Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:07:58 AM

Any update or responses to some of the posts and questions?  A lot of us are watching this very closely, this is a race, and Steamboat seems to be winning.

Updated the website with our office address. Final moving in tomorrow. Anybody who wants to come visit can call us for an appointment.

We are still deciding whether to accept Paypal/CC/Bank Transfers.

The modular boards, even if ordered without a case, will come with heatsinks.

The DX Mini supports 20 K16s, not 10.

Dude, all I can say is credit card takes the liability off your customers you want to build trust from. Think about that...

I think TH could be smart and take CC/PayPal but at a ~5% premium over exchange rate for their perceived risk.  Pay for security, as they say, but even on their side, if they produce a product that is functional and stable, charge backs won't happen.  Satisfied customers almost never bitch...

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:39:32 AM

Any update or responses to some of the posts and questions?  A lot of us are watching this very closely, this is a race, and Steamboat seems to be winning.

Updated the website with our office address. Final moving in tomorrow. Anybody who wants to come visit can call us for an appointment.

Dude, all I can say is credit card takes the liability off your customers you want to build trust from. Think about that...

I think TH could be smart and take CC/PayPal but at a ~5% premium over exchange rate for their perceived risk.  Pay for security, as they say, but even on their side, if they produce a product that is functional and stable, charge backs won't happen.  Satisfied customers almost never bitch...

Forward and charge the transaction fee as an additional to customers who want that security.

Anyone in the right mind would pay the fee at this stage in Terrahash's development.

It saves headache all round, and Terrahash, if you're reading this, take a look around this forum, some of these people are menatlists. You don't wanto to be dealing with mentalists when you have shit to do. Save yourself and them the headache. Seriously...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:47:22 AM

Forward and charge the transaction fee as an additional to customers who want that security.

Anyone in the right mind would pay the fee at this stage in Terrahash's development.

It saves headache all round, and Terrahash, if you're reading this, take a look around this forum, some of these people are menatlists. You don't wanto to be dealing with mentalists when you have shit to do. Save yourself and them the headache. Seriously...

Ok, I'm sure that's sarcasm, but how you mean "mentalist?" Certainly no way to read body language, and we ain't got no Uri Gellar's in here that I'm aware of...

Aside from that, agreed. I would pay the premium for protection, at least first time out. After that I would likely be reinvesting my Bitcoins into more machines for a time.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:49:17 AM

Ok, I'm sure that's sarcasm, but how you mean "mentalist?" Certainly no way to read body language, and we ain't got no Uri Gellar's in here that I'm aware of...

Aside from that, agreed. I would pay the premium for protection, at least first time out. After that I would likely be reinvesting my Bitcoins into more machines for a time.

Ah in the UK, it's a play on the term someone's being 'mental', as in a lunatic, mad, fruit of the loom, crazy...

If we were all 'mentalists' as in magic, pre-ordering would be soo much easier! Wink

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:58:05 AM

Ah in the UK, it's a play on the term someone's being 'mental', as in a lunatic, mad, fruit of the loom, crazy...

If we were all 'mentalists' as in magic, pre-ordering would be soo much easier! Wink

Ah. Thought that might be what you were getting at. I'm a fan of British humour, but sometimes it gets by me. We Yanks are a bit literal minded Tongue
sikman

Activity: 572

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:11:43 AM

+1 on accepting CC Master/Visa cards directly, there are too many people offering ASIC's demanding up front $$$ and no products to show and 99% of them are scammers, forget about using your CC card through Paypal.....no Real protection after 45 days, even after 45 days you try to claim back through your Cc provider they will refuse as you used a 3rd party (PAYPAL)...

edit: Will happily pay a surcharge to use CC directly as well...

PECULIUM                    [  PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED ]
First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence     / WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /

▓░          ░  ░░░    ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
                                  █▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▒▓██▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
             ░░░░░▒▒░░  ░░░░░░░░░▒█░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒███▓▓████████▓▓
        ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ ░░░     ▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓██▒▓██████▓█████
     ░▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ░░░░░░▒▓▒ ░░░    ░▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██▓ ████████▒▓██▓▓
          ░░░░▒░▒▒░▒▒▒▒░▒░ ░      ▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓▓▒░████▓███▒████▓▓
      ░░░░░░░▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░       ▒▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ █████████████  
       ░░░▒▒▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   ░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒███▓█████▓░     
      ░░░    ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓▓  ░░░ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ ░▓██▓▒░          ░ ░
     ░░  ▒▓█████████▓▓▓▒▓░  ░░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▒░   ░░░ ░░░░     
     ░ ▓██▒▓▓▓███▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓    ░ ░▒░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒░░░░             
     ░▓█░▒██████████▓▒▒█      ░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            
    ░▓▓ ███████▓▒██▓███▒      ░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░▒░▒░▒▒░░░░░░░         
    ▒▒ ▓██▓▓██▒▓███▓███      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░            
    ▒░▒█░███▓████▓           ░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░                 
    ░ ██ ████▓▓     ▒       ░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░                    
                   ▒░      ░░ ░   ░░░░░░░░░░                      
            ░░░░░░▒▒       ░░   ░ ░  ░░░░░░░                      
          ░░░  ░░ ░         ░          ░░░░░░                     
                           ░      ░░░░░░░▒▒░                      
                                     ░░░  ░▒                      
                            ░░▒░░░      ░  ░▒                     
                    ░    ░░░░░░ ░░░▒▒░    ░░▒░                    
                    ▒▒░░░░░░   ░░    ░▒▒░░░░▒▒                    
                      ▒▒░░▒░▓███████▓ ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▒                    
                    ▓░ ░▒░░▓██████████░░▒▒▒▓▓                     
                   ▓███░░▒▒▒▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▓                      
                    ████▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░                       
                     ▓██▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░░                          
                      ▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░                               
                        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▒                                  
                         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒                                  
                          ░▒▒░▒░                                  
                          ░░   ░                                  
                          ░    ░                                  ░
                             ░░                       ░           ░
                                                      ░░        ░ ░
                         ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░     ░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░ ░ ░ ░
                       ░▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░    ░░░░░░░ ░
                      ░▒░▒▒▒▓▓▓███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░
                     ░▒▒▓▓████▓▓▒              ░▒▒▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░░░▒░▒
                    ░▒▓██▒░                ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░   ░░░░░░▒
                   ░▒▓█       ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒░▒
                  ▒▒▓█   ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                 ░░▓█    ░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░ ░░░░░        ░ ▒
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:15:06 AM

Any update or responses to some of the posts and questions?  A lot of us are watching this very closely, this is a race, and Steamboat seems to be winning.

+1 on accepting CC Master/Visa cards directly, there are too many people offering ASIC's demanding up front $$$ and no products to show and 99% of them are scammers, forget about using your CC card through Paypal.....no Real protection after 45 days, even after 45 days you try to claim back through your Cc provider they will refuse as you used a 3rd party (PAYPAL)...

There seems to be some leeway on this. Look up Bitcoinorama's posts on the subject in the KNC Miner threads. I don't yet know how much this applies in the US, but his CC issuer will take up the case after Paypal is done. Since they are simply a payment processor, the law may not consider them a third party. (He is in UK)
monkeymonkey

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:24:21 AM

Any update or responses to some of the posts and questions?  A lot of us are watching this very closely, this is a race, and Steamboat seems to be winning.

awesome.  I'd be happy to swing by with a camera.  When do you think you'll have some prototypes to show off?

-s
Streets 2.0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:58:05 PM

I will take some pics of the office and upload them tomorrow. We still don't have a sign at the door, it will take about a week to put one there.

Any updates on those pictures promised??  I can't get someone out to your facility for at least two weeks, potentially longer Sad

Still trying to see if I can get approved for the trip to Santa Clara since from the 21st to the 25th I will be in LA at the Biltmore hotel setting up a new office attached to the hotel.  

I know we are all being pushy with each of these companies, albeit TH, KNC, Bitfury, etc. but this IS a race and there is a lot of BTC at stake here.  So far I am looking at these companies, and one of the major things separating TH from the others is that they ARE in the US.  I have a hard time being able to trust any foreign entity when it comes to pre-ordering, and/or purchasing, or intermediary for the over seas purchase

TH Pro's

TH is in the US (this only benefits if you reside in the US)
No pre-order money
Press release from the co. not some half assed forum post (this pro is weighted lightly though)
Physical location easily verifiable (can someone get out there please, damn!!! Smiley)
Offering assembly (this could be a Con rather than a Pro if this turns out to be a scam, which I do not think this is)
Price vs. compeition (slim, but present)
Estimated turn around once boards and chips are in hand is two weeks (for testing) and estimated production is 250 per day ( this could be fodder)

TH Con's

Communication and updates are not on par with some of the other entities out there
Avalon Batch - unknown order date/status/ETA/verification (unless it was posted somewhere and I missed it)
No escrow (I consider this neutral, but others do not.  With escrow, TH could still run off with our BTC)
No alternative form of payment to build trust and security on 'first in' orders ( I would like to be able to say I was the first to purchase a TH miner!)
Appear to be the furthest off in comparison to the rest (could be opposite, absent of updates)

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:18:16 PM

I will take some pics of the office and upload them tomorrow. We still don't have a sign at the door, it will take about a week to put one there.

Any updates on those pictures promised??  I can't get someone out to your facility for at least two weeks, potentially longer Sad

Still trying to see if I can get approved for the trip to Santa Clara since from the 21st to the 25th I will be in LA at the Biltmore hotel setting up a new office attached to the hotel.  

I know we are all being pushy with each of these companies, albeit TH, KNC, Bitfury, etc. but this IS a race and there is a lot of BTC at stake here.  So far I am looking at these companies, and one of the major things separating TH from the others is that they ARE in the US.  I have a hard time being able to trust any foreign entity when it comes to pre-ordering, and/or purchasing, or intermediary for the over seas purchase

TH Pro's

TH is in the US (this only benefits if you reside in the US)
No pre-order money
Press release from the co. not some half assed forum post (this pro is weighted lightly though)
Physical location easily verifiable (can someone get out there please, damn!!! Smiley)
Offering assembly (this could be a Con rather than a Pro if this turns out to be a scam, which I do not think this is)
Price vs. compeition (slim, but present)
Estimated turn around once boards and chips are in hand is two weeks (for testing) and estimated production is 250 per day ( this could be fodder)

TH Con's

Communication and updates are not on par with some of the other entities out there
Avalon Batch - unknown order date/status/ETA/verification (unless it was posted somewhere and I missed it)
No escrow (I consider this neutral, but others do not.  With escrow, TH could still run off with our BTC)
No alternative form of payment to build trust and security on 'first in' orders ( I would like to be able to say I was the first to purchase a TH miner!)
Appear to be the furthest off in comparison to the rest (could be opposite, absent of updates)

Rather good analysis, and just about exactly my position.

OTOH, it appears that in the background they have been doing rather a lot of groundwork, and while the updates haven't been great, they have been substantive. My gut tells me Terrahash and KNC are both for real, just not sure which to go with. Being in the United States is a serious pro for me, as I have little experience with international shipping and no resources to back up my investment should something get tangled up. Santa Clara would be a weekend trip for me by the time they are ready to ship, Stockholm wouldn't even be within my ability.

I'm fairly neutral on the escrow issue, and very much in favor of paypal/cc orders.

And of course there is the Avalon wildcard, but that's pretty much true of everyone coming on board right now except KNC, and I don't have any way of knowing if their partner can deliver any faster or better. ORSoC is of course a less amateur company than Avalon, as Yifu has repeatedly reiterated they jumped in and just did it, but KNC is probably on par with Avalon for experience in this sort of thing. If I were merely a spectator this would be a lot more fun Tongue
Streets 2.0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:48:06 PM

International shipping with DHL

Might as well have Ace Ventura deliver.  Yeah, I don't trust something so valuable exchanging so many hands.

Avalon is a wild card, but I do not see it as a potential hurdle, just something that MAY upset the speedy delivery of my ASIC

I think the original post needs some updating to it as well.

Chaplin

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 01:29:33 AM

I understand credit cards add hurdles and processing fees for the merchant, so I'd gladly pay a 5% fee to make up for Terrahash's trouble. Honestly, given the wild west we live in, the ASIC ventures that decide to take credit cards are probably the ones I'll invest with.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:21:35 AM

I understand credit cards add hurdles and processing fees for the merchant, so I'd gladly pay a 5% fee to make up for Terrahash's trouble. Honestly, given the wild west we live in, the ASIC ventures that decide to take credit cards are probably the ones I'll invest with.

...only one's to invest with. The fact that any company offers that facility as an option shows that they are serious.

Benchmark in my opinion.

So has Terrahash already placed an order for Avalon chips?

MZD

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:36:59 AM

...only one's to invest with. The fact that any company offers that facility as an option shows that they are serious.

Benchmark in my opinion.

I think they claim to have already ordered 20,000 chips... First page of this thread.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:38:25 AM

Benchmark in my opinion.

I think they claim to have already ordered 20,000 chips... First page of this thread.

Sorry I rem reading when they first posted and then I remembered posts requesting proof of ordering...

Streets 2.0

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:10:09 AM

Benchmark in my opinion.

Sorry I rem reading when they first posted and then I remembered posts requesting proof of ordering...

Yep, still looking for that ever so important order information/confirmation...

jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:06:49 AM

Seen the final DX large model.
Looks very good.
I am very interested in these products.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:25:47 AM

Are there strong indicators that the K64 board is going to be ready when chips begin arriving from Avalon? I got the impression that Bkk and his collaborators were focusing on the K16 first? The case design is impressive and demonstrates the effort you guys are putting into this!
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:32:32 AM

Good looking casing for sure!

Streets 2.0

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:35:22 AM

TH Update - they have finished the design of the DX Large

1.See-through acrylic window.
2.L-shaped body design for easy access to the inner components.
3.Fading circular pattern for fans/airflow.
4.Feet on two sides for horizontal and vertical placement.
5.Stackable design

Im sure many of you are on their mailing list too, but some may not be which is why I wanted to get this here.

So, case design is done, good job!  On to more pressing issues?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: