Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:20:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Altcoins really have a future?  (Read 47038 times)
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:54:49 AM

Those who propagate that alts doesn't have future, also doesn't believe in Bitcoin. we can talk about negative sides and about scams but this is not only related to crypto, whole worlds economy is based on machinations and cruel manipulations. From my stand point they are necessary and they are welcomed. Majority only can be thankful this was easier way for entering  BTC, which was already high and almost impossible to be mined with GPUs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:42:56 PM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.
===========================================| I think altcoin has a good future. |====================================================
Ethereum future

The same thing happens with the Ethereum blockchain. Ether is only one of its possible applications, so people could not use ether as a method of direct payment, but the main important revolution brought by Ethereum are the so-called smart contracts and we will hear a lot about them in the next future. 
Smart contracts, in fact, allow a huge possibility of applications. They are computer protocols that have the main purpose of executing the terms of a contract in order to satisfy common contractual conditions without the need of trusted intermediaries.
This way, smart contracts can be used as the deepest layer of any kind of application development and not just to set payment-related transactions.
According to Leonardo Pedretti (Ethereum Italia and Etherevolution), in five years from now, Ethereum will be the undiscussed leader as the main platform to be used for development and smart contract execution:

Dash and Zcash
Everyday we experience the birth of a new digital currency, but only a few will survive in the next future, as said by our friends above.

Two of those crypto might be Dash and Zcash (ZEC) that recently experienced new higher prices.

At present time, Dash and Zcash have respectively a value of $100 and $70. Of course their monetary values mean nothing in terms of what will happen in future, but we can say that they are showing a high interest.

Also, Zcash provides a revolutionary cryptocurrency that is fully anonymous, so the data showed on the blockchain doesn’t provide any info about the amount or the people involved in the transaction. This feature may could be vital for Zcash future because no other digital currency - together with Monero (XMR) - allows this kind of complete anonymity and privacy.

Today Monero ($123) reached the fourth place according to its market capitalization ($255.773.115), right after bitcoin, ether and dash. Created back in 2014, it soon doubled - and then quadrupled - its price. This renewed interested in the Monero currency might be caused by the low bitcoin scalability. In fact, it is faster and with lower fees than bitcoin.

This means that if the scalability-related issue of bitcoin won’t be solved soon (Hard-fork scenario), altcoins will increase their value, popularity and market cap, so they will be more used as payment gateway, while bitcoin will be more and more exploited as a store of value. But this only if the block size debate won’t be solved soon...

Of course, as I said, we can only do speculations and predictions as we don’t really know what can happen next, but according to me Bitcoin and blockchains will be never forgotten and will be more and more used in the next five years.
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:38:45 PM

I feel altcoins as supporting factors to the BTC. People get into altcoins through BTC and I dont see anyone whose jumping into altcoins without knowing BTC. Of course, there were many before but right now altcoins are getting popularity but I dont think it will ever cross BTC.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Xsinx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:41:27 PM

ICO Coins, with good development team, and can deliver its promises has more chance for a greater future., i already invested in few ICO's and Joining some bounty to build up my altcoin portfolio
davei

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:55:49 PM

ICO Coins, with good development team, and can deliver its promises has more chance for a greater future., i already invested in few ICO's and Joining some bounty to build up my altcoin portfolio
Which ICOs have you seen turn out well?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:24:35 AM

You line Up to say YES..
BUT you all do not "use" altcoins.. You exploit them for profit.
So if you say yes.. You mean yes they have a future and that is?
Profit.

It has nothing to do with a used and adopted functional on launch digital currency.

It is about jumping from shit to shit for profits.
And then saying that is in some way good behavior.

They have an ear the guy said earlier?
Who's?

..the profiteer Grin

FUD first & ask questions later™
Krillin61

Activity: 314
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:39:05 AM

Well there are too many ICO's are currently in progress and I can't tell which among of them is the best  since we can't tell how much profit will they get abd besides they all have good platfrom. However they just differ in the way they promote their coin which is why they get different profit.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 06:06:14 AM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

for me, altcoin can possibly survive like bitcoin even the transaction fee goes high. Fees are not the problem because there are some solutions for that. ETH, LTC and etc. will possibly stay and survive in the world of cryptocurrency like bitcoin, there are so many projects uses eth. If the top altcoins (eth, tc etc.) have a better improvement than btc, it will survive for a very long term. Different alt coins have their own uses and aspects, so it might survive.
iyan33

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:15:03 AM

I think all coins in the crypto market should have a future, as they are made with system and development and certainly have good vision and mission for future prospects and can compete with other coins,
Although sometimes there is often a coin that is not clear and has no market
celested

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:37:08 AM

If anyone talks about ICO, I think they should learn about its purpose. And then, come back here, you'll get all the questions answered, do not ask questions about something you never know.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:56:46 AM

If anyone talks about ICO, I think they should learn about its purpose. And then, come back here, you'll get all the questions answered, do not ask questions about something you never know.

You cannot tell the coin future by its ICO success because their are so many ICO which got good response on their ICO times but after that  the developer did not done any thing progress on the project and the coin got failed , so until the coin project are full filled and are going well on track till then you cannot say which is good. But one thing is sure that their are some altcoin which have a great future as developer are fully working on their project not seeing the price value of their coin as they know that when the project is full finished and working automatically the price will move up.
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:00:44 AM

I think all coins in the crypto market should have a future, as they are made with system and development and certainly have good vision and mission for future prospects and can compete with other coins,
Although sometimes there is often a coin that is not clear and has no market

Coins that are not clear and do not have a market is usually due to less active developers in lobbying investors and lack of support from the community.

Each altcoin definitely has aspects and a good purpose for the future of the world of cryptocurrencies including ETH and LTC. But with the passage of time, of course the needs of society may change and increase. Surely this will be a job for every developer so that the future will further develop their coins, so people will still use their coins. Of course this will make altcoin more useful and not dead
jfao09

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:22:34 AM

Blockchain 3.0 were focus on the subdivided applications.
this means that the realistic company will support the development of Altcoin!
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:53:27 AM

As everything in this world lts will pass through some changes if they want to survive.
First to solved problem must be funding, and it would be nice to avoid ICO and find different ways, allocation of funds trough mining or something similar. Second usability  will come over time and it will bring some kind of regulations in this sector.
So conclusions, only the best will survive which is in correlation with nature.
AiWanChu

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:56:05 AM

altcoins will always have a future.. hell one of them has almost the same mcap as BTC  Grin
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:30:31 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 11:43:48 AM by Spoetnik

altcoins will always have a future.. hell one of them has almost the same mcap as BTC  Grin

Nope.

Ethereum is scammy in every way possible.

Further more ETH's market cap got to where it is via heavy manipulation.
Then it was inflated even more after that by scummy shit heads..
Chanting it has a better market cap.
Hey chucklefucks.. You are stupid.

The perception of a market cap is just that.. A view point.
Historically NOOBS they are manipulated on a scale far grander than any stock market IPO is.
Market manipulation in the stock markets gets you put in a jail cell.
In crypto you are celebrated as prince of crypto.

You are sleazy idiot douche bags knowing full well you are portraying a dishonest picture to new users.
But since literally no one anywhere gives a fuck if the facade is real or not it doesn't matter.
Fake bullshit and lies are not a problem if it is paying out Bitcoin / FIAT profits.

You people are fucking dirt.
You are here jumping on coin number 2 ..what ever that may be collectively inflating the price because of two reasons.
One you think Bitcoin is too expensive.
And two you are using the no. two position coin as a vehicle for profit.
Essentially a pyramid / ponzi of sorts.

Bitcoin has real usage and Ethereum does not.
Bitcoin is used in a large variety of ways as a currency.
Such as.. Buying ETH scam coins for profit.

Bitcoin's market cap is reasonably real.
ETH's is not.

You all do not know the history of crypto.
You are NOOBS and idiots.
You could know but you choose to plug your ears.

You.. And your coins are scammy.
If Spoetnik coin was ranked as coin number two you all would be chanting about it having a future too.
You came here and bought what ever had the next highest cap after BTC.. WHICH ONE WAS OF NO CONCERN TO YOU ALL!

And what exactly does a fake inflated market cap RIGHT Now have to do with a coin having a good FUTURE?

NOTHING.

You have no defense of any kind what so ever to post here ever.
None.

You and your coins are scammy pointless garbage for profits.. Nothing more period.

And that my NOOB investard broken English kidiot friends is irrelevant.
The price of a coin is of no concern.
The only thing that matters with a currency is if it gets used.
If it does not? ..then it is in fact not a currency.

So what is it then?
A digital ICO "fuel tokens" not a currency profit "coin".
Which translated means scam.
And I say that easily with no doubt what so ever..
Because all of crypto agreed on that criteria long before you kidiot scumbags got here.

If you created a clone coin for nothing more than profits it too would be considered scammy.
So why is it if you tack on a gimmick then manipulate it into having a large market cap it's legit?

You are full of shit.
All you do is chant currency and one day.
Bitcoin has been out for 8 years and Ethereum had it's scammy rigged manipulated ICO launch in 2014.
Far before you NOOBS got here jiggling your little profiteer dick holsters around.

All you do is chant one day and then talk about literally nothing at all but profits and coin prices and market caps.
Not adoption or real world usage by average people.
You are fucking full of shit.
You are stupid scammy NOOBS peddling a fake market cap scam ICO coin for profits chanting one day to new users here showing up who then also buy into the fake facade so they too can chant one day and count their money.

I look forward to seeing the repercussions of your poor actions.
You deserve what you get investards.
And I will be drinking your tears like Gatorade fap'ing to your scammy ass misery.

PS:
Remember when guys were selling trade advice for AUR?
REMEMBER WHY?
IT WAS MANIPULATED INTO JUMPING THE CAP STANDINGS.
AND IT WORKED TOO.
IT WENT TO $14 A COIN.

REMEMBER?

NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE YOU ARE SCAMMY IDIOT NOOBS.

Oh and any NOOB douches with an ICO sig have zero credibility here.
Get a job at McDonald's little kids..

FUD first & ask questions later™
ninza

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 12:29:26 PM

I remember seeing an article titled "The coming death of Alt-coins" and from that point on I believe alts coins have boomed.

Altcoins are a fantastic boon for the cryptocurreny space in general, and I hope that many of them succeed and grow.

To the moon! CoolBTC
Gastotade

Activity: 545

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:00:30 PM

I remember seeing an article titled "The coming death of Alt-coins" and from that point on I believe alts coins have boomed.

Altcoins are a fantastic boon for the cryptocurreny space in general, and I hope that many of them succeed and grow.

To the moon! CoolBTC

Altcoins have lots of future whenever btc were into some issues we look for some replacement in the meantime and atcoins is a good fot it. Most ico now uses alts for some purposes. The only question is what alt would be the best among them especially will grow in the futire.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 02:19:03 PM

Thinking about if altcoins have future? Of course yes. Every crypto has their own capability and capacity to grow. As the top crypto rises its price value, various types of altcoins also increases their value as the effect of the sudden change in the market industry. All coins have an ability to adopt and improve according to the changes happening in the market. But if you really want to know if altcoins do really have future, why don't you just try investing on it and prove it to yourself.
dimonstration

Activity: 2576
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:36:01 PM

Thinking about if altcoins have future? Of course yes. Every crypto has their own capability and capacity to grow. As the top crypto rises its price value, various types of altcoins also increases their value as the effect of the sudden change in the market industry. All coins have an ability to adopt and improve according to the changes happening in the market. But if you really want to know if altcoins do really have future, why don't you just try investing on it and prove it to yourself.
Yes it is i agree for that altcoin has a future it be. Just like bitcoin. Altcoin can be next for it . Being positive for everything you will see the positive side of that and altcoin has a good ability. As a year pass by.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: