Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:56:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252961 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:40:50 AM

I have made a fan account on steemit to promote elastic, I'll try to make regural posts, feel free to support and resteem the posts if you feel like it: https://steemit.com/xel/@xeline/xel-mining-demo-mainnet-video

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mangrooooo

Activity: 128
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:25:42 PM

I have made a fan account on steemit to promote elastic, I'll try to make regural posts, feel free to support and resteem the posts if you feel like it: https://steemit.com/xel/@xeline/xel-mining-demo-mainnet-video

Is this project still alive or dead? No volume, no new exchange, simply nothing.
trumpman

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:52:26 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 10:11:47 PM by trumpman

Is this project still alive or dead? No volume, no new exchange, simply nothing.

The answer to your question lies just three messages above you. The latest updates (betanet,  revisioned whitepaper, and 2 (yes two!) new websites) got released a month ago. Also have a look at GitHub, it has constantly been updated every couple of weeks for the past year or so... So much for your "simply nothing" bs.

So you are either fudding or too lazy to even scroll up a bit.

As for volume, it's steadily anywhere from 10-50 BTC everyday for the past couples of months. Ok it's not huge but definitely not zero as you claim.

As for the "no new exchanges" thing, instead of complaining why don't you actually prove yourself useful and contact some exchanges asking for XEL to be listed? I bet you are too lazy to do that too so let me help. Here are two forms you can use:
1) https://m.poloniex.com/coinRequest
2) https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/

With enough requests combined with the fact it's a solid project with a working product, XEL has good chances get listed on either of these two exchanges. So go and fill them up instead of being a whiner.
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:10:26 AM

Yes project is very active. It is already listed on trex and upbit. New exchanges are not priority right now.
trumpman

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:30:37 PM

Anyone knows if there's a burn address for xel, and if not, how can someone set one up?
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:51:35 PM

Anyone knows if there's a burn address for xel, and if not, how can someone set one up?

How about sending to genesis block account? Would that work?

http://elasticexplorer.org/address/XEL-H22F-GBXY-4BXS-6S4VQ/

trumpman

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:14:18 PM

If you ask me I really don't know since I am not the most technical person :p But I would love to have a definite answer to the question Cheesy
josegines

Activity: 811
Merit: 531

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:16:55 PM

Who may want to burn something that has value?

I do not understand, I imagine that everyone will want to have more XEL, but someone wants to get rid of them?

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:17:52 PM
Merited by josegines (1)

There's a chance that someone has access to the genesis address. Not sure, though.

I tried finding out whether NXT-addresses (which XEL-adresses are based on) use checksums and I didn' find anything, so maybe you could "generate" burn addresses by choosing obviously non-random addresses, like XEL-BURN-ADDR-ESSX-XXXXX, XEL-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX and send the funds there. Not sure if this works, but since you want to burn them anyway, there's no harm in trying I guess. When making an address up, remember that NXT/XEL addresses don't use 0, O, I and 1.

I do not understand, I imagine that everyone will want to have more XEL, but someone wants to get rid of them?

There's a number of reasons, such as showing goodwill, getting rid of "tainted" (i.e. stolen) tokens which can't be returned for whatever reason etc.

Random fun fact: Counterparty used it as a means to distribute tokens to users. This is their burn address:

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr

(The last six random looking characters are the checksum I meant above)
trumpman

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:48:01 PM

There's a chance that someone has access to the genesis address. Not sure, though.

I tried finding out whether NXT-addresses (which XEL-adresses are based on) use checksums and I didn' find anything, so maybe you could "generate" burn addresses by choosing obviously non-random addresses, like XEL-BURN-ADDR-ESSX-XXXXX, XEL-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX and send the funds there. Not sure if this works, but since you want to burn them anyway, there's no harm in trying I guess. When making an address up, remember that NXT/XEL addresses don't use 0, O, I and 1.

There's a number of reasons, such as showing goodwill, getting rid of "tainted" (i.e. stolen) tokens which can't be returned for whatever reason etc.

Random fun fact: Counterparty used it as a means to distribute tokens to users. This is their burn address:

So if I use the method you describe nobody will be able to claim those funds making them 100 % inaccessible, right?
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:28:10 PM

So if I use the method you describe nobody will be able to claim those funds making them 100 % inaccessible, right?

It us actually a really good question to create an address where nobody has had ever access to it. Maybe the genesis account might be the best option to go since no one should be able to actually use this address for personal reasons. But I might be wrong. But this would be a quite simple to answer question for EK I guess
Deepfoelife

Activity: 434
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:46:18 PM

I didnt follow this topic for a while but still holding some... so whats new with the Elastic project? Is the site still under development waiting for the new crypto-market bull run to start? Cheesy
ttookk

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:49:40 PM

Well, apart from the fact that there is no such thing as 100%, pretty much.

There are two widely recognized ways of "burning" coins, both include sending them to provably unspendable addresses. "Provably unspendable" means that the addresses themselves show that there is close to zero chance that anyone knows the associated private key by looking extremely deliberate. Basically, if someone is able to find the associated private key to a burn address, you can assume that they can find any key for any wallet on the chain.

I've pointed out the first method above.

The second method is not much different, but instead of the address itself, the public key is used. The public key is the key directly derived from the private key. Addresses are usually generated by taking a private key, performing cryptographic hashing on it to generate the public key. Then, cryptographic hashing is used on the public key to generate the address. XEL is no different in that regard. To generate a "burn address", you take a sufficiently non-random public key (all zeros is common) and generate an address out of it. This is a little more tricky and the address still looks random at first glance, which is why I'd prefer the first way.
trumpman

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:02:45 AM

Well, apart from the fact that there is no such thing as 100%, pretty much.

There are two widely recognized ways of "burning" coins, both include sending them to provably unspendable addresses. "Provably unspendable" means that the addresses themselves show that there is close to zero chance that anyone knows the associated private key by looking extremely deliberate. Basically, if someone is able to find the associated private key to a burn address, you can assume that they can find any key for any wallet on the chain.

I've pointed out the first method above.

The second method is not much different, but instead of the address itself, the public key is used. The public key is the key directly derived from the private key. Addresses are usually generated by taking a private key, performing cryptographic hashing on it to generate the public key. Then, cryptographic hashing is used on the public key to generate the address. XEL is no different in that regard. To generate a "burn address", you take a sufficiently non-random public key (all zeros is common) and generate an address out of it. This is a little more tricky and the address still looks random at first glance, which is why I'd prefer the first way.

Thanks for explaining everything in details. I appreciate it Cheesy
ttookk

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:48:29 PM

(…)

Thanks for explaining everything in details. I appreciate it Cheesy

Not a problem Smiley

Let me know if it worked (or not).
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:03:37 AM

Hi everyone,
i've seen that there is an other challenger of "Decentralized Supercomputer": iagon.

What do you think about it? Do you think that xel can still have its role in the market?
ttookk

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:03:53 PM
Merited by asdlolciterquit (1)

Hi everyone,
i've seen that there is an other challenger of "Decentralized Supercomputer": iagon.

What do you think about it? Do you think that xel can still have its role in the market?

I am not too familiar with Iagons decentralized computing system, so I can't directly compare it with XEL, but I'm pretty sure there is a place for XEL in the ecosystem.

XEL is designed to do certain types of computations; those which are hard to compute, but easy to verify. This might seem as a shortcoming to be so specialized, but it means in this specific sector, it has huge advantages over other projects:

If you have a decentralized all-purpose computer, you either have an almost unsolvable trust problem or a lot of redundancy. For example, a common purpose for using rented computing power is rendering high quality videos. This needs a *lot* of computing power. For an attacker, it would be far easier to do the beginning and end of the video, throw some random data garbage in the middle and claim the reward. So, the user has to trust the worker to do the job they are paid for. You could set up an escrow system, but this system would need arbiters. Because the user could claim fault and present a broken file they created, even if the worker did their job perfectly. Or the user messed up by sending faulty data and blames the worker for it. A different approach would be to have two or more workers working on the same project, to check that they all did the job right. But all of them need to be paid (and they need to be paid a competitve price, mind you) and it is computing power wasted.

For most types of computation, there is no really easy way out there, at least not one that really improves on existing systems. You could just set up a centralized service, where workers can offer their computing power for ETH/BTC, with accounts and a trust system and all. Way less hussle and probably more effective.

XEL however focuses on a certain type of computations, those which are hard to compute, but easy to verify. Finding prime numbers could be one. Travelling salesman problem. Cracking passwords (only you own of course). Stuff where once you have a possible solution, you can go and say "yes, this looks about right". For this type of problems, XEL is perfect, because the system doesn't need the redundancy mentioned above. It also doesn't need a trust system. It's basically like finding blocks in a PoW system.

In that field, XEL will be competitive, because it is streamlined to do just that. Think of the other projects as swiss army knives: they can do a lot, but nothing of it really well. XEL is a high carbon, handforged chef knife, sharpened to perfection. It's really bad at opening cans and opening wine bottles, but the thing it can do, boy does it go.
stokholminfinity

Activity: 352
Merit: 104

SquidCoin.cash

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:22:23 PM

There is a serious controversy about the importance of the project. From myself I want to say that the tasks for which the project is oriented are very complex and require a lot of time for development and debugging. I would not wait for a quick implementation from such a project. Here we are not talking about quick profits but about realizing the idea and bringing it to the working state.

dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:24:26 AM

There is a serious controversy about the importance of the project. From myself I want to say that the tasks for which the project is oriented are very complex and require a lot of time for development and debugging. I would not wait for a quick implementation from such a project. Here we are not talking about quick profits but about realizing the idea and bringing it to the working state.

A good project is almost everytime a difficult one... and it always takes time... people need to forget the quick profit if they want to invest on real projects...
A good project will always reward those who hold   Wink

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:24:46 AM

I do agree with the points you highlighted above, but for me the main challenge for this platform is the funding, the likes of Golem, RLC, SONM and Filecoin all recieved huge amount form their ICO and could attract the best talents around. This project seems to be lacking dedicated developers and they need more hands to help out with development and this cost money

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: