Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35054 times)
terbetet

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:58:12 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.
There may be lots of instances and possibilities that bitcoin can do really lose its value due to many contributing factors that may affect its current price rate. Bitcoin may lose its value once it is widely use for illegal doings that can make government to make a move of totally banning bitcoin usage on a certain country or even the whole world. It may also lose its value once the technology where bitcoin is generated and operated online experiences malfunction that was a really a large hindrance to the economic progress of bitcoin.

Watashi Yamashita

Activity: 209

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:13:07 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Maybe have its value to fall down but to completely lose its value is not something I think could happen with bitcoin. We can all witness nowadays that the value of bitcoin is rising and many people are getting crazy over it. If ever this thing would occur, I'm pretty sure many people would get mad and depressed. I hope that this thing would not happen and I also hope that things would get more better in bitcoin in the future days to come.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:16:53 PM

There are a lot of factors that may make bitcoin's value go down but right now I don't think it will occur. Bitcoin has been recovering from the tragedy that happened with China and we can all see that the value of it has risen higher than ever even after all that happened. If ever a malfunction in the software with bitcoin would occur, maybe it will lose a bit of its value but going to zero is not a thing that may happen with bitcoin anymore right now.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:18:06 PM

I think everything can happen tomorrow or next year, we never know what will happen with bitcoin so the best step is not keeping a large amount, if you feel a profit then you should sell.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:23:17 PM

Like anything else, also bitcoin can fall. It is unlikely but not impossible. There are number of events that could cause this. This brings to my mind a quote from the movie i watched some time ago: Everything can fail, only death is certain.
rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:10:54 PM

Guys thank you for the answers , but I'm not reffering to the 10-20 % spike in value , I mean like a complete downfall , lets say for it's price to go down to something like a few $.
I doubt it dear, it is very imposible for bitcoin prices to fall down to a few $, based on  bitcoin prices that have reached $ 6000 now, even if the bitcoin price drops probably only around $ 1500-2000, but it seems like it will take a long time for bitcoin to get back to that price
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:23:28 PM

Yes of course because we all know that the value of bitcoin isn't that stable and as long as it didn't somehow announce that they will have the permanently  value. And also bitcoin isn't that a coin that somehow have its permanent value because the demand of the person of using it continually increasing.

DamCryp

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:28:43 PM

It can loose value, or actually fluctuate in price, we can see old drops like the one mantioned, when the whole Mt. Gox took place, or more recently when China started closing exchanges when we  reached 2900, still we saw a quick bounce back, and reaching current highs which are also ATH, yeah we'll see fluctuations but if you believe in the maxim of a deflationary asset, backed by tech and a strong community you should not panick when seein such sharp drops, if you're in for the long haul remember to BTFD!
Kousei23

Activity: 411
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:39:10 PM

Yepp. We don't know when the bitcoin will rise its value and also we don't know when will it rises. So I think everytime bitcoin rises it also dump anytime. And people might not be aware of that because it is not know by anybody. So that people must learn how to manage income and money so that they will somehow earn eventhough bitcoin value dumps.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████▄▄
░░░░░░░▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄
░░░███▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▀███
░▄██▀░░░░░░░░▀█████████▄░░░░░░░▀██▄
▄██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▌░░░░░░░▐██▄
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███░░░░░░░░▐██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄████▀░░░░░░░░░██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
░▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███▀
░░░░░░░▀███▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀▀

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀
Twitter  Telegram  Reddit  Medium

░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀▀░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀░▌░░░░░░▀▄▄▀▀▀▀░▀▀▄▄░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░▐▄
░░░░░░█░▄▀░█▌▄▄▄░▀▄░█▄▄▄▄▄░▐░█░░░▀▄▄
░░░▄▄▀▀█░░░░▄██░█▌█▄▄▀██▌▄█░▌█░░░░░░▀▄
░▄▀░░░░░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░▐▐░░▀▀░░░░▌█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀▌░░░░░░░█░▌░░░░░░▐█▀░░░░░░░
▐▄░░░░▄▄▀░█░░░░░░▀█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀
░░█▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░▄▀
░▐░░▀▀▄▄░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀░░░░▄▀░░▀▄▀▀
░▐▄░░░░░▀▀▄░░░▀▄▄░░░░▄▄▄▀░░░▄▀▀▄
░░░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░
bitkaboom2

Activity: 150
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:18:15 PM

as we see that the bitcoin is to become popular day by day then how it can lose its value. it is possible but possibility of lose of bit coin value is very low. it not lose its value but will be more valuable.

bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:31:54 PM

For me , yes it holds a possibility but I don't think that it will happen as long as the value circulates. In simple explanation, never just keep on making savings. Make a percentage of your savings which is I think 20% or 30% of your income. The rest is used in buying stuffs and paying bills.

I thing it some time down the bitcoin prices next time it will be increases more prices. So bitcoin is never down. So if need any information check the bitcoin wallet it will give to you for the bitcoin prices. If need more information for bitcoin prices you check the bitcoin market place.
bitcoin market will be give  prices information. So you check the prices then you clear your dow. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:44:03 PM

Hi! In this business, everything can happen which means you can get rich faster and accumulate losses ALL at one instance. The Bitcoin market is highly volatile and can move mountains because of its fluctuation. It is hard to predict but everything -- the rise and drop -- are possible.

Since you are a newbie, better try to read on articles or journals that have a good study on Bitcoins. Rely on a good source of data. All these can help you predict what is going to happen in the market. 
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:02:49 PM

Yes it can happen. Bitcoin, just like any other digital currencies, is volatile in nature.

There have been several sudden downpours in the value of Bitcoin, including the recent 2K decline, but eventually it goes back up again.
I think its important that you learn about the 21 million cap of Bitcoin and its potential for deflation.
There is no chance for this as long as the market is growing bit by bit, users are coming and the price is growing because of the development.
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:26:15 PM

Probably, yes because the moment that there will be no people who will going to invest in bitcoin, the value of it will decrease and decrease until such time that it will lose its value.

There were already people to invest, and there is now. As I said earlier, the divisions will bring the end of Bitcoin. There is a new division. Segwit!
Ups and downs are expected but it is impossible to lose its value completely. People have accepted and are in look for more ease, they have invested their money and are waiting for their profit which is making bitcoin go more up. And in future it may be accepted and recognized by many developed countries and then its era will begin.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:44:10 PM

There are a lot of factors that may make bitcoin's value go down but right now I don't think it will occur. Bitcoin has been recovering from the tragedy that happened with China and we can all see that the value of it has risen higher than ever even after all that happened. If ever a malfunction in the software with bitcoin would occur, maybe it will lose a bit of its value but going to zero is not a thing that may happen with bitcoin anymore right now.
Crypto is totally unpredictable and bitcoin has suffered in past so no one is sure that value will fall or not but one thing is sure that its popularity will be increased day by day and this will be more than awesome and in past price was affected by the rumors also and the incidents are also affecting the value but now I dint think so that investor is childish that it will lose its coins just by hearing a fake news so hope for best.
Open4lies

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:25:28 PM

Yes of course because we all know that the value of bitcoin isn't that stable and as long as it didn't somehow announce that they will have the permanently  value. And also bitcoin isn't that a coin that somehow have its permanent value because the demand of the person of using it continually increasing.
What do you think the main reason make many people want to buy it more when its value always increase recently? In my opinion, I think those who people want to buy more Bitcoin will get more risk. The current price of Bitcoin is really, we should to sell it instead of buy more and holding.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
CisColtz

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:32:02 PM

Well bitcoin has always been on a rollercoaster so I ask you this , do you think it will loose value ? It's up to you to value your bitcoin if you're a long term holder or investor. However bitcoin will continue to fluctuate with the price until the corection will arrive.
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:06:28 PM

Yes, that is always a possibility. Cryptocurrencies are still considered a very risky venture, so be careful about the amount you put in as your initial investment. With that being said, i don't see it losing value in the medium to long term - it might drop off a bit after the 2x fork when people flock back to alts but it'll eventually reach newer and higher ATHs afterwards.

OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:57:01 PM

Yes, that is always a possibility. Cryptocurrencies are still considered a very risky venture, so be careful about the amount you put in as your initial investment. With that being said, i don't see it losing value in the medium to long term - it might drop off a bit after the 2x fork when people flock back to alts but it'll eventually reach newer and higher ATHs afterwards.
As your said, you know the Bitcoin price will decrease after SegWit2x hardfork complete, so, why do you not take advantage that opportunity? Buying now and enjoy the profitable at new ATH price in next hardfork, then sell Bitcoin to take profits and buy back when it dump, the theory is easy Cheesy.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:58:07 PM

In life, anything can happen. Likewise with bitcoin, may will lose its value. However, everything must be have process and necessarily be 0. So, with analysis and information summarized, we can have an idea value of bitcoin for next time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: