Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:28:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Altcoins really have a future?  (Read 47038 times)
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:43:46 PM

No doubt about it that bitcoin have a very good future but it doesn't mean that altcoins have no future, altcoins like Ethereum, ICN, Aeternity, VSL etc have a bright future. we will see ethereum will be the first currency after bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 08:09:37 PM

90% of them in the nest 3 years we won't even talk about them, the life-cycle of technology now is very short and I expect a better tech to make them obsolete. From the remain 10% only 1% will get good working product with userbase, so anyone well positioned in these winners will thank his stars

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 08:47:41 PM

They are all startup and will fail or lose value in the future but bitcoin is not a startup.

Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:49:26 PM

We all know that Bitcoin has amfutire and many already used it as a lifetime investment. BTC price continue to Spike and even it's price continue to grow little by little by now. Etherium got some shots because even Microsoft is backing it up, litecoin is a very good coin, but I bet that moneros price will drow too. Altcoins by the way is just on an improving pace. There are many altcoins and I think third value will be determined on how good their coin is. If they have some potential and really promising system then why don't give them a shot?

btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:01:53 PM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

This is becoming an interesting thread...Yes, altcoins have a future, a very bright future. It's a big world and the need for cryptocurrencies will only grow. Bitcoin will always be on top (or near the top), but in a diverse world you can expect there to be diverse demand for different cryptocurrencies (even if they are similar).

Competition is always good and consumers having a choice is good as well.

Hardly anyone believed in Bitcoin when it was introduced, many people called it a scam...people called Litecoin a copycat scam and attacked the creator...and look what they are now...and EVERYONE is jumping on the blockchain bandwagon.

Just thinking about how bitcoin has changed the world...I want to buy Satoshi Nakamoto a beer, make that a few beers!

niceli

Activity: 197
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:11:35 PM

I believe we are still in such early stages of the whole crypto currency topic that we will see another technology disruption at some point. When a new currency will come out which resolves the current crypto weaknesses and is more accessable for people like your little sister or your grandpa, I suppose the market will shift quite a bit.
jawatulen

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:21:15 PM

as i know altcoins are one of the main reason why the bitcoin price increase,,
and i believe altcoins have a future, many altcoin developer and team work hard for the future of the coin that created by them..
Adbitco

Activity: 1414
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 10:33:47 PM

There have been people who used to ask the same question about bitcoin too about a few years ago and see bitcoin is still here. I would say as long as bitcoin has a future altcoins too have a future. There may not have been an altcoin which has succeeded in delivering what was expected of it so far but the possibility of the development of an altcoin better than the existing ones cannot be denied. Even some of the existing altcoins are good ones and they have a future for sure.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
(altair)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:05:44 AM

The same question was asked when bitcoin was new. We now know the answer to that. The same can be said about altcoins. But not all alt-coins will have the same future as bitcoin. If it is just a copy paste of bitcoins code, then it will be trash. If it does not offer something new or any added value, it will be trash. But if it has a unique characteristic that can be valuable, then I say that coin have a future.

Exactly. Like not all altcoins can survive in the crypto world, some are just for short term and when its lucky enough it till survive for a long term. I think it depends how the market is playing so it will not lose its value. We can't say what altcoins have the future but we all speculate from its market cap and community support. It will change over time but for sure some will survive.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:42:29 AM

We all know that Bitcoin has amfutire and many already used it as a lifetime investment. BTC price continue to Spike and even it's price continue to grow little by little by now. Etherium got some shots because even Microsoft is backing it up, litecoin is a very good coin, but I bet that moneros price will drow too. Altcoins by the way is just on an improving pace. There are many altcoins and I think third value will be determined on how good their coin is. If they have some potential and really promising system then why don't give them a shot?

Nope.. that is a lie.
Microsoft decided to permit people to add ETH to Azure services..
If you pay your bill.
That is highly misleading and decetful.

..that is not "backing" fuck all ..or "using" either.  Roll Eyes

Either you are THAT dumb or are acting like a predatory fraud to shill for the scam coin called Ethereum.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:46:31 AM

I've bought stuff with bitcoin before, and it's a complete waste of time IMO.  I'm not going to spend bitcoin, which has a chance of huge gains, when I can buy something with fiat, which has no potential for gains.  Bitcoin isn't made to be a currency, it's an investment.  But it certainly has a bright future as such.  That much should be obvious; just look at the passion the community has for it.  Altcoins?  Not so much.  Most of them are me-toos that just copy what bitcoin is, and I don't buy them.
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:49:59 AM

I've bought stuff with bitcoin before, and it's a complete waste of time IMO.  I'm not going to spend bitcoin, which has a chance of huge gains, when I can buy something with fiat, which has no potential for gains.  Bitcoin isn't made to be a currency, it's an investment.  But it certainly has a bright future as such.  That much should be obvious; just look at the passion the community has for it.  Altcoins?  Not so much.  Most of them are me-toos that just copy what bitcoin is, and I don't buy them.
Most Altcoins don’t really have a purpose other than to gamble with Bitcoin to see if it could make a bunch of Bitcoin or not. Sometimes there’s a few projects that show up and feature stores accepting an Altcoin in order to promote the coin though the price of that coin tanks and those store features fade.

Altcoins may have a purpose in the near future, I think that it depends on who wants to promote them.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Ahasan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:54:39 AM

ALT coins are the coins of future. But altcoin will need more time to be like btc.
Amevalentine

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:13:26 AM

ETH, Monero are already very popular. They are safe bets. They always have use and their adoption will only grow.
I would prefer to buy and hold ETH in long term
yes it would be safe bets and there is will many interest in market in adoption that will accepting in some shopping online in future.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:24:02 AM

There will only ever be 1 first coin.
Over coming that advantage alone is a massive hurdle for any up & coming ALT.

I also have to laugh at how you all seem to think some gimmick tacked onto BTC's code is going to beat Bitcoin.

It's the equivalent of putting a funny little hat on the pet rock.

..but hey who wants to buy a water filter ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:51:42 AM

Altcoins really a future, though hopes are not too high.

that right, Altcoin will be a great coin of the future although it may not be 100% Wink
Evlve

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:21:57 AM

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way but Bitcoin kind of seems like HP of the early computer days.
Giant monolith - would never even consider going a different direction, etc etc.

There's always room to improve. Bitcoin has momentum sure, and sometimes that means everything in business. Sometimes there's an upset though.

Bitcoin is the safest bet, but sometimes it's fun to play some shit hands and either win big or lose your money. Such is life
Shahin320

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:29:58 AM

eth already going well,ltc also same.
so I thing many altcoins have a good future.
but every altcoins gets a good future I don't think.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:59:36 AM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

Altcoin also has future, even every coin has it. We can't say because they have little volume and never become number one coin it doesn't have future. I believe your opinion is just only seen their price action and that's fine. But unfortunately this is real market, everything could change in second. Don't forget money management for long term investment and good luck.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Despacito

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:12:20 AM

eth already going well,ltc also same.
so I thing many altcoins have a good future.
but every altcoins gets a good future I don't think.

Except ether, the rest is like a trash. I know their price is high but we're in bullish market right now. After all this pump age is done, we will see all altcoins (except ethereum) on the ground like they're dying. Ethereum is the only usable one between them.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: