Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:24:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35058 times)
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:08:44 AM

no, because bitcoin is legally used in many countries, and its demand is increasing more and more each day, if it lost its value it means that there is no active investor or holder of it, but its impossible right?
Yes definitely it is nearly impossible. When you are coming in this bitcoin world, may be you didn’t know anything about it. But now, hope so you are well aware of the bitcoin and its importance and all that. Like this, bitcoins are made for creating all the markets fantastically growing in economics field. And succeeded so now, it is nearly impossible for such happening.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:58:37 AM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.
Bitcoin lost more that half of its value in late 2013. Can bitcoin lost its value? Yes, but it is only for short time. Bitcoin will never lost its value for permanent time.
Bitcoin lost that much of a value as a result of some occurrencies back then and the fact that so many people panicked. However, if it does not have value at all, then it wont even be back to this point today. I agree with you with the definition of the lost in value and we all know it is still possible even with the recent happenings with China but some of these things are factors that can cause some quick dumps which as it is does not take much time before we see people hopping back in.
mikchail

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:30:57 AM

Not because folks who want Bitcoin are growing day by working day. If the value is slightly down may possibly come about sometime
Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:54:34 AM

Not because folks who want Bitcoin are growing day by working day. If the value is slightly down may possibly come about sometime
Why no ? The question here is it possible ? So basically there's a possibilities to lose its value but not to loose into probably zero price. It will just recover up in time but will took it long for it to recover and overtake the price from the time its down.
appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:04:05 AM

Nothing is impossible mostly here in the cryptoworld since this is a decentralized marketplace. Bitcoin as of today has a high value compared to its value earlier this year but that doesn't mean its status will no longer go down, in investing there are three scenarios that you should acquaint yourself with these are the rise, maintain and fall. If you can handle these three scenarios then your good to go with this kind of ecosystem.

cryptoon007

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:52:26 AM

It's possible for Bitcoin to lose its value but the chances of that happening are very slim due to Its popularity. It's like asking if gold would lose its value. The more popular you are, the more value you have.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:17:52 AM

For now bitcoin is hard to lose its value, even bitcoin is getting more popular and its value is increasing compared to last year. But if someday people have left or no longer use bitcoin, it will automatically bitcoin will fall, but whether that's when will occur,we do not know.
Yes for sure the value and the price of the bitcoin value and the price will be more than this till the end of the year they will get the huge income in the coming days and the it will help all the people to buy the bitcoin and hold for the long time because all the people are buying and this is the reason why the value and the importance of the bitcoin is increasing more and more for me as well I love the bitcoin and the price of the bitcoin.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 05:42:16 AM

Basically you are doubting cryptocurrency as a short wave that could be abandoned by the community when the time has come? Let me you tell you even bitcoin dies, the cryptocurrency industry would always be there no matter what, there would be no barriers when internet and blockchain are well-known and WOULD be EXPLOIT and ENHANCED as time goes. Eventually other potential coins would replace BTC in no time, so basically btc dies? ETH, BBC, dash would take over it.

Lorna t

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:44:17 AM

:)is it possible to lose the bitcoin?? How you are!!
I think sometimes bitcoin may lose value because it's not fair all the time there's also rising value ,it also decreases of it's value. And thers a saying weather, weather! A forecast.. And in that way the value of it drops the people who works here in bitcoin because they drop their bitcoin value and do not know when to go down just as well as a rising and rising also.
Soo bitcoin does not lose value because of this we live a good way and much help bitcoin to us....
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:00:26 AM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?

I think bitcoin will loss it's value if their is a time of Chaos like world wars in which the battle will be nuke vs nuke and we all knew that nuclear weapon is capable to wipe out everything including bitcoin. During the war it is impossible to use the bitcoin because of internet is shutdown, establishments will be destroyed and communication will be cut off by these bitcoin will be possibly zero value in which fiat and gold will be the most important like during word war I and II.
Maybe but that could be the end of our world, we should think on a more realistic reasons why bitcoin will end.
My guess is if there will be a massive ban for bitcoin then for sure people will be afraid to use it, bitcoin will stay as it's just a system but the value will surely depreciate, it rise this high because we supported it, without support, it's nothing.
Massive ban for bitcoin all over the world and the community shivering towards it would definitely cause a lot of chaos and dumps. However, what are the chances that every country in the whole world would come up together to ban bitcoin, I do not see the possibility of that.

The community, acceptance by the people is what makes bitcoin what it is today and banning it will not solve any problem as long as at the end I still find someone who is willing to do an exchange with me at the value I am holding it, makes it useful and worthy to use.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:50:26 AM

Basically you are doubting cryptocurrency as a short wave that could be abandoned by the community when the time has come? Let me you tell you even bitcoin dies, the cryptocurrency industry would always be there no matter what, there would be no barriers when internet and blockchain are well-known and WOULD be EXPLOIT and ENHANCED as time goes. Eventually other potential coins would replace BTC in no time, so basically btc dies? ETH, BBC, dash would take over it.

Probably, the bitcoin may suddenly lose its value but I believed that it is just for a short period of time and may regain its value after that and also it never comes to my mind that the bitcoin may abondon by the community so easily. You are also have a point that the cryptocurrency would be there no matter what maybe if the bitcoin lose its value people may find the second best altcoin to invest and will certainly return to bitcoin after it regain its value

qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:02:54 AM

Probably, the bitcoin may suddenly lose its value but I believed that it is just for a short period of time and may regain its value after that and also it never comes to my mind that the bitcoin may abondon by the community so easily. You are also have a point that the cryptocurrency would be there no matter what maybe if the bitcoin lose its value people may find the second best altcoin to invest and will certainly return to bitcoin after it regain its value

Definitely right. Like you said, it may lose its value especially if investors/people does not utilize it as payment. Also, if they do not see it as currency, it will eventually lead to a drop in its price, slowly losing its value over time. Though it may seem impossible, we must also consider that there is always that chance of happening in the future. But by basing its price currently, I say that it may be impossible for the time being, as its price is continuous rising despite the recent news of having forks by this month. It may even reach $10,000 by next year if this continues.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:32:30 AM

For now bitcoin is hard to lose its value, even bitcoin is getting more popular and its value is increasing compared to last year. But if someday people have left or no longer use bitcoin, it will automatically bitcoin will fall, but whether that's when will occur,we do not know.
Basically No, even the fact that in every currency there is an always value fluctuation. But due to the popularity of bitcoin and its ability to make more money there are many people around the world who has engaging on it and the more people working on, the more it becomes stronger, it is only like a passenger bus that as long as there are passenger then it will continue to operate and then comparing on that situation Bitcoin will continue to work until there are no more people working for it.
Everything have a value in this world and bitcoin have also a value in world as we know that there are a lot of countries who have accepted bitcoin and some of them make bitcoin legal in their count and it all is just because of bitcoin performance so I think everyone they respect bitcoin and even they love and respect bitcoin too.
You are right the bitcoin has the large value than the other currencies, in the future all the people will use the bitcoin only and the income of the bitcoin will get more high so it is the time to buy the bitcoin and not to lose the temper and wait till the long time top buy more bitcoin and you will be the rich person for the bitcoin and the value will be high in the future.
There is no such kind of possibility that bitcoin will lose its value and more of it bitcoin is so popular nowadays that everyone is preferring to use this coin and this coin is really beneficial for whole mankind and more to it bitcoin has impact on people lives and more regions are accepting it just because of its blessing and in future bitcoin will be very essential for daily need so buying now will give ease at that time.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:33:22 AM

It's possible for Bitcoin to lose its value but the chances of that happening are very slim due to Its popularity. It's like asking if gold would lose its value. The more popular you are, the more value you have.

Popularity is not useless, but what is important is usability. Gold is not only valuable because it is popular.
Electronics and Computers, Dentistry and Medicine, Aerospace are using gold.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:35:14 PM

It is really hard right now and even government worldwide are beginning to see that. Could have ended up having no value far back as at 2009 but the fact that some people believed in it and then bought into it gave it some value at that stage.

Otherwise, it could have just ended up being a dead end. And then over time, we started seeing exchanges and people started seeing it as a form of currency which ended up increasing the value and people were ready to buy even more when they realized the demand will increase for it over time and hence increase the value/price. At this stage like you have said, with the huge support, hardly can the value drop.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:08:25 PM

Its not possible untill November. Few predict btc would have a price fall after this hard fork happens in this month. Lets look forward for a positive node. As a bitcoin user, everyone expects that either the price should increase or should stand still. None likes bitcoin price go down.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:15:16 PM

Yeah,I think it is possible for the Bitcoin to lose it's value anytime.Bitcoin is a business. Although Bitcoin is a profitable business, it lose it's value sometime.Because, it is not so much popular like gold,computer etc.For this reason,it is possible to lose bitcoin's value

Renampun

Activity: 2338
Merit: 365

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 04:26:22 PM

I think it's no longer possible, Bitcoin prices will not likely go back 5 or 6 years ago,
Bitcoin is getting popular so this is causing its price to keep increasing...

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Emmaemir2020

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:28:22 PM

BITCOIN can never lose it value it will rather appreciate
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:45:04 PM

I think yes it can be possible if its value start draining then people will not show interest in bitcoins and it can go more down like it happened before 6,7years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: