Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:33:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101106 times)
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:19:43 PM

I used Winminer for the first time a few months ago, and it was my first time ever mining from a PC and I am grateful that  this user friendly software allowed me to mine in few minutes from downloading the software. Also it offers really nice payment options.
It basically made me discover that is really possible to get paid for the use of my PC.

Then after a week I upgraded to 2 Radeon Vega and from there I began exploring the best use for them and stop using Winminer and began pool mining and later on NiceHash.
To make a long story short, now I have a new hobby with a few rigs with Vegas and X580 and I exclusively mine on pools with dedicated software and Nicehash, but only when their Criptonight "coin" is very high. However Also on Nicehash I mine with my software (Cast miner) to their pool. I do not use their software, bacause like Winminer, their settings need to be generic for working on almost any PC that they are downloaded to, therefore they cannot be tailored for your specific GPU and you loose quite a bit of performance.

Today I tested again Winminer for a couple of hours on one rig with 6 vegas and although I was getting the right hashing for Ethereum of 43Mhs per card, the projected payout was less than 5 usd per card, instead of 6.5 usd that I would have got mining on a Ethereum Pool at the same exact time. Same for Pirl.
I had noticed the same mining Monero 2 months back, which was the reason for stop using Winminer.
For Ethereum, I use the exact same software (Claymore 10.0) which is also what Winminer uses under the hood. Today the payout should have been very similar.
Beside, today I tried to mine the Cryptonight algo with Electroneum or Sumo , but winminer could not even connect to a pool at that moment that I have tested.
Electroneum and Sumo are the most profitable coins at the moment of writing, yet winminer could not even get them to work.

Bottom line, if you are new to mining and you have just a PC with one GPU or a couple of old GPUs and want to make a few bucks, Winminer is a good option, especially for the easy set up and check out they allow you to have.
Yet if you have anything better than 2 GPU, is worth taking some time of learning how to mine directly to a large mining pool.

On a different note.... Nicehash may take some of your money under the table as well, because you never get your full worth of GPU Hashing power either, it is at least a 5% less on top of their fee. I am quite certain of that and that must be the reason why they do not display anywhere on your account page, the average hashing power per hours or 3, 6 hours. They display only your projected payout in BTC or USD. They display real time calculated hashing power once in a while, but since it fluctuate a lot and it is not charted and you can not make any estimate out of it.

for Sumo or ETN, since I always set the Vegas of my rig to mine Cryptonight based coins, the program doesnt usually fail. Today I switched to All Coins mining mode, and surprisingly enough it kept mining ETN.

The system to switch to the most profitable coin is not always the most accurate, though. Sometimes you get to mine Eth and other algo at 4.50€ card, but I change from All Coins to my manually set Cryptonight coins and when it mines Cryptonight it produces the same or more, however the Vegas run better, they dont heat up as much, so it is always the best choice.

On my Ryzen 1500X and RX 570 I have WinMiner set to All Coins and I dont mind, it makes like 3.50€ day, and as for my laptop's GTX 1050Ti I also set it to Cryptonight coins because the GPU stays in the 48ºC - 50ºC range, which is great for a laptop producing 1€ a day.

brookerxx

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:50:27 PM

Hello TeamWinMiner,

well, at first. I really like the WinMiner. Easy and quick install and setup. Live checking and transparent. I like. But i have any questions. I want to know the specific settings to optimize per coin and generaly.

1. At what interval [sec/min] the optimum is checked?

2. If i have several rig with same Hardware, they will work on the same Server? Background to question: the rigs work with the same settings with different minern (one with Zen and one with ZEC) and i have ab big gap between the result of money. I want to understand the reason.

3. you have setup a specified time to start the different miners [sec]? Is this time of all the same or different? How much time need the start of different miners?

4. you a specified reason why you use 10% on optimization?

5. what kind of driver will WinMiner load? Is it a specific mining driver or the latest or ...?

6. what impact has not enough virtual memory in WinMiner?

It would be great, if you can give me answers to my question.

Keep it up!

Greetings brookerxx

fahadaziz321

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:55:36 AM

SO I THINK WE DON'T MINE ON LAPTOP COREI7 IF WE DON WE WILL EARN VERY LESS AND COSTS MORE ELECTRICITY

SO WE MUST HAVE COREi7 DESKTOP TO DO MINING AND EARN 1 $ EVERY DAY OTHER WISE NOT
Ppav4o4

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:02:31 PM

Hi guys!
I am a newbie with a question. Could you please tell me if I could use more than 1 pc to login in my WinMiner account at the same time?
Say I have 5 pcs and I want to use them all to mine in just one account. Can I do that without getting banned?
Appreciating the answer!
viper357

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:05:04 PM

Hi guys!
I am a newbie with a question. Could you please tell me if I could use more than 1 pc to login in my WinMiner account at the same time?
Say I have 5 pcs and I want to use them all to mine in just one account. Can I do that without getting banned?
Appreciating the answer!
Yes, it is allowed. I run it on two pc's under the same account.
Ppav4o4

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:06:48 PM

Hi guys!
Appreciating the answer!
Yes, it is allowed. I run it on two pc's under the same account.

Much appreciation. Thank you! Have a great day sir.
verlass

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:07:10 PM

hi Team,

We thank you for what you are doing...
i have been using your software since some days now...

I really like the Web dashboard but i' thinking your software missing some feature that would make it so great...

DASHBOARD : we want more remote administration capabilities on the go

-change the number of threads: ( we are already able to choose between CPU or GPU or them both)
-Choose which miner to use on a specific computer and make it static
-Set / choose on which specific pool we mine a specific coin on a specific computer of our fam.
- add remote Update activation button

WHOLE SOFTWARE

-Try to auto-add to more antivirus exclusion list
- Try to add a Hide/show-miner-in-tray button
-Show Coin Balance / Exchange Rates / and USD Balance
-Add own wallet and set option for Coin transfert fees

indeed fees should be borne by miner who ask coin withdrawal

[PLEASE]

ADD AEON - BOOLBERRY - INTENSE and MORE COIN WITH ACCESSIBLE DIFFICULTY

THANK YOU A LOT FOR THE ALL

VERLASS
CutterKin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:23:40 PM

@TeamWinMiner

I know you guys are swamped. Trying not to pester support, but really would like some clarification on the payout fees.

I withdrew $150 the other day. PayPal fees were 7.27, and your fees were 4.50.

I'm not complaining about the fees, but I want to understand them. I'm assuming the PayPal fee a percentage, but is it the same percentage regardless of the amount transferred? Same question about your fees. Is it a flat 4.50 no matter how much is transferred, or is a percentage as well?

Please explain, or point me to where this is posted.

Thank you!
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:26:56 AM

@TeamWinMiner

I know you guys are swamped. Trying not to pester support, but really would like some clarification on the payout fees.

I'm not complaining about the fees, but I want to understand them. I'm assuming the PayPal fee a percentage, but is it the same percentage regardless of the amount transferred? Same question about your fees. Is it a flat 4.50 no matter how much is transferred, or is a percentage as well?

Thank you!
from personal experience withdrawing 20$ a week ago just to check how it worked, the Paypal fee seems to be linear because they charged me 0.97$ (0.97x7.5=7.27, your fee), and the Winminer fee is 3%, also linear. I paid 0.6$ when I withdrawed 20$ and you paid 4.50 (150x3%=4.50).
CutterKin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:21:42 AM

@TeamWinMiner

Thank you!
from personal experience withdrawing 20$ a week ago just to check how it worked, the Paypal fee seems to be linear because they charged me 0.97$ (0.97x7.5=7.27, your fee), and the Winminer fee is 3%, also linear. I paid 0.6$ when I withdrawed 20$ and you paid 4.50 (150x3%=4.50).

Thank you for the info. So we're looking at just under 8% to withdraw via PayPal. Hurts, but I guess it is just part of the game.

Personally I am hoping for some larger Amazon gift card options since the percentage will likely be less, and Amazon gift cards are as good as cash around my house...

(Currently it looks like $20 cards with a $1 fee are all that is offered. I know that is 5%, but it actually ends up being 10% for me. See, everything I buy at Amazon I normally purchase with their 5% cash back credit card. If I shop with a gift card that cost me 5% to acquire I also lose that 5% discount. Hence, for me the Amazon option effectively costs me 10%, so I'll stick with PayPal until better options present themselves.)

Thanks again.
commenkiz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:17:20 AM

Winminer mining profit dropped 50% due to the correction

Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:04:07 PM

Everyone must watch and read-****

Weak hands sell their Bitcoin ! Wall Street are buying up your Bitcoin!

Whilst you buy Shitcoins hoping to make big profits the elites are taking your Bitcoin from you cheap !

Think about it logically.. Since Wall Street got involved the price has fallen as they short the coin.

Meanwhile mainstream media spread fake news fear and doubt.

Their intention is to get more of the 80% of bitcoin that’s already circulating. They know bitcoin is going to be worth 100x it’s current value.

So whilst you panic sell on fake news I’m buying more and holding for the long term. There is so much development going on behind the scenes with Bitcoin including lightning payment channels for low cost instant transactions for mainstream adoption at merchants and smart contracts that will change many industries over the coming years.

95% of all the token coins will die off over time and only the very best technological applications with real world use will survive. Regulation will also start to take effect in the next 5 years that will dramatically reduce the number of ICO’s and scam token launches.

Think long term and think where we will be in the next 5 years and don’t sell your Bitcoin unless you have to.

This is my opinion and I’m holding on to my bitcoin and only investing into other crypto tokens that I believe have real world use and real utility for the masses. The global elites want your bitcoin and they will do whatever they can to get it off you.

They know and understand the power of a totally decentralised one world currency and they also know that the fiat system is irreparably broken.

The debt bubble is closer than ever to exploding and CryptoCurrency is the pin that will inevitably burst their bubble.

Wall Street are fearful and that’s why they have now gotten involved.

This year the US Nasdaq will launch futures trading and the winklevoss Brothers should have their ETF approved bitcoin the SEC.

Mike Novogratz is working on building a CryptoCurrency bank.

The signs are all there and more money will continue to flow from fiat currencies into crypto. Make sure you are holding on to at least one Bitcoin because those that do will be the new generation of wealth holders on the planet.

❤❤❤
minermain

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:39:22 PM

It seems its correct statement. Can you please clarify what kind of correction are you talking about? Right my profit dropped from $8 to $3.3 only. Mostly its CPU mining.
Panto

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:06:09 PM

If 95% of the coins will die off because of poor technology, surely bitcoin does not deserve to live.
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:23:44 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 02:52:00 AM by Cyan_Antares

If 95% of the coins will die off because of poor technology, surely bitcoin does not deserve to live.
that's an underestimation of the value of Bitcoin -scarce following the rules of economy, the first-.
moharm

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:03:24 AM

Hi,

Do anybody know what network ports that winminer are using? Our firewall techie has closed almost all port(security reason), so he is asking me which ports I want to open.
Other mining pools do have the information in their website, but I cannot find much info in Winminer website.

I need to know the ports like stated here https://www.nicehash.com/algorithm. From it we know that the port range from 3333 until 3362.

I had sent the same question to the support@winminer.com, but no response from them... Sad

Do anybody know, please post it here... Thank you...
commenkiz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:18:58 AM

It seems its correct statement. Can you please clarify what kind of correction are you talking about? Right my profit dropped from $8 to $3.3 only. Mostly its CPU mining.
look at all the market .

it's all red yesterday..

now it go back to normal
skyviper80

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:55:13 AM

Hi,

Do anybody know what network ports that winminer are using? Our firewall techie has closed almost all port(security reason), so he is asking me which ports I want to open.
Other mining pools do have the information in their website, but I cannot find much info in Winminer website.

I need to know the ports like stated here https://www.nicehash.com/algorithm. From it we know that the port range from 3333 until 3362.

I had sent the same question to the support@winminer.com, but no response from them... Sad

I don't know the port numbers but you can find them yourself by clicking on settings and selecting the "Show command screen" option and running a full benchmark of your system. While benchmarking you can see what port numbers each algo is using to connect to the WinMiner pools.
moharm

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:49:34 AM

Hi,

I don't know the port numbers but you can find them yourself by clicking on settings and selecting the "Show command screen" option and running a full benchmark of your system. While benchmarking you can see what port numbers each algo is using to connect to the WinMiner pools.

That's what Im doing... but I have to stare at it for a few hours since it changed the ports now and then. The 1st hour I stared at it I got a few ports, but like today there is new port number.

It is good if Winminer can just list down once and for all....

tkang

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:30:45 AM

Is it better for winminer to add in 2 FA for login and withdraw option? more secure to have this..
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: