Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35054 times)
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1588

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:24:17 PM

It is possible indeed, I have written my thoughts here, in a funny way I hope https://tinybowl.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/bitconomics-102-where-is-value-aka-we.html

eneyardi

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:25:33 PM

Cryptocurrencies capitalization is more than $100 bln.
Bitcoin can not crash because a lot of money was invested in it and it brings a great value.

What tangible value are you talking about?
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:23:27 PM

Cryptocurrencies capitalization is more than $100 bln.
Bitcoin can not crash because a lot of money was invested in it and it brings a great value.

What tangible value are you talking about?

I think it's very easy to answer that question. Bitcoin is decentralized and scarce, which makes it quite immune to hyperinflation. It's secure and transparent because of the blockhain, but it still provides anonymity. It allows you to make payments without the need to use banks, so it gives the control of your money back to you, where it should be, and it also helps those that don't have access to bank accounts.
These are some of it's benefits that provide it value, and there are a lot more. Bitcoin should really be taken seriously, and it's price is still undervalued.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 840
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 08:38:15 PM

Is that a question?? Lol.. bitcoin wil be a commodity and a source of income by people in this nation so i think bitcoin will be more expensive in the future. No one can't stop bitcoin always remember this!

buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:10:50 PM

more people involved bitcoin less posibility to loose value, bitcoin has been atacking since the begining and thanks to people around the world the value is sostenible.

the value is down if the tool or instrument is not neccesary, if the central authority who control that instrument make some mistakes

the distribuid nature of bitcoin is just a new tool of study in the economy. is the first time that a valuable thing cant not be controled by a person.
is the first time that deflationary money take part in the monetary system.

nothing has been studied about this and the time will give results about this new technology.

maybe by first time this can solve the problems that were imposible in the past

Indeed, if more people would be allowed to bitcoin we have a lower chance to lose the value and keep the good rate

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:17:51 PM

In the past bitcoin were traded by a few people wich had made the price to crash without any possible support, nowadays we do have huge supports that wont let the price to crash soo easy. Nowadays bitcoin still vulnerable to some news, like what happened with China, as well with the first fork, the community had learned a lot and send a message to all, nobody can take us down anymore no matter the influence.
The chinese incident where they banned ICOs and exchanges was actually a good thing for the bitcoin community. Bitcoin was able to proof that it did not depend on any specific country and the is truly a global currency. And price drop does not mean that only few people are trading. It means that the investors are trying to cash out their profit. As soon as the price drops new investors join in and the price goes back up.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:22:58 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.
Decrease is a natural thing?
The fall and rise of a price is a reality that often happens in the market. But very different from bitcoin, in terms of value alone the price of bitcoin is the highest, it is unlikely that bitcoin will lose its value, even altcoin alone may not be able to compete, even though at this time ethereum just behind it in sequence two number after bitcoin, try you pay attention and compare the values, ethereum is still 16x (sixteen) to be able to go beyond bitcoin.
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:30:07 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
With this high market value of 6000$ and still getting more expensive, I think it is quite impossible. Backdrops are still expected but it won't be as big to the point that Bitcoin will lose its value. One good example is what happened recently with China. It resulted to major cryptomarket to fall but Bitcoin is able to recover from it. So if there'll be a huge downfall, Bitcoin will surely make its way up again, for sure.
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:07:12 AM

Bitcoin lost %80 of its value after the GoX crash in late 2013. People panic sold their coins in despair. The price fell from over 1k$ to as low as 200$ in time. The recovery took very long time but those who hold their coins won the jackpot. Even the top buyers made at east %100 profits since then.

Can bitcoin lose its value? Yes. Only for a time.

In the long run, there will be a recovery as always.

The Solution: If you won't be able to deal with the pain of holding bitcoins for long years, only hold the amount you can afford to lose.

This proves that those people who were patient enough would be earning more fruitfully because they manage to keep/hold their coins. I think we should avoid panic buying or selling because something just happened. We should first to assess the situation and if there is really a need of buying or selling coins then that is the time we should do it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:26:03 AM

Think positive be positive I don't think it is possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value. The proven record  of bitcoin is very positive only.

Nothing gone wrong in it so I have a confident that the future of bitcoin is very good and we should be more confident and start associated with bitcoin for my bright future ahead that is for sure.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:51:23 AM

I think it could but maybe it depends on the situation.
But I think it is very impossible at the moment but maybe in the future .
There is a chance of every possibility to happen but the probability matters. Nobody knows the future and neither can it be predicted with a hundred percent accuracy. Bitcoin is the best investment tool and has ruled the digital currencies for a long duration now.

By watching the past and present performance, such situation in which it will lose a value is nearly impossible.Bitcoin is not a bubble and it is going to rise up more than we can even predict.
futurepast1019

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:54:04 AM

Bitcoin was supposed to be a currency, where a person can send any amount of Bitcoins to any other person in any part of the world within 10 mins and with lowest possible fees.

But now, due to a major increase in Bitcoin’s popularity, the time taken for completeing a transaction has increased and is taking more time than 10 mins. In some cases upto 2 hours and in some extreme cases, Bitcoin was not even transferred.

Also the fees is rising day by day.

All of this is not for which Bitcoin was developed. As a result, if further actions are not taken up by Bitcoin development team, Bitcoin may start to loose it’s value( which will probably not happen)
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:39:20 PM

Forget it, it is not going to happen, we all want to get the opportunity to buy bitcoin for just some hundreds of dollars we lost that opportunity and it is never going to comeback so use your time to found opportunities in altcoins and invest there, many altcoins are very cheap at the moment so that seems like an easy way to make money.
BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:53:31 PM

It's almost impossible nowdays that bitcoin loose value unless be replaced by another crypto or a new technology. Bitcoin ,as all cryptocurrencies, still has many technical issues need to be solved. May be bitcoin won't ever loose his reputation as the first known cryptocurrency and it is completely decentralized and no one control it.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 07:55:23 PM

Bitcoin was supposed to be a currency, where a person can send any amount of Bitcoins to any other person in any part of the world within 10 mins and with lowest possible fees.

But now, due to a major increase in Bitcoin’s popularity, the time taken for completeing a transaction has increased and is taking more time than 10 mins. In some cases upto 2 hours and in some extreme cases, Bitcoin was not even transferred.

Also the fees is rising day by day.

All of this is not for which Bitcoin was developed. As a result, if further actions are not taken up by Bitcoin development team, Bitcoin may start to loose it’s value( which will probably not happen)

Bitcoin has become sort of digital gold (in terms of price, at least)

If you need fast and cheap transactions, use Litecoin. It seems that most of the time this coin is more stable than Bitcoin (in US dollars), so it makes an excellent vehicle for transferring value. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is popular because everyone wants it, and as long as its adoption expands (as it does), it is unlikely that it will lose value, no matter how high the fees could be and how long it may take to transact with it. People are buying it to hold it, therefore they don't care so much for all these things (high fees and slow confirmation times) as for its price to continue rising (as it also does on long enough timeframes)

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:51:19 AM

With this high market value of 6000$ and still getting more expensive, I think it is quite impossible. Backdrops are still expected but it won't be as big to the point that Bitcoin will lose its value. One good example is what happened recently with China. It resulted to major cryptomarket to fall but Bitcoin is able to recover from it. So if there'll be a huge downfall, Bitcoin will surely make its way up again, for sure.
It happened couple of times in the past when we experienced the market price of bitcoin going down significantly but even then bitcoin managed to rise again in a beautiful way. The way bitcoin is making progress and that on daily basis, I don’t think so that bitcoin is going to lose its value. In fact, bitcoin is gaining more good reputation with each passing day and it is helping more people to earn money.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:02:04 AM

Probably, yes because the moment that there will be no people who will going to invest in bitcoin, the value of it will decrease and decrease until such time that it will lose its value.

There were already people to invest, and there is now. As I said earlier, the divisions will bring the end of Bitcoin. There is a new division. Segwit!

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:09:54 PM

Probably, yes because the moment that there will be no people who will going to invest in bitcoin, the value of it will decrease and decrease until such time that it will lose its value.

There were already people to invest, and there is now. As I said earlier, the divisions will bring the end of Bitcoin. There is a new division. Segwit!

Well segwit won't take away bitcoin's value and even these division's you're talking about would little effect since people want bitcoin and nothing else. Though it's never a bad idea to always prepare for the worse

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:42:36 PM

No chance that bitcoin can loss its value in market and I think there is no reason behind this because bitcoin knows all his fork which can destabilized bitcoin in market so bitcoin know knows very well how to maintain its value in market so I’m sure that people support and love bitcoin and the future of bitcoin is very bright.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:11:54 PM

Anything that has value has the opportunity to lose value. So definitely, just depends on how much of a drop you're looking for and how long you're willing to wait.
Most definitely! As it gains, it can loose and that is why we keep having the chats dropping every time. If everybody at once wants to sell their bitcoin at the rate of $1, then I do not see why the value to drop to $1, but the question is, is that realistic ?

Except someone is insanely mad, can something like that ever happen? Moreover, so many people worldwide have bitcoin, and even if someone else decides to drop, will it really have much impact over time? No! Just a loss to the people who decided to sell at a cheaper value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: