Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:13:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274744 times)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 10:33:59 PM

Hi, Pablo

I would like to view profit measurement of BTC, not of USD.

Hi Bruter Smiley,
  I think we may be able to work on something like that for a future release. Let me talk to the dev team, we have our hands full right now with hosting development and the outlines of V3, I'll see where we can sneak this in Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 10:36:40 PM

These are my thoughts:

I realize this is an EMA bot. Simple rules, simple executions. As you can see in my pic above.....

IF you use 1 hour settings (and above) AND there is a flash crash within 30 minutes... (meaning, it goes from where it was to the new bottom (lets say a 25% drop in price)...the bot reacts to it after the next update by initiating a sell order. Correct?
First I'll admit how I got here:  I've all but finished up watching or being concerned with the hardware thread; there's little more to see there from here on out, IMO.  I searched to see if you had left the forums, since I hadn't seen you on the BFL threads, and found this.

This is actually very much closer to my core business than bitcoins, so I'll make a couple of points, regarding EMA's and their use as trading signals.

First, an EMA "period" is actually a product of two dimensions:  sampling frequency and normalized parameter.  Example is easiest.  Say you want to construct an EMA with a period of 6 hours.  You solve for the parameter as \alpha = 2/(6+1),
if you are sampling once per hour.  

But if you sample every minute, then a parameter of \alpha = 2/(6*60+1) will give you a function that is virtually the same as the first, but with the ability to "respond" to signals every minute rather than once an hour.

Second, regarding EMA "signals."  There are two basic triggers used:  simple crossings of the lines, and so-called "directional bindings."  In other words, rules are "trade when price crosses ema", OR "trade when slope of function changes."  Except for "noise," "significance of the binding", or "price confirmation offset", these two rules are identical.  

This is because, by its mathematical construction, an EMA changes slope whenever a current price contributing to the function falls (rises) below(above) the current value of the EMA.

Just some off-top-of-head comments.

Hi Loredo Smiley,
   We really enjoy having knowledgeable traders on the thread, I hope you stick around our community (no purchase necessary Smiley ).

Please let me know if you need anything at all, and WELCOME!

Pablo.

Just curious: What is you main profession, mathematics?

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
razorfishsl

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 01:02:09 AM

The Manual and the software really needs a bit of work from a safety point of view........

Just some points:

1. the engine should be installed  DISABLED I.E 'Disabled Trading Engine' as checked
2. There should be an initial setup where FIAT reserve & Bitcoin reserve are pre-set to the MAXIMUM holdings of the account.

That way , when one is working thru the manual page by page, the bot does not go insane once the API keys are inputted.

It would also be 'nice' if the page related to API keys has a great big warning, about setting  the reserves BEFORE the API keys are inputted....

RazorFish,
   I see your point. Basically you would like to have the bot on "pause" by default during initial setup. I think it's a valid suggestion, I will bring this up with the dev team.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions, I am here to help Smiley.

Pablo.

I don't think it is as complex as changing software, rather REORDER the manual, so the  RESERVES are dealt with BEFORE the API, even if they are on the bottom of the panel and the API is on the top.

Because the first time the BOT powers up and even though the parameters were set for trades, it  went and sold off all the FIAT it could get its hands on, but from what I could see, the MARKET DID NOT meet the Threshold parameters  for buying coin..........

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:15:19 AM

Currently testing out the trial vs. my btc-e account with default settings. My question is, should I decide to purchase the full blown product near the end of the trial-period would I simply have the option of upgrading my existing trial key?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Gentle_bend

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:14:28 AM

Hi Guys,

A short question:
Is it possible to trade in EUR (or any other FIAT currency) on BTC-E using BBot? Value is bot is by default in USD but afaik you can deposit many currencies with BTC-E... or is it something with their API?
I could of course buy USD but if I prefer to trady in EUR that is another fee...

Bendous
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:13:16 PM

I don't think it is as complex as changing software, rather REORDER the manual, so the  RESERVES are dealt with BEFORE the API, even if they are on the bottom of the panel and the API is on the top.

Because the first time the BOT powers up and even though the parameters were set for trades, it  went and sold off all the FIAT it could get its hands on, but from what I could see, the MARKET DID NOT meet the Threshold parameters  for buying coin..........

This has happened to me a couple of times, being offline for awhile and coming back up, all of a sudden it flash sells. I increased the number of sample data points to the maximum (so I could see more history) and that seemed to limit the flash sell.

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:37:05 PM

The Manual and the software really needs a bit of work from a safety point of view........

Just some points:

1. the engine should be installed  DISABLED I.E 'Disabled Trading Engine' as checked
2. There should be an initial setup where FIAT reserve & Bitcoin reserve are pre-set to the MAXIMUM holdings of the account.

That way , when one is working thru the manual page by page, the bot does not go insane once the API keys are inputted.

It would also be 'nice' if the page related to API keys has a great big warning, about setting  the reserves BEFORE the API keys are inputted....

RazorFish,
   I see your point. Basically you would like to have the bot on "pause" by default during initial setup. I think it's a valid suggestion, I will bring this up with the dev team.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions, I am here to help Smiley.

Pablo.

Hi,
  I see what you are saying about the manual and I'll make sure we work on that ASAP. The software solution is more complete though and I will see about pushing for that.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:42:32 PM

Currently testing out the trial vs. my btc-e account with default settings. My question is, should I decide to purchase the full blown product near the end of the trial-period would I simply have the option of upgrading my existing trial key?

Hi Smiley,
  This is a good question, we've had some issues with this lately:

1. Yes, if you go into Butter-bot.com and purchase, say, a 3 month package that INCLUDES a bot, you can just enter your new key into your existing demo and you are all set. Then when you want to renew again you would purchase the much cheaper RENEWAL CODES, not the Bot Packages, and you could renew your time as you see fit.

2. The error we are seeing is people with the demo buying renewal codes which do not include a bot purchase and trying to make those work (they won't).

I hope this answers your question in full, please let me know if you have any follow up questions Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:44:45 PM

Hi Guys,

A short question:
Is it possible to trade in EUR (or any other FIAT currency) on BTC-E using BBot? Value is bot is by default in USD but afaik you can deposit many currencies with BTC-E... or is it something with their API?
I could of course buy USD but if I prefer to trady in EUR that is another fee...

Bendous

Hi Bendous Smiley,
   You can currently only trade in USD on BTC-E, we will see about expanding that for V3, but that is how it is as of right now.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 08:25:47 PM

OMG    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  Tempted to Manually sell right now at 193+ per BTC..  I would make 1K profit if I sold now and as much as I LOVE this bot, I know the price will have to probably go into the 170's to trigger a bot sell.

What to do..

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:22:08 PM

Trying out the demo for this, would like to utilize this for a stop loss function for this software on bitstamp. I don't wish to have the bot actively trading. Is there setting that will allow the stop loss feature to activate during a crash, but doesn't have the bot making trades all willy nilly?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 11:10:52 PM

Trying out the demo for this, would like to utilize this for a stop loss function for this software on bitstamp. I don't wish to have the bot actively trading. Is there setting that will allow the stop loss feature to activate during a crash, but doesn't have the bot making trades all willy nilly?

Hi Greenbits Smiley,
   You could use high settings on your thresholds, like 10 and 15 on each.

We would also suggest high settings on stop loss but that's really up to you. Stop loss activation shuts the bot off.

This is not what the bot was designed for, but there are a handful of customers who do it like this.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 12:00:25 AM

My bots all stopped getting data from BitStamp @ 0700 this morning (running on multiple machines, so each exchange has tuned settings).

Anybody else seeing this?

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 12:22:17 AM

My bots all stopped getting data from BitStamp @ 0700 this morning (running on multiple machines, so each exchange has tuned settings).

Sean,
  We will track this down and get back to you ASAP, it may have to do with some back end work we are doing.

Please drop me a message if you don't hear from me by tomorrow AM.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:05:44 AM

+1

I too am experiencing this exact same issue. It worked just fine yesterday and actually placed one purchase order for PPC but since then zip.

Gimme the crypto!!
razorfishsl

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 09:15:14 AM

Really you should not be using the BOT if you do not understand that it is not 'willy nilly', the whole point is that over time you will see an increase over a 'normal' human trader, but that may include  taking it in the ass once in a while....
There is a 'run test' function and whilst it is a bit basic, it will give you an idea.

For example the recommended settings would have made a significant loss on Mtgox over the past few days.

It gave me enough of an idea to understand the  functionality is not suitable for trading in such a market at the moment, as it stands the BOT is not quite polished enough, and yep I know it makes money, but is also takes rather more 'hits' than it should.

Personally I'm of the mind that the product is in need of significantly more 'safety mechanisms', but I also do not think that a simple 'stop loss' is the answer, specifically because it can be exploited by other traders and in some cases may well be a significant contributing factor to  a 'flash crash'.

That said and despite the BOT going mad and clearing out all my FIAT, I have still managed to manually trade the account to a significantly better position that the BOT over the last two days.
There are some rather 'shitty' patterns emerging from gox at the moment indicating some very rough BOT trading algorithms.

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:28:11 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 10:31:50 AM by nwfella

Sean,
  We will track this down and get back to you ASAP, it may have to do with some back end work we are doing.

Pablo.

My BitStamp has apparently come back online...thank you sir!!

*Haven't really seen any sort of profitability from my limited use of the trial. Any plans on supporting other currencies as well as adding additional exchanges (mcxnow of particular interest to me atm)?

Gimme the crypto!!
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:31:32 PM

Really you should not be using the BOT if you do not understand that it is not 'willy nilly', the whole point is that over time you will see an increase over a 'normal' human trader, but that may include  taking it in the ass once in a while....
There is a 'run test' function and whilst it is a bit basic, it will give you an idea.

For example the recommended settings would have made a significant loss on Mtgox over the past few days.

It gave me enough of an idea to understand the  functionality is not suitable for trading in such a market at the moment, as it stands the BOT is not quite polished enough, and yep I know it makes money, but is also takes rather more 'hits' than it should.

Exactly. Which is why I have no wish to use the product in this manner. No problem with the math behind the software; I just am of the mind that a reasonably informed rational market participant is more effective that a piece of code.

And, I disagree. There is plenty of profit potential in the current market. Unfortunately, that means monitoring the price and order book in real time. It sucks much ass.

I suppose you are right. I guess I actually don't have a use for this software then. I need stop loss functionality with Bitstamp, and upon later inspection  this doesn't provide that, or I have been unable to figure out how to accomplish this. I apologize if my use of the phrase "willy nilly"seemed to indicate a negative opinion of the product. That is definitely not the case.
Thanks!

Green

GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:38:04 PM

Hi Greenbits Smiley,
   You could use high settings on your thresholds, like 10 and 15 on each.

We would also suggest high settings on stop loss but that's really up to you. Stop loss activation shuts the bot off.

This is not what the bot was designed for, but there are a handful of customers who do it like this.

Pablo.

Ah, I didn't not see this post before I last posted, my apologies. Will test out these new recommended settings, and I understand this is not the "proper" usage of this and have appropriate expectations. Thanks! After evaluation will strongly consider purchase of this product, I appreciate the work that was put into this, and the level of support provided to the customers.

Green
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 01:36:33 PM

Sean,

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,
   Bitstamp added a restriction to the API (without notice...) which
our backend ran into, so it couldn't load the prices anymore. It's
fixed now so no one should be experiencing this issue anymore.

Please drop me a line if anyone needs anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: