Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:48:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35058 times)
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:50:40 AM

I think there is a possibility for the bitcoin to lose it's value but not completely, not right now.Considering the rise and fall or bitcoin price in the market, we will never what and when it will happen.

Bitcoin may lose its value comparing to fiat money, may not, who knows....

But I'm 99% sure that it will lose its value to altcoins in general

First of all, bitcoin is a technology, only after that it is money equivalent. Altcoins are technology as well, and altcoins technology will develop at a faster pase that bitcoin's one

I do believed that bitcoin will only be gone if technology will no longer be useful, and bitcoin users will also be disappear I think that's a sign were bitcoin is going to crash the value down to zero. But as long as the bitcoin users continue using it and investors also investing unto it, the value will continuously rises up in the near future.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 606

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:58:25 AM

no, because bitcoin is legally used in many countries, and its demand is increasing more and more each day, if it lost its value it means that there is no active investor or holder of it, but its impossible right?
Soon majority of the countries will adopt with bitcoin, big countries are already considering or regulating bitcoin and that is good for us since we can be assured that our investment will not be gone in the air. The increase demand which resulted to increase of value are the reason why investors keeps coming to buy and hold, and since many people started to recognize bitcoin as a payment as well, the supply would be low and the demand will rise which is impossible to loss its value at this trend.

Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:16:40 AM

For now bitcoin is hard to lose its value, even bitcoin is getting more popular and its value is increasing compared to last year. But if someday people have left or no longer use bitcoin, it will automatically bitcoin will fall, but whether that's when will occur,we do not know.
Basically No, even the fact that in every currency there is an always value fluctuation. But due to the popularity of bitcoin and its ability to make more money there are many people around the world who has engaging on it and the more people working on, the more it becomes stronger, it is only like a passenger bus that as long as there are passenger then it will continue to operate and then comparing on that situation Bitcoin will continue to work until there are no more people working for it.
Everything have a value in this world and bitcoin have also a value in world as we know that there are a lot of countries who have accepted bitcoin and some of them make bitcoin legal in their count and it all is just because of bitcoin performance so I think everyone they respect bitcoin and even they love and respect bitcoin too.
fedora8

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:54:38 PM

Not due to the fact individuals who want Bitcoin are growing working day by day. If the cost is somewhat down may come about someday
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:14:37 PM

Yes, that is always a possibility. Cryptocurrencies are still considered a very risky venture, so be careful about the amount you put in as your initial investment. With that being said, i don't see it losing value in the medium to long term - it might drop off a bit after the 2x fork when people flock back to alts but it'll eventually reach newer and higher ATHs afterwards.
Even though if comes a case that Bitcoin prices suddenly crash down but it doesn't matter, it will not last long and we will see the graph going up and up. We cant compare bitcoin now with before, community has raised a lot on the last years, big investors around, soo im pretty sure we wont have anything similiar as those cenario that happened with low community and few people with several coins.

Yes its possible because bitcoin really to think has no value at all in real world.Its value is only based on people speculation.So its possible to lose its value and thats the risky part of it.I do agree with julzcoinbit that its sudden crash is lower compared to its potential growth.This is why bitcoin became popular because it started with no value at all and its making an history in terms of crypto world.

That is not true and if you really know what value means, you would not even say that. Value is the importance, worth, or usefulness of something according to the dictionary and asides speculation and the demand which skyrockets the price based on the fact that it can serve as an asset, then from that definition, bitcoin has so much value than you can ever imagine unless you want to tell me now that bitcoin does not have any importance or usefulness, and I might tell you to probably go take the satoshi whitepaper and read incase you missed reading it.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:28:35 PM

no, because bitcoin is legally used in many countries, and its demand is increasing more and more each day, if it lost its value it means that there is no active investor or holder of it, but its impossible right?
Just because bitcoin is legal in many countries does not guarantees about its price will not crash. Look at the oil prices few years ago, they were rising and despite being used by all countries today the price of oil price is dropping. If some countries powerful one decides to ban the cryptocurrencies then it will dent the prices of cryptocurrencies seriously. However there is very low chance of this happening. There are many big financial houses backing and entering the bitcoin business. Countries like Japan have accepted bitcoin and people from the japan are heavily investing in bitcoin. Thus prices are soaring and will remain so in new future. What may happen after that is unknown.
Kokoy

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:56:34 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.

I think this is kinda possible, but in one condition, if there's no one who are willing to work here, cause probably there is no one whos gonna work hard, invest and use the tokens made by the bounties ait will be all a waste , if there is no one who is willing to work here bitcoin might lose its value

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:35:34 AM

Since bitcoins is a worldwide crypto currency,  it's is been used since its origin but it's price are very fluctuactive.  You may not predict what will be next.  Daily new crypto currency are coming with new names and benefits and covering all disadvantages of bitcoins.  Bitcoins is already in tough competition with altcoins.  Bitcoin is continously growing but we never say about future.  May be bitcoin false down in future as fast ot grows same like this it goes down.  As bitcoins is older crypto currency, there may be new alternatives come that will force us to use bitcoin less and may be one day the market clash.  And these precious bitcoin will cost nothing,  so there is nothing predictable.
shunga

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:02:12 AM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?

yes it is possible but not too long but a short period of time. If bitcoin lose it's value i think many people can lost a job that bitcoin is the one to support them and it is not easy to them to survive except to the bitcoin user who save more for the past this year maybe they can survive without bitcoin. some people, bitcoin is their hope to make their life complete and it hard to them to lose it, right. So that we should not lose our hope to bitcoin as long as we believe bitcoin, bitcoin continuing to serve us.

●    D A F Z O    ●   A DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL P2P LOGISTICS PLATFORM   ●    D A F Z O    ●
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TelegramFacebookTwitterWhitePaperANNOnePagerYoutubeMediumLinkedIn
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:15:20 AM

For now bitcoin is hard to lose its value, even bitcoin is getting more popular and its value is increasing compared to last year. But if someday people have left or no longer use bitcoin, it will automatically bitcoin will fall, but whether that's when will occur,we do not know.
For that reason definitely the price will fall down. It is a common sense. When one thing is not used by anyone around the corner, why it is going it? Absolutely that will just come to an end and demolish. Same will happen with bitcoin, if someday, unfortunately, bitcoin will just fall down the reason will be only one, and no user of bitcoin remained attached with bitcoin anymore.
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:52:36 AM

I think nothing is impossible, bitcoin can lose its value if users in the world don't exist or all users in the world already don't trust bitcoin as a virtual currency that can be profitable for them.
For now, bitcoin will not lose its value, as more and more bitcoin users are now showing a more positive side so bitcoin gets stronger.
My view, bitcoin for the next 5 years remains triumphant.

richkellj

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:15:54 AM

Yes of course because we all know that the value of bitcoin isn't that stable and as long as it didn't somehow announce that they will have the permanently  value. And also bitcoin isn't that a coin that somehow have its permanent value because the demand of the person of using it continually increasing.
Well i think that ups and downs are part of all currencies , it may lose its price for a while but it will then boast up and cross its early worth even , more people are favoring its ease and are getting involved into crypto. So , its hard even to predict that whether it will come down or not .
You can expect anything to happen in the future. No one out of us exactly knows this thing that what is going to happen in the coming days. There are chances that bitcoin will lose its value but the thing is that depreciation in the value be quite temporary in nature and it will regain dominance and that in a short span of time. Bitcoin is the best thing we can have in our lives.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:42:07 AM

Basically No, even the fact that in every currency there is an always value fluctuation. But due to the popularity of bitcoin and its ability to make more money there are many people around the world who has engaging on it and the more people working on, the more it becomes stronger, it is only like a passenger bus that as long as there are passenger then it will continue to operate and then comparing on that situation Bitcoin will continue to work until there are no more people working for it.
Everything have a value in this world and bitcoin have also a value in world as we know that there are a lot of countries who have accepted bitcoin and some of them make bitcoin legal in their count and it all is just because of bitcoin performance so I think everyone they respect bitcoin and even they love and respect bitcoin too.
You are right the bitcoin has the large value than the other currencies, in the future all the people will use the bitcoin only and the income of the bitcoin will get more high so it is the time to buy the bitcoin and not to lose the temper and wait till the long time top buy more bitcoin and you will be the rich person for the bitcoin and the value will be high in the future.
phuclzu12

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:01:26 PM

You are right the bitcoin has the large value than the other currencies, in the future all the people will use the bitcoin only and the income of the bitcoin will get more high so it is the time to buy the bitcoin and not to lose the temper and wait till the long time top buy more bitcoin and you will be the rich person for the bitcoin and the value will be high in the future.
Can you tell me the reason we need to use Bitcoin in future? I do not know Bitcoin will be important to make us need to use us for daily. Although when I need to transfer money to other countries, Bitcoin can helps me do that easilier than FIAT, but for daily life, I think Bitcoin never pass FIAT.
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:36:05 PM

It is possible for bitcoin to lose its value and there will eventually be a plateau point or peak. Where that point is could be anywhere from right now $7k to 1m+ bitcoin. We dont really know the end range

quite yet but you can be sure it will gain and lose value all the way up until then.

serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:01:26 AM

It is possible for bitcoin to lose its value and there will eventually be a plateau point or peak. Where that point is could be anywhere from right now $7k to 1m+ bitcoin. We dont really know the end range

quite yet but you can be sure it will gain and lose value all the way up until then.

I do agree that when bitcoin reach the full saturation level point, there is a tendency that Bitcoin to lose its value.  Another thing is when the demand for Bitcoin gets weaker and the supply (people who are selling) gets stronger.  The law of supply and demand will kick in on this.  More supply means lower price and more demand means higher price.  And as Bitcoin goes up in price, volatility will keep on kicking in.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:11:22 AM

I'd say it's not possible for bitcoin to lose its value.
We are not oblivious of the fact that there are times when there are downfall in the value of bitcoin but then, looking at the chart from previous years,  we realize that no matter how severe the downfall, bitcoin has always recover.
So if bitcoin does lose value, it's only for a while cause I'm sure it will recover.

daniel08

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:23:58 AM

Yes its possible for bitcoin to lose its value but not too long , it is just a matter time. When i am new to bitcoin its value was too low its about when convert it to our own currency its only 15k pesos. But when years past by the value of bitcoin gets higher and higher. There is a time that the value of bitcoin goes down , but eventually it will be back again to gain much higher value than before. And i think before this year ends the value of bitcoin when converted to our currency will be at 500k pesos.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
krisnt80

Activity: 729

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:57:33 AM

Bitcoin has a lot speculation around it as well big investors, but as in the past a lot people dreaming to see bitcoin under the current value something that had happend for a while and well i doubt we will see ever again bitcoin lower then 4000 dollars and i dont believe it will drop to 5000 dollars, even being a more agressive fork coming, i dont see people are more afraid of it, looks like each bitcoin fork has becamed an bounty and free money giveaway.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 02:13:20 AM

Yes. It is possible for Bitcoin to lose it's value because it is a community driven asset the same as fiat money but if you are referring to literally like no value as in zero then it might take maybe hundreds of years depending on what is the cause of the said downfall. Bitcoins price is so volatile so we could expect the sudden up's and down's of it's price in the market. The Bitcoin community is too strong so I don't think if the said downfall will continue to dip because majority of cryptocurrency community supports Bitcoin so it will probably bounce back anytime after the plummet. But yeah whatever happens to it's price whether up or down always remember that it will always be beneficial to each and everyone of us in this cryptocurrency world.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: