Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:09:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35054 times)
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:04:24 PM

Yes, that is always a possibility. Cryptocurrencies are still considered a very risky venture, so be careful about the amount you put in as your initial investment. With that being said, i don't see it losing value in the medium to long term - it might drop off a bit after the 2x fork when people flock back to alts but it'll eventually reach newer and higher ATHs afterwards.
Even though if comes a case that Bitcoin prices suddenly crash down but it doesn't matter, it will not last long and we will see the graph going up and up. We cant compare bitcoin now with before, community has raised a lot on the last years, big investors around, soo im pretty sure we wont have anything similiar as those cenario that happened with low community and few people with several coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MommyElsa

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:18:57 PM

In life, anything can happen. Likewise with bitcoin, may will lose its value. However, everything must be have process and necessarily be 0. So, with analysis and information summarized, we can have an idea value of bitcoin for next time.

That is true, anything can happen, this comment makes me think that i need to do something with my investment and be careful because anything can happen.

🥤🧊🥤🧊        ONLINE SOCIAL COMMUNICATION & DATING APK         🧊🥤🧊🥤
Semaj123

Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:31:19 AM

Yes, that is always a possibility. Cryptocurrencies are still considered a very risky venture, so be careful about the amount you put in as your initial investment. With that being said, i don't see it losing value in the medium to long term - it might drop off a bit after the 2x fork when people flock back to alts but it'll eventually reach newer and higher ATHs afterwards.
Even though if comes a case that Bitcoin prices suddenly crash down but it doesn't matter, it will not last long and we will see the graph going up and up. We cant compare bitcoin now with before, community has raised a lot on the last years, big investors around, soo im pretty sure we wont have anything similiar as those cenario that happened with low community and few people with several coins.

Yes its possible because bitcoin really to think has no value at all in real world.Its value is only based on people speculation.So its possible to lose its value and thats the risky part of it.I do agree with julzcoinbit that its sudden crash is lower compared to its potential growth.This is why bitcoin became popular because it started with no value at all and its making an history in terms of crypto world.
Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:39:20 AM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.

I think bitcoin will loss it's value if their is a time of Chaos like world wars in which the battle will be nuke vs nuke and we all knew that nuclear weapon is capable to wipe out everything including bitcoin. During the war it is impossible to use the bitcoin because of internet is shutdown, establishments will be destroyed and communication will be cut off by these bitcoin will be possibly zero value in which fiat and gold will be the most important like during word war I and II.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:51:10 AM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?

I think bitcoin will loss it's value if their is a time of Chaos like world wars in which the battle will be nuke vs nuke and we all knew that nuclear weapon is capable to wipe out everything including bitcoin. During the war it is impossible to use the bitcoin because of internet is shutdown, establishments will be destroyed and communication will be cut off by these bitcoin will be possibly zero value in which fiat and gold will be the most important like during word war I and II.
Maybe but that could be the end of our world, we should think on a more realistic reasons why bitcoin will end.
My guess is if there will be a massive ban for bitcoin then for sure people will be afraid to use it, bitcoin will stay as it's just a system but the value will surely depreciate, it rise this high because we supported it, without support, it's nothing.

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:51:20 AM

On the contrary i think bitcoin will rather gain more value during a world war or something like that because a lot of people will not be able to move funds around and there will be the demand of virtual currencies which cannot be stolen or double spent like bitcoin even though electricity and other factors could be a problem but if you manage to get into the city centers i bet people will prefer to save their assets in bitcoins.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:21:37 AM

Yes it is possible especially if those people who support upon it is gone. Bitcoin is unpredictable so it is hard fpr us to foresight on what will happen on it in the future. Yes bitcoin could go back into its price way back 2009 but I can assure that it will never be zero value.
Yes, you’re right, it is possible, and that possibility lies in the hands of the Bitcoin community. The developers has no say on whether it will have value or not, they don’t. We the users are the ones that has the final say, we can even drive the market to move whichever direction we want it; we can decide to withdraw or invest and no one questions us for every move we make.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 07:26:06 AM

On the contrary i think bitcoin will rather gain more value during a world war or something like that because a lot of people will not be able to move funds around and there will be the demand of virtual currencies which cannot be stolen or double spent like bitcoin even though electricity and other factors could be a problem but if you manage to get into the city centers i bet people will prefer to save their assets in bitcoins.

I'm curious if you understand what a world war actually means

It means an instant breakdown of Internet or any other means of communication beyond field radio sets or whatever the military use. In fact, they will be the first to bring down any means of communication between people (say, cell phones or wireless networks) unless nuclear strikes would do that before them. So I can't really fathom how there can be any demand for virtual currencies if such events are going happen. Ammo will be your primary currency then and likely gold coins. And in case of a real full-fledged world war, your only desire would be to survive, Bitcoin will be the last thing you would think of and care about if it should occur for real

Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:58:50 AM

Of course it is possible, this is because bitcoin is decentralized so when the majority of users run away from bitcoin it automatically drop bitcoin value, but I'm sure this will not happen any time soon because bitcoin is still very popular.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:20:44 AM

There are a lot of factors that may make bitcoin's value go down but right now I don't think it will occur. Bitcoin has been recovering from the tragedy that happened with China and we can all see that the value of it has risen higher than ever even after all that happened. If ever a malfunction in the software with bitcoin would occur, maybe it will lose a bit of its value but going to zero is not a thing that may happen with bitcoin anymore right now.
Crypto is totally unpredictable and bitcoin has suffered in past so no one is sure that value will fall or not but one thing is sure that its popularity will be increased day by day and this will be more than awesome and in past price was affected by the rumors also and the incidents are also affecting the value but now I dint think so that investor is childish that it will lose its coins just by hearing a fake news so hope for best.

Maybe bitcoin has really suffered in the past but lets hope for a bright future and a very high value of bitcoins in the future so we can earn more profit. There are a lot of positive speculation for bitcoins price to increase so i think that the value will really increase in the future.

alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:59:11 AM

I think's everythings you said is possible that bitcoin loss its value if all the investor Loss their support or withdraw all their asset.but as of now its blurred to happen co'z  the value of bitcoin is still increasing in the market,and many millionare celebrity, buy a stock in bitcoin,like boxing champion mayweather invest his asset in ethereum.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:16:06 AM

Bitcoin has some chances of decrease in its value in coming years but it has also happened many times before and bitcoin has already recovered it value and is still the most valued digital currency in the digital market. Even if bitcoin experiences a downfall in the future it will always recover it value again and will be stable but mostly it will not happen as bitcoin is a big revolution in the world of digital currency now and many people in the world have started investing in it and many people are supporting it to remain stable.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:22:57 AM

according to my personal experience in future it is not possible that bicoin will lose their value because from the start to present day bitcoin performance is increasing day by day and every thing has difficulty in start but now bitcoin is become very famous through out the whole world and now large number of people are investing in bitcoin and investing in bitcoin so we can expect that bitcoin will be very high rate in future.
nkarm1

Activity: 306

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:35:47 AM

Yes it is possible, but unlikely wont go back down as long as demand is growing and right now it is becoming more famous because of amazing stories that we hear from it. So remove your worries, because bitcoin will continue its bullish trend for a long time  The fall back will only happened when it is not usable and issues are big enough for us to shift into another alternatives.
Pasabm

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:40:48 AM

For now bitcoin is hard to lose its value, even bitcoin is getting more popular and its value is increasing compared to last year. But if someday people have left or no longer use bitcoin, it will automatically bitcoin will fall, but whether that's when will occur,we do not know.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:51:50 AM

it is impossible now that bitcoin reduce the value,core reason is that bitcoin demand going increase individuals and financial organisations going to invest in it because it is safe and secure way.Bitcoin have stable bright future will secure you financially,as per law of demand more demand prices will high and one who invested in early days and still they hold will get handsome profit.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:24:59 AM

it is impossible now that bitcoin reduce the value,core reason is that bitcoin demand going increase individuals and financial organisations going to invest in it because it is safe and secure way.Bitcoin have stable bright future will secure you financially,as per law of demand more demand prices will high and one who invested in early days and still they hold will get handsome profit.
yes i agree maybe today bitcoin is really on top and we can see it really work.but i think everything may happen on it because no government responsible in bitcoin.it maybe loose its value but i think it need to count a lot of years or maybe a decade because bitcoin today is verry helpful and everyone really like it as thier number one source of extra income.i believe  bitcoin will still survive .
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:46:18 AM

Yes it can happen. Bitcoin, just like any other digital currencies, is volatile in nature.

There have been several sudden downpours in the value of Bitcoin, including the recent 2K decline, but eventually it goes back up again.
I think its important that you learn about the 21 million cap of Bitcoin and its potential for deflation.
Anything can happen in future. You never know what exactly is going to happen in the coming days. As far as I think, the way bitcoin is making progress and is earning this much of fame and reputation, it is really a difficult thing for bitcoin to lose its value. In fact, it is just the start of an era of bitcoin. Bitcoin will keep on gaining more reputation and its value will increase with each passing day.
misterj

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:04:55 PM

In my opinion, we can't say that it cannot lose its value but we must consider small probability that it could because of maybe some external factors like if ever some group of businessman or all of them agreed to put a petition to hold bitcoin or do something about it like closing the market that accredit its value or even the applications. Calamity could also affect its value that it might cause it to go zero. I believe that there are other factors that we should look at or be aware about but for now as long as bitcoin is increasing and looking good in its condition, invest as much and sell as much.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
xebecstyx

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:07:44 PM

Bitcoin lost %80 of its value after the GoX crash in late 2013. People panic sold their coins in despair. The price fell from over 1k$ to as low as 200$ in time. The recovery took very long time but those who hold their coins won the jackpot. Even the top buyers made at east %100 profits since then.

Can bitcoin lose its value? Yes. Only for a time.

In the long run, there will be a recovery as always.

The Solution: If you won't be able to deal with the pain of holding bitcoins for long years, only hold the amount you can afford to lose.

I agree that it can lose its value. There are certainly several market trends that may affect its value negatively. It also has been proven many times how its value can crash down; however, fortunately, more and more people are beginning to appreciate and realize the potential of bitcoin, not only as a currency to be used as a means to transact and purchase, but its overall capacity to have an effect in the global trading block. However, we should be aware that there will come a time that its value would be fixed and would not go exponentially higher like what's happening now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: