiva

Activity: 417
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:15:08 PM

I don't understand... Why do they care about that? I mean, the KYC. Cryptocurrencies were creater to avoid states and régulation. Why do they need this?
I assume that I don't know the legislation over there but it's quite confusing...

This is because they are concerned that their token will be labeled as a security in the future.  Right now it is unclear what specifically the us regulatory authorities will do in regards to this, but there are some positive signs coming out recently that not all ICO will be considered securities, and that even a new asset class will be created just for cryptos.
polylogic

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:59:36 AM

KYC - Know your Customer, just google it...

so to get our NIM we have to send you our data?!

how is the network goin to work? ....
"sorry to create a wallet you need to send us your id"
"sorry, please fill out these forms to participate in mining"
"sorry, to collect your mined coins please fill out these forms and proove that you are allowed to circulate the coin"

i know you try to follow the rules ... and i understand that we dont want anyone here financing some terror and yes this is a browser based blockchain and no cryptocurrency but how is the service going to make up for the loss in financial freedom we get when sending our documents?

btw, thats why i advertise deeponion!

.Presale LIVE..Crypto Visa EU OUT NOW.✔ ◾ Bonus Payments.
Cashback ✔ ◾ Rainshowers ✔ ◾ Ambassador Bounty
Founding the next way of banking D E Z E N T R A L I Z E D

|

2gether.global

|

AI optimized
Community driven
Personal banking

❌ VFA Approved
✅ ERC-20 Token
⚠⚠ Join presale now!

Website
Twitter
BTCT ANN
vitamilk

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:02:30 AM

looks good. i need japanese translation. if you have it.
greml

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:07:12 AM

"sorry, to collect your mined coins please fill out these forms and proove that you are allowed to circulate the coin"

i know you try to follow the rules ... and i understand that we dont want anyone here financing some terror and yes this is a browser based blockchain and no cryptocurrency but how is the service going to make up for the loss in financial freedom we get when sending our documents?

Well, if this the case then this project is more than dead.
The reason why crypto exists is because no one should control over our own money.
But if i have to send my ID to you and fill out stupid things to mine and collect my money then why should i use your service?
Not only do you have my ID and thats terrible enough but also you can control me and my money. No thanks.
F2b

Activity: 2093
Merit: 897

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:22:54 AM

The reason why crypto exists is because no one should control over our own money.
But if i have to send my ID to you and fill out stupid things to mine and collect my money then why should i use your service?
Not only do you have my ID and thats terrible enough but also you can control me and my money. No thanks.
This is exactly what I think. Maybe my previous post was not very clear, but this one is a good summary of what I think about all this administrative problems.
altcoiner555

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:40:41 AM

You people are idiots. The KYC is not for creating a wallet or mining. It's for initial swap participants and is same as ICO T&Cs. The regulators are cracking down, all ICO/swaps will have to do this or risk being delisted, shutdown, fined or imprisoned.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:57:31 AM

Calling people 'idiots,' altcoiner555? Thanks for that!

There are, I feel, a range of questions that the devs should be here answering right now.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:11:12 AM

The matter is quite clear: KYC will be required for swapping a NET token for a Nimiq token. If local law prohibits someone from such swap, no swap for him. Complain to your local legislator if you do not like this. And send me your cheap NET tokens by dumping them  Cheesy

Nimiq

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:04:37 PM

This is incorrect. To comply with regulation you have to do KYC to use our NET-to-NIM replacement tool. This doesn't mean you have to do KYC to create a wallet, send/receive NIM or to use any app from the Nimiq Ecosystem. If you join our community you'll find this project is far from dead

*Image Removed*  (http://safe.nimiq.com/#_request/NQ17YTX4X5U65BUXHN5JV6VV260V9UP1D39S_)
Nimiq

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:12:02 PM

There are, I feel, a range of questions that the devs should be here answering right now.

Please go ahead and ask them Smiley

*Image Removed*  (http://safe.nimiq.com/#_request/NQ17YTX4X5U65BUXHN5JV6VV260V9UP1D39S_)
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:56:27 AM

Firstly, what documents and information constitute 'KYC'? When Bittrex launched an enhanced-verification project last year, they arrogantly assumed that their KYC processes encompassed every national-postal-address system on the planet. As a consequence, I experienced days of drama -- locked out of my account.

If 'KYC' remains a set of unknown documents/information, then where do I stand? Do I hold on to my tokens until the conversion begins, only to find that I am simply unable to 'KYC'?

Secondly, check the latest Vlog. A Nimiq team member is seen making little electronic hats for little electronic heads. Meanwhile, both this thread and the Reddit have token holders expressing concerns about losing their holdings -- ??
salary123

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:00:44 AM

Firstly, what documents and information constitute 'KYC'? When Bittrex launched an enhanced-verification project last year, they arrogantly assumed that their KYC processes encompassed every national-postal-address system on the planet. As a consequence, I experienced days of drama -- locked out of my account.

If 'KYC' remains a set of unknown documents/information, then where do I stand? Do I hold on to my tokens until the conversion begins, only to find that I am simply unable to 'KYC'?

Secondly, check the latest Vlog. A Nimiq team member is seen making little electronic hats for little electronic heads. Meanwhile, both this thread and the Reddit have token holders expressing concerns about losing their holdings -- ??
KYC is the policy and trend that all governments use to "protect" people. I miss the old "de-centralization"
Nimiq

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:45:38 AM

I can feel your frustation. We are doing KYC only for users using our NET-to-NIM replacement tool because for Nimiq Foundation to be encompassed on a safe road to mainstream adoption (from all regulations perspectives). We are not fans of KYC and know it can be a frustrating process so we are trying to keep it as easy as possible while still complying to regulations.

We are still defining the KYC provider. We have narrowed it down to a few of them and we are analyzing the best fit to a global userbase. We expect an easy-to-follow (other than excluding US citizens). We will inform more details as soon as we have definitive information from our KYC provider.

Yes, so you noticed the identicons. Identicons are a huge UX accomplishment that makes us and our community super proud. Join our telegram or discord groups to discuss about it and understand while this aspect lowers barriers of entry to newcomers.

Do you have any specific concerns about 'losing your holdings' from s technical point of view if you have NET tokens there is no way to lose them unless you lose your private key. No vulnerabilities on the smart contract or ways for anyone to steal your NET, so there are no real ways of losing them.

Nimiq

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:47:42 AM

KYC is the policy and trend that all governments use to "protect" people. I miss the old "de-centralization"

Decentralization and KYC and non related matters. A centralized network can use KYC at some point in its evolution and this doesn't mean it has any of the flaws or disadvantages of the centralized economy.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:49:15 AM

Decentralization and KYC and non related matters. A centralized network can use KYC at some point in its evolution and this doesn't mean it has any of the flaws or disadvantages of the centralized economy.

Your reply, nimiq, is polite. Thank you for that. But my concern remains: conversion approaches. You can't tell me what the KYC will involve. And I don't think the dev team has handled the issue at all well.

'Decentralization and KYC [are] non related matters.'        I'd like to go on the record: I agree with salary123: large numbers of people handing over data -- which we can only assume is being stored, and perhaps made available to government agencies -- may reasonably be seen as an instance of 'centralisation.'

Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:19:23 PM

I hope the team will move to PoS as soon as possible to avoid the ecological impact BTC  have now
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: