Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:57:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Denarius [D] - First "Tribus" PoW/PoS Hybrid Masternodes, Ring Sigs  (Read 504215 times)
enkayz

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

hashbag.cc

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 03:34:54 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 01:39:27 AM by enkayz

Thanks for all your kind words on the white paper @all

Just wanted to make a post to say that hashbag.cc only has 1 week left of 0% fee mining, come move over now to take advantage!

Payout schedule is now once per 2 hours! Happy hashing to all Smiley

If you haven't yet, pick up the new 2.2 ccminer which offers a 10% hashrate improvement. The zip file is in the OP.

hashbag.cc - where do you put your hash? region based stratums available now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2044808.new

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oldschoolgamer

Activity: 140

your damned if you do, your damned if you dont lol

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:57:01 AM

Ive tried to get into this coin , its a nice wallet and i like a new algo that cannot be rented , has potential . Although im done with it now Sad .. it saddens me to see that 1 entity is taking 80% or so of the network and manipulating it to their favour because they have such a stupidly massive gpu farm .
   Its Nice to try n solo it on a smallish rig and see 10 blocks get solved within 30 seconds in the time it should take 1 block ... then see it locked up for a period as diff goes high ........... just to see it unlocked and 20 more blocks get smashed again within a minute .

Seems to me some miner is making sure he gets 80% of the coins , you cant rent this algorithm but its not stopping this sort of activity , some may say oh thats just a pool , if its a pool they are strategically stopping and starting insane hashrates periodically to thier own benefit and kinda ruining it for other miners . Anyhow if you were not aware of this from an investors perspective , heed my warning ... its quite likely your lining the pockets of 1 friggin huge miner while everyone one else mining with little things outside a pool has no friggin chance and it is just part of thier game . I thought crypto was supoosed to be decentralised ... i guarantee this is not .

I am done with coin , sorry to say this but it is the reality of it .

TOO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES!!!   buy any shitcoin today double your money tomorrow Tongue ol crypto woes
Dont leave coins in Bter exchange ...they are straight up thieves and dont even reply when your coins disappear Sad
enkayz

hashbag.cc

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 04:42:06 AM

Ive tried to get into this coin , its a nice wallet and i like a new algo that cannot be rented , has potential . Although im done with it now Sad .. it saddens me to see that 1 entity is taking 80% or so of the network and manipulating it to their favour because they have such a stupidly massive gpu farm .
   Its Nice to try n solo it on a smallish rig and see 10 blocks get solved within 30 seconds in the time it should take 1 block ... then see it locked up for a period as diff goes high ........... just to see it unlocked and 20 more blocks get smashed again within a minute .

Seems to me some miner is making sure he gets 80% of the coins , you cant rent this algorithm but its not stopping this sort of activity , some may say oh thats just a pool , if its a pool they are strategically stopping and starting insane hashrates periodically to thier own benefit and kinda ruining it for other miners . Anyhow if you were not aware of this from an investors perspective , heed my warning ... its quite likely your lining the pockets of 1 friggin huge miner while everyone one else mining with little things outside a pool has no friggin chance and it is just part of thier game . I thought crypto was supoosed to be decentralised ... i guarantee this is not .

I am done with coin , sorry to say this but it is the reality of it .

In regard to the hash rate estimation procedure - there is no massive miner going on and off the farm every 30 seconds, what is happening is the hash rate of the previous block is displayed based on the difficulty of the block previous. This allows Denarius to retarget the difficulty every single block to prevent large miners coming onto the network and smashing out blocks, as if someone comes on with 50Gh/sec of hashing power, the difficulty will jump instantly; as opposed to other coins which take many blocks to retarget the difficulty and display a network hash rate based upon the average of those previous blocks, allowing large farms to jump on and mine many blocks and then jump off when the difficulty actually starts rising.

You can get a more averaged hash rate by dividing the reported hash rate by the block difficulty e.g. 250GH/sec / 1747 =

DNR 86274 - diff 1747.956333872 hash 250247.176
DNR 86275 - diff 473.845110998 hash 67838.309
DNR 86276 - diff 1122.264795224 hash 160669.686
DNR 86277 - diff 2104.246491046  hash 301255.662

In reality you are looking at a sustained hash rate of:
250247/1747*1000 = 143Gh/sec
67838/473*1000 = 143Gh/sec
160669/1122*1000 = 143Gh/sec
301255/2104 = 143Gh/sec

So please don't be discouraged by the hash rate report, it is simply a side effect of the unique difficulty retargeting system deployed by Denarius which will protect from things such as a 51% attack, in combination with PoS blocks which occur at least once every 15 blocks, effectively disabling the ability to chain blocks past coinbase maturity.

hashbag.cc - where do you put your hash? region based stratums available now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2044808.new
kawaiicrypto

Activity: 192
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:10:15 AM

Just checked the last 24 hours worth of blocktimes.. Average blocktime: 29 seconds.

Mrtree420

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:36:28 AM

Am super later but i haven't been around too long as well so it's new to me, anyway downloaded the wallet it works great and picked up a few coins. Even after this small drop am holding on. I see the 50+ pages of the post of hard working to make everything work as smooth as it has for me as a noob. The faucet is great as well. Not too sure how the messaging part of the wallet works Huh Do you just send the message to you wallet address if so anyone willing to message me feel free DCoDovhA4oGYP5WURabshhj2iE7FP7bqX4  Tongue I run my wallet 24 hours
tamer3

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 02:29:52 PM

This coin will be like Pascal coin
New algorithm
The volume of exchange is low
The lucky ones are buying at this time

hugobord

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:37:43 PM

New algorithm

I am thinking about buying some more, but whole market seems to be correcting so not sure about that one.

Anyways daily ups and downs don't really matter, we are there for the long haul anyways.
tamer3

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 02:50:53 PM

New algorithm

I am thinking about buying some more, but whole market seems to be correcting so not sure about that one.

Anyways daily ups and downs don't really matter, we are there for the long haul anyways.
So am I
I will wait until the end of this year

Bones972

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 03:19:06 PM

A few quick questions....

1) What type of OC work best for this coin?  Memory like Eth or Core like Zcash?

2) Is there a requirement for cards?  Like on Eth where 2Gb cards will no longer work?

3) If the above is a no... then anyone have hash rates on lower end cards like 1050's, 1050ti's or RX 550's and 460's?  
(I found the listing for 1060 and above but nothing on lower end cards)

4) Is there a calculator out there to show how many coins/Mhs?

I am running it on my main PC not one of my mining rigs using a GTX 1060 3gb and getting 26-27Mh.  
Just wondering what some of the lower end cards will get.  I sold off my Rx 470's and 480's a few weeks ago and changed from Eth and have a few systems lying around that I might toss a few cheap cards in to run on this coin if they are worth it...

Thanks guys!

kingcarsen (OP)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 369

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 05:22:01 PM

1) What type of OC work best for this coin?  Memory like Eth or Core like Zcash?

2) Is there a requirement for cards?  Like on Eth where 2Gb cards will no longer work?

3) If the above is a no... then anyone have hash rates on lower end cards like 1050's, 1050ti's or RX 550's and 460's?  

I am running it on my main PC not one of my mining rigs using a GTX 1060 3gb and getting 26-27Mh.  
Just wondering what some of the lower end cards will get.  I sold off my Rx 470's and 480's a few weeks ago and changed from Eth and have a few systems lying around that I might toss a few cheap cards in to run on this coin if they are worth it...

Thanks guys!

1) Core
2) You can use any AMD or NVIDIA GPU, there is no memory requirement
3) Join us in the Gitter/Slack and ask around, lots of miners there to help you out Cool (Same with the forums at https://denariustalk.org)
4) https://whattomine.com/coins/187-dnr-tribus
vikingchild

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:21:50 PM

New algorithm

So am I

Oh most definitely! Denarius is one of the best coins to come out in a very, very long time. Not holding this is a bit mistake if you ask me. It will blow up in the future, give it time.
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 06:46:18 PM

Just an update Denarius [DNR] on CoinMarketCap is now updated to included our Cryptopia listing

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/denarius-dnr/
mjk37

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:32:33 PM

Just an update Denarius [DNR] on CoinMarketCap is now updated to included our Cryptopia listing

Great news should help bring more awareness to this amazing project!
tamer3

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 07:43:20 PM

Dear developer
You are doing a great job
Your project progresses to steady steps

Werdi

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:48:51 PM

about POS: from 1 DNR i recive 0.00003 DNR
the.vlado

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:09:16 PM

New algorithm

So am I

Oh most definitely! Denarius is one of the best coins to come out in a very, very long time. Not holding this is a bit mistake if you ask me. It will blow up in the future, give it time.

Now I am asking my self why did you write that it is the best new coin?
Do not take me wrong, I am interested in this coin. I am mining it. But when I look at other coins except Tribus algorithm I don't see anything revolutionary to call it the best. This is maybe harsh, but I am trying to be realistic with my investment.

Here are good few things that I see in this coin:
- I am amazed how everything is developed with such a speed. (hmm...this has nothing to do with coin, but that is still my biggest impression Smiley )
- Tribus algorithm is really interesting, ASIC resistant with Low power consumption. I like it.
- 6% POS sounds interesting. No need for introducing Master nodes (they are now interesting to people Smiley )
- Speed of transactions? But are they really fast. I have to wait when I transfer coins to exchanges. And now we have low number of coins.
- POW and later POS is also interesting concept, but again, nothing new
- Denarius community is very active and really have will and passion that you can almost feel.

Here are few concerns that I have for now about the coin:
- What is niche for this token? I can see that focus is now on exchanges. We all know that price of coin will increase if demand for it is increased. But should demand be produced in exchanges or by some practical usage of coins. Real challenge is to find a real life case where coin can be used, except exchanges. All this now is only speculation. I am hoping that coin is not created just to be traded on exchanges. If purpose of this coin is only POW, POS and exchanges then this coin is same as others, only with different makeup. I know that it is really a big challenge to convince someone to adopt coin. If you succeed in that then for sure you will have demand and off course increased coin value.
- Is this coin and all other products really developed by one person? If yes, you have my bow to the ground. But, that is also double blade. Who wants to invest in coin that is developed, maintained and guided by one person?

All this is written with current information that I have collected from this and official forum. I am still not on Slack and Gitter, so maybe I am missing some of the information or I don't have a full picture about this coin.

If I wrote something wrong, please correct me. I am always willing to learn and read something new.
Thank you. Smiley

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Bones972

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 09:10:54 PM

Thanks guys!

1) Core
3) Join us in the Gitter/Slack and ask around, lots of miners there to help you out Cool (Same with the forums at https://denariustalk.org)

Thanks for the answers!!!

The calculator on Whattomine is WAY off from what I am actually getting?  I did see that it is listed in Kh/s and not Mh/s but even adding a 0 at the end still doesn't fix it.

kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 09:51:42 PM

New algorithm

So am I

Now I am asking my self why did you write that it is the best new coin?
Do not take me wrong, I am interested in this coin. I am mining it. But when I look at other coins except Tribus algorithm I don't see anything revolutionary to call it the best. This is maybe harsh, but I am trying to be realistic with my investment.

Here are good few things that I see in this coin:
- I am amazed how everything is developed with such a speed. (hmm...this has nothing to do with coin, but that is still my biggest impression Smiley )
- Tribus algorithm is really interesting, ASIC resistant with Low power consumption. I like it.
- 6% POS sounds interesting. No need for introducing Master nodes (they are now interesting to people Smiley )
- Speed of transactions? But are they really fast. I have to wait when I transfer coins to exchanges. And now we have low number of coins.
- POW and later POS is also interesting concept, but again, nothing new
- Denarius community is very active and really have will and passion that you can almost feel.

Here are few concerns that I have for now about the coin:
- What is niche for this token? I can see that focus is now on exchanges. We all know that price of coin will increase if demand for it is increased. But should demand be produced in exchanges or by some practical usage of coins. Real challenge is to find a real life case where coin can be used, except exchanges. All this now is only speculation. I am hoping that coin is not created just to be traded on exchanges. If purpose of this coin is only POW, POS and exchanges then this coin is same as others, only with different makeup. I know that it is really a big challenge to convince someone to adopt coin. If you succeed in that then for sure you will have demand and off course increased coin value.
- Is this coin and all other products really developed by one person? If yes, you have my bow to the ground. But, that is also double blade. Who wants to invest in coin that is developed, maintained and guided by one person?

All this is written with current information that I have collected from this and official forum. I am still not on Slack and Gitter, so maybe I am missing some of the information or I don't have a full picture about this coin.

If I wrote something wrong, please correct me. I am always willing to learn and read something new.
Thank you. Smiley

Very valid concerns.

Yes I developed everything myself, with the exception of denarii the bot in the Gitter and Slack chats (Credits go to enkayz) and a few including enkayz have helped out with Denarius itself with a few commits. I am constantly chatting with and interacting with the community we are building around Denarius to see what everyone wants to see next, I would never develop something that has no interest from the community....Everyone is free to put up PR requests on the Github for review and approval. (Personally as far as hard fork features, I do strongly believe against forks, and I think it goes against all belief of the "blockchain")

The niche is that it isn't a "token", its a real cryptocurrency, its own blockchain. I think a lot of these points are made in the Whitescroll: https://denarius.io/whitescroll.pdf

Including transaction speeds, Denarius can handle roughly 150 tps which is far greater than Bitcoin itself at its current state of around 7 tps. This is due to how fast the blocks are found, within 30 seconds the memory pool of the block gets a fresh start, so we are in a way eliminating the need for a larger block size, by just speeding up block times.

I would mainly hope that Denarius can be become as liquid as possible, so exchanges, merchant integration tools, etc. are certainly important. I do think allowing easy merchant integration would be ideal, but like you said, its all about convincing bigger brands, shops, etc. to adopt the coin. After all that is what a cryptocurrency is suppose to be.

Denarius is just suppose to be a no-frills solid cryptocurrency.

1) What type of OC work best for this coin?  Memory like Eth or Core like Zcash?

2) Is there a requirement for cards?  Like on Eth where 2Gb cards will no longer work?

Just wondering what some of the lower end cards will get.  I sold off my Rx 470's and 480's a few weeks ago and changed from Eth and have a few systems lying around that I might toss a few cheap cards in to run on this coin if they are worth it...

Thanks guys!

1) Core

The calculator on Whattomine is WAY off from what I am actually getting?  I did see that it is listed in Kh/s and not Mh/s but even adding a 0 at the end still doesn't fix it.

Yea Whattomine is still in beta with their Tribus and Denarius calculations, so it still may not function properly.
buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:10:28 AM

Thanks guys!

1) Core

The calculator on Whattomine is WAY off from what I am actually getting?  I did see that it is listed in Kh/s and not Mh/s but even adding a 0 at the end still doesn't fix it.

I use https://www.coinstaker.com/bitcoin-calculator/hashpower-converter/ to convert Mh/s to Kh/sec for whattomine. Don't forget to input the latest CMC price as well.
enkayz

hashbag.cc

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 01:13:19 AM

yeah whattomine is a bit out, and they still don't seem to get the price properly

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: